Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Düsseldorf Germany 09-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 10, 2017 15:10

Just a bit of a story here from the perspective of a non Stones fan.

One of my best friends who has never been a Stones fan, but works and lives in Germany now, decided to see the Stones with his wife last night.

Partly because he was curious as to what all the fuss is about concerning this band , and partly because his wife likes the Stones and said this would be her last chance to ever see them live.

Well he emailed me just now to tell me that he could not believe what a fantastic experience he had. He was Knocked back by the power generated by these four men well into their 70's. He said that all the songs came to life in a way he didn't expect. He loved the sound of the guitars and thought Mick was incredible. He enjoyed the second half of the show most and said the crowd got more into it then.
He sounds so excited and buzzing from it, that it has made me feel even more excited to see them in Paris.

Well that's the impression they made on a man who has never bought a single Stones album in his life.

Just thought i'd share that with iorr.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: October 10, 2017 15:14

Quique-stone
waterrats
marcovandereijk
waterrats
so if I could do some streaming again, then I would try with Facebook - that worked better last night, right?

Don't bother and enjoy the show!

THIS I do anyway. I was smiling from one ear to the other the whole show and was just HAPPY even when not moving too much. So if the stream had worked, I would have been very delighted to have been able to share the fun with you!

Many thanks for all your efforts! Intention and attitude is what counts! thumbs up

Well, thank you kindly! :-)

Posted by: django ()
Date: October 10, 2017 15:48

Good concert, better than expected after the “Keith’s guitar playing ability” discussion here. Highlights for me PIB and Rambler. So sad that they droped PWF from the setlist after Hamburg. Also my wife enjoyed the show. That means something as she isn’t a fan. Before the encore I saw Angus walking by, just a few meters from me. He was going back to the backstage area. All in all a much better concert than 2007 but slightley less good than 2014. Just my opinion. And, as always, I sayed to myself that was the last show. But I remember that this question was also controversially discussed between me and my friends on the way to Munich in June 1982. It’s the Stones ... you never know!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 17:48 by django.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 10, 2017 15:52

The story that Stone4ever shared with us reminds me of some similar, personal experiences: Friends who were not into the Stones but became enthusiastic, after the first Stones gig they attended. Also my wife became a fan, after having seen them live (her first Stones gig was Porto, 2006). Until then she also was a woman who has never bought a single Stones album in her life. But, hey, being my wife, she has heard a lot of Stones music in the house, since the early 00's... In any case, being part of a Stones live party is a very special, charming experience for millions people, out there...

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 10, 2017 16:11

Haha, quoting myself and PaintMonkeyManBlack:

Limbostone
- The parking lot is highly thought through. When you drive around the thing, you have no clue where you are. But even if it is almost a kilometer from the arena, we went out by 22:45, were in our car by 23:05, and on the motorway by 23:25. You have to keep watching the lane changers and pedestrians, but it went faster than we thought it would go.

PaintMonkeyManBlack
After show 2 hours on the parking lot. Horrible organisation. Before the show the stewards were there to get the money, but after the show there was nobody to be seen.

How different these experiences are. Maybe we were lucky... smiling smiley
BTW: "Stewards to get the money"? What money? We just parked, went to the venue, got back to the car and rode off...

Date: October 10, 2017 16:17

Remember the «~original» before «[/IMG]» to make your pic show smiling smiley

django
Good concert, better than expected after the “Keith’s guitar playing ability” discussion here. Highlights for me PIB and Rambler. So sad that they droped PWF from the setlist after Hamburg. Also my wife enjoyed the show. That means something as she isn’t a fan. Before the encore I saw Angus walking by, just a few meters from me. He was going back to the backstage area. All in all a much better concert than 2007 but slightley less good than 2014. Just my opinion. And, as always, I sayed to myself that was the last show. But I remember that this question was also controversially discussed between me and my friends on the way to Munich in June 1982. It’s the Stones ... you never know!

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: October 10, 2017 16:37

stone4ever
Just a bit of a story here from the perspective of a non Stones fan.

One of my best friends who has never been a Stones fan, but works and lives in Germany now, decided to see the Stones with his wife last night.

Partly because he was curious as to what all the fuss is about concerning this band , and partly because his wife likes the Stones and said this would be her last chance to ever see them live.

Well he emailed me just now to tell me that he could not believe what a fantastic experience he had. He was Knocked back by the power generated by these four men well into their 70's. He said that all the songs came to life in a way he didn't expect. He loved the sound of the guitars and thought Mick was incredible. He enjoyed the second half of the show most and said the crowd got more into it then.
He sounds so excited and buzzing from it, that it has made me feel even more excited to see them in Paris.

Well that's the impression they made on a man who has never bought a single Stones album in his life.

Just thought i'd share that with iorr.

this story says it all. Thanks for sharing it here !!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 10, 2017 16:42

It was a very good show in my opinion.
There were many highlights,for me Bitch,GOOMC,SFM,Gimme Shelter amongst others were fantastic.

It's always a question of personal standards and perspective...judging a show in front of a laptop or by some clips can always mislead.

I tried to avoid to compare the show yesterday with Düsseldorf 07 and 14.
But I failed...all of them are special to me.
Yesterday allready got its place...so many memories and the Stones in damned good shape and form.

Lady of the House was simply carried away...says it all,at least for me.

After the show I thought...this could be the last time.
But today....I don't know.

Date: October 10, 2017 16:47

GOOMC

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 16:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 10, 2017 16:52

DandelionPowderman
GOOMC

[www.youtube.com]

The original uploader: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: wachterc ()
Date: October 10, 2017 16:53

Does anybody know what kind of guitar Ronnie played during Brown Sugar? I cannot remember that I've seen this one before and it had a fantastic sound. Thanks. Chris

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:04

maumau
RG
I was in the pit (Keith side) and it was a really, really great show. I was in Barcelona and Amsterdam as well, but this one was the best in my opinion. Bitch kicked some ass and Gimme Shelter was a very nice version (love Sasha more and more..). Mick looks like more in shape than in the other concerts i've been too this tour. I think the 'bad reviews' is about the seats you have in the those closed venues. In the pit the sound was good.

By the way: Did anyone mark the little emotions of Mick after singin street fightening man? I have never seen that before! He hold his hands to his face for a few seconds. I've got a picture of it, but after 14 years on this site I still don't know how to post it confused smiley

Would really love to see the picture! You have to upload it on a public internet address in order link it backk here clicking on the picture icon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 17:05 by RG.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:12

Limbostone
Haha, quoting myself and PaintMonkeyManBlack:

Limbostone
- The parking lot is highly thought through. When you drive around the thing, you have no clue where you are. But even if it is almost a kilometer from the arena, we went out by 22:45, were in our car by 23:05, and on the motorway by 23:25. You have to keep watching the lane changers and pedestrians, but it went faster than we thought it would go.

PaintMonkeyManBlack
After show 2 hours on the parking lot. Horrible organisation. Before the show the stewards were there to get the money, but after the show there was nobody to be seen.

How different these experiences are. Maybe we were lucky... smiling smiley
BTW: "Stewards to get the money"? What money? We just parked, went to the venue, got back to the car and rode off...

How shall we aggree on the quality of the concert if even the parking lot reviews differ so much!! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:13

RG
maumau
RG
I was in the pit (Keith side) and it was a really, really great show. I was in Barcelona and Amsterdam as well, but this one was the best in my opinion. Bitch kicked some ass and Gimme Shelter was a very nice version (love Sasha more and more..). Mick looks like more in shape than in the other concerts i've been too this tour. I think the 'bad reviews' is about the seats you have in the those closed venues. In the pit the sound was good.

By the way: Did anyone mark the little emotions of Mick after singin street fightening man? I have never seen that before! He hold his hands to his face for a few seconds. I've got a picture of it, but after 14 years on this site I still don't know how to post it confused smiley

Would really love to see the picture! You have to upload it on a public internet address in order link it backk here clicking on the picture icon

You can rest your weary head, right on me.
Well we all need, someone, we can lean on,
and if you want to, you can lean on me.
And there will always be a space in my parking lot,
we you need a little joke and sympathy.
-love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-10 17:20 by 35love.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:23

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
GOOMC

[www.youtube.com]

What's the reason that Jose Luis Luis ALWAYS steals the videos other people have taken and uploads them on his own his own youtube account? Does he earn money with that?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:46

StonedRambler
Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
GOOMC

[www.youtube.com]

What's the reason that Jose Luis Luis ALWAYS steals the videos other people have taken and uploads them on his own his own youtube account? Does he earn money with that?

That is the million dollar question.

Posted by: django ()
Date: October 10, 2017 17:53

DandelionPowderman
Remember the «~original» before «[/IMG]» to make your pic show smiling smiley

Thanks, corrected ... not a spectaculare pic just a nice memory.

Rolling Stones - Düsseldorf Germany 09-Oct-2017
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 10, 2017 18:05

Date: October 10, 2017 18:07

Date: October 10, 2017 18:08

Date: October 10, 2017 18:09

Date: October 10, 2017 18:10

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 10, 2017 18:10

RG
maumau
RG

where's the heart shaped icon here?!
thanks a lot smiling smiley

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 10, 2017 18:17

This thread feels like such a joyous celebration of the Stones.
When they connect as a cohesive unit no band on earth comes close.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 10, 2017 18:20

some gorgeous photos by bye johnny, thanks!

Posted by: Night Manager ()
Date: October 10, 2017 18:25

...the sound back in the hall was awful - muddy, full of echo, and with a constant drone, during the quieter passages, of that bloody air condition or whatever it was. A year ago, same venue, we had AC DC with none of those issues, it sounded excellent. - In Havanna, I was at the back of that huge field, and it sounded crisp and clear and loud. And in high-tech Germany, you`re being offered such a mess. It`s offensive.
The music, though, was great. I thought they played, for nowadays, just phantastic. From MR onwards, the sound got a bit better. SFM was simply overwhelming. And the audience was nice, great atmopshere. - Makes me seriously consider Arnheim, though I`ve got no tix.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:12

Night Manager
...the sound back in the hall was awful - muddy, full of echo, and with a constant drone, during the quieter passages, of that bloody air condition or whatever it was. A year ago, same venue, we had AC DC with none of those issues, it sounded excellent. - In Havanna, I was at the back of that huge field, and it sounded crisp and clear and loud. And in high-tech Germany, you`re being offered such a mess. It`s offensive.

Maybe the German promotor tried to save some money and didn't choose a high quality sound system in addition to the Stones system.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:20

Anybody have a nice clip of SFM? grinning smiley

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:23

wachterc
Does anybody know what kind of guitar Ronnie played during Brown Sugar? I cannot remember that I've seen this one before and it had a fantastic sound. Thanks. Chris
Danelectro The 64 w/ Bigsby Orange Metallic

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 10, 2017 19:29

Question for anyone who was in the pit.

Did they use the same entry system as in Barcelona,Amsterdam and Copenhagen? In other words, did all pit ticket holders have to enter the pit from Ronnie's side but were then forced to go under the catwalk to Keith's side? Because at those three shows, no one was allowed to stay on Ronnie's side until they closed the catwalk access, which was only after the warm-up band had started.

Just wondering if in Dusseldorf they reverted to the original system where people entered from either side and could also move freely between either side until the the access under the catwalk was closed at 8 p.m. or so? Thanks!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home