Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT MLB Playoffs
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: October 15, 2017 11:58

keefriff99
Leonioid
WOW!! That play at the plate... that botched play at the plate.

Houston up 2 games to 0 on the Yanks

btw- Dat Verlander is a lucky mofo... and I am not talking about anything to do with baseball.
Yeah, no kidding. I bet he is a happy man.
grinning smiley
Some dudes have all the luck...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 18, 2017 04:14

Every time Justin Turner does something big, I'm just gonna post MEMO FROM TURNER

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 18, 2017 13:43

Go Bronx Bombers as it's a whole new series now that it is tied at 2 games each but the next few games the Yankees will have to face Houston's best to hurlers in Dallas Keichel and Justin Verlander who pitched a turn back the clock complete game annihilation of the Yankees lineup .

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 18, 2017 15:23

Dodgers/Yankees World Series? That would be an awesome throwback to the golden age.

Date: October 18, 2017 20:43

keefriff99
Dodgers/Yankees World Series? That would be an awesome throwback to the golden age.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game played, but it looks like the Dodgers are not messing around. The TV people have to love the potential matchup of NY V LA, they whine so much when smaller market teams make it to the World Series.

The Dodgers have wanted to turn it around for so long... looks like they did it.

ummmmm Dodger Dogs....

Date: October 19, 2017 03:48

...and after coming out strong, winning the first 2 games, Houston drops the next 3

Yanks now lead the best of 7 series 3 games to 2.

Next 2 games played in Houston on Fri/Sat... Houston must win... do or die.

Dodgers at Cubbies coming right up tonight... Cubs must win 4 in a row... do or die.

Date: October 19, 2017 04:17

Leonioid
keefriff99

I didn't get a chance to watch the game played, but it looks like the Dodgers are not messing around. The TV people have to love the potential matchup of NY V LA, they whine so much when smaller market teams make it to the World Series.

The Dodgers have wanted to turn it around for so long... looks like they did it.

ummmmm Dodger Dogs....
Oh yeah, Manfred and MLB have to be salivating at the chance for two large-market teams to be in the World Series. There will be endless black and white montages of Jackie Robinson, Sandy Koufax, Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra.

Date: October 19, 2017 04:24

keefriff99
Leonioid
keefriff99

ummmmm Dodger Dogs....
Oh yeah, Manfred and MLB have to be salivating at the chance for two large-market teams to be in the World Series. There will be endless black and white montages of Jackie Robinson, Sandy Koufax, Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra.
Exactly... and I can already hear all the talk about how "the Dodgers broke our hearts when they moved out West"... the boys in the editing room/overdub bays are queuing the reels grinning smiley

but first!!!... and thats why they play the game!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2017 04:38

Cubs hit a home run and they celebrate as if they just won the game...psssshh...down 3 games...lol...drinking smiley

Good lord - just as I finished writing the above and ready to post they hit another home run!!! eye popping smiley

I think I'll just be quiet for awhile...don't want to curse the Dodger Blue!!!

hot smiley

EDIT: OK that was fast - Dodgers just came back and showed them how to hit a home run properly. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-19 04:45 by Hairball.

Date: October 19, 2017 04:51

Chicago vs. Yankees would be a great matchup too...two great, old-school teams.

Although I am rooting for Houston just because I can't root for the Yankees under any circumstances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-19 04:51 by keefriff99.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2017 05:09

The Dodgers are on a mission after 29 years - most wins of any team this season.
So far 6 and 0 in the playoffs - a franchise record.

Hope the stinky Yankees win the American League as I would love to see the Dodgers steamroll through them for a possible perfect post season.
But first things first, gotta put these Cubs out of their misery tonight.

Date: October 19, 2017 07:21

Leonioid
Wade Davis is a machine... a Cyborg... a Terminator
^This

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: October 19, 2017 15:07

Congrats to the Cubbies for staying alive (cue the Bee Gees here.....)

As for my boys in Pinstripe Blue....

Unbelievable. The "youth movement, most likely 4th place" team is one game away from the Pennant!

I'm beyond thrilled, but let's get real for a minute, fellow Bronx Bomber fans.

I wish they could have just stayed at Yankee Stadium for a game today and taken the series right then and there. With a day off, going back to Houston, having to face Verlander again....

The Yanks have to somehow win Game 6, otherwise I feel the momentum will shift the other way in front of the Houston home crowd.

However it works out, wow, what a season! I LOVE October baseball!

Date: October 19, 2017 16:26

Mongoose
However it works out, wow, what a season! I LOVE October baseball!

Indeed!!! No matter the teams involved, October baseball is always fun!
After 162 games, there is a very fair multi-game/multi-series playoff system... and BOOM!! OCTOBER BASEBALL!

I think MLB is the last honest sport... and one that crowns a true annual Champion.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: October 20, 2017 14:55

CONGRATS to the Dodgers, 2017 NL Champs!

My Yankees need to win this thing tonight. I am concerned that the day off, travel, having to face Verlander again, sold out maniacal crowd in Houston, Severino (who you never really know how he'll do until the first batter), etc., etc., might mean this thing goes seven games.

What I want to hear WFAN announcer John Sterling say later this evening:

[www.youtube.com]

Go Pinstripe Blue!

Cheers.....

Date: October 22, 2017 06:21

Okay...Dodgers vs. Astros. Should be great!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 22, 2017 09:45

Congrats to the Astros, especially for what Houston went through with the hurricane. Didn't even realize the Astros switched to the AL!

Date: October 22, 2017 18:55

DGA35
Congrats to the Astros, especially for what Houston went through with the hurricane. Didn't even realize the Astros switched to the AL!
Just looked it up...they switched in 2013. It's still weird for me to think of them as an AL team.

I'm pretty neutral on the outcome...I'd like to see Kershaw exorcise his postseason demons though and hoist a trophy.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 23, 2017 13:24

My Yankees died a awful death . Congratulations to the American league Pennant winning Houston Astros .

Date: October 23, 2017 14:24

TheGreek
My Yankees died a awful death . Congratulations to the American league Pennant winning Houston Astros .

Hope the Astros go on to win it now. Can't stand Chase Utley.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home