Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Honest Reviews
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2017 20:00

For what it's worth, I've read many less than stellar reviews here on the IORR tour pages.
That said, none of the reviews are 100% negative and nasty demanding the Stones call it quits.
As Stones fans (which I assume all who post here are), who wants to read that kind of crap here?
On the other hand, it's nice to read detailed reports that include both positive and negative aspects.
And it's also sometimes nice to read the 100% positive reviews as well.

Just curious bv, I haven't read every review you've ever written, but has there ever been a Stones show that didn't quite live up to your expectations performance wise?
Where maybe you felt a bit underwhelmed about the actual performance or setlist? Or certain members might have been having a really bad night?
I'm thinking that even if you did, maybe you choose not to focus on the negative aspects when writing about a show?
Nothing wrong with that as your reviews are always enjoyable imo, and the positive vibe can be contagious, but just wanted to hear your thoughts on that.
Again, I haven't read all of your reviews and am asking with sincere curiosity - don't mean to be disrespectful or to question your personal experiences.
You can completely ignore this as well as I know you're busy traveling and working.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: October 11, 2017 20:34

corriecas
shattered1978
potus43
every baseball player has a bad day. Same with musicians but I have NEVER seen a review less than A or A+ from BV. Correct me if I am wrong

Interesting point. After the Stones in Amsterdam I read a lot of newspaper reviews. To me it seemed like each one of the journalists expected a baseball player or something, and were disappointed to see the Stones in its true form anno 2017.

And still, I believe each of those reviews was honest. Perhaps the journalists went to the show a bit poorly prepared, but that's still honest.

Most attendees of the show knew they were going to the Rolling Stones, in @#$%& 2017. And were completely stunned by the way they were grasped by the throat by the Rolling Stones anno 2017. @#$%& yeah, I am so glad they are there. On stage. In 2017. And that's also honest.

Fully agree.>grinning smiley<
Jeroen
so it looks like POTUS43 wins again ... He got a reaction out of you... sucked you right in people never learn

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: October 12, 2017 13:08

Great important discussions here.
Many very, very good thoughts.
But all is said.
And I think more would lead to nothing.
We should close this thread.
Right now.

Date: October 12, 2017 13:24

MrMibbs
corriecas
shattered1978
potus43
every baseball player has a bad day. Same with musicians but I have NEVER seen a review less than A or A+ from BV. Correct me if I am wrong

Interesting point. After the Stones in Amsterdam I read a lot of newspaper reviews. To me it seemed like each one of the journalists expected a baseball player or something, and were disappointed to see the Stones in its true form anno 2017.

And still, I believe each of those reviews was honest. Perhaps the journalists went to the show a bit poorly prepared, but that's still honest.

Most attendees of the show knew they were going to the Rolling Stones, in @#$%& 2017. And were completely stunned by the way they were grasped by the throat by the Rolling Stones anno 2017. @#$%& yeah, I am so glad they are there. On stage. In 2017. And that's also honest.

Fully agree.>grinning smiley<
Jeroen
so it looks like POTUS43 wins again ... He got a reaction out of you... sucked you right in people never learn

I've never heard of a «potus43» that won anything – real or fake smoking smiley

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 12, 2017 13:29

caschimann
But all is said.
Right now.

No. Just ignore the thread if it upsets you.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 12, 2017 14:52

love what you do bv...

no need to crush the Stones in a review, but also no reason to avoid talking about something you didn't like, id that it the case.

Also, you've always published my "post game" reports and I appreciate it!

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: October 12, 2017 15:07

caschimann
But all is said.
Right now.

After you posted what you wanted to be posted, you want this thread being closed?
Better let bv his job

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: October 12, 2017 17:45

deardoctor
caschimann
But all is said.
Right now.

After you posted what you wanted to be posted, you want this thread being closed?
Better let bv his job

Right you are Mr. Thats why I was asking him to do so.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1976
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home