Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Copenhagen Denmark 03-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Date: October 4, 2017 17:01

Yeah, if anyone subscribes to BT here, please do thumbs up

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 4, 2017 18:40

Was a bit underwhelmed by the Ramblers so far, but last night's Rambler was amazing!! Cool groove by Charlie and Mick's dancing is unbelievable
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 4, 2017 21:19

Slipping Away (No Filter Pit)

[youtu.be]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 4, 2017 21:21

Christiaan
Slipping Away (No Filter Pit)

[youtu.be]

Wow. Shivers. Dope. Great Keith!

Date: October 4, 2017 21:27

Christiaan
Gimme Shelter (No Filter Pit)

[youtu.be]

I really like how Ronnie and Keith dig the intro. Kinda like the original in a way. No filter...

Date: October 4, 2017 22:22

schwonek
Christiaan
Gimme Shelter (No Filter Pit)

[youtu.be]

I really like how Ronnie and Keith dig the intro. Kinda like the original in a way. No filter...
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 4, 2017 22:26

I assume Dean Goodman was not at this gig - his reviews are always a highlight

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: October 4, 2017 23:01

Late, but from the heart: what a great concert, again!
Maybe the Rival Sons were a bit too heavy sounding for a Stones audience, but still in great style of another british band, who´s greatest records were made in the 70ies winking smiley. Their singer sneaked through the No Filter Pit during the Stones set. Nice look on his face eye popping smiley.

My first ever trip to Denmark and you know what: I love it so much! Was in the No Filter Pit (my first time) and it´s so special. Although I like my concert atmosphere a bit rougher (more rock, less roll), still a great experience. I felt like in a zoo, on the animal side of the fence. Bombastic setlist this time, I start loving the warhorses. Keith´s Guitar on his first chord of SFTD is like a weapon, the same on SFM. Pure energy. Wood, the "kindergarden Stone" (again: thanx for that one, Sir Mick) cuts right through with his soloing. Charlie Watts, the human drum machine with soul, so great on every song. Richards little speech before Slipping Away was only topped by the song itself. See grown men cry. And hear young women laugh! On Keith-side two young ladies from Norway rocked the whole district, with their Indian squaw noises, dancing, fooling, laughing. This time i even enjoyed Midnight Rambler with all the fiddling and noodling. Superb.
Okay, I don´t know what Mr Clifford took before the show (his "dancing" to TD was like a prom night rehearsal) but Karl Denson (also with Tim Ries) does so much for a great, cool, soulful sound! Fowler seems very professional, don´t know if he loves what he does. But his voice helps in the choruses.
The party continued in the breakfast room at the Nora this morning. Ryan from New Zealand and Michael (from UK, I guess) were the best breakfast crew one could ask for. Both were at the show, both seem a little bit like they can´t do without THAT BAND. Cheers, gentlemen, it was a pleasure meeting you!

Did it take long to get into the arena? Did all the chords and all the lyrics happen at the right time? Do the RS need two (or three) keyboard players? I don´t give a flying fart! Looking forward to see the whole circus in Stockholm again. Why I do that? Because I can. There is no better reason, except: they´re the best band one can see live. Now all has been said. Almost by everybody grinning smiley.

Cheers, Fillmore

Date: October 4, 2017 23:17

The Stones airplane is still in Copenhagen. A Danish vacation?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 4, 2017 23:52

schwonek

The Stones airplane is still in Copenhagen. A Danish vacation?

No, 3 Club-shows: [iorr.org] winking smiley

Maybe Charlie joins in ....

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 5, 2017 00:21

Fillmore
Late, but from the heart: what a great concert, again!
Maybe the Rival Sons were a bit too heavy sounding for a Stones audience, but still in great style of another british band, who´s greatest records were made in the 70ies winking smiley. Their singer sneaked through the No Filter Pit during the Stones set. Nice look on his face eye popping smiley.

My first ever trip to Denmark and you know what: I love it so much! Was in the No Filter Pit (my first time) and it´s so special. Although I like my concert atmosphere a bit rougher (more rock, less roll), still a great experience. I felt like in a zoo, on the animal side of the fence. Bombastic setlist this time, I start loving the warhorses. Keith´s Guitar on his first chord of SFTD is like a weapon, the same on SFM. Pure energy. Wood, the "kindergarden Stone" (again: thanx for that one, Sir Mick) cuts right through with his soloing. Charlie Watts, the human drum machine with soul, so great on every song. Richards little speech before Slipping Away was only topped by the song itself. See grown men cry. And hear young women laugh! On Keith-side two young ladies from Norway rocked the whole district, with their Indian squaw noises, dancing, fooling, laughing. This time i even enjoyed Midnight Rambler with all the fiddling and noodling. Superb.
Okay, I don´t know what Mr Clifford took before the show (his "dancing" to TD was like a prom night rehearsal) but Karl Denson (also with Tim Ries) does so much for a great, cool, soulful sound! Fowler seems very professional, don´t know if he loves what he does. But his voice helps in the choruses.
The party continued in the breakfast room at the Nora this morning. Ryan from New Zealand and Michael (from UK, I guess) were the best breakfast crew one could ask for. Both were at the show, both seem a little bit like they can´t do without THAT BAND. Cheers, gentlemen, it was a pleasure meeting you!

Did it take long to get into the arena? Did all the chords and all the lyrics happen at the right time? Do the RS need two (or three) keyboard players? I don´t give a flying fart! Looking forward to see the whole circus in Stockholm again. Why I do that? Because I can. There is no better reason, except: they´re the best band one can see live. Now all has been said. Almost by everybody grinning smiley.

Cheers, Fillmore

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-05 00:21 by 35love.

Posted by: Janneman ()
Date: October 5, 2017 02:40

Here my Sympathy For The Devil movie from last tuesday, filmed in the No Filter Pit, Keith Side. Enjoy.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: October 5, 2017 03:34

Incredible Sympathy.

They sound fantastic with the good recording and ringside seats.

They can still rock the house down, no doubt about it!

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 5, 2017 04:14

StonedRambler
Was a bit underwhelmed by the Ramblers so far, but last night's Rambler was amazing!! Cool groove by Charlie and Mick's dancing is unbelievable
[youtu.be]

I notice Rambler has had the similar format from 2012-2014 when MT was still playing with them, but Ronnie just can't solo like MT can which makes them all a bit underwhelming for me. Especially with Keith's diminishing abilities. Taylor's rhythm playing was excellent on those versions from 2012-2014 as well.

Amazing that Mick can still pull off those moves at his age though. Still got the audience in the palm of his hand.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-05 04:17 by erad.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 5, 2017 04:24

Janneman
Here my Sympathy For The Devil movie from last tuesday, filmed in the No Filter Pit, Keith Side. Enjoy.

[www.youtube.com]

How can Keith pose like that when he's hitting bum notes that sound terrible?

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: October 5, 2017 05:07

Charlie looks so happy on the front page of IORR

Love you Charlie

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 5, 2017 11:24

Yes. It´s terrible. Poor Mick. If I was the singer, I would have a long talk with my sideman. But I guess it´s not possible. It´s a 50/50 deal. No way Mick are feeling safe out there - you never know what Keith is up to next. Gimme shelter is not rocket science...but still...

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 5, 2017 12:52

erad
Janneman

[www.youtube.com]

...or don't enjoy. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: October 5, 2017 13:00

Steffen Jungersen the journalist from BT who always review stones in a cool way, his website has the review at [steffenjungersen.dk]

I got the first 18 min I think livestreamed, and the Parkens wifi got overloaded unfortunately. And I don't live in Denmark anymore so didn't have mobile connection.

And what a show. Mick is obviously incredible beyond belief and in my opinion better than ever overall. He was funnier too than previously and to me seemed happy to be back.

It was my first show on this tour and it hit home in a BIG way that the shows are about being there much more so than watching youtube clips (which I enjoy as well).

And stripping away focus and discussion of bum notes, tempo's, declining abilities, age factor, is this the last time questions and so on and so forth. Seing the show was simply a super cool experience, it was rock'n roll, it was a tour de force of showmanship, craftmanship, great songwriting and having a good time.

Special moments was Midnight Rambler that felt tighter than usual and Mick redefining being on fire.

Keiths singing, that to me sounded better than in a loooong time.

And the two special songs of the night, Under my thumb and heartbreaker went down really well.

And Sympathy was a really cool opener, I was lukewarm looking at youtube and setlists. Being there it was perfect.

I'm looking at flights and tickets now for Paris and Stockholm, which I didn't think I would do before seing the show.

Posted by: Hansman ()
Date: October 5, 2017 13:41

Under My Thumb sounded really good. I'm surprised to be honest.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 5, 2017 14:25

I enjoyed the show in Kopenhagen, which was incredible - especially after reading all the bad press on this forum and anywhere else. Although I realise that a major factor that could have influenced my experience is the fact we got front row with lucky dips (pit).

Let me counter argument in order of appearance:

1. "huge waiting lines and dreadful body search" (Danish press): well... guys: come to Paris. Security and waiting lines/times was nothing compared to what you'll get in Paris. Anyways, my advice: come on time.

2. "Keith playing off": WTF - At least not in Copenhagen. I really appreciate his economic mode of playing: fewer notes/strikes but adding to the backbeat, adding soul and even jazzy fiddles to the music (like on honky tonk women). To me (maybe my ears are no longer good) I didn't hear a single offnote. At some point in time I remember Keith and Ronny running to Chuck, making fun of him as he wasn't able to follow. I forgot which song that was but it was like they were joking "this time it's not us".

Keith Charlie and Ronnie exchanged a lot of smiles, were on fire and clearly having fun! Keith passing the harp to Mick has become a practical joke on stage, said something like "yaya thank you...."

I heard a lot of echo on all of the Youtube videos, even those from the pit. We happened to be in front of a speaker from which the perfect mix came out. I was afraid before the show it would only blast bass notes, like I recently experienced on Foo Fighter and AC/DC shows. The sound was great!

People in Copenhagen were relaxed - even being front row, we weren't squeezed/pushed to the barrier and had sufficient space to dance. I need to find out a way to upload some great pics......

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 5, 2017 15:22

Maindefender
erad
Janneman

[www.youtube.com]

>grinning smiley< ...Cool one, Maindefender. smileys with beer

Date: October 5, 2017 16:17

RoughJusticeOnYa
Maindefender
erad
Janneman

[www.youtube.com]

It's like shooting fish in a barrel honestly.......grinning smiley Two above Hansman is "surprised to be honest" that "Under My Thumb sounded really good" eye rolling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 5, 2017 16:35

Maindefender
RoughJusticeOnYa
Maindefender
erad
Janneman

[www.youtube.com]

It's like shooting fish in a barrel honestly.......grinning smiley Two above Hansman is "surprised to be honest" that "Under My Thumb sounded really good" eye rolling smiley

Oh well... he/she probably meant (but forgot to add at the end): "...on youtube." smoking smiley

Date: October 5, 2017 17:35

RoughJusticeOnYa
Maindefender
RoughJusticeOnYa
Maindefender
erad
Janneman

[www.youtube.com]

Oh well... he/she probably meant (but forgot to add at the end): "...on youtube." smoking smiley

Hansman is a Monday Morning Quarterback from reading his/her posts

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 5, 2017 22:28

Maindefender
RoughJusticeOnYa
Maindefender
RoughJusticeOnYa
Maindefender
erad
Janneman

[www.youtube.com]

Hansman is a Monday Morning Quarterback from reading his/her posts

My only complaint - the first songs, where I was sitting - in A5 - you could barely hear Ronnie's guitar. I could see him playing, but not hear him playing!!! It mostly the bass and the drums. That could have been much better.

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: October 6, 2017 14:12

I agree, I was sitting in A 11. Keith and Charlie were extremly loud, it wasn't until Ronnie's solo on Tumbling Dice you could hear him loud and clear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 15:06 by MacLaurens.

Date: October 6, 2017 14:13

MacLaurens
I agree, I was sitting in A 11. Keith and Charlie were extremly loud, it wasn't until Ronnies solo in Tumbling Dice you could hear him loud and clear.

It was like that on both the shows I've seen on this tour. Keith was insanely loud on SFTD and IORR.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: October 6, 2017 17:32

Arrived home after 8 shows in a row, catching up on video backlogs and decided to start with the most recent experience: Copenhagen.

A warm welcome in the sun, a little tour of the city meeting Marcelo and waving to the Queen of Denmark.

Finally on to a rocking show with a spectacular audience and a loud and good Heartbreaker, subscribe to my channel to be notified when the remaining videos are updated!

video: [www.youtube.com]

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-07 00:28 by zgubi.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 7, 2017 01:58

Loved the video Andreea. thumbs up

Great to see Marcelo and Wilfried were there and hope you enjoy The Stones in Paris as much as the other gigs you seen on this Tour. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1973
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home