Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13
Re: Copenhagen Denmark 03-Oct-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:20

GlimmerGirl24
They're really tall in Denmark, if I were there - I'd prefer them sitting. smiling smiley

grinning smiley Me too - unless they allow me to bring in stilts or a stepladder.

Posted by: slewan ()

MonkeyMan2000
For me the two german shows were the poorest shows up until now, they made quite a jump in quality in Spielberg. Didn't attend today though...

well, I've only been to Hamburg and Munich (and I didn't listen to any other show). I don't think that these shows were bad and Play With Fire was great. Plus: Hamburg and Munich were longer than all other shows and featured more songs.

But I'm looking forward to the Dusseldorf show

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()

Date: October 4, 2017 00:25

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:27

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:29

Official Setlist Copenhagen:

[www.Facebook.com] · [Twitter.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · Large picture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 00:32 by Irix.

Date: October 4, 2017 00:30

I need some quicker fingers! Thanks Irix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-04 00:30 by Green Lady.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:34

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Nice shot! Has Keith ventured that far out on the catwalk yet this tour?
Don't recall seeing any pics or videos of him doing so, but maybe I missed it somehow...anyone know what song this is...maybe Sympathy?
Anyhow, nice to see him prowling around out of the comfort zone of the main stage.

Date: October 4, 2017 00:36

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:44

slewan
MonkeyMan2000
For me the two german shows were the poorest shows up until now, they made quite a jump in quality in Spielberg. Didn't attend today though...

well, I've only been to Hamburg and Munich (and I didn't listen to any other show). I don't think that these shows were bad and Play With Fire was great. Plus: Hamburg and Munich were longer than all other shows and featured more songs.

Those shows were everything else than bad! Hamburg still holds the title of the best setlist. I think Gimme Shelter from that night is the best version yet. Play With Fire was beautiful. And I'm never going to forget the first chord of SFM, just when I thought all surprises had already come. But I think overall the band has become tighter and Keith got more comfortable.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:50

'Doo Doo Doo Heartbreaker' from the Facebook-Livestream: WeTransfer .

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:55

Ekstrabladet:

3/6

link

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 4, 2017 00:57

Irix

6. Under My Thumb

Good to have! Please keep in the set for Düsseldorf.

Date: October 4, 2017 01:02

slewan
MonkeyMan2000

right slewan: same here...!!

Date: October 4, 2017 01:09

schwonek
Irix

6. Under My Thumb

Good to have! Please keep in the set for Düsseldorf.

I hope so too, especially because some stupid blokes ruined half of Under My Thumb for me in Hamburg, just because they were trying to get to the rail of the silver pit by rude pushing through.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:10

TheBlockbuster wrote: "Ekstrabladet:3/6"

And that 3,7/6 ? Public's ranking ? Just curious

BTW, a writer who finishes his article with the phrase - clishe "Business as usual" seems a bit prejudiced...

Date: October 4, 2017 01:16

laertisflash
TheBlockbuster wrote: "Ekstrabladet:3/6"

And that 3,7/6 ? Public's ranking ? Just curious

BTW, a writer who finishes his article with the phrase - clishe "Business as usual" seems a bit prejudiced...

Yes 3,7 is the readers ranking.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:20

TheBlockbuster
Ekstrabladet:

3/6

link

Brutal.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:23

Irix
'Doo Doo Doo Heartbreaker' from the Facebook-Livestream: WeTransfer .

Thx Irix.
Great solo Keith!

Date: October 4, 2017 01:26

Ha... But the readers ranking is now 3.9/ 6 .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:40

Olly
TheBlockbuster
Ekstrabladet:

3/6

link

Brutal.

A bit mean-spirited....
Google translation:

'It's Only Rock' n 'Roll', but Mick Jagger sang in the park, as he has done in the lead of The Rolling Stones more than 700 times before.
But the 773th edition of the classic was as bad as a wet towel, one could easily consider throwing in the ring.
Immediately, it might sound like rock'n'roll, but it certainly did not feel like that. And we are someone who did not like it.
The legends from London have long been a rock circus and a kind of musical amusement park with colored lights and a safe family atmosphere.
But first and foremost, The Rolling Stones is a billionaire, and in Copenhagen there was no slice for the many differences.

Annoying periods
Only standings cost between 950 and 2450 kroner - plus fee! - and the veterans set record for ticket prices for a concert in the Park, which was almost sold out.
Undoubtedly spurred by the fact that it may be the last time the guys visit Denmark dropped 45,000 in the trap, and again it was emphasized that expensive tickets lead to boring audiences.
The atmosphere was almost embarrassing for long periods of time, but it was unthinkable not to clap a lot.
Only this evening's eighth issue, 'You Can not Always Get What You Want', there was a common song, but Jagger did it all very well alone.
At the age of 74 he has astonished much voice back, and he is still kidding around as a fitness instructor at Duracell.
However, Jagger's repeated experiments with speaking Danish appeared to be a self-goal attempt to score very cheap points.
It was more charming when he told me what the icons had been doing in Copenhagen in recent days:
"We rode at Christiania, where we smoked pot and ate raspberries! And then we took the limo back.

In round numbers, The Rolling Stones were phenomenal for the first 10 years, while they have been more or less indifferent in the past 40, which apparently also grew up for themselves, because the set list was always spotted with evergreens from the great times of the last half of 1960 's and the first half of the 1970s.

Honorable sound conditions
The wheelchairs had excellent working conditions in the Park, because the sound was honorable when the national stadium's humble standards were taken into account, but timing stopped for the ancient times, and otherwise the masterpieces' Paint It Black ',' Honky Tonk Women 'and' Jumpin 'Jack Flash' sounded like slim mediocrity.
In an extremely predictable limit on the ritual show, Stones exceptionally surprised with 'Under My Thumb' and especially 'Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)'. However, it was to hear that they do not play the two straight often.
'Just Your Fool' and 'Ride' Em on Down 'from the orchestra's newest album,' Blue & Lonesome ', where Stones symptomatically of their failing creativity interprets bluegrassers, was received with the same enthusiasm as the Rival Sons support band.
Keith Richards' disgusted guitar was annoyed loudly in the sound image, but the sad remnants of his vocal cords were more difficult to catch when he provided compulsory 'Happy' and 'Slipping Away'.
And unbelievably, Richards started his standard jokes for 9265. It's cool to be everywhere in his age. For some reason, the legionaire did not complete it completely. Maybe he forgot the point! The man is 73.

Nerve to end
Sometimes The Rolling Stones reminded why they are not just the greatest, but the best rock'n'roll band in history.
In the end, raw nerve was needed in chaotic versions of 'Street Fighting Man' and 'Brown Sugar' as well as powerful 'Midnight Rambler', which was not pulled as long as it used to be.
In short sequences it tasted of ancient grandeur and the untouched rock, The Rolling Stones had to roll in the morning, but for most of the more than two hours it was like bringing the famous tongue out the window.

Business as usual.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:40

Great version of Heartbreaker... to say that's only its 2nd outing since the 2012 comeback I thought it went really well. Hopefully Heartbreaker and Shine a light can get their 2nd appearances of the tour in Paris!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:46

Looks like just as Keith really up's his game, the others come down a bit from theirs..
Mick economizing with his vocals tonight ? Going through the motions, back into old habits. Finding it hard to come to terms with watching Mick just walk around.
Ronnie the drugs don't work, they just make you worse.
Keith covering Mick when needed as usual, like in Vegas.
Its the story of the tortoise and the hare.
I think its so nice the way the boys rally around to cover each other.
All in all a great show from the footage seen tonight, but Mick and Ronnie seemed a little tired tonight compared to other shows this tour.
GO KEITH GO hot smiley

Posted by: icke66 ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:50

poor show in Hamburg? Lol. Just trolling. Play with fire was magic and GS too. 22 songs and the show was close to 2,5 hours. o

Date: October 4, 2017 01:53

...And now the public gives 4/6. It seems like the readers ranking does move away from the opinion of the particular commenter ...

Rolling Stones- Copenhagen Denmark 03-Oct-2017
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:58

Per Lange

Per Lange

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 4, 2017 01:59

Heartbreaker was great to hear for the first time!

Date: October 4, 2017 02:00

Per Lange

Per Lange

Date: October 4, 2017 02:01

laertisflash
...And now the public gives 4/6. It seems like the readers ranking does move away from the opinion of the particular commenter ...

Maybe it's the IORR squad moving in...

Date: October 4, 2017 02:01

Per Lange

Per Lange

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 9 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home