Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20
Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 30-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: October 1, 2017 15:58

latcho
Some photos of the amazing show in Amsterdam! I was in Ronnie's pit.

More photos on facebook
Facebook
Best photos that I have ever seen of the band on here. Three cheers!!!!

Posted by: cool43 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 15:59

This is a french report of the Amsterdam concert, it is written that the band should be in Belgium next year. (if any interrest!).

[www.moustique.be]
"La tournée européenne No Filter faisait escale ce samedi au stade de l’Ajax Amsterdam. Moustique y était et a adoré. Les Stones devraient jouer en Belgique l’été 2018"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 1, 2017 16:05

stevecardi
No more "Dancing With Mr. D"?
sad smiley

They can't play every song every night. It is eithet shine a light or mr d or play with fire etc. If you need to see every song they ever play then it is just like wathing the tv you need to watch every programme i.e. every show.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 1, 2017 16:13

Christiaan
Streetfighting Man

[youtu.be]

Watching Keith and Ronnie at 1.30 minutes, haha i just love em.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 16:22

Best version since 1994 IMO.
Keith is on fire !!!

stone4ever
Christiaan
Streetfighting Man

[youtu.be]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 16:25 by powerage78.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 16:25

Harm
Great show. so much better than Lucca IMHO. But now I had premium standing as well
But, they shoud've listened to me and book DEWOLFF as the opening act. De Staat s#cked

+1 DEWOLFF would be the perfect opener for the Stones

Date: October 1, 2017 16:32

keefriff99
Mick sounded wonderful on Shine a Light. It's truly remarkable how strong and well-preserved his voice is (just like the rest of him). There are so many big-name singers in their 50s and 60s whose voices are completely shot simply due to aging, and they just flat-out embarrass themselves nightly (like Paul Stanley of KISS).

Agree, but from what I have heard the last 2 years, Mick is saving his voice by not pushing it to the limit. In some songs he is 'speaking' the lyrics instead of singing. An exception is the Fonda gig (Sticky fingers Live). Watch it and you'll see what I mean. There he actually is singing all the lyrics, which is great, but probably also an assault to his throat. I'm not complaining, but this is just the way to preserve his voice for a 8 weeks tour. And the way he does it, is fine.

Date: October 1, 2017 16:35

The true exception with Steven Tyler... with a much more vocally demanding songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 16:41 by powerage78.

Date: October 1, 2017 16:42

powerage78
3/5
[www.volkskrant.nl]

3/5 too
[www.trouw.nl]

And this one so very negative
[www.nrc.nl]

Well, technically speaking, they have a point. I see what they mean. When you come to the stadium to hear technically superb instrumentalists, see and hear guitar virtuoso, or experience artistically new things on stage, you should not visit a Stones concert. But that's not why we visit the stadiums right? Sure, Keith messes up intro's sometimes, but what the hell. The band still sounds tight and great and gives us what we want. Stones concerts are not science, you just have to experience it. When you ask the visitors of the concert, I can't imagine people are disssapointed. The Stones are a monument and they still deliver. Go see 'm while you can!!!

Date: October 1, 2017 16:51

powerage78
Best version since 1994 IMO.
Keith is on fire !!!

stone4ever
Christiaan
Streetfighting Man

[youtu.be]

I know, Keith was all liquid limbed and moving and swaying like visual art in motion. Wow.

Rocking Ronnie too, Mick belting it out , Charlie speeding the whole thing up, Yerrr harrrr

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 1, 2017 17:40

The show is already available on dimeadozen!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:03

Great show, yes. But the worst sound I can remember watching the Stones over the years (1st row premium standing). It was my fist time in the "echo dome" - and I think the last.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:25

MAF
Great show, yes. But the worst sound I can remember watching the Stones over the years (1st row premium standing). It was my fist time in the "echo dome" - and I think the last.

That's what i suspected yesterday. On the tiers seats (vak Noord) excellent sound. Really. No echo no delay. Perfect!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:46

MAF

Sorry to hear that.
I guess it is hard to find a place thst fits 60.000,
has a roof and great sound everywhere.
During the support act I feared the most, but the Stones were
crisp and clear from my place near the middle circle
of the football field.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:56

Just got back home after 24 hours or more Amsterdam.

Had a fantastic time, with only the rain kinda spoiling our planned afternoon walk around Amsterdam, but ended up in the Hilton Skyline lounge and had a few good hours in there.

We picked a nice hotel ( Mövenpick ) and everything was very suitable.

Really enjoyed the concert with stand out songs for me were SAL,YCAGWYW and MR.
Has much as I love SFM and Brown Sugar I did think they did go on a bit too long.
My biggest complaint was trying to get to the toilets from the premium standing, you had to get pass the normal standing and was surprised there was no aggro, there should have been a designated walkway for this imho.

My nephew said Amsterdam was better than Hamburg in his opinion.

Once again had a great weekend, just going to open a bottle of Krug know to finish my 60th birthday celebrations and put sticky fingers DVD on.

Please come to the UK next year or even Europe again.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:59

Hope to hear a report from Hendrik, or didn't you make it to the concert?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 1, 2017 18:59

Bjorn
3 out of 5 seems fair...

I would agree musically speaking (and in the context of their entire history), but probably seems a bit unfair to those who were there and thoroughly enjoyed themselves - the personal joy and excitement of being in the moment can't be judged by a critic. After all Keith's Crosseyed Heart received a few 3 out of 5 reviews, yet I would give it a 4.5 - 5! The personal joy I've had from listening to it can't be swayed or altered by someone else's opinion.

Whale
Am I the only one who saw Keith stumble and fall after which he sat on the ground for a while? It was somewhere third or fourth song.

What?????????

You might be the only one who saw this as I've read no other mention of it, and I saw nothing in the videos I've seen.
Anyone else know anything about this?

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 19:03

Yeah, Keith somehow stumbled on Charlie's drumriser during YCAGWYW

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 1, 2017 19:20

Bjorn
3 out of 5 seems fair...

True, it's very seldom they give a 5/5 performance of even one song these, with the benchmark of their past. Maybe ''I Got The Blues'' from Fonda, ''No Expectations'' from San Jose 2013 and a few others were 5/5 performances. But truth needs to be told most Stones shows these days are 3/5 shows with the rare exception of a proper 4/5 show every once in a while.

Date: October 1, 2017 19:22

12/20...

Posted by: zeus ()
Date: October 1, 2017 19:36

Perfect, just a perfect night! I felt that everyone was up to par. Keith did not stop smiling and he played just the way he is supposed to, Mick, well the perfect entertainer, Ronnie was always jumping and being very colorful, and Charlie is Charlie, never misses a beat.

I haven't seen the Stones for some years now and last night was a solid performance. Before I went to see them I have been following the forum and reading some ridiculous comments about Keith, he missed this, he missed that, Mick forgot to do this and that...if we start nitpicking then no live bands are good, then what's the purpose of a live show?

Some highlights for me. Sympathy For The Devil, Ride 'Em On Down, You Got Me Rocking, Shine A Light, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Paint It Black, Midnight Rambler, Street Fighting Man.

Happy was good but I wouldn't mind to hear instead of Slipping Away, the Worse. Start Me Up, a bit loud and sound was coming at the back a bit distorted but not in all tunes. Crowd just amazing, the whole stadium was there till the end.

I can go on and on but its was an honor seeing those legends spilling their guts off, delivering outstanding live experience.

Thank you boys in the band, thank you Amsterdam, you rocked!

Zeus

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: October 1, 2017 20:47

waterrats

Twitter

Funny to see a pic from me what i posted on twitter over here

It was again a great experience and and i'm really happy that i have seenthe Stones again after my last gig in Nijmegen 2007.

Date: October 1, 2017 20:56

marcovandereijk
MAF

Sorry to hear that.
I guess it is hard to find a place thst fits 60.000,
has a roof and great sound everywhere.
During the support act I feared the most, but the Stones were
crisp and clear from my place near the middle circle
of the football field.

That's where I was as well. The sound was better than I feared.

Date: October 1, 2017 21:00

TheBlockbuster
Bjorn
3 out of 5 seems fair...

True, it's very seldom they give a 5/5 performance of even one song these, with the benchmark of their past. Maybe ''I Got The Blues'' from Fonda, ''No Expectations'' from San Jose 2013 and a few others were 5/5 performances. But truth needs to be told most Stones shows these days are 3/5 shows with the rare exception of a proper 4/5 show every once in a while.

The show clearly was a 4/5, imo. They even manage to bring new life to the warhorses. Heck, even YGMR rocked!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 1, 2017 22:10

DandelionPowderman
TheBlockbuster
Bjorn
3 out of 5 seems fair...

The show clearly was a 4/5, imo. They even manage to bring new life to the warhorses. Heck, even YGMR rocked!

It might have been, I'm only judging from the recording. Shine A Light and Brown Sugar was great and YGMR and Gimme Shelter was pretty decent too out of the songs I listened to.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 1, 2017 23:58

odean73
Just got back home after 24 hours or more Amsterdam.

Had a fantastic time, with only the rain kinda spoiling our planned afternoon walk around Amsterdam, but ended up in the Hilton Skyline lounge and had a few good hours in there.

We picked a nice hotel ( Mövenpick ) and everything was very suitable.

Really enjoyed the concert with stand out songs for me were SAL,YCAGWYW and MR.
Has much as I love SFM and Brown Sugar I did think they did go on a bit too long.
My biggest complaint was trying to get to the toilets from the premium standing, you had to get pass the normal standing and was surprised there was no aggro, there should have been a designated walkway for this imho.

My nephew said Amsterdam was better than Hamburg in his opinion.

Once again had a great weekend, just going to open a bottle of Krug know to finish my 60th birthday celebrations and put sticky fingers DVD on.

Please come to the UK next year or even Europe again.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 00:01 by 35love.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: October 2, 2017 00:16

I've just seen Shine A light on youtube. God, it's lights years (2000) away from Stripped version. Woody didn't play solo too good, Keith - he was just standing with guitar.

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: October 2, 2017 00:18

Links to Ride'Em On Down and Just Your Fool complete live videos from last nights great show in Amsterdam. Hope you enjoy!

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-02 00:21 by Mack Jigger.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: October 2, 2017 00:26

thrak
I've just seen Shine A light on youtube. God, it's lights years (2000) away from Stripped version. Woody didn't play solo too good, Keith - he was just standing with guitar.

Not true at all. Ronnie's solo on Stripped is a strangled mess. His solo yesterday was excellent and very tasteful. I don't hear much Keith on the studio version either.

Date: October 2, 2017 00:30

I've never seen Ronnie this good, he not only struts, runs and swings his guitar while making a solo, but he actually doesn't miss a note.

He has definitely left his best to last, just amazing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 17 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2264
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home