Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20
Re: Amsterdam The Netherlands 30-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:04

I got the impression that they love playing to a Dutch audience. They know they have such a solid Dutch fanbase and fed off the atmosphere and the responsiveness of the crowd.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:13

mr edward
Google translate: last half of the review.

Start Me Up Snatched, Midnight Ramblerkwam did not get out of the ground and in Gimme Shelter Jagger fought a cramped scream with singer Sasha Allen. The Rolling Stones have become a shadow of the great rock phenomenon that they were and are. Live they have little more of the rebellious furie that they could let go of the audience in their heyday. All chairs remained neat in their place. Certainly half of the songs they played were from the sixties. Only You Got Me Rocking came from the nineties and more recent material was not included. It's a pity to fix, but there are plenty of coverbands that play that proven material better than the Rolling Stones itself. The band is still coming to Gelredome and afterwards it has to be finished with this expensive-paid milk cow of musicians who claim to do nothing for it. Charlie, Mick, Keith and Ronnie deserve a wonderful retirement and all honor that belongs to them as unimaginable rock heroes. But enough is Enough.

I think this newspaper wrote the same thing regarding the licks tour.
Enough is enough. But that applies to the newspaper itself.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:15

Beast
I got the impression that they love playing to a Dutch audience. They know they have such a solid Dutch fanbase and fed off the atmosphere and the responsiveness of the crowd.

It was a very good show. Think the fact that is was indoors and warmer helped that. Although I saw Mick coughing and blowing his nose during the first few songs. But it didn't affect his singing what so ever.

I was really surprised by the energylevel that Ronnie had! He was running and clowning around but this time it didn't affect his playing.

All and all a very good show!

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:28

Whale
mr edward

Start Me Up Snatched, Midnight Ramblerkwam did not get out of the ground and in Gimme Shelter Jagger fought a cramped scream with singer Sasha Allen. The Rolling Stones have become a shadow of the great rock phenomenon that they were and are. Live they have little more of the rebellious furie that they could let go of the audience in their heyday. All chairs remained neat in their place. Certainly half of the songs they played were from the sixties. Only You Got Me Rocking came from the nineties and more recent material was not included. It's a pity to fix, but there are plenty of coverbands that play that proven material better than the Rolling Stones itself. The band is still coming to Gelredome and afterwards it has to be finished with this expensive-paid milk cow of musicians who claim to do nothing for it. Charlie, Mick, Keith and Ronnie deserve a wonderful retirement and all honor that belongs to them as unimaginable rock heroes. But enough is Enough.

This was by the NRC. But two other serious papers, the Volkskrant and Trouw, had more or less similar reviews.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:31

Just listen to YGMR.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:48

It was so great to see 3 terrific shows in 3 days, meet a dozen amazing IORR folks and make some incredible memories. Paying for it today but some (more) water and Tylenol should help. Am pretty sure I’m not the only one. I missed the chance to say ‘bye to some of you - sending hugs your way. Thank you, Amsterdam!

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:50

Just watched shine a light - fantastic! I hope it gets another outing this tour...smiling smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 12:58

3/5
[www.volkskrant.nl]

3/5 too
[www.trouw.nl]

And this one so very negative
[www.nrc.nl]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 13:05 by powerage78.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:03

Whale
mr edward

Who cares what journalists write? These people are there for a professional reason,
not to enjoy the show. I can picture them sitting with a notebook in their hands, concentrating
on a tale they want to tell. Only searching for things that give fundation to their
a priori point of view.

Those who came to get rocked, were rocked! That's what counts.
I will have fond memories of the 2017 tour, no matter what others write or say.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:06

Are they professional when they write a good review ?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: October 1, 2017 13:10

Bad reviews from press but the reviews here are more trustworthy to me. So sounds like a great show!

Date: October 1, 2017 13:11

What I meant was, these shows are not given to please journalists. These shows are given
for the fans. Being a fan, I can only say it was a glorious journey along some of the
best songs ever written. If you were not grabbed by the energy of the band last night,
you were the wrong person in the wrong place.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:11

Ride ‘Em On Down

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 13:12 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:13

marcovandereijk
What I meant was, these shows are not given to please journalists. These shows are given
for the fans. Being a fan, I can only say it was a glorious journey along some of the
best songs ever written. If you were not grabbed by the energy of the band last night,
you were the wrong person in the wrong place.

thumbs up

Date: October 1, 2017 13:20

By the way, after reading the reviews in Trouw, NCR and Volkskrant, the reader can see
how subjective these reviews are. According to Volkskrant Charlie is probably the best
instrumentalist on stage, Trouw calls him the weakest link in the chain. And that's the
title NRC reserves for Keith.
These journalists only write down their personal opinions. Don't know if that is professional,
but to me it has no value at all.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:22

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Bad reviews from press but the reviews here are more trustworthy to me. So sounds like a great show!

1 bad review smiling smiley, the rest were pretty ok, 3/5 stars. They value the stones to what they are these days, that's fine!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 1, 2017 13:46

My God Keith looked happy in his work last night.

I new he could still play like this, thank you Keith for showing everyone you still have what it takes. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Its fair to say the Stones are better in arena'a yes.

Date: October 1, 2017 14:00

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:04

3 out of 5 seems fair...

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:08

powerage78
Are they professional when they write a good review ?

A professional journalist writes an objective review, without a personal opinion or personal preference clouding judgement. If you want to have your opinion heard you are not a journalist, but rather a columnist.

More than anything, a show like last night's is entertainment and I think most of the 60k+ people had a great night out. Surely you can find coverbands that can play an exact copy of the solo on SFTD from 1969, but that is totally bedside the point. A coverband will not fill the Cruijf Arena.

In my opinion they played excellent, not for their age but excellent period. They gave it everything they got and the songs stood strong.

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:09

what is this equipment next to the mic stand and to the guitars?

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:13

bauk77

This is from the opening act, The Staat.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:15

Promoman2
bauk77

This is from the opening act, The Staat.
Had never heard them before and I must say that I do hope to never hear them again. It wasn't a disastrous as Dave Matthews but still..

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:19

Some photos of the amazing show in Amsterdam! I was in Ronnie's pit.

More photos on facebook
Facebook

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:20

stone4ever

I new he could still play like this, thank you Keith for showing everyone you still have what it takes. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

His son and one or two of his daughters were in the audience - that should make him happy!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: October 1, 2017 14:35

thecitadel
stone4ever

His son and one or two of his daughters were in the audience - that should make him happy!

Oh bless them, no wonder Keith was so happy.

Happy Keith = inspired Keith = Keith playing bettersmiling smiley

Date: October 1, 2017 15:00

A great shot from last night's concert:

Photo credit: Ben Houdijk

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 1, 2017 15:21

Streetfighting Man

[youtu.be]

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 1, 2017 15:24

I’ve seen three shows on this NO FILTER tour to this day, including the kick-off in Hamburg, and Lucca - but that show in Amsterdam was by far the best one... in fact, it might very well be one of the best things that ever happened to me. (Only slowly returning to sanity as we speak...) Talk about some groovy, soulful, foot stompin’, bad-ass Rock’n’Roll!! Part of the cause for this extasy was me doing my very first “Pit”, from which the sound and views are simply superb. You basically get your stadium show club-sized...

So my eternal and unconditional gratitute, as well as all my earthly belongings, goes out to the church of the Sacred Bleedin’ Heart of Jezus; located somewhere in Los Angeles, California. And I raise one to my beautyful Girl with the Faraway Eyes at home, for always being with me - even when she’s not. Here’s looking at you, darling. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-01 16:19 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: October 1, 2017 15:50

powerage78 wrote: "Are they professional when they write a good review ?"

Of course they are. Theoretically, a professional journalist can be unfair to the Stones, just because he doesn't like them, their music, or their image. Or because he wants to stupefy the readars ('look at me, I'm bashing the Stones'...). Theoretically, another professional journalist can be - at the same time- a 'crazy' Stones fan, who could find perfect even the 100% out of the tune vesrion of 'She's So Cold', from Leeds 1982...

I think that, in fact, the majority of these professionals honestly writes what it believes and thinks. So, the question is: Given the fact that the huge majority of the international Press reviews is positive, very positive or even enthousiastic for the current tour (we are not blinds...), why the hell do we have an issue here ? Just because have been found 2 or 3 negative reviews among 200 or 300 positives?

So, powerage78, thank you for indroducing such a criterion to the discussion...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home