Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18
Re: Barcelona Spain 27-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 28, 2017 14:06

Again, slipping away was just beautiful last night:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 28, 2017 14:21

StonedRambler
[youtu.be]

Cheers StonedRambler, much appreciated smileys with beer

That was really something else, beautiful, just how he keeps on singing that one better each time is beyond me.

That was worth the ticket price on its own smoking smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2017 14:53

stone4ever
StonedRambler
[youtu.be]

That was really something else, beautiful, just how he keeps on singing that one better each time is beyond me.

Great version.
Seemed really heartfelt and was moving.

Posted by: stonerolling ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:05

Socrates1
Hairball
Socrates1
Hairball
Keith is sitting down now for parts of the show?!!! confused smileysad smiley

Man, I hope he can keep up with the pace and keeps up the spirit...GO KEITH GO!!!

When did he sit down? He's not sitting down on MR or PIB.

It had been mentioned in this thread by a couple of people who were at the show.

stonerolling
A couple of times he was sat by Charlie's kit playing his guitar.... never seen that before... made me wonder if the weight of those Les Paul's is taking its toll....

GJB
One final point - I think Keith was sitting down playing on midnight rambler

During which songs, do you know? I'm just trying to catch up on the youtube.
Pretty sure it was rambler... might be wrong... sat next to Charlie's hi-hat... it happened twice, initially I thought he was either ill or tired, but seemed to pick up.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:13

That "Rocks Off" from Barcelona is quite good; during the middle8 slowdown part, Keith does a great job at building the tension by pulling on that E-string and getting the sustain neccessary to create that atmospheric musical drama; master work, Keith.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:19

stone4ever
StonedRambler
[youtu.be]

He sings that just straight from his heart. We all know that this thing called The Rolling Stones is coming to an end slowly and for me this song is like Keiths way to say goodbye. We can only speculate about his condition, maybe the arthritis is getting worse, maybe he feels a little bit tired, maybe his relationship to Mick is bad at this point, we all don't know that for sure, but at some moments things seem like that. And to me it is like Keith it putting all that feelings into this one song because it sounds so hearttouching.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-28 15:20 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:41

StonedRambler
stone4ever
StonedRambler
[youtu.be]

He sings that just straight from his heart. We all know that this thing called The Rolling Stones is coming to an end slowly and for me this song is like Keiths way to say goodbye. We can only speculate about his condition, maybe the arthritis is getting worse, maybe he feels a little bit tired, maybe his relationship to Mick is bad at this point, we all don't know that for sure, but at some moments things seem like that. And to me it is like Keith it putting all that feelings into this one song because it sounds so hearttouching.

I am not keen on the song choice :-/. No crying in the dungeon/pit.
And 'Amnesia' was the only song I refused on 'Crosseyed Heart'
I'd rather hear 'Thru and Thru'

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 28, 2017 15:41

All I read on these threads are speculative assumptions about Keith this and Keith that, whereas all I've seen from close up in the pit is a man enjoying the hell out of each show, warts 'n' all.

Date: September 28, 2017 15:42

StonedRambler
stone4ever
StonedRambler
[youtu.be]

thumbs up

It was excellent.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 28, 2017 16:25

Slipping away gets more n more beautiful and intense.it was one of the highlights for me in Lucca.nearly had to cry.i think it is indeed Keef maybe saying goodbye.
Hope he will sing it in amsterdam.i will be in the pit n crying my heart out. Sorry for that in advance.
Jeroen

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 28, 2017 17:11

Keith sat down by Charlie's drum o Rio de Janeiro while playing back of my hand. If my memory does,'nt fail.
A little rest is ok

Date: September 28, 2017 17:28

StonedRambler
stone4ever
StonedRambler
[youtu.be]

thumbs up Exact same thoughts as me.sad smiley

Date: September 28, 2017 17:34

stone4ever
StonedRambler
stone4ever
StonedRambler
[youtu.be]

thumbs up Exact same thoughts as me.sad smiley

And minehot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 28, 2017 19:15

GlimmerGirl24
I gave it the good old college try - but getting a connection and keeping it was difficult. sad smiley I hope someone else had better luck than me. Even with a mifi with 4G and two battery extenders- nothing was working.

Thank you for trying... we'll always Zurich, that was so much fun thanks to you and Selene smoking smiley

Date: September 28, 2017 19:26

Small section of Keith's ole ole standing ovation last night.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 28, 2017 19:37

where any fc barcelona players at the gig? messi likes rock music....

Date: September 28, 2017 19:43

stone4ever
Small section of Keith's ole ole standing ovation last night.

[www.youtube.com]
Thanks for this stone4ever.
Very touching to see Keef like this.what a man.
Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 28, 2017 20:10

Socrates1
I'd like it if they opened with SMU, and killed the Devil song altogether.

Agree. While SMU is not my favorite Stones tune by a long shot (studio or live), the show would blast off with a much bigger impact with it as opener vs. the plodding drum looped Sympathy.
Thought for sure they would fix that after the first one or two shows, but evidently that's the game plan for the rest of the tour. Lack of a traditional intro video might be the reason, and don't know why they don't have one of those (cutting costs?)...those videos were great and built up the tension and then BAM the Stones would hit the stage in an explosive rush that swept over the audience. That's all missing now and instead we have drum loops...woo...wooo...screwed up guitar solo, etc.,...it kind of fizzles out before it even starts.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2017 20:10

"Marlon on the road with daddy!" - [www.Instagram.com]

Date: September 28, 2017 20:22

Thank's Irix, that is a great pic of Keith and Marlon, good to see him on tour with his dad smiling smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 28, 2017 20:58

stone4ever
Socrates1
stone4ever
Has anyone got any footage evidence of Keith sitting down.
This would be upsetting if true, i hope someone is taking care of Keith, hope he has his wife and family with him.

That's what I mean, it just has an upsetting tone about it. I'm sure Keith is fine, he looks good. Probably when you're his age, one or two extra drinks could change the complexion of your playing quite substantially. Because why was Zurich so great?

Yes that's right Socrates, i think if Keith is having a few too many drinks before going on stage some nights to calm his nerves, we will see varying levels of performance from him.

At 74 i just think he is too old to get away with it, playing and health wise.

There were flashes of brilliance from him yesterday on a few song's , Slipping Away was so emotionally charged after his standing ovation from the crowd that it nearly brought me to tears, it was like he was really slipping away, his voice so fragile and heartfelt, yet full of powerful emotion at the same time. Nonetheless i felt like he had gone backwards in effort and performance when compared to the two previous show's.

Knowing Keith he might come out firing on all cylinders at the Amsterdam gig.
I certainly hope so.

Keith drinking before the show to calm his nerves? Really??

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 28, 2017 20:58

The resemblance between father and son is strong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-28 21:00 by Woz.

Date: September 28, 2017 21:01

Irix

"Marlon on the road with daddy!" - [www.Instagram.com]

Like Bert and Keith...

Date: September 28, 2017 21:05

powerage78
Rocks off, Mick reaction eye popping smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Wow, you can't blame Mick. But I can't stop laughing. They really should have post concert press conferences on this tour....>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: September 28, 2017 21:07

GJB
As we were looking at the stage Keith sat down on the right of charlies drum kit for a fair bit of midnight rambler... he got up again when they go to fast tempo to co-ordinate the change with ronnie and charlie...

Don't know if anyone can find a vid...

Its fine if he sits down for a bit I think though smiling smiley conserve the energy and concentrate on the playing I think

I watched the rambler video twice and unless it was edited I saw him standing/playing the whole song.

Date: September 28, 2017 21:14

Stones726
GJB
As we were looking at the stage Keith sat down on the right of charlies drum kit for a fair bit of midnight rambler... he got up again when they go to fast tempo to co-ordinate the change with ronnie and charlie...

Don't know if anyone can find a vid...

Its fine if he sits down for a bit I think though smiling smiley conserve the energy and concentrate on the playing I think

I watched the rambler video twice and unless it was edited I saw him standing/playing the whole song.

thumbs upsmiling smiley

Date: September 28, 2017 21:22

Maindefender
stone4ever
Socrates1
stone4ever
Has anyone got any footage evidence of Keith sitting down.
This would be upsetting if true, i hope someone is taking care of Keith, hope he has his wife and family with him.

That's what I mean, it just has an upsetting tone about it. I'm sure Keith is fine, he looks good. Probably when you're his age, one or two extra drinks could change the complexion of your playing quite substantially. Because why was Zurich so great?

Yes that's right Socrates, i think if Keith is having a few too many drinks before going on stage some nights to calm his nerves, we will see varying levels of performance from him.

At 74 i just think he is too old to get away with it, playing and health wise.

There were flashes of brilliance from him yesterday on a few song's , Slipping Away was so emotionally charged after his standing ovation from the crowd that it nearly brought me to tears, it was like he was really slipping away, his voice so fragile and heartfelt, yet full of powerful emotion at the same time. Nonetheless i felt like he had gone backwards in effort and performance when compared to the two previous show's.

Knowing Keith he might come out firing on all cylinders at the Amsterdam gig.
I certainly hope so.

Keith drinking before the show to calm his nerves? Really??

What do you mean 'REALLY' ?

Of course a 74 year old man with arthritis will get nervous before facing 60 thousand people ?

Or ''Its Keith'', he don't get nerves ?

Or do you mean, hey its Keith !! of course he has had a few drinks ?

Or do you mean something else.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: September 28, 2017 21:39

The show was great, and in my opinion Keith did a very good show, Start me Up, Midnight Rambler, Street fighting Man, Rocks off and specially Slipping away was very touching.

Dispite some minor mistakes the band had a lot of fun.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 28, 2017 22:05

I thought I saw Keith sit down... I have looked through the vid of midnight rambler and now I am unsure again...

[www.youtube.com]

I think IF he sits down it is around 9 mins 24 seconds for maybe about 30 seconds.. if you look on big screen the way his guitar is it looks like it might be at that angle because hes sat down? But maybe hes just crouched over?

Not that it matters - he played great - slipping away like everyone says was so passionate maybe the ovation he got before he played it might have helped(!)

Overall, it seems like they are getting better and better as the tour goes on smiling smiley

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: September 28, 2017 22:08

Oh so he only sat down for 30 seconds!? You guys..I'm trying to get back to work here and not worry about Keith Richards.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 15 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home