Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22
Re: Lucca Italy 23-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 24, 2017 09:15

Stonesfan2146
Back at the hotel.
Was a great show, a few mistakes but thats ok.

Got lucky Dip No Filter pit 3 Out of 3 times now and heading home soon. The organization for the pit was bad as we all got stuck on ronnies side and then everything got closed.
There were a few upset people.

I like how they play gimme shelter and Miss you on this tour. Brown sogar, Happy and TD are great in up beat tempo. And they stay at 20 Songs.

Great evening!

That's what it looked like on the pic, how did they fill up Keith's side? The section behind (gold?) was completely empty too.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: September 24, 2017 09:16

stone4ever
34 minutes of footage with some great Ronnie solos included. Good sound

[www.youtube.com]

That's Remo Santini's Facebook feed.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 24, 2017 09:28

Old lions roar again!
[youtu.be]

thumbs up

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 09:39

gotdablouse
Stonesfan2146
Back at the hotel.
Was a great show, a few mistakes but thats ok.

Got lucky Dip No Filter pit 3 Out of 3 times now and heading home soon. The organization for the pit was bad as we all got stuck on ronnies side and then everything got closed.
There were a few upset people.

I like how they play gimme shelter and Miss you on this tour. Brown sogar, Happy and TD are great in up beat tempo. And they stay at 20 Songs.

Great evening!

That's what it looked like on the pic, how did they fill up Keith's side? The section behind (gold?) was completely empty too.

That's what I would like to know too. And also:
1) Was it possible to switch sides during the concert, or at least before the concert?
2) Did they open the gates during the concert to let people from golden circle into PIT?
3) Was there enough room in the PIT to move around during concert?

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: September 24, 2017 09:41

Yes I can't believe that nobody is really talking about the organization or the promotors cheaping it or what but this as a whole imo has been the worst organization of any Stones tour especially the prices we are paying there's no bathrooms for people in the pit except Hamburg was ok but the rest you have to walk a mile up into the stadium and miss 3 to 5 songs and the walking has been insane i walked 15 miles in Hamburg my friends were at 10 miles from there phone gps and the concerts have been in cow fields man just throw a bunch of us in there anyway enough of my rant as far as the Stones i think they all have played pretty dam well considering the weather and all the bad organization from Promotorsbut they don't see that. I remember talking to bv in Mexico he thought that was a bad walk as i did too but this European tour takes the cake for walking and no emenities the best place so far was Zurich imo for the reguler Stones scene as a good concert and the set up and the Mech was easy to get to the Merch on this tour has been hard to get around imo because of weather i usually walk around the day before and buy my things but hav'nt really been able to because of the long walks to and from stadium or i should say cow fields lol! Just my 2 cents ! Everybody have a good rest of tour hope to see you Rocking!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 24, 2017 09:56

GlimmerGirl24
As Tears Go By was exquisite - worth all the trouble of getting to the concert site. Fortunately, the walk back to the shuttle pick up site was a bit shorter, they were letting us exit on the south side of the old town. Coming in, we had to walk to the east gate, walk to the middle of the old town to pick up our Lucky Dips and then to the southwest corner to exit out of the old town and finally east to the concert site on the Lucca Walls. The shuttle drop off pick up area was about a mile from the south walls. It was a lot of walking for someone with a torn up knee. smiling smiley

My traveling companions got lost and never made it to the shuttle pick up area. I took the shuttle back to a restaurant about two miles from our hotel. Our rental car was parked at the restaurant and I did not have the key. The shuttle driver was really sweet to drop me off at my hotel. My companions ended up taking a cab to where the car was parked, about seven miles from the concert site.

Someone asked where I was located. Far Keith side, just in front of the stage, about fifty feet from the end of the stage. Not the greatest for sound, but I did have speakers pointing my way. My knee gave out while one of my friends spent 40 minutes in the merchandise line. I was in agony and then we walked the entire length of the concert field through a crush of people to get to entrance A, which was behind the stage area. By the time I made it in to the concert site, there was no way I was going to stand for any length of time. I had a beach towel along, I placed it next to the fence, sat down and had a great view of the far right iPhone screen.

My mifi signal kept bouncing between two and four bars. I just couldn't get a consistent strong signal in the area where I was and my knee didn't want to search out another spot, nor did I - the field was packed. My little area had people sitting or standing against the fence, an aisle with people moving in and out to concessions and then firemen and police who were watching the concert and between them and the stage, lots of packed together people. I don't enjoy a concert when I'm packed against people.

Hopefully the signal is better in Barcelona.

I am very happy to hear you got a ride when you needed it, a car with no keys is a bummer, but I am sad to hear about your knee. Sounds like you guys are walking all over Europe on this trip... Time for a nice hot Jacuzzi and/or maybe a professional massage at a spa... treat your self, you deserve it. You don't have to get the whole sha-bang expensive spa massage treatment, maybe just have them do some work on your legs/knee/foots smiling smiley.

I am being totally serious, thinking of offering ideas. I know when I am on trips like that I will not hesitate to get 1-2 spa massages (pro ethical massages, not sexual) and I have even been known to visit to a chiropractor if/when I went too nuts on vacation and threw out my back.

Or maybe try some Dr scholl's gel inserts things for your shoes, if you can find them. They really do some good for sore feets. Or maybe find a heat wrap thing for your knee.

I am wishing you all the best on your tour of Europe!

The second half of the show today your signal worked with no drops, it was kind of clunky, but it didn't drop like it was in the first half. You gave the world the whole second part of this show solid. Thank you very much! You are a hero! I know with 100% confidence if you are there and the scope is not working there is an issue with the local system. You have my respect, you know what you are doing.

I know nothing about how towers or service works for these things, or why the the FB feeds got cut off 100%, out of the blue, about 1/2 way through, then I wonder if maybe that freed up some service... idk

or maybe EVERYONE was broadcasting at the start with not enough service to go around and later when 3/4 of the peoples phones ran out of battery there was less competition during the second half. I dont know... just tossing ideas.

It didn't look good during the first half, very very clunky with all feeds.... we were scope jumping and scrambling for anything...

But I was OK, I was still smiling thinking how lucky we were in Zurich when between you and Selene we had a solid show start to finish and if I could (and did) get that then that is way ahead of the game, one of he lucky guys on the planet and very grateful.

I bet there are some Stones fan out there who will not even hear that scopes and feeds from live shows is possibility and they are missing out.

I am grateful to have learned about scopes/feeds becasue way too often it is only later I find out this kind of cool stuff (DAMN IT!) so for me to know and be able to see/hear them and have someone as awesome as you GlimmerGirl, being so smart and scoping so well, and battery packs for your phones and mifis and all the rest you know and do so well.... done as well as it can be done... I am truly grateful! Thank you! Your time, money, efforts and aches, pains and sore feet/knees are not wasted!

smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-24 10:02 by Leonioid.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:26

really think sara saved the day on shelter; i really think those setlist whiners are right; the songs from blue and lonesome were so good; everyone was fresh and on them tho they are waaay old classics and very simple; they were artfully perforemed with exuberance and feel and a lot of those standards were not imo. i can understand monitor probs; and i don't care if one of them hits wrong chords or notes; tonight is KEITHS REVENGE. cause theres no way mick can roll his eyes at the guitar if it takes him three songs to sing one verse on key and you'd have to edit THAT....ha keith will NOT be able to resist this; and there WILL be a fight tongith and i hope that ticketholders don't get a cancellation; keith is NOT gonna be able to be contained maybe if jane and a loto f assitants just grab him and walk him away...i dunno...

he's all gonna be' 'i been covering your skinny ass since 1960 and 'm STILL covering it; you sure you want me to play the "right fkn chords' caruso? thats a very cute touch shaking your butt while playing DIALING FOR NOTE...sure i'm the problem ITS ALWAYS I'M THE PROBLEM RIGTH PAVORATTI????

whoa; next gig still confirmed?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:33

I think I would have been REALLY pissed off if I had bought Prato B. Prato A is way bigger than it was on the ticketone.it layout, and still it wasn't completely filled up

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:54

I dont know what happenend after they closed ronnies side of the pit as there was no way to walk between the sides after it got closed.
Maybe they let people from prato a in but thats speculation.
Everyone that tried to get to the other side came back with an angry face.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: September 24, 2017 10:58

No "official" setlist picture so far?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 24, 2017 11:03

maradona

No "official" setlist picture so far?

Because nothing was officially published yet ....

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 24, 2017 12:10

We had a total blast, beautiful city! Only entered the concert area around 8, because of course, our Italian friends wanted to stay outside for drink forever. We were so far back in the field, the whole area was below the height of the lawn in front - no chance to see anything. Finally, after the opening act, they briefly opened some barriers and we managed to get a place with great view and sound. The concert hat many, many good parts - mainly Ronnie for me, who came up with really new cool parts of YCAGWYW for example. Some of the warhorses worked much better than previously, sped up a bit and with very focused riffing grinning smiley Overall, they could shorten some songs and maybe play 1-2 more instead - some of the songs lose focus towards the end. Slipping Away was beautiful but so so slow and long for example.

Very good organisation compared to Austria btw winking smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 24, 2017 12:23

On a side note, all Italians confirmed they had no idea what Mick was singing during As Tears Go By winking smiley Still a highlight for me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-24 12:24 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: September 24, 2017 12:38

RipThisBone
waterrats
Phil Good
Cristiano Radtke

Looks like Ronnie got a new Gibson Firebird. Never saw him with a black FB.
But probably the pic is just fooling my eyes as the space between the pickups
looks like the well known sunburst.

At first glance, I, too, thought hey, that's a new one here!
But you're right - it's the (beautiful) sunburst firebird

thumbs up Brian Jones's guitar (Rolling Stones collection). Fantastic!

Are you really sure that this was Brian's guitar.
Ronnie already played a sunburst Firebird whith the Faces. So ...?

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: September 24, 2017 13:21

Phil Good
RipThisBone
waterrats
Phil Good
Cristiano Radtke

Looks like Ronnie got a new Gibson Firebird. Never saw him with a black FB.
But probably the pic is just fooling my eyes as the space between the pickups
looks like the well known sunburst.

At first glance, I, too, thought hey, that's a new one here!
But you're right - it's the (beautiful) sunburst firebird

thumbs up Brian Jones's guitar (Rolling Stones collection). Fantastic!

Are you really sure that this was Brian's guitar.
Ronnie already played a sunburst Firebird whith the Faces. So ...?

It's not Brian's guitar.
Brian's non reverse Firebird VIII had 3 pickups.
Ronnie has had this one (2 pickups) for years.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-24 13:23 by mikehat.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 24, 2017 13:37

drwatts
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]
Sir Charles!

Am I the only one who thinks Charlie is beginning to look like 'Parker'?

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 24, 2017 14:04

Leonioid
GlimmerGirl24
As Tears Go By was exquisite - worth all the trouble of getting to the concert site. Fortunately, the walk back to the shuttle pick up site was a bit shorter, they were letting us exit on the south side of the old town. Coming in, we had to walk to the east gate, walk to the middle of the old town to pick up our Lucky Dips and then to the southwest corner to exit out of the old town and finally east to the concert site on the Lucca Walls. The shuttle drop off pick up area was about a mile from the south walls. It was a lot of walking for someone with a torn up knee. smiling smiley

My traveling companions got lost and never made it to the shuttle pick up area. I took the shuttle back to a restaurant about two miles from our hotel. Our rental car was parked at the restaurant and I did not have the key. The shuttle driver was really sweet to drop me off at my hotel. My companions ended up taking a cab to where the car was parked, about seven miles from the concert site.

Someone asked where I was located. Far Keith side, just in front of the stage, about fifty feet from the end of the stage. Not the greatest for sound, but I did have speakers pointing my way. My knee gave out while one of my friends spent 40 minutes in the merchandise line. I was in agony and then we walked the entire length of the concert field through a crush of people to get to entrance A, which was behind the stage area. By the time I made it in to the concert site, there was no way I was going to stand for any length of time. I had a beach towel along, I placed it next to the fence, sat down and had a great view of the far right iPhone screen.

My mifi signal kept bouncing between two and four bars. I just couldn't get a consistent strong signal in the area where I was and my knee didn't want to search out another spot, nor did I - the field was packed. My little area had people sitting or standing against the fence, an aisle with people moving in and out to concessions and then firemen and police who were watching the concert and between them and the stage, lots of packed together people. I don't enjoy a concert when I'm packed against people.

Hopefully the signal is better in Barcelona.

I am very happy to hear you got a ride when you needed it, a car with no keys is a bummer, but I am sad to hear about your knee. Sounds like you guys are walking all over Europe on this trip... Time for a nice hot Jacuzzi and/or maybe a professional massage at a spa... treat your self, you deserve it. You don't have to get the whole sha-bang expensive spa massage treatment, maybe just have them do some work on your legs/knee/foots smiling smiley.

I am being totally serious, thinking of offering ideas. I know when I am on trips like that I will not hesitate to get 1-2 spa massages (pro ethical massages, not sexual) and I have even been known to visit to a chiropractor if/when I went too nuts on vacation and threw out my back.

Or maybe try some Dr scholl's gel inserts things for your shoes, if you can find them. They really do some good for sore feets. Or maybe find a heat wrap thing for your knee.

I am wishing you all the best on your tour of Europe!

The second half of the show today your signal worked with no drops, it was kind of clunky, but it didn't drop like it was in the first half. You gave the world the whole second part of this show solid. Thank you very much! You are a hero! I know with 100% confidence if you are there and the scope is not working there is an issue with the local system. You have my respect, you know what you are doing.

I know nothing about how towers or service works for these things, or why the the FB feeds got cut off 100%, out of the blue, about 1/2 way through, then I wonder if maybe that freed up some service... idk

or maybe EVERYONE was broadcasting at the start with not enough service to go around and later when 3/4 of the peoples phones ran out of battery there was less competition during the second half. I dont know... just tossing ideas.

It didn't look good during the first half, very very clunky with all feeds.... we were scope jumping and scrambling for anything...

But I was OK, I was still smiling thinking how lucky we were in Zurich when between you and Selene we had a solid show start to finish and if I could (and did) get that then that is way ahead of the game, one of he lucky guys on the planet and very grateful.

I bet there are some Stones fan out there who will not even hear that scopes and feeds from live shows is possibility and they are missing out.

I am grateful to have learned about scopes/feeds becasue way too often it is only later I find out this kind of cool stuff (DAMN IT!) so for me to know and be able to see/hear them and have someone as awesome as you GlimmerGirl, being so smart and scoping so well, and battery packs for your phones and mifis and all the rest you know and do so well.... done as well as it can be done... I am truly grateful! Thank you! Your time, money, efforts and aches, pains and sore feet/knees are not wasted!

smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer smileys with beer

well said Leonoid, greets from New Zealand, you summed it up as if you were discussing me

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 24, 2017 14:21

StonedRambler
I think I would have been REALLY pissed off if I had bought Prato B. Prato A is way bigger than it was on the ticketone.it layout, and still it wasn't completely filled up

I agree, the prato A area was far from being filled. That was just ridiculous, they could easily have put more prato A tickets on sale or have moved the prato B barrier a little forward.

Date: September 24, 2017 14:32

Wild Slivovitz
StonedRambler

I agree, the prato A area was far from being filled. That was just ridiculous, they could easily have put more prato A tickets on sale or have moved the prato B barrier a little forward.
They fooled all the Prato B people because the layout looked completely different from how it ended up. On the Layout Prato A looks like a small golden circle, similar to the seated area at the German concerts. From the layout I would guess that Prato B is maybe 15 meters distance from the Pit. But I bet all the people who were queueing the whole day for Prato B ended up looking at the screens confused smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2017 14:41

gtx8834
any one have photo of the set list for tonight

This is the only one that showed up so far:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 24, 2017 15:01

Did Prato A fill up nearer to gig time ? The pictures of the gig suggest it did. I wonder if they let so many Prato B come forward ?

In the Hamburg there was no checks going into Silver pit (for us anyway ).

sc uk

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: September 24, 2017 15:02

potus43
mtaylor
Setlist

Sympathy For The Devil
It's Only Rock'n'Roll
Tumbling Dice
Just Your Fool
Ride 'Em On Down
Let's Spend The Night Together
Con Le Mie Lacrime (! As Tears Go By !)
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Paint It Black
Honky Tonk Women
band introductions only about $20.00 per song, that is one expensive juke box
Happy
Slipping Away
Midnight Rambler
Miss You
Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction
Encores
Gimme Shelter
Jumping Jack Flash
Down to 20 songs! They'll end up with 17=18

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 24, 2017 15:41

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 24, 2017 16:47

Here's the unofficial setlist photo.

Prato A had an embarrassing amount of room. I laid on my back stretched out along the viewing tent to watch Struts. Stayed there until showtime. I felt bad for the Prato B folks. They should have been moved forward, and I don't think any of them would have seen much of the stage because of the obstructions.

The day after:

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2017 18:23

StonedRambler
Wild Slivovitz
StonedRambler

They fooled all the Prato B people because the layout looked completely different from how it ended up. On the Layout Prato A looks like a small golden circle, similar to the seated area at the German concerts. From the layout I would guess that Prato B is maybe 15 meters distance from the Pit. But I bet all the people who were queueing the whole day for Prato B ended up looking at the screens confused smiley

Wow, this picture speaks volumes and that seating map could be considered false advertising ...but that huge empty gap between A and B (in the A section) surely must have filled up closer to show time?

What was also interesting to see was all of those people on the street by the line of trees. There was a previous pic here where during the show there were thousands in that area shoulder to shoulder and I would have sworn they were part of the official crowd, but it's since become evident they were all watching the show for free? If so, smart locals and hats off to them, but if you were just on the other side of the fence with a paid ticket you might have felt slightly cheated and/or silly.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 24, 2017 18:32

Mick was chewing that gum JJF, wasn't he?

Enjoy your Tuscan hills---

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 24, 2017 18:32

Hairball
What was also interesting to see was all of those people on the street by the line of trees. There was a previous pic here where during the show there were thousands in that area shoulder to shoulder and I would have sworn they were part of the official crowd, but it's since become evident they were all watching the show for free? If so, smart locals and hats off to them, but if you were just on the other side of the fence with a paid ticket you might have felt slightly cheated and/or silly.

I believe the "street" you are referring to is actually the lines of official seating along the side- Pedana A, B. Behind them is the brick wall. Along the grass on top of the wall are the skyboxes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-24 18:39 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: majomuc ()
Date: September 24, 2017 18:34

The people along the trees where inside with regular standing tickets. Been there yesterday.

Date: September 24, 2017 18:35

Hairball
Wow, this picture speaks volumes and that seating map could be considered false advertising ...but that huge empty gap between A and B (in the A section) surely must have filled up closer to show time?

No the empty gap was still there during the show:

The people at the right behind the fence turned out to be Prato B people

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: September 24, 2017 18:49

As far as the setlist concers, we can say that number six and seven of the setlist are the most interesting songs of the shows. Apart from the steady and solid play and the enegery they still have.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 18 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home