Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keithism's
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 22, 2017 20:58

Five strings, three fingers, and one @#$%&.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 22, 2017 21:47

"Rabmea desin the suy banth edistst hahaaaHAHAHAHAA"

Love that Keef laugh, even if I have no idea what he says sometimes

...and sometimes no words needed... [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 22, 2017 22:03

Leonioid
"Rabmea desin the suy banth edistst hahaaaHAHAHAHAA"

Love that Keef laugh, even if I have no idea what he says sometimes

...and sometimes no words needed... [www.youtube.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: September 22, 2017 22:35

trust a pro

Date: September 22, 2017 22:40

dadrob
trust a pro

The coke-fueled MTV-advert? grinning smiley

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: September 22, 2017 22:42

''Come and see us... We could die on stage''

Posted by: django ()
Date: September 22, 2017 22:54

I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: September 22, 2017 22:56

"Gold rings on you".

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 23, 2017 00:06

"At first, you know, I was gonna kill him."

KR on BW's departure.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 23, 2017 00:07

"You've got to want to do it 100%.
If you're not at all sure then, you know, you're better off backing out."
KR

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 23, 2017 00:13

DandelionPowderman
Leonioid

smileys with beer
smileys with beer

Its only Rock and Roll but I like it!

Better walk before they make me ruuuuuun!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2017 01:08

hopkins
"At first, you know, I was gonna kill him."

KR on BW's departure.

From 1986 on Mick:

"...if he was to say he don't want to go out with the Stones and goes out with Schmuck and Ball's band instead?... I'll slit his f*ckin' throat".

From 1988...a bad year:

"To me, one of the best things you can get out of life is to have friends. If you can count more friends than you've got fingers,
then you're really lucky. Luckily, I can start on my toes. And I don't know if Mick can. I don't know if Mick can fill a hand".

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 23, 2017 01:38

Keith can certainly dish it out....but can he take it?
He was a bit miffed when Elton John called him an 'arthritic monkey'.

Date: September 23, 2017 01:55

jlowe

I don't think he had a reaction to that...here's the back story from 1997:

Keith on Elton: “An old bitch… his writing is limited to songs about dead blondes.”

Elton’s response: “I’m glad I’ve given up drugs and alcohol. It would be awful to be like Keith Richards. He’s pathetic.
It’s like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go on stage and look young. I have great respect for the Stones but they would have been better if they had thrown Keith out 15 years ago.”

They later were seen together at the 2015 GQ awards all smiles.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 23, 2017 02:14

Hairball
jlowe

Keith on Elton: “An old bitch… his writing is limited to songs about dead blondes.”

Elton’s response: “I’m glad I’ve given up drugs and alcohol. It would be awful to be like Keith Richards. He’s pathetic.
It’s like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go on stage and look young. I have great respect for the Stones but they would have been better if they had thrown Keith out 15 years ago.”

I think Keith just says shit, usually in the service of generating some ink and moving some product. He famously slagged off David Bowie, for example ("too much posing"), and then, when David died, Keith issued a seemingly heartfelt statement about what a 'good friend' he'd been. Who knows what these guys really think of each other. They could all be laughing together behind the scenes, seeing who can get the biggest bump in album sales by the latest catty remark.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 23, 2017 02:15

Re the photo above:
We all know Elt 'wears' a hairpeace, but Keith's hair looks very dense as well. (2015).

Posted by: Chester ()
Date: September 23, 2017 02:30

"What would Mick do?''

Keith, when asked why he doesn't sing more songs, still his best quote ever, maybe the best rock quote ever.

Date: September 23, 2017 04:23

LongBeachArena72
Hairball
jlowe

I think Keith just says shit, usually in the service of generating some ink and moving some product. He famously slagged off David Bowie, for example ("too much posing"), and then, when David died, Keith issued a seemingly heartfelt statement about what a 'good friend' he'd been. Who knows what these guys really think of each other. They could all be laughing together behind the scenes, seeing who can get the biggest bump in album sales by the latest catty remark.

I've mentioned the same regarding what Keith says about Mick ...calling his album "dogshit in the doorway"...saying he has a "tiny todger"...and the latest "being prolific don't mean shit", etc., etc., etc. - they might actually be in cahoots with each other laughing as they come up with these barbs. And it could be that Mick comes up with some of them all alone (lol) for Keith to say as Mick seems to be the smarter and most business oriented! Whatever the case, it does provide some controversy and fuel the flames - especially on message boards such as this! Surprised Keith hasn't commented on Gotta Getta Grip - he might have called it "Gotta Take a Sh*t"...and Mick's single might have done better in the charts!

Keith has also bashed John Bonham (and Zeppelin), Prince, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Sgt. Peppers, Rap to name just a few. He can come across as a bitter old fart sometimes, but it's almost comedic ala Don Rickels.
When I read some of that stuff from Keith, I hear the voice and picture Sam Kinison...screaming, face turning red, and veins popping out of his forehead - makes it sound even crazier! eye popping smileysmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-23 04:24 by Hairball.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 23, 2017 04:24

"I'll have the soup."

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 23, 2017 06:15

Hairball wrote: "Keith has also bashed John Bonham (and Zeppelin), Prince, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Sgt. Peppers, Rap to name just a few".

Among others, Keith has also bashed Nirvana. Maybe he prefers Pearl Jam...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 23, 2017 06:17

Hairball
I've mentioned the same regarding what Keith says about Mick ...calling his album "dogshit in the doorway"...saying he has a "tiny todger"...and the latest "being prolific don't mean shit", etc., etc., etc. - they might actually be in cahoots with each other laughing as they come up with these barbs. And it could be that Mick comes up with some of them all alone (lol) for Keith to say as Mick seems to be the smarter and most business oriented! Whatever the case, it does provide some controversy and fuel the flames - especially on message boards such as this! Surprised Keith hasn't commented on Gotta Getta Grip - he might have called it "Gotta Take a Sh*t"...and Mick's single might have done better in the charts!

Keith has also bashed John Bonham (and Zeppelin), Prince, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Sgt. Peppers, Rap to name just a few. He can come across as a bitter old fart sometimes, but it's almost comedic ala Don Rickels.
When I read some of that stuff from Keith, I hear the voice and picture Sam Kinison...screaming, face turning red, and veins popping out of his forehead - makes it sound even crazier! eye popping smileysmiling smiley

I make a distinction between his criticisms of everybody else and the stuff he says about Mick. I don't know why, exactly. But to me that stuff sounds very personal, as if it comes from a place of anger, hurt, resentment, whatever. I think if the banter was more bi-directional, then the theory that they're just having one off at the expense of the public in order to drum up interest would hold more weight. But the catty comments seem one-sided to me; that doesn't seem like a method two old friends would work out for publicity.

Keith seems like a pretty sedentary, book-loving, Connecticut-estate-lemon-tree-gardening proper gentlemen. Sure, there's a bit of the old mannish 'get offa my lawn ya damn kids' when he carps about other types of music and other bands, etc., but it also seems like he could be having a pretty good laugh up his sleeve at most of those remarks.

But his childhood buddy? The guy he wrote songs with, travelled the world and became famous with? The partner who helped make him rich beyond his wildest imaginings? That guy--I think--brings out some real nastiness in Keef. Obviously I don't know these dudes and it's totally unfair for me to sit in judgement about someone else's doings. Maybe Mick is cruel and nasty to Keith behind the scenes but then puts on a more diplomatic front to the public. If that's the case, then if I were Keith I'd get pissed off, too.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 23, 2017 06:24

"Believe me if I started killing people, there'd be none of you left"

Oh wait,that's Charles Manson.

Never mind.

Date: September 23, 2017 06:47

LongBeachArena72
Hairball

I make a distinction between his criticisms of everybody else and the stuff he says about Mick. I don't know why, exactly. But to me that stuff sounds very personal, as if it comes from a place of anger, hurt, resentment, whatever. I think if the banter was more bi-directional, then the theory that they're just having one off at the expense of the public in order to drum up interest would hold more weight. But the catty comments seem one-sided to me; that doesn't seem like a method two old friends would work out for publicity.

Keith seems like a pretty sedentary, book-loving, Connecticut-estate-lemon-tree-gardening proper gentlemen. Sure, there's a bit of the old mannish 'get offa my lawn ya damn kids' when he carps about other types of music and other bands, etc., but it also seems like he could be having a pretty good laugh up his sleeve at most of those remarks.

But his childhood buddy? The guy he wrote songs with, travelled the world and became famous with? The partner who helped make him rich beyond his wildest imaginings? That guy--I think--brings out some real nastiness in Keef. Obviously I don't know these dudes and it's totally unfair for me to sit in judgement about someone else's doings. Maybe Mick is cruel and nasty to Keith behind the scenes but then puts on a more diplomatic front to the public. If that's the case, then if I were Keith I'd get pissed off, too.

You're probably right, and Mick usually takes the high road.

"I just ignored all that crap (we said about each other in the papers). I didn't see any point in rehashing it.
I thought we should just get on with it. You know, English people are like that. They carry on, stiff upper lip".
- Mick Jagger, 1989

Asked to respond to Keith trashing his solo work:
"Keith has his own personality and he likes to make his own noise. I think Keith feels it's mandatory to keep his image by doing that.
We have a pretty mature relationship. Otherwise we wouldn't be working almost every day together. We agree on just about everything.
- Mick Jagger, 2002

"Well, all long relationships have their ups and downs. The thing is not to exaggerate the down times too much.
We haven't really had any arguments lately. I could dig some up from the past, but that's a bit boring, really".
- Mick Jagger, 2008

"(Keith) did apologize, to my face (for comments in his book Life). So you have to put all that sort of stuff away. Water under the bridge, really. Hopefully, you know, we can carry on working".
-Mick Jagger, 2012

But then there's gossipy rags that feed off of the "turmoil".

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards can’t stand each other

The above is an/article about Rich Cohen's book The Sun & The Moon & The Rolling Stones.

On the amazon page for the book, it says:

"A panoramic narrative history that will give readers a new understanding of the Rolling Stones, viewed through the impassioned and opinionated lens of the Vanity Fair contributor—and co-creator of HBO’s Vinyl—who was along for the ride as a young reporter on the road with the band in the 1990s".

The Sun & The Moon & The Rolling Stones

Seems to have positive reviews, haven't read it, anyone know if it's a decent book? Or just a rehash of stuff? Or a bunch of nonsense?

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 23, 2017 07:38

Esquire May 2008 - "I stayed up five days without sleep, doing the mix of 'Before They Make Me Run." ..........It wasn't quite right, the engineer had been taken away at the end and I fell asleep under the control room desk."

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 23, 2017 11:00

Decided long time ago not to never share this one.
The two Norwegians are huge on TV here. One Smart, one jerk.
Was a bit too much but here we go...

TE
Oslo

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 23, 2017 11:54

The best "Keith-isms" are in James Phelge's book:

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: September 23, 2017 11:59

Question "What do you think when you are on stage"
Keith: "I don't think, I feel..."

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 23, 2017 22:57

"One love..."

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: September 24, 2017 01:14

Keef on Charlie.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 24, 2017 01:48

Let there be light....

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home