Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Zurich Switzerland 20-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: September 21, 2017 03:48

DrFixembones
My review:

Tonight was my 10th show overall and second show on this tour. My girlfriend and I flew from Miami to Austria last Friday. We went to the show in Spielberg on Saturday.

As for tonight, we got to the show at about 630 after speaking with some really nice people in the Crowne Plaza bar. Compared to Austria, getting into the show was extremely easy. Opening Band was the struts, who were pleasant.

We had general admission tickets and walked right up to the fence, as close as we could get to the pit. The stones came on at 8:30 with sympathy, all I can say is they freaking rocked. This is the best show I have ever seen. They were on fire, plain and simple. Everybody knows about Keith's mishaps in the Austrian show, and tonight he was superb. Song vote was like a Rolling Stone which they played amazing! , they played dancing with Mr. D, and they performed hate to see you go for the first time. Keith played happy and slipping away, and his voice was phenomenal ! I could not believe how amazing the band was. The crowd was amped up, Mick was running around, it was literally perfect. It goes to show, they still are the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band. I hope they never stop rolling! Long live the stones!

Amen to that! thumbs up

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: September 21, 2017 03:54

Thru and Thru
DrFixembones
My review:

Tonight was my 10th show overall and second show on this tour. My girlfriend and I flew from Miami to Austria last Friday. We went to the show in Spielberg on Saturday.

As for tonight, we got to the show at about 630 after speaking with some really nice people in the Crowne Plaza bar. Compared to Austria, getting into the show was extremely easy. Opening Band was the struts, who were pleasant.

We had general admission tickets and walked right up to the fence, as close as we could get to the pit. The stones came on at 8:30 with sympathy, all I can say is they freaking rocked. This is the best show I have ever seen. They were on fire, plain and simple. Everybody knows about Keith's mishaps in the Austrian show, and tonight he was superb. Song vote was like a Rolling Stone which they played amazing! , they played dancing with Mr. D, and they performed hate to see you go for the first time. Keith played happy and slipping away, and his voice was phenomenal ! I could not believe how amazing the band was. The crowd was amped up, Mick was running around, it was literally perfect. It goes to show, they still are the world's greatest rock 'n' roll band. I hope they never stop rolling! Long live the stones!

Amen to that! thumbs up

GOODSTUFF man hope they bring the show to CHINA

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 21, 2017 04:05

Woz
Powerful Keef intro to SFM! He hit those chords accurately and with authority.

I find it amusing how posters get criticized for listening too closely to every chord, etc., when they're making mistakes, but that it's okay to judge them when they "hit those chords accurately and with authority". smiling smiley

Glad they played well tonight and that everyone enjoyed them.

I wonder how a bootleg of this show might sound.

I mean, to enjoy a live Stones show it surely can't always be a case of "you had to be (drunk) there", can it? smoking smiley

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 21, 2017 04:11

thumbs up Great version !!

Cristiano Radtke
Like a Rolling Stone

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: September 21, 2017 04:12

They sounded really good tonight.

Keith and Charlie played great.

I'm wondering if there were technical problems with the prior show where the guys couldn't hear each other?

They rocked good with tremendous enthusiasm.

Keith AND Ronnie were new men!

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 04:18

Leonioid
I am very happy for Glimmergirl to be over there seeing this live, she deserves that

Thank you, Leonioid - I'm having a fantastic time. I love Europe with the Stones. smiling smiley

Date: September 21, 2017 04:27

Leonioid
Thank you Debbie, you well placed commentary is always appreciated smiling smiley

Talking about lots of tickets still available, and her lucky dips were not great...
so they bought real tickets... and got this close... Thank You Debbie

NO SOCKS?!!! grinning smiley

Our Lucky Dips were good - they were on the field. smiling smiley It was a very crowded field and we'd spent the day outside of Zurich at Schloss Laufen and the Rheinfalls. Neither of us wanted to deal with people jostling us, drunks falling on us, etc., so we stayed at the back of the field, with a delay tower in front of us. The sound was wonderful.

I was surprised at the number of people buying (not picking up) tickets at show time. And by all the people crowding the sidewalk outside and windows in nearby buildings to listen to the concert.

Date: September 21, 2017 04:35

Leonioid
Debbie paying 200 bucks to periscope this show...
THANK YOU DEBBIE!!! You make me very very happy

For all three - Zurich, Lucca and Barcelona. At least I hope it's $200 and I'm not hit for extra charges for the rental mifi.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 21, 2017 04:38

GlimmerGirl24
Leonioid
I am very happy for Glimmergirl to be over there seeing this live, she deserves that

Thank you, Leonioid - I'm having a fantastic time. I love Europe with the Stones. smiling smiley

Enjoy Europe and the concerts. And thank you very much for your scope tonight. smileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 21, 2017 04:42

Thank you, thank you for the great pics and reviews! It sounds like they all hit their stride tonight, glad for those of you who got to experience it in person.
I HAVE to have Mick's No Filter shirt! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:24

Cristiano Radtke
Hate to See You Go

The periscope one from Selene, the audio was much better than this clip.
This clip, however, Mick close up thru-out, frankly, I find him distracting.
I am taking the high ride (ha ha) and will say, he distracts me.

Date: September 21, 2017 05:24

Cristiano Radtke
Awesome pic taken with a cellphone:

[www.instagram.com]

Killing. Me.

Date: September 21, 2017 05:26

GlimmerGirl24
Leonioid
Debbie paying 200 bucks to periscope this show...
THANK YOU DEBBIE!!! You make me very very happy

For all three - Zurich, Lucca and Barcelona. At least I hope it's $200 and I'm not hit for extra charges for the rental mifi.

We will help and pitch in. xxoo

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:27

GlimmerGirl24
Leonioid
Thank you Debbie, you well placed commentary is always appreciated smiling smiley

Talking about lots of tickets still available, and her lucky dips were not great...
so they bought real tickets... and got this close... Thank You Debbie

NO SOCKS?!!! grinning smiley

Our Lucky Dips were good - they were on the field. smiling smiley It was a very crowded field and we'd spent the day outside of Zurich at Schloss Laufen and the Rheinfalls. Neither of us wanted to deal with people jostling us, drunks falling on us, etc., so we stayed at the back of the field, with a delay tower in front of us. The sound was wonderful.

I was surprised at the number of people buying (not picking up) tickets at show time. And by all the people crowding the sidewalk outside and windows in nearby buildings to listen to the concert.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. I am happy you are having a good time over there and I am 100% with on hanging where the pushing and shoving is less.

The sound was wonderful, it came through so great! We got the entire show, it was one of your best periscopes ever!

When you get back, figure out a good way to compensate you for your expenses, I would be more than happy to contribute. I am glad to hear it is $200 over 3 shows... but still not cheap, but you are making it so awesome for us who can not be there.

It sounds like you were wise to start off in Zurich versus the previous show and the infrastructure issues at that venue, but I know you are smart, I keep reading your words on how you are do these persicopes and how you have the extra battery pack know how you know how to set it all up and do proper testing and when it was too slow you then went back and got all the right stuff. I amazed.

I do not fully grasp all of it or exactly how what you do it all... but I know when I have your rock solid persicope flowing at a Stones show I am very very happy. It was delightful today. I am still post show buzzing, it felt so good! And I am optimistically looking forward the other shows you will be at.

But I know talk is cheap, and all the thanks in the world dont buy drinks or pay for bandwidth, so please let me/us know how/where we can send some donations to help defray your expenses.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:37

Cristiano Radtke
Awesome pic taken with a cellphone:

[www.instagram.com]

Very fun shot! Thanks for linking

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:45

Amazing shot...

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:46

Cristiano Radtke
Dancing With Mr. D

I always have loved Goats Head Soup, and the swampy Rock n Roll of DWMD......... This version sounds damn good to me.Love Daryls fills.......

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2017 05:49

Just realized somethings been missing in this thread... wondering about poor HankM, where he's at, and whatever happened to him.
Having virtually experienced the first few subpar shows via periscope and participating in these fun show threads with us,
he's missing all the fun and positive energy now with the great performance in Zurich!!! The Stones are back but where's HANK?
Maybe his over enthusiasm and fanaticism got the best of him and he needed a break...maybe he'll be back for the Lucca show...

Date: September 21, 2017 05:50

strat72
Cristiano Radtke
Dancing With Mr. D

I always have loved Goats Head Soup, and the swampy Rock n Roll of DWMD......... This version sounds damn good to me.Love Daryls fills.......

Ditto! thumbs up

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: September 21, 2017 06:15

Best show Ive viewed and heard up to this point in the tour. SFM was great and the best version Ive seen since KC 2015. Just blows me away how these men are so spirited although a little slower for sure yet still spirited at this point in their lives much less their profession.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 21, 2017 06:29

Thanks to all for the pics and videos!

@Hairball - wonder no more. Same stuff, different wrapper is all over this thread.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: September 21, 2017 08:11

Thanks to those that answered my piano player question. Tim Ries makes sense because of the hat. Hadn't noticed him playing piano before.

Up at 4.30 for a flight home. Not very rock and roll.

Syrel

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 21, 2017 09:10

751st
Best show Ive viewed and heard up to this point in the tour. SFM was great and the best version Ive seen since KC 2015. Just blows me away how these men are so spirited although a little slower for sure yet still spirited at this point in their lives much less their profession.

Well said cool smiley cool smiley cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 21, 2017 10:30

schwonek
SMU - with authority again!

I don't know...that very first note/chord sounded off - "wobbly"..

Rod

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: September 21, 2017 10:40

I think its safe to say we can judge the Stones from mobile footage, because after watching JJF and SFM from last night i am convinced they sounded @#$%& awesome. smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 21, 2017 10:44

bye bye johnny
Thanks to all for the pics and videos!

YES

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 21, 2017 11:05

35love
Cristiano Radtke
Hate to See You Go

The periscope one from Selene, the audio was much better than this clip.
This clip, however, Mick close up thru-out, frankly, I find him distracting.
I am taking the high ride (ha ha) and will say, he distracts me.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 21, 2017 11:33

The Rolling Stones
Stadion Letzigrund
Zurich, Switzerland
Wednesday Sept. 20, 2017

Reports and pictures

[iorr.org]

I have got some 70 pictures from Hauke, Roderick, Hendrik and my own collection, will sort them out and post them while working on the train ride from Zurich to Firenze this afternoon.

The show? Best show by far so far on the tour. It was the perfect show, I could not ask for more.

Bjornulf

Date: September 21, 2017 11:45

Hairball
Just realized somethings been missing in this thread... wondering about poor HankM, where he's at, and whatever happened to him.
Having virtually experienced the first few subpar shows via periscope and participating in these fun show threads with us,
he's missing all the fun and positive energy now with the great performance in Zurich!!! The Stones are back but where's HANK?
Maybe his over enthusiasm and fanaticism got the best of him and he needed a break...maybe he'll be back for the Lucca show...

Sometimes he just want to enjoy the shows, I guess. I can understand and relate to that. Loved yesterday's show thumbs up

Date: September 21, 2017 12:06

DandelionPowderman
Hairball

Sometimes he just want to enjoy the shows, I guess. I can understand and relate to that. Loved yesterday's show thumbs up

Indeed it was a fun show, but my point was where was Hank? He's usually all over these show threads loud and clear, and he adds quite a bit of enthusiasm.
If there was ever a recent show to enjoy this was it, but somehow he was MIA. Maybe he was sick? Looking forward to his return if and when he comes back.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home