Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

German band "Die Ärzte" with a highspeeded "Sympathy"-solo in 1986
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: September 19, 2017 08:57

Concerning all the complains about the Stones playing their material too slow, etc. pp.

This German funny punkrock pop band used a well-known solo for a remix in 1986 for Bela B. their singing drummer´s nummer "Ist das alles?"
The only guitar player Farin Urlaub does the solo.

[www.youtube.com]

Enjoy!

Re: German band "Die Ärzte" with a highspeeded "Sympathy"-solo in 1986
Date: September 19, 2017 09:06

The solo is at 3:02 min

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 19, 2017 09:11

Nice find!

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: September 19, 2017 09:18

Wow. I've listened to their songs a million times when I was a teenager. Never noticed that solo. Die Ärzte used to be a really great live band back in the 90's. But I don't like what the have done lately.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 19, 2017 10:05

Nice tribute!!

But what's so 'punkrock' about it/ them?

Date: September 19, 2017 10:28

RoughJusticeOnYa
Nice tribute!!

Yeah, good question: they never called themselves "punkrockers", for lots of people from that scene they were "too funny", but they always did intelligent and clever songs, combining 50s rnr, punkrock, spaghetti country and so on .

And second: this is a "Remix-Album", they released this in 1986, and it was also kinda a parody of the recent pop radio like phil collins, stock aitken waterman or madonna.

Right now I was thinking about translate this song for you, but it will not work because of their special kinda humour. I´m sorry...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 19, 2017 13:09

RawIguanaCologne
RoughJusticeOnYa
Nice tribute!!

Yeah, good question: they never called themselves "punkrockers", for lots of people from that scene they were "too funny", but they always did intelligent and clever songs, combining 50s rnr, punkrock, spaghetti country and so on .

And second: this is a "Remix-Album", they released this in 1986, and it was also kinda a parody of the recent pop radio like phil collins, stock aitken waterman or madonna.

Right now I was thinking about translate this song for you, but it will not work because of their special kinda humour. I´m sorry...

Hela! You're underestimating me here!! smoking smiley
(but you're probably right as well. grinning smiley )

Date: September 19, 2017 14:30

RoughJusticeOnYa
RawIguanaCologne
RoughJusticeOnYa
Nice tribute!!

Hela! You're underestimating me here!! smoking smiley
(but you're probably right as well. grinning smiley )

No no no, RoughJusticeOnYa, don´t get me wrong, I didn´t mean to underestimate you, but especially this band is famous for their unpredictable work with language.

I will try to explain anyway.
The guy, Bela B, talks about his childhood, getting beat up regulary by some hoodlims on his way to school. He´s so in fear, that he just picks the most dangerous guy and sacrifices himself to be beaten up - just to tell that bloke: Ist Das Alles (" This is IT???!?"

2nd verse is about having sex for the very 1st time, and in the end he asks her the same question smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home