Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: Spielberg Austria 16-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:23

Love Zgubi's Photos!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:24

Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
Happy
(from Patti Hansen's perspective)

[twitter.com]

She also shared this adorable photo as well. smiling smiley

[www.instagram.com]
Saw that..
Like to think they might have another pet named "Brown"...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:26

MisterDDDD
Cristiano Radtke
MisterDDDD
Happy
(from Patti Hansen's perspective)

[twitter.com]

She also shared this adorable photo as well. smiling smiley

[www.instagram.com]
Saw that..
Like to think they might have another pet named "Brown"...

thumbs up grinning smiley

Posted by: terry ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:27

Love the pic of the dog not looking very happy though, I expect
His seen the set list.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:30

Mick's leather jackets are KILLING me.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:30

What a beautiful team! Thanks to everybody! smileys with beer
Greetings from Argentina!

Date: September 17, 2017 02:34

Have a nice weekend, folks! smileys with beer

[twitter.com]

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:35

terry
Love the pic of the dog not looking very happy though, I expect
His seen the set list.

Just lost her pal. Needs quiet and recovery time. Hopefully a new friend after the travel. Beautiful face.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:44

Just got to my hotel after 1.5hrs drive from Spielberg. I haven't posted in years, so will be brief - it was a great gig, guys played tight, very good sound, interesting setlist changes but organization was an absolute trainwreck.More below if interested

We spent >2hrs in traffic jam after getting to Spielberg, being sent from one parking place to another without any info where are we going. At the end we made a full circle around Spielberg. I got Golden Circle but didn't managed to get in with my kids as there was no dedicated corridor/entrance so people were pushing each other like crazy and security + organizers refused to help and told me to f#& off... So we spent the gig in GA section, which would have been 600Eur cheaper as kids were for free there. Anyway, boys came on stage and saved the day for my family ;-)

P.S. Rainbow sounded very flat to me live, too few guitars, too much keyboards. I love the song but this version wasn't my favorite. Just my 2c...

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:51

Hairball
campxray
Keep in mind that although the song count is down that the Stones are still on stage the same amount of time as far as I can tell.

How can this be?
Are they slowing down the songs they play even more than they have been?
Or are they taking longer breaks in between songs?

You get longer breaks between songs and more stage banter for the same price, so all is good. Nothing to complain about.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 02:56

(edit)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 02:59 by Pie1.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 17, 2017 03:00

No time for a full review but the weather turned out fine.
Had an absolute BLAST on Ronnie's side of the Pit.
Got to see 'She's like a Rainbow' and 'Under My Thumb'!
Watched Keith get angry and yell "@#$%& OFF" in Mick's general direction.
Sat in traffic for two hours and the rental got stuck in the mud.
Back at the hotel so Thank you...Goodnight!
What an adventure and SO completely worth it!

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: September 17, 2017 03:04

Cristiano Radtke
Here' some wonderful photos taken by our own zgubi. Enjoy, folks! smiling smiley

[www.instagram.com]

The last picture with Keith with the jacket, is that the jacket from the A Bigger Bang press conference? Love it!

Date: September 17, 2017 03:18

bart-man
Winning Ugly VXII
campxray
Keep in mind that although the song count is down that the Stones are still on stage the same amount of time as far as I can tell.

That's ridiculous. They replaced 3 songs from opening night with only "She's a Rainbow". Otherwise,the songs are identical.

It must have been one long rendition of "She's a Rainbow" to match the combined time of "Dancing With Mr. D" / plus "Out of Control" / plus "Play with Fire".

As long as people keep saying:”it’s a great setlist” they wont change it a lot. These are the songs the major audience want to hear even though they keep playing the same songs for decades now.

So they want 2 songs fewer??

They don't want to have to sit through a 2 minutes and 50 seconds performance of a song ("Play With Fire") which appears on numerous hits compilations including 'Hot Rocks'?? They want it replaced by nothing so that they can leave 3 minutes earlier ?? Or add 10 seconds to every other song (which I doubt that they did) ??

If this is true,then there is the problem right there.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: September 17, 2017 03:19

Kurt

Keith/Mick. lmao.

Date: September 17, 2017 03:26

Irix
Winning Ugly VXII

It must have been one long rendition of "She's a Rainbow" to match the combined time of "Dancing With Mr. D" / plus "Out of Control" / plus "Play with Fire".

They started late (8:46pm) and played only 20 songs (instead of 22 in Hamburg) ....

That's my point. I doubt that they spent the same time playing the 20 songs today that they spent playing 22 songs last week. Especially when 19 of the 20 were the same.

That leaves either :
A) the one song performed tonight but not performed last week being very long in duration

OR .....

cool smiley a bunch of time added into the performances of the other 19 songs

OR .........

C) They didn't spend as much time performing songs today as they did in the concert last week.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 17, 2017 03:30

The stuff I've listened to on FB/YT so far sounded much better to me than Hamburg or Munich (with Munich sounding better to me than Hamburg). Hope there's a trend! smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2017 03:37

laertisflash
Hairball, it's a bit funny the fact that you translate for us (many thanks!) Press reviews, which are MUCH MORE positive than your opinion about the current gigs. It seems like you resist the bait of censorship... I appreciate that. I suppose you think that the huge majority of the Press reviewers need lessons from mister Dean Goodman, urgently? No?

(Just kidding, don’t take me wrong).

Lol you're welcome for the translation - a quick copy and past to google translate is all it takes, but to call that recent one a proper review is a bit of a stretch. As for my opinions about the current shows, they have been neutral for the most part, mainly focusing on the strengths and weakness's of individual's particular performances and the overall results. But in fact, I've been told by some that anybody who wasn''t at the show really don't have a a clue about any of it since we didn't experience it firsthand lol, so none of what I have expressed should really matter. If I was there in person, trust me you would have an honest review from my personal perspective - the good, the bad, and the ugly. As it is- and for what it's worth, I will express thoughts on performances based on the high quality videos that eventually appear on youtube - some of tonight's show are already posted!

But may I ask to anyone who was there (and is something I commented on earlier when watching live facebook feed), what in the hell might have happened at the ending of Happy? It seemingly ended, but then Keith strummed some chords for about 15 seconds allowing the song to fizzle and fade out in to oblivion rather than having a proper ending with a bang. Don't think I've heard it end that way before, perhaps he was lost in the zone alone and enjoying himself not realizing the rest of the band had ended the song? I love the song just as much as Keith (the studio version is in my top 5), but I realize it has to end at some point and can;t continue on forever!

I hope Dean Goodman was at the show - looking forward to his honest review of the show! thumbs up winking smiley

Date: September 17, 2017 03:50

Just posting another nice photo from tonight's concert before turning my attention to the Neil Young livestream that will start in some minutes. grinning smiley

[twitter.com]

Date: September 17, 2017 03:50

Kurt

eye popping smiley

Anybody know why Keith was angry?

Looks happy and/or focused in most pics I've seen.

Date: September 17, 2017 03:52

Cristiano Radtke
Just posting another nice photo from tonight's concert before turning my attention to the Neil Young livestream that will start in some minutes. grinning smiley

Ahh thanks for the reminder you're a lifesaver Cristiano!!!smiling bouncing smiley

smileys with beer

Date: September 17, 2017 04:51

Gimme Shelter [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 17, 2017 05:31

Fabulous Stones !!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 17, 2017 05:33

All is quiet on the Austrian and RS.com front. No reports in yet either.
What should we do, gossip/ speculate will Sir M. Jagger
have another Zurich tryst ala 2014? Tsk tsk tsk caught on the balcony
Elvis music que: are you lonesome tonight, la de da da

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 17, 2017 05:49

Just got home and I will definitely never ever attend a gig in Zeltweg again. From ankle-deep mud, not enough toilets, no possibility to pay with credit card to enormous waiting times coming to the gig and leaving (I waited for 2h in the car as nothing was moving on that rotten field) - just all really @#$%& up. Had GA tickets, went outside again and got a pair of seated tickets for 50€ instead of 300+€. So many cheap tickets and still it was completely filled up...

As for the Stones I'm split. On the one hand, there are a couple of guys aged around 75 still playing huge gigs and you have to admire them for that. On the other hand, the songs have slowed down painfully, Keith just can't play anymore. He's fine on the simple Open-G riffs, but everything else is just... He messed up every intro and his playing is so limited now, it needs some fantasy to e.g. recognise the Gimme Shelter riff. Ronnie is carrying the show, guitar-wise. We had a good time, but I just don't want to lie about the state of things.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 17, 2017 06:14

well the first thing would be to thank Christian or whoever it is in Austria on Christian that is doing such good hard work and bringing us this show so beautifully.she's a rainbow sounds good on my cell phone and I'm getting a good kick out of it.I really haven't heard more than 30 seconds of tonight's concert but he's laid out all the tunes so beautifully and easily accessible on YouTube. What a superfan thank you

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 06:35

campxray

Uhhh, wow. That rearrangement of the intro at the molecular level is positively ... Dylanesque. This song has always been one of my two favorite Stones studio recordings (along with "Let It Loose"); it's just peak Keith for me. And it has definitely had its ups and downs through the years as a live vehicle. But now? You go to do some serious imaginin' to figure out just what he's playin'!

Date: September 17, 2017 07:06

LongBeachArena72
campxray

Uhhh, wow. That rearrangement of the intro at the molecular level is positively ... Dylanesque. This song has always been one of my two favorite Stones studio recordings (along with "Let It Loose"); it's just peak Keith for me. And it has definitely had its ups and downs through the years as a live vehicle. But now? You go to do some serious imaginin' to figure out just what he's playin'!

Nicely put Longbeach.
The studio version of Gimme Shelter is my #1 favorite Stones song, but Keith's playing on these current live versions is akin to an abstract painting that might vaguely conjure up faint echoes of the original (if you really try your best to hear it)... they're truly out there as far as being recognizable. This is not a criticism as I thought it was an interesting reinterpretation. smiling smiley

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 07:07

Is there a video of "Under My Thumb" from Spielberg? The version from Hamburg last week is my favorite thing they've done in these first 3 concerts. Have not listened to everything but dug the groove a lot, even though it was a tad synth-y for my tastes. Still, it had a certain raison d'etre, a point of view, if you will, that for me justified its existence in the set.

Also, are there any decent Steven Spielberg/Spielberg Austria jokes to be made? Anybody?

Date: September 17, 2017 07:27

LongBeachArena72
Is there a video of "Under My Thumb" from Spielberg? The version from Hamburg last week is my favorite thing they've done in these first 3 concerts. Have not listened to everything but dug the groove a lot, even though it was a tad synth-y for my tastes. Still, it had a certain raison d'etre, a point of view, if you will, that for me justified its existence in the set.

Also, are there any decent Steven Spielberg/Spielberg Austria jokes to be made? Anybody?

I've been looking for Under My Thumb, but can't find a video of it yet. I really wanted to hear it too. I think it sounded kind of slow in Hamburg. I've been wondering how it sounded in Austria.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home