Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20
Re: Spielberg Austria 16-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:06

Gerda
Couldn´t figure out at first why Keith started yelling really loud in Micks direction when Keith himself got a completely wrong start with Brown Sugar - if it really was a technical problem, thanks for clarification.

Here : [youtu.be] ?

Wonder what happened indeed, the intro wasn't that bad ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:17

gotdablouse
Gerda
Couldn´t figure out at first why Keith started yelling really loud in Micks direction when Keith himself got a completely wrong start with Brown Sugar - if it really was a technical problem, thanks for clarification.

Here : [youtu.be] ?

most people won't notice what happened. Showed this to some none fans and they didn't understood what was wrong..

So it shows that only a few people will notice these things,

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:19

Well, Spielberg was an experience. My bus from Vienna got there quite early so had plenty of time to kill in the mud. Muddiest gig I've been to since Slane Castle. Not the best organised gig - took ages to get out, finally getting back to my hotel in Vienna at around 5 a.m. I enjoyed the gig more than Keith - something seriously wound him up. Right, on to Zurich next which is on a football pitch so hopefully won't have to bin another pair of trainers!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:26

Dandelion about UMT: "Was it better than in Hamburg? I'm not sure..."

I say yeah,yeah, yeah, woo...

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:26

Honestman
stonerolling
The audiences these days hardly bring any atmosphere or energy to the party. ...

True.
Just look at the people who are more into their phones than the show.confused smiley

It all depends where you are seeing them. I never experienced more excited crowds then I did in Mexico City and South America in general. Also, I am sure the poor weather conditions didn't help excite people....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 21:07 by Woz.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:44

Thank you Austria for allowing me to be a guest for 48 hours in what is YOUR Stonesland. It was great! I am now on an 8 hours travel back home via Vienna and will smile for days with the many great memories from Spielbrrg and Graz. Thank you Austria.

Bjornulf

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: September 17, 2017 19:47

Brown Sugar :

For me, Mick begins too early, Keith had to play an other "round around" to finish his intro.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2017 20:07

DeanGoodman
Hairball

I hope Dean Goodman was at the show - looking forward to his honest review of the show! thumbs up winking smiley

Sorry to disappoint. Happy - to me - didn't stand out as being more chaotic than any of Keith's other senior moments. Obviously Brown Sugar was quite the drama. To my ears, Start Me Up almost fell apart mid-song. But I swear my review is fairly favorable to Keith and everyone else - well, not to the idiot organizers. Congrats to the fans who survived.

No disappointment here - I enjoy reading your honest and well written reviews, whether it's praising, criticizing, or paying attention to minor details that might have gone unnoticed - usually all in the same review. Your stories vividly paint a picture that captures the experience as a good story should. Having attended several of the same shows as you in the past (San Diego opener, '15 comes to mind), I look forward to your reviews, and while I don't always agree with every detail, they're always honest and well balanced from your personal perspective - the good, the bad, the ugly, warts and all. In fact these current round of reviews are almost as exciting to read as following the shows themselves live on facebook feed (well not quite winking smiley). Looking forward to the next one.

I should add that bv's reviews are also interesting coming from the perspective of someone who has dedicated most of his adult life to the Rolling Stones, and his current review of last nights show is exceptional imo. In fact, as an avid reader and a diehard fan of the Stones, I enjoy reading all of the reviews from those who were at the shows. From the high praising and glowing (and sometimes a bit unrealistic) "best performance ever" reviews, to the less than stellar smack you in the face "never again" reviews, and those that are a bit mixed "Mick was great but Keith sucked", etc., etc., etc., they all have value for those of us who aren't at the shows. And whether it's just a few sentences in the show thread, or a lengthy review sent to bv to be published in the main show index, much appreciation and thanks to all who take the time. I find more value in reading reviews from the fans themselves on IORR vs. some of the ones published in the local newspapers which sometimes come across as paid advertisements.

And then there's all of the great pics in the main archives for each show...thanks to all of the photographers for the stunning visuals to accompany all of the reviews! With just a click on the laptop or smartphone, there's hundreds of shows that can be revisited and relived that have been compiled on this site. It's for all of these reasons that make this site so great (along with all of the discussion threads of course), and special thanks to bv for keeping it rolling for all these years.

Looking forward to virtually experiencing Zurich from my home base in California, followed by the rest of the tour. All of the minute by minute updates is nothing short of a miracle and a far cry from trying to gather info back in 1981 when I attended my first Stones show. How did we even exist back then?!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 20:14

How was this gig regarding the compact cameras? Allowed this time? If not officially, was it actually possible to get them in?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 17, 2017 21:00

Happy24
How was this gig regarding the compact cameras? Allowed this time? If not officially, was it actually possible to get them in?

No problem. Just hold it in your hand with your keys, wallet etc. when they wand you.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 21:07

DeanGoodman
Happy24

No problem. Just hold it in your hand with your keys, wallet etc. when they wand you.

Thanks! Doesn't really mean anything regarding the upcomming gigs, since it is obviously up to the respective promoters, but it is good to hear anyway that common sense wins, at least in some countries!

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: September 17, 2017 21:08

Hairball Thank you for this wonderful post!

It´s Only Rock´n´Roll but Vienna likes it!

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 21:24

MacLaurens
For you who have seen Under My Thumb been played at Spielberg and Hamburg, does Ronnie play the riff or is it Chuck on the keyboard?

I think is Ronnie guitar...

Date: September 17, 2017 21:55

laertisflash
Dandelion about UMT: "Was it better than in Hamburg? I'm not sure..."

I say yeah,yeah, yeah, woo...

That's BS winking smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 17, 2017 22:05

Of course it is BS. One "yes" would not be enough, I thought. So I used BS...

Posted by: Benjy ()
Date: September 17, 2017 22:21

And Ronnie is obviously smoking again....sad smiley. can see it during sympathy for the devil.

Date: September 17, 2017 22:25

Irix
Winning Ugly VXII
Irix
Winning Ugly VXII

It must have been one long rendition of "She's a Rainbow" to match the combined time of "Dancing With Mr. D" / plus "Out of Control" / plus "Play with Fire".

They started late (8:46pm) and played only 20 songs (instead of 22 in Hamburg) ....

That's my point. I doubt that they spent the same time playing the 20 songs today that they spent playing 22 songs last week. Especially when 19 of the 20 were the same.

From the IORR-Reports: Spielberg Show start: 8:44pm / Show end: 10:53pm => 2h:09m in total.

Kleine Zeitung.at said: Spielberg Show start: 8:46pm / Show end: 10:52pm => 2h:06m in total.

That means very little. Unless you have the time of each song from both nights,I am not convinced. It probably is just because they spent more time not performing songs .... time in between songs. I don't think that they rearranged the same 19 songs in order for them to last a total of 8 minutes longer and to balance out having 2 fewer songs in the concert.

If I am wrong,I will stand corrected but,I doubt it.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 22:29

The mud in Spielberg is sth I will remeber along with a great show and good atmosphere.
I guess we had luck as it took us 30 mins to get to our car and leave the parking lot.
Also got lucky again with lucky Dip no filter pit tix btw so still in heaven!!

Date: September 17, 2017 22:37

gotdablouse
campxray
Gimme Shelter [www.youtube.com]

Not bad, yes the guitar part is "simplified" but that's better than the flubbed notes/chords of the 2012/2013 versions.

farco
Under My Thumb

[youtu.be]

Thanks, sounds a lot better than the Hamburg version!

To be fair,there was a pretty decent version of "Gimme Shelter" performed in the U.K. in 2013.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 17, 2017 22:39

Benjy
And Ronnie is obviously smoking again....sad smiley. can see it during sympathy for the devil.

No, that clip is not from this tour !

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 17, 2017 22:40

From [www.KleineZeitung.at] · 17-Sept-2017, 3:00pm :

UNMUT ÜBER ORGANISATION

Gatsch, Anreise und Co.: Harsche Kritik der Fans an Stones-Konzert

In den sozialen Medien geht es nach dem Konzert der Rolling Stones in Spielberg rund: Fans kritisieren Organisation der Shuttle-Busse, das verschlammte Gelände und die schlecht ausgeleuchteten Wege.

Von Sarah Ruckhofer / APA | 15.00 Uhr, 17. September 2017

Am Sonntag waren die Spuren des Konzerts noch gut zu sehen. Der Schlamm sorgte auch beim Abbau für Probleme © Sarah Ruckhofer

Die gute Stimmung ist schnell verflogen: Noch während die Rolling Stones am Samstag ihr gefeiertes Konzert in Spielberg gaben, machten Fans ihrem Unmut auf Facebook und Twitter Luft. Von "desaströser Organisation" ist zu lesen, der Veranstalter solle sich "schämen", Spielberg sei als Veranstaltungsort "völlig ungeeignet".

So stoßen sich Konzertbesucher etwa an zu wenig Ausschilderung, zu wenigen Shuttlebusse oder zu engen Wege vom Konzertgelände hin zu den Parkplätzen. Konkret ging es um zu wenig ausgeleuchtete Wege weg vom Konzertgelände zu den Parkplätzen bis zu "gewagten" Umleitungen, wie Konzertbesucher sagten. So soll an einer Straße mit einem quer gestellten Fahrzeug - als Schutz gegen mögliche gewaltsam mit Autos auf das Gelände vordringende Täter - die zu Fuß gehenden Konzertbesucher über schmale "Stege" gelotst worden sein. Dies sei speziell für alkoholisierte Fans nicht einfach zu bewerkstelligen gewesen.

Schlamm und Alkohol

Ein Twitter-Nutzer kritisierte: "Rettungskräfte und Organisation überfordert. Menge mit Aggressionspotenzial und Absperrungen durchbrochen". Der gleiche User twitterte aber auch zum Konzert und den Bedingungen durch vorhergegangene Regenfälle: "Der geilste Schlamm meines Lebens". Und noch ein Tweet eines anderen Users: "Schlammschlacht! Aber geil war es allemal". Oder "Dream coming true"

Seitens der Einsatzkräfte hieß es auf Anfrage, dass man die Menschen nach dem Konzert mit von Feuerwehrleuten installierten Lichtpunkten in der Dunkelheit zu lotsen versucht habe. Eingeräumt wurde, dass es tatsächlich viele Alkoholisierte gegeben hätte.

Zum Chaos geriet nicht nur die Abreise, sondern auch die Anreise. Besonders ärgerlich: Während die Anreise mit dem Auto relativ gut klappte, mussten ausgerechnet die Nutzer der empfohlenen Shuttle-Busse bis zu vier Stunden lang auf ihren Transport warten. Hunderte saßen in Judenburg, Knittelfeld und Leoben fest, viele verpassten gar den Konzertbeginn. Am Gelände selbst erwartete die Fans knöcheltiefer Schlamm, ein Ausweichen war kaum möglich. Zahlreiche Besucher stürzten auf dem rutschigen Untergrund, der Samariter-Bund verzeichnete zahlreiche Verletzungen. [www.KleineZeitung.at]

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: September 17, 2017 22:41

Benjy
Can you point to the specific youtube clip where you're seeing this (and at what minute/second)?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: September 17, 2017 22:51

bv: "We are getting older, they are getting older."

True. Would I feel enough at a Stones gig these days? Or would I just be a troll? Who knows what 2018 will bring? There was an attempt at a gig in Voldsløkka...

Date: September 17, 2017 22:59

noughties
bv: "We are getting older, they are getting older."

True. Would I feel enough at a Stones gig these days? Or would I just be a troll? Who knows what 2018 will bring? There was an attempt at a gig in Voldsløkka...

And then Ronnie got cancer...

Posted by: Benjy ()
Date: September 17, 2017 23:00

[www.youtube.com]

But Lian is right: This is not from the Spielberg concert yesterday.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 17, 2017 23:22

Benjy
[www.youtube.com]

But Lian is right: This is not from the Spielberg concert yesterday.

The German newspaper posted the wrong videoclip

[wegotit.at]

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: September 17, 2017 23:28

Yesterday I record this small part of Under my thumb rehearsal before security banned me. They rehearsal in the tend behind stage when Jonh Lee Hooker junior play on main stage. I just heard this accidentally when I went to the toilet.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: September 17, 2017 23:56

keith has been playing with the intro's for a while now. what's mick suppose to do. he's not a mind reader, he came in when he thought he should. that sax playing is something to complain about. is it too late to call courtney pine?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 18, 2017 00:29

I've got to spend some more time with this show; try to get a better grasp of what's going on w them this tour. Certainly a fantastic new stage and screens; certainly Mick is very charming and still has great moves, and effortlessly, seems so anyway; still fun and dynamic to watch and enjoy; and he sounds good too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-18 07:26 by hopkins.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: September 18, 2017 00:34

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-18 07:25 by hopkins.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 16 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home