Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 15 of 20
Re: Spielberg Austria 16-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: nikola0406 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:08

I have just got home from this show. Organization was HORRIBLE. There was no flor what so ever that you guys told me it was a standard. People were standing in the crazy mud for 10plus hours. And dont get me started on the parking. It took us 3 and a half hours to get out?!!? Some crazy shit. The show was perfect up until Honky Tonk. Then Keith guitar just died on him at intro. Then the same guitar at the next song let him down again. He then walked in anger to the tehical guy and he crank him up to high for a Brown Sugar. I say again I think that that had nothing to do with Keith. On every other guitar apart from Micawber he was spot on. And he was smileing alot and playing and singing from a heart. You could see that last night. My friend who was four times before at The Stones said this was his best night by far. And he has been at shows in diferent decades.
So please have some sense when you judge them. And nobody talks about MIDNIGHT RAMBLER??
That was for me the highlight of the show. Perfect.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:15

farco
Under My Thumb

[youtu.be]

Very nice! Thank you. Enjoyed that. Hope I'm treated to it at some of the other shows I'm go to (4). Sounds a bit tighter than Hamburg, where it was still good snyway.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:16

Bjorn, it doesn’t bother me the fact that you are a troll. But it becomes really tedius your obvious inability in pretending that your’ re something different. You are a very bad actor, so no fun.

Do you really know how the greatest rock and roll band will be mentioned in the future? Look at the reviews of the Press, in every country the Stones are performing. Count how many are positive or enthousiastic. Count and the negatives, if you find some. Try to measure the general impression. And you'll have an answer.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:35

Winning Ugly VXII
Irix
Winning Ugly VXII

It must have been one long rendition of "She's a Rainbow" to match the combined time of "Dancing With Mr. D" / plus "Out of Control" / plus "Play with Fire".

They started late (8:46pm) and played only 20 songs (instead of 22 in Hamburg) ....

That's my point. I doubt that they spent the same time playing the 20 songs today that they spent playing 22 songs last week. Especially when 19 of the 20 were the same.

From the IORR-Reports: Spielberg Show start: 8:44pm / Show end: 10:53pm => 2h:09m in total.

Kleine Zeitung.at said: Spielberg Show start: 8:46pm / Show end: 10:52pm => 2h:06m in total.

(For comparison: Hamburg was 8:30pm-10:50pm => 2h:20m)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 23:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:36

I will attend two forthcoming shows at this tour. Has been thinking that I don't want to know too much about the versions of the songs this time, about the stage, the lights and so on. For that reason I have avoided to look at any clips. The only thing I have been convinced about, is that it will be a great experience. As always.

The reviews here talking simply expressed about "total disaster" or "as good as or even better than ever". So I tell you, I really don't know what to expect at all, just looking forward!

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:52

I've been avidly reading the discussions of the first three shows as I'm flying over to Zurich for Wednesday.
I have attended 40 shows since 1975 and they all have been rock and roll highlights of my life. All for various reasons, some great and some not so great.
I fully expect after reading the comments and reviews so far that Wednesday night will be another highlight. Yes, they are all over 70 but they are still playing.
I intend to cut them some slack and go crazy.
Hope to see some of you there!

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: September 17, 2017 13:59

nikola0406
I have just got home from this show. Organization was HORRIBLE. There was no flor what so ever that you guys told me it was a standard. People were standing in the crazy mud for 10plus hours. And dont get me started on the parking. It took us 3 and a half hours to get out?!!? Some crazy shit. The show was perfect up until Honky Tonk. Then Keith guitar just died on him at intro. Then the same guitar at the next song let him down again. He then walked in anger to the tehical guy and he crank him up to high for a Brown Sugar. I say again I think that that had nothing to do with Keith. On every other guitar apart from Micawber he was spot on. And he was smileing alot and playing and singing from a heart. You could see that last night. My friend who was four times before at The Stones said this was his best night by far. And he has been at shows in diferent decades.
So please have some sense when you judge them. And nobody talks about MIDNIGHT RAMBLER??
That was for me the highlight of the show. Perfect.

I mentioned the Rambler - and it was really great!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 17, 2017 14:00

[Twitter.com] · Large picture

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 14:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: September 17, 2017 14:12

KRiffhard
Lorenz
Just got home and I will definitely never ever attend a gig in Zeltweg again. From ankle-deep mud, not enough toilets, no possibility to pay with credit card to enormous waiting times coming to the gig and leaving (I waited for 2h in the car as nothing was moving on that rotten field) - just all really @#$%& up. Had GA tickets, went outside again and got a pair of seated tickets for 50€ instead of 300+€. So many cheap tickets and still it was completely filled up...

As for the Stones I'm split. On the one hand, there are a couple of guys aged around 75 still playing huge gigs and you have to admire them for that. On the other hand, the songs have slowed down painfully

sad smiley
Sad but true.

Lorenz and KRiffhard, being a long-time fan who has seen a lot of the Stones for 35+ years, I agree as much as Zeltweg/Spielberg is concernced. But in Munich Keith COULD play, so I would not generalize after the third concert that Keith can´t play anymore, we heard this over and over again on this forum for many years.
Yes, organisation in Spielberg was - spoken euphemistically - not so good, and for people who had never been to a concert there and came late, things must have been quite confusing, like for the the fan who wrote about not finding gold circle entry with her kids and had to go to GA.
But: Imagine there would have been 20.000+ cars at the perfectly organized Hamburg Stadtpark show - even with enough parking lots, everything would have broken down completely. Hamburg went so well, because everybody was forced to come by train or bicycle.
I was still stuck in parking Lot#11 after the show until 2:30 a.m. with my car. Got home to Vienna at 5:30 a.m., while normal driving distance is 2 hours.yawning smiley It turned out disadvantagous to be there early: A friend of mine who came late, got home three hours earlier.
But this is not the point - we got the STONES one more time in Austria, for concert No.15! Security inside and service sucked: some over-important little security guy forbid me to put my plastic glass with water in safety over the rail even for a few minutes - at 3:00 pm, when the place was still empty! This would never happen to me in Hamburg or Munich. When I went to return and get the deposit - it was still not very busy at the stalls, as it was before 4 pm - they even refused to return the deposit money at first.

As for the show, I think it was a good if not great show with a few hickups, which are not completely news to all of us here from other Stones tours. Couldn´t figure out at first why Keith started yelling really loud in Micks direction when Keith himself got a completely wrong start with Brown Sugar - if it really was a technical problem, thanks for clarification. But Keith looked honestly happy during his whole set and was otherwise really very charming during the show. Fewer songs - or so it seemed. I do not really likle She is a Rainbow, so this time no nice surprise songs for me, like Dancing with Mr.D, Play With Fire (Hamburg) or a great Beast of Burden with Bernard (Munich).

My perspective in Golden Circle left side first row: Annoying big video camera arm blocking view at times - better stick to the right side next time if possible! Sound from there seemed out of sync sometimes.
I was not sure if Mick was really comfortable .He pressed his fingers at the bridge of his nose out at the catwalk toward the end, maybe due to the cold out there or because of a little headache, but maybe I am over-interpreting this. Besides, he is such a pro, you never can really tell except when he really has to cancel a show like after the second desert trip show. But he was great as always, it is hard to take eyes off of him to concentrate on the other players for a while. I am so glad Ronnie is back well and jumping, laughing, running!!

Overall it was still great mud adventure in my home country and we got lucky the rain quit after 2 p.m.
In my opinion Munich was better musically, after a very nice and a more cautious, energy-saving tour opening night in Hamburg. Looking forward to Lucca where I have Lucky Dip - fingers really crossed! >grinning smiley<

It´s Only Rock´n´Roll but Vienna likes it!

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: September 17, 2017 15:07

Great pics! Is Ronnie wearing devil horns?

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: September 17, 2017 15:09

Very nice critique of the Austrian daily "Der Standard" (sorry, only in German), the title reads: "A small club gig at the huge field":

Stones in Spielberg

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 15:20

bleedingman
terry
Love the pic of the dog not looking very happy though, I expect
His seen the set list.

Just lost her pal. Needs quiet and recovery time. Hopefully a new friend after the travel. Beautiful face.

Oh no! RIP Etta

"Nice bit of silk, Em."

Date: September 17, 2017 15:21

Just listened UMT once again. I tend to agree with Doxa. It's the best version of the "modern era".

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: September 17, 2017 15:29

Bjornulf´s Review says it all. There may be some suffering involved in seeing the Stones these days, as we are all getting older winking smiley

It´s Only Rock´n´Roll but Vienna likes it!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 17, 2017 15:55

Great show. Great Keith. Great band. Horrioble site. Reports and pictures here:

[iorr.org]

Photo by Hauke Jürgensen

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 17, 2017 16:15

Thanks for al the pics, reviews and links!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 17, 2017 16:40

farco
Under My Thumb

[youtu.be]

Here's a clip with better image quality:

Under my Thumb

Posted by: nikola0406 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 16:58

bv
Great show. Great Keith. Great band. Horrioble site. Reports and pictures here:

[iorr.org]

Photo by Hauke Jürgensen
That realy was an honest and true review. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 16:59 by nikola0406.

Date: September 17, 2017 16:59

Thanks Cristiano. Very clear sound, indeed.

Posted by: kickit ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:01

Another Review (In German) with some great pictures

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:15

Under my Thumb

Fantastic indeed, and there is now Midnight Rambler as well by the same guy "Steel of Silesia"

Date: September 17, 2017 17:22

marclaff

Under my Thumb

Fantastic indeed, and there is now Midnight Rambler as well by the same guy "Steel of Silesia"

And there's also Just Your Fool/Ride'em on Down:

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: September 17, 2017 17:31

Miss you
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 17, 2017 18:13

'Sofa Critics'
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Dean Goodman did YOU get a little teary-eyed 'Slipping Away' ?
No crying in the Pit, please. Could be contagious and I need my Depp makeup intact.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 17, 2017 18:19

Cristiano Radtke
marclaff

Under my Thumb

And there's also Just Your Fool/Ride'em on Down:

Great great Great. Puts the Bashers to rest, i guess.
Jeroen

Date: September 17, 2017 18:25

laertisflash
Just listened UMT once again. I tend to agree with Doxa. It's the best version of the "modern era".

Was it better than in Hamburg? I'm not sure...

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 17, 2017 18:31

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: September 17, 2017 18:41

Allrighty ppl... Is it just me or last night we witnessed a really, REALLY good gig?

Band was in quite good spirit's, Keith too, sound was INCREDIBLE, guitars never sounded better, Charlie's sound was brilliant.

I wasn't too happy with Wien 2014... They kept turning Keith down in the mix except for the intros which made awful impression...

And this last night, although filled with greatest hits and almost nothing else, sounded and looked very very true to itself and the magic *was* there.

(You set list whiners, you do need to GET a reality check, and, quite possibly, a life. Boys are 75. The can't pull out Rip This Joint any more, nor they'll ever be able to again.)

I came with low expectations with my only motive being farewell to the band of my life, but...
Went out of there with heart and soul filled with grace and joy, stepping trough 15 cm of mud but feeling like I'm walking graciously above it... grinning smiley

Will be enjoining another one in a week, Lucca.

Thank you Bjornful for keeping all this fan infra alive trough the years.

Cheers all,
Vedran

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-17 18:53 by vedran.

Date: September 17, 2017 18:48

Thanks for the review, vedran. smileys with beer

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: September 17, 2017 18:54

I won't do a report as it wouldn't sound much different to BVs or MGetzners - you did a great job on that guysthumbs up

Only a few notes:
I've seen my favourite band several times since 1990 - this one is definitely in my personal top-3-chartsgrinning smiley
A very interesting setlist - i liked the position change of MY and HTW, extraordinary good sound, Keith very focused on his playing and obviously having a good time as he smiled, laughed and posed throughout the show,
Mick was on fire doing a great performance and talking a lot with the audience, Charlie and Ronnie of course did a great job too.
It wasn't a 'perfect' show but it was a Stones-show, and some technical or playing problems are nothing but the proof that this is a LIVE showsmoking smiley
I think the organisation was not that bad for having 95,000 or even more people in the middle of nowhere. I returned back to my hotel at 2am - dirty, exhausted but very happy and satisfiedsmileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 15 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1684
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home