Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 20
Spielberg Austria 16-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2017 13:34

This thread is for live updates and comments regarding The Rolling Stones No Filter show in Spielberg Austria 16-Sep-2017.

Please tell us your pre- and post-show thoughts and comments here.

For the pre-show talks regarding this show please see the old now closed thread:

Spielberg Austria travel and show info - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour 2017

Show start is expected to be around 20:30 CET (Central European Time), i.e. 8:30pm, which is 7:30pm UK time, 2:30pm EST US East Coast, 11am PST US West Coast, 3:30am next day Tokyo time and 4:30am next day Sydney time.

Bjornulf

Re: Spielberg Austria 16-Sep-2017 Stones No Filter live show updates
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 16, 2017 13:55

Informations for Spielberg: [Stones-Spielberg.at] · [www.BarracudaMusic.at]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 14:15 by Irix.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 16, 2017 14:04

First Lucky Dippers reporting on German FB page about having received Pit tickets.

Date: September 16, 2017 14:15

Merchandise -- [TheRollingStonesShop.com] :

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 16, 2017 14:16

latvianinexile
First Lucky Dippers reporting on German FB page about having received Pit tickets.

That is fun!
Have a great one Neil, and all the rest of you!!!

TE
Oslo

Date: September 16, 2017 14:28

Live-Titter: #StonesSpielberg

[Twitter.com] · Large version of this picture

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 16, 2017 14:31

Wow, gloomy skies, hope it clears up !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: September 16, 2017 14:36

It's only MUD & roll...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 16, 2017 14:49

It's raining steadily now, probably not much respite for the rest of the day/night.

Who are they targeting?
Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: September 16, 2017 15:00

So happy to see them touring but I need to ask, who are they targeting? or trying to play for? if you want 90,000 fans the price needs to be lower and the weather can't be a factor....they should know this..bad weather helps no one, not the band , the fans, the overall experience, the overall sales potential...would be much better to play 50,000 inside at the current prices or 90,000 outside but make it much cheaper and people will come....i struggle to see who/what they are trying to attract and achieve....I will go ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, ANY WEATHER but I am not the target audience (I don't think) as I highly doubt there are 90,000 of my type in any major area...perhaps 10,000 and then the rest will be the curious, the what to do on a saturday night, etc etc....Thoughts anyone?

Date: September 16, 2017 15:01

DeanGoodman

It's raining steadily now, probably not much respite for the rest of the day/night.

Next shower is expected at 3:30pm according to the Rain Radar.

Weather forecast for Spielberg, 16-Sept-2017.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 15:15 by Irix.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 16, 2017 15:40

did not see it around here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 15:53 by maumau.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:02

maumau

What is the connexion between the devil and Spielberg? Any juicy story?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:07

The Joker
maumau

What is the connexion between the devil and Spielberg? Any juicy story?

Krampus.

Re: Who are they targeting?
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:10

BostonBob
So happy to see them touring but I need to ask, who are they targeting? or trying to play for? if you want 90,000 fans the price needs to be lower and the weather can't be a factor....they should know this..bad weather helps no one, not the band , the fans, the overall experience, the overall sales potential...would be much better to play 50,000 inside at the current prices or 90,000 outside but make it much cheaper and people will come....i struggle to see who/what they are trying to attract and achieve....I will go ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, ANY WEATHER but I am not the target audience (I don't think) as I highly doubt there are 90,000 of my type in any major area...perhaps 10,000 and then the rest will be the curious, the what to do on a saturday night, etc etc....Thoughts anyone?

Interesting question, Bob. When I browsed #stonesnofilter on Instagram in the hours leading up to the Hamburg show, I did notice quite a few people (mainly women) who looked to be in their late teens and twenties posting, with several highlighting that it was their first time seeing the band. This was also the case in Munich, see the few examples below for illustration.

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

How many of these young fans do you think are attending with older relatives?

There has been an assumption on iorr that the Stones are now playing largely to an audience of people who are seeing them for the first time. It would be interesting to know what percentage of a crowd on the current tour have seen the band before.

Ultimately, there must be demand, particularly as the Stones are playing similar areas, and in one example, the same venue as they did just three years ago.

Date: September 16, 2017 16:21

Date: September 16, 2017 16:30

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:43

I was in Top Shop (trendy young adult clothing) and saw young woman with a "Jagger Swagger" shirt on. I wanted to ask...do you know who that is?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:47

BostonBob

Yes, it is interesting. 'We' won't let them slide into a Vegas residence, and when all is said and done, 1 of the marvels will be (is) how many travels around the world playing massive shows/ volumes of peoples.
What else to do with these constructed x-Olympic type venues out in the middle of almost no-where? Party with the Stones 'til we drop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 16:49 by 35love.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: September 16, 2017 16:57

This isn't worthy of a thread, so i will post it here:

how about a show with holographic Stones? The 1972 Mick meets the 2017 Sir Jagger? Just thought of it, as I was telling my husband about all of the bitchin about the quality of the Stones performance now. I am half-joking.

I wonder what we have missed, that has gotten better with age? I like to think, I am wiser and better in some respects than when I was 22.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-16 16:58 by Librarian.

Date: September 16, 2017 17:14

Date: September 16, 2017 17:33

Have a great concert, everyone! Cheers! smileys with beer

[www.instagram.com]

Date: September 16, 2017 17:43

"See you soon Spielberg! #StonesNoFilter"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: September 16, 2017 17:47

I'm at the concert site now for about an hour. Weather is fine even the sun comes out from time to time!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 16, 2017 17:49

BostonBob

I think they expected better weather at this time of year in Europe as did those who bought tickets, though of course it's always a gamble. This has been an unusually cold and wet September for these countries.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: September 16, 2017 18:19

Olly
BostonBob

Interesting question, Bob. When I browsed #stonesnofilter on Instagram in the hours leading up to the Hamburg show, I did notice quite a few people (mainly women) who looked to be in their late teens and twenties posting, with several highlighting that it was their first time seeing the band. This was also the case in Munich, see the few examples below for illustration.

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

[www.instagram.com]

How many of these young fans do you think are attending with older relatives?

There has been an assumption on iorr that the Stones are now playing largely to an audience of people who are seeing them for the first time. It would be interesting to know what percentage of a crowd on the current tour have seen the band before.

Ultimately, there must be demand, particularly as the Stones are playing similar areas, and in one example, the same venue as they did just three years ago.

It would be fascinating to see a demographic breakdown of their audiences over the years, by tour. I wonder if data like this exists today (not retroactively, of course, for the past, but for current shows)? Would not seem to be either in the promoter's or the band's interests to publicize the fact that the crowd was mostly well-heeled geezers ... but maybe that's not a fair description of the crowd? Individual perceptions of the audience are one thing ... but numbers from ticket-vendors would be another.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 16, 2017 18:41

This will be like Hyde Park, in attendance were everything from babe in arms to
Octagenerians. Why is this hard to grasp? The Rolling Stines have the broadest appeal of any rock group ever. That's the target audience.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: September 16, 2017 18:45

Cristiano Radtke
"See you soon Spielberg! #StonesNoFilter"

[twitter.com]

Yeah. He's hot. I loved that clothing on him. *kiss kiss Mick Jagger have a great show. Light and love.

Date: September 16, 2017 18:52

Date: September 16, 2017 18:55

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home