Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 7, 2018 15:27

corriecas
paulywaul
corriecas
Bjornulf..please put up the rumoured gigs for the 2018 tour.
Jeroen

How the hell can BV put up a list of rumoured gigs when at this moment in time ... there ISN'T one such list ?

Patience ! When he hears something substantial that is actually credible, I'm sure he'll put it on the board ...

I am sure there is certain talk within the Stones camp, about gigs they wanna play,places they want to tour.
Jeroen

Look, even if we knew what "talk within the Stones camp" there is, "places they want to tour" is an entirely different animal than a list of rumored shows.

There has never been a list of "places the Stones want to tour" on this board.

Last year the first list of rumored shows only came up in April/May. I think Munich was the first date that was rumored and that was in the end of of April. See the first pages of this thread [iorr.org]

Lucca surfaced around that time as well, and Paris with the new arena had been mentioned in late April. The tour, as we know, was officially announced not long after, on May 9.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-07 15:34 by Topi.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 7, 2018 15:48

Topi
corriecas
paulywaul
corriecas
Bjornulf..please put up the rumoured gigs for the 2018 tour.
Jeroen

How the hell can BV put up a list of rumoured gigs when at this moment in time ... there ISN'T one such list ?

Patience ! When he hears something substantial that is actually credible, I'm sure he'll put it on the board ...

I am sure there is certain talk within the Stones camp, about gigs they wanna play,places they want to tour.
Jeroen

Look, even if we knew what "talk within the Stones camp" there is, "places they want to tour" is an entirely different animal than a list of rumored shows.

There has never been a list of "places the Stones want to tour" on this board.

Last year the first list of rumored shows only came up in April/May. I think Munich was the first date that was rumored and that was in the end of of April. See the first pages of this thread [iorr.org]

Lucca surfaced around that time as well, and Paris with the new arena had been mentioned in late April. The tour, as we know, was officially announced not long after, on May 9.

OK, and then it was 'formally announced in early May (9th), and the tour kicked off in early September. So, a lead time of around 4 months !

Why does anyone think it's likely to be significantly different this time round ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 7, 2018 15:54

My thoughts exactly, paulywaul. Also you'll remember that the last time they played UK (Glastonbury and Hyde Park) the shows were only announced in late March/early April.

Glastonbury was announced on March 28.

Hyde Park #1 was announced on April 3.

Three months out.

The 2014 14 on Fire European shows started in May but were officially announced only in mid-March. Pinkpop I believe was the first official announcement on March 12. That's two months before the first show (May 26 in Oslo).

Here on IORR, the first solid rumors surfaced in late February and bv published his first list of rumored shows on February 27. [iorr.org]

Still, Ziggodome kept being mentioned long after. winking smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-07 18:07 by Topi.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2018 17:21

Nothing is signed as for 2018 shows, so there is nothing to report on really.

There are promoters with wish lists and offers, and several venues are looked into, but until they sign a contract, there is not much you can tell right now.

It is like a deck of 52 cards, where there will be five cards on your hand. For the Stones this year there are may be 50-100 choices to select from and they will choose 5% to 10% based on business and pleasure 50/50 or may be 85/15...

The only thing I can tell you, is keep the summer open. They will tour the British Isles and may be some mainland Europe shows too. And if they get the new album ready, that will be a bonus.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 7, 2018 17:40

Thanks Bjornulf! smileys with beer

Date: January 7, 2018 18:23

bv

There are promoters with wish lists and offers, and several venues are looked into, but until they sign a contract, there is not much you can tell right now.

It is like a deck of 52 cards, where there will be five cards on your hand. For the Stones this year there are may be 50-100 choices to select from and they will choose 5% to 10% based on business and pleasure 50/50 or may be 85/15...

The only thing I can tell you, is keep the summer open. They will tour the British Isles and may be some mainland Europe shows too. And if they get the new album ready, that will be a bonus.

Good enough, thank you ! thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 7, 2018 18:25

bv

Thanks for the info, Bjornulf.
Jeroen

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 7, 2018 19:42

Thanks, for the info.

Like the sound of main land europe as well.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 7, 2018 20:27

Thanks Bjornulf! It’s frustrating to have to wait, but it’s nice to know that the info will be solid when we do get it.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: January 8, 2018 01:52

British Isles hopefully includes Ireland

it's been 11 years since they played here

thanks for the info looking forward to the offical word, hopefully we get it very soon

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 8, 2018 08:20

Healy52003

it's been 11 years since they played here

thanks for the info looking forward to the offical word, hopefully we get it very soon

That's not very long. In 1982 the last show was 17 years ago, in 2003 21 years ;-)

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: January 8, 2018 12:22

once they play Ireland this year I don't care how long it's been

I suppose a stadium would be the best as opposed to a field like Slane or Phoenix Park. I'm only 28 and I prefer sitting down as you dont have to worry about not seeing the stage

Date: January 8, 2018 14:16

bv

The only thing I can tell you, is keep the summer open. They will tour the British Isles and maybe some mainland Europe shows too. And if they get the new album ready, that will be a bonus.

This one has been rumoured for quite a while now, but it's a rather strong rumour - given that the RS themselves have openly stated that 'they'll see us in the UK next year'. So it's just a matter of waiting those few months for the list of venues and dates to emerge ........

This one however, is a relatively new development on the rumour front ... but I for one really really really hope it's true. There has been some speculation that a gig somewhere or other in Poland might be on the cards, nowhere else specifically has been mentioned as yet - at least not to my knowledge

Date: January 8, 2018 14:25

<nowhere else specifically has been mentioned as yet - at least not to my knowledge>

Wasn't Sarajevo mentioned earlier?

Date: January 8, 2018 14:33

That was U2 ;-) What shall they do in Sarajevo? One of four continental gigs a free concert? I don't think so. I would rather expect another Moscow show now or in 2020/21 after more than 20 years. It's bigger than London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-08 14:35 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 8, 2018 14:37

DandelionPowderman

Dunno, might have been ? If so, I missed it.

The only reason I mentioned Poland was that some of this speculation has taken the form of a couple of articles in the Polish music press, which I suppose might 'possibly' be seen as whatever was written being marginally more credible than - for example - someone on an RS fan message board saying something like 'I have a mate who has a mate who knows the sister of someone that used to serve tea and biscuits to Mick Jagger in 1852 when they were just starting out, and SHE reckons that she overheard Mick say .... blah blah blah' !!!

Date: January 8, 2018 14:41

paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

The only reason I mentioned Poland was that some of this speculation has taken the form of a couple of articles in the Polish music press, which I suppose might 'possibly' be seen as whatever was written being marginally more credible than - for example - someone on an RS fan message board saying something like 'I have a mate who has a mate who knows the sister of someone that used to serve tea and biscuits to Mick Jagger in 1852 when they were just starting out, and SHE reckons that she overheard Mick say .... blah blah blah' !!!

There was information regarding Sarajevo last year, for the original early summer tour, but I'm not sure if they seriously considered playing there. The actual tour dates appeared only in rich regions eventually.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 8, 2018 14:46

paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

Rumour is from Piotr Metz, one of the most known Polish music journalist and the builder of the first and the biggest radio stations in Poland. So its not rumour from nowhere.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 8, 2018 15:19

I live just outside London but I also hope for some shows on mainland Europe,it’s always great to travel.

Nate

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 8, 2018 16:02

paulywaul
There has been some speculation that a gig somewhere or other in Poland might be on the cards, nowhere else specifically has been mentioned as yet - at least not to my knowledge

Don’t forget the Pompeii rumour. smiling smiley

Date: January 8, 2018 16:47

paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

[www.sarajevotimes.com]

Date: January 8, 2018 17:14

DandelionPowderman
paulywaul
DandelionPowderman

[www.sarajevotimes.com]

That's stupid excuses. Was a closeable roof necessary in Lucca or Barcelona? They just gave a veto for a show they have had to play with much less salary than usual.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 8, 2018 17:21

Sarajevo was in the cards for the prospective summer tour which had been delayed due to Ronnie's surgery. I wouldn't rule out the Stones giving another try at it.

Date: January 8, 2018 17:46

If there's really just four or so continental shows this year then they will never include a date where they get nothing for.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 8, 2018 18:19

Healy52003

Why not Jersey or Guernesey ?
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Of course Ireland shouldn't be forgotten

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 8, 2018 18:23

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 8, 2018 18:55

If it is on Chuck's homepage then it is certain. Good news!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 8, 2018 19:14

mtaylor

If it is on Chuck's homepage then it is certain. Good news!!

a band member (or at least some kind of insider) quoting a newspaper article on the band he's playing with?????? Quite absurd, isn't it?

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 8, 2018 19:56

Someone who takes care of Chuck's FB page and maybe the website too needs a bit of discipline smiling smiley

When one of Vegas shows was cancelled a message was posted on his FB welcoming fans and inviting them to this show.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 8, 2018 20:09

Adams
Someone who takes care of Chuck's FB page and maybe the website too needs a bit of discipline smiling smiley

When one of Vegas shows was cancelled a message was posted on his FB welcoming fans and inviting them to this show.

[mobile.twitter.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home