Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 2, 2018 10:44

There is some fake event on FB wich suggest a show on june 23 in Stadium Narodowy Warschau, Poland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-02 10:45 by spunky.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 2, 2018 11:52

spunky
There is some fake event on FB wich suggest a show on june 23 in Stadium Narodowy Warschau, Poland.
its only made by fans who wants to be updated with informations about gig. Fan event

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 2, 2018 12:01

zgredzik
spunky
its only made by fans who wants to be updated with informations about gig. Fan event

Would make sense. The show could be on a weekend to fill the big venue, and June 23 is Saturday.

Date: January 2, 2018 12:22

I hope it won't be 16th June. I am going to see sir Ringo in Berlin (its Saturday too) grinning smiley

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: January 2, 2018 22:02

There are also rumours that the gig would take place at newly renewed Silesia Stadium in Chorzow, near Katowice, where the Stones have played on B2B tour. This is a bigger stadium than one in Warsaw, so more people would be able to see the Stones. Still, Warsaw is a richer region so I would say chances are 50:50 between both Chorzow and Warsaw.

Date: January 2, 2018 22:28

wickerman, what is your source? smiling smiley

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: January 2, 2018 22:48

At the moment the national stadium in Warsaw is booked. in June. for a Big concert event.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 2, 2018 22:51

Slaski is smaller than National Stadium, with possibly better acoustics though.
We don't know that as there was no concert after the roof was built.

Date: January 2, 2018 22:52

polandstones
At the moment the national stadium in Warsaw is booked. in June. for a Big concert event.

on what date? we know it from week from one article, or maybe you have some exlusive infomations? grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: January 2, 2018 22:56

At the moment I can not say anything more.
the Silesian stadium is not allowed for concerts in June. only from July when GnR will play

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 2, 2018 23:22

wickerman
There are also rumours that the gig would take place at newly renewed Silesia Stadium in Chorzow, near Katowice, where the Stones have played on B2B tour. This is a bigger stadium than one in Warsaw, so more people would be able to see the Stones. Still, Warsaw is a richer region so I would say chances are 50:50 between both Chorzow and Warsaw.

If it’s in Chorzow, I will definitely go. I was there for the fabulous BtB Show in 1998. I stayed with friends in Warsaw and it was a horrendous 7 hour bus journey down the E77 and back again. Loads of traffic jams. I would still do it again though. However, if it’s at the Narodowy I will not be there even though I have friends in the area. The Narodowy is a fabulous modern football stadium but I have not heard one good word about it as a concert venue. The worst ever I’m told.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 2, 2018 23:29

Only 2h 30m by train smiling smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 2, 2018 23:37

Adams
Only 2h 30m by train smiling smiley

Good, that’ll do smiling smiley Or i could just stay in Katowice for the night. I speak a bit of Polish so not a problem grinning smiley

The trains from Warsaw to Chorzow were absolutely packed for the gig 20 years ago I’m told. But dear old Polska has come on in leaps and bounds since then. It’s a different country nowadays thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-02 23:39 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 3, 2018 03:32

zgredzik
wickerman, what is your source? smiling smiley

I am thinking a Ouija board or dartboard or a combo of both ;-)

Rod

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 3, 2018 10:03

Lot of chat about Poland guys...makes me think there may be something in it. But what about UK? 5 years now

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 3, 2018 11:20

"U2 (biggest Universal profile band) sales of their last album released on a high sale climate few weeks ago are very disappointing.There is no room anymore for classic rock"

You 're wrong Massimo. According to Global Media Traffic Chart U2 is #7, after 3 weeks, with 750,000 copies sold (the real number could be 5-10% higher, considering what Georgelicks has informed us about the particular source). The number is good by the current standards of the albums sales.

The whole 2017 chart ("End Year Chart") is not on, yet, as I see. But among the best selling albums of 2016 (January 2016 - January 2017) worldwide, you can see the Stones (B&L), Metallica, Coldplay,Bowie, Radiohead, RHCP, Disturb.

There is always room for rock, my friend! In some years the room is bigger, in others smaller, but there is room...

Date: January 3, 2018 15:03

exhpart
Lot of chat about Poland guys...makes me think there may be something in it. But what about UK? 5 years now

This is not a wonder IMHO. Poland (38 mio.inhabitants) has got four (!) shows so far in 51 years, two of them in 1967 when many people here incl. myself were not even born. The UK (65 mio. inhabitants) has got maybe 80 or 100 shows since 1969 (not counting the 100's of early club shows). Alone in the 1/2 year late '12 till summer '13 there were more UK shows than in Poland in 50 years. So it's not really surprising that there's a strong discussion about a possible 5th (and last ever) show in Poland.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-03 15:22 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 3, 2018 15:27

yeah, right, I think that if promoter will not do some f-ck up the concert will happen. but UK people, calm down, Mick said that they will come to UK in 2018 so it will happen for 100% in UK. and maybe in Poland in 70%. I have a strange feeling that they will end touring there, where they were born - in UK.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 3, 2018 16:49

Rolling Stones set to give Irish fans some satisfaction

Legendary rock band the Rolling Stones could be performing on Irish shores this year for the first time in more than a decade.
There is increasing speculation the band, who formed in 1962, will embark on a tour of the UK this summer. According to sources, if the UK tour gets the green light, then an Irish gig may be on the cards.
The band last played here in 2007 when they headlined at Slane. It's not the first time the august rock stars have been rumoured to return to Ireland. Last year, there was talk that Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie would perform a 'monster gig' at Dublin's Croke Park stadium. Sadly, however, the gig never came to fruition.

Fans of the band believe a UK tour could take place as last year the band omitted any British dates on their 'No Filter' European tour.
During the tour the band visited Zurich, Arnhem, Hamburg, Munich, Barcelona, Stockholm, Lucca, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, and Paris. They said they were unable to include UK tour dates due to a "lack of available venues because of sporting fixtures".

At the time they apologised to fans online saying, "Hope to be here in 2018."
Last year, music bible 'NME' reported the band may be playing a series of gigs around the UK, including one at Knebworth Festival. They previously performed at the site in 1976 and it could be the perfect place to stage a UK gig given that Glastonbury will not be taking place in 2018.

If the Stones do come to Ireland, it is believed they could perform at the Aviva Stadium or Croke Park.

[www.independent.ie]

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 3, 2018 16:51

It Looks Like The Rolling Stones Are Set To Announce A Dublin Stadium Gig: [lovindublin.com]

Date: January 3, 2018 17:00

spunky
It Looks Like The Rolling Stones Are Set To Announce A Dublin Stadium Gig: [lovindublin.com]

Could it be they never played a stadium in Dublin?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 3, 2018 18:45

Possibly great news for those in Dublin! thumbs up

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 3, 2018 18:51

Monsoon Ragoon
spunky

Could it be they never played a stadium in Dublin?

That is correct.
They have played Slane Castle and The Point.
Plus some theatre shows in the 60’s.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 3, 2018 18:52

Hairball

...and for those who know how to get there!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 3, 2018 19:04

Great for the southern Irish. Bare in mind, however, that 2018 will mark fifty-three years since the Stones last performed in Northern Ireland. This being a supposed U.K. jaunt and all. The Irish Republic got visited in '82 and '06. Northern Ireland was 1965!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 3, 2018 19:26

SomeTorontoGirl
Hairball

...and for those who know how to get there!
thumbs up

Date: January 3, 2018 19:34

Big Al
Great for the southern Irish. Bare in mind, however, that 2018 will mark fifty-three years since the Stones last performed in Northern Ireland. This being a supposed U.K. jaunt and all. The Irish Republic got visited in '82 and '06. Northern Ireland was 1965!

Ireland (the island) has only 6 million inhabitants. That's too few for two major shows I think. Even Dublin is not on the tour list at first normally. In 2003 they got two late added shows which had not happened without earlier cancellations of other shows, in 2007 a date on the "bonus" tour leg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-03 19:59 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 3, 2018 19:40

Big Al
The Irish Republic got visited in '82 and '06.

’82, ’03 and ’07. But not in ’06.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 3, 2018 22:42

I was at The Point shows way back in about 2003.

The nearest I ever got to a 'club' show ,and also the smallest audience and the nearest I ever got to the stage.
Hospitality before the show from a guy we met at the MSG gigs in January 2003.
Thank you Tony. thumbs up

The fans there were great and I easily got to front of stage with the help of taller Irish fans who just pushed me up there. Such great Irish fans I met that night.

Ireland deserve a couple of gigs in 2018 on the U.K. Tour......................which may be the last time tour,but hopefully not.smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 4, 2018 00:42

spunky

Poorly written article full of presumptions.

They cant play Croke Park in 2018 - the venue is allowed to stage 3 shows a year and theyre fully allocated already.

If its an outdoor show, the Aviva Stadium or possibly the RDS showgrounds are far more likely.

Big Al

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-04 00:43 by Gazza.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home