Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 30, 2017 21:18

There are always a lot of rumours. Only ca. 1/2 of them actually turns into a show eventually.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: December 30, 2017 21:20

35love
Hairball
Possibly great news for those in Poland! thumbs up

I find you misleading here.
A rumor from a disc joky (jokey) in Poland trying to drum up business?

Sounds to me like nothing, everything is on hold, Mick off in the Himalayas
everybody on vacay wait and see.

Metz arranged McCartney to play in Poland by the first time in 2013. He is not a disk jockey, but very important person in polish radio journalism. He is the founder of one of the biggest radio stations in Poland. So I believe him.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 30, 2017 23:28

No doubt a tour is coming. New album by April or May? Doubtful

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 31, 2017 00:27

35love
Hairball
Possibly great news for those in Poland! thumbs up

I find you misleading here.
A rumor from a disc joky (jokey) in Poland trying to drum up business?

Sounds to me like nothing, everything is on hold, Mick off in the Himalayas
everybody on vacay wait and see.

Misleading?
The use of the word "possibly" doesn't really lead one way or the other - it's just a comment.

zgredzik
Metz arranged McCartney to play in Poland by the first time in 2013. He is not a disk jockey, but very important person in polish radio journalism. He is the founder of one of the biggest radio stations in Poland. So I believe him.

Good to hear zgredzik - this sounds like possibly great news for those in Poland!
Hope it happens for everyone there. thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 31, 2017 00:56

Bashlets

Tour is on plans of course, UK and some European cities as bonus, but a new album released in April is out of the question, no way Universal will waste such a big profile record on a spring/summer dead sales climate, it will be released on November/December, but the band should finish it first.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 31, 2017 02:34

Sorry Hairball, my bad mood missed your ‘possibly’.
And no offense taken about the Poland rumors I hope.
Carry on.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: December 31, 2017 12:15

Exhibition in Sydney is scheduled for November 2018. That most likely means a Stones show while happen in 2018 in Australia as well. Stones scouts were out searching for a suitable location for a 2018 Australian show in November. However, it is most likely that the show will be at Hanging Rock in Victoria.

Hanging Rock is the only place in 50 years where the Stones have cancelled twice. The first time was when the Australian tour was postponed following the death of Mick Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott. The second, on the rescheduled tour, was also cancelled after Mick came down with a throat infection mid-tour.

With all of the Stones members planning on coming to Australia for Exhibition is Sydney, it is now highly likely that the Hanging Rock no-shows will finally be rectified, especially with the late 2017 scout activity.

The Rolling Stones do not currently have any dates for 2018 confirmed.

Source: [www.noise11.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 31, 2017 12:52

They will roll stones in the amphitheater of Pompeii. And they will not be the dusty ruins ruined by collapses, but those of a living legend: the Rolling Stones. «My dream for 2018? A concert of the Rolling Stones in Pompeii. We are working on it and hope to be able to close soon. This site is a space for the classics and the Rolling Stones, like Pink Floyd, are a classic par excellence, a rock classic ». It is to be sworn that next summer we will really see the arzilli old men of rock playing under Vesuvius. Massimo Osanna, director of the Archaeological Park has something to feed his dreams:

[www.ilmattino.it]

Date: December 31, 2017 13:20

spunky
Exhibition in Sydney is scheduled for November 2018. That most likely means a Stones show while happen in 2018 in Australia as well. Stones scouts were out searching for a suitable location for a 2018 Australian show in November. However, it is most likely that the show will be at Hanging Rock in Victoria.

Hanging Rock is the only place in 50 years where the Stones have cancelled twice. The first time was when the Australian tour was postponed following the death of Mick Jagger’s girlfriend L’Wren Scott. The second, on the rescheduled tour, was also cancelled after Mick came down with a throat infection mid-tour.

With all of the Stones members planning on coming to Australia for Exhibition is Sydney, it is now highly likely that the Hanging Rock no-shows will finally be rectified, especially with the late 2017 scout activity.

The Rolling Stones do not currently have any dates for 2018 confirmed.

Source: [www.noise11.com]

Very unlikely IMHO. The last calendar year with two tour legs was 2014 not counting the three desert gigs thing. Apart from that they never played where Exhibitionism was. Why should they change that? Because Jagger's mother was born there??

Posted by: terry ()
Date: December 31, 2017 16:56

georgelicks
Bashlets

Tour is on plans of course, UK and some European cities as bonus, but a new album released in April is out of the question, no way Universal will waste such a big profile record on a spring/summer dead sales climate, it will be released on November/December, but the band should finish it first.

I don't think is a good idea to release a new album after the 2018 tour,
As the announcement of a tour and new album will compliment each other,as
That's good marketing.
Yes the albums sales have plummeted the last few years, but I still think it's worth releasing the album spring/ early summer time.
I'm sure as the tour progresses the album will sell steadily.
The stones need to tour behind a new album, just one more time.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 31, 2017 19:01

Lien
They will roll stones in the amphitheater of Pompeii. And they will not be the dusty ruins ruined by collapses, but those of a living legend: the Rolling Stones. «My dream for 2018? A concert of the Rolling Stones in Pompeii. We are working on it and hope to be able to close soon. This site is a space for the classics and the Rolling Stones, like Pink Floyd, are a classic par excellence, a rock classic ». It is to be sworn that next summer we will really see the arzilli old men of rock playing under Vesuvius. Massimo Osanna, director of the Archaeological Park has something to feed his dreams:

[www.ilmattino.it]

OMG that will be the non plus ultra! I won't hold my breath though. According to a very strong rumor (which at the time has been confirmed to me by one person who works in the archeological site) paul McCartney should have played there last summer (he even went to Pompei to visit the site personally, accompanied by the promoter). The gig, however, didn't happen.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 31, 2017 19:18

"Amphitheater of Pompeii...". So cool... Circus Maximus in 2014 and Amphitheater of Pompeii in 2018? Great...

Wild Slivovitz,what about the capacity of the venue??

Date: December 31, 2017 19:39

It's really limited, we're talking about approximately 3.000 people.

When David Gilmour played the cheapest tickets were around € 350, for the Stones the price could be much higher, I think.

I don't believe that this gig will take place, but since it's the Stones anything could happen, so let's wait and see!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 31, 2017 19:46

Wild Slivovitz

When David Gilmour played the cheapest tickets were around € 350, for the Stones the price could be much higher, I think.

I don't believe that this gig will take place, but since it's the Stones anything could happen, so let's wait and see!

But If it does happen, you’ll find a way of getting in grinning smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 1, 2018 00:13

The Rolling Stones

RollingStones:
"Wishing everyone a rockin' NYE and we'll see you in 2018! #HappyNewYear"

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: January 1, 2018 09:03

Happy new year !!!!
Is not a rumours now!!!

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: January 1, 2018 12:17

I will try to see them only if they play some relatively small venue. But I hope that fans in UK will get what they want, or what they need. Looking forward to see if they will show some balls and make it interesting.

And of course happy new year to everybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-01 12:18 by laughinearlydied.

Date: January 1, 2018 17:47

grzegorz67
Wild Slivovitz

I'd do just about anything to get in, that would be "barryman" if it happens smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 1, 2018 19:02

Wild Slivovitz
grzegorz67
Wild Slivovitz

I'd do just about anything to get in, that would be "barryman" if it happens smiling bouncing smiley

I was there in 2010 and when I saw the amphitheater, I remember thinking... Stones! An incredible, unique site with so much history. Pompeii alone is gobsmacking. Add the Stones and it would be mindblowing. Yeah, I’d do anything to get in if it ever happens.

Date: January 1, 2018 19:08

SomeTorontoGirl
Wild Slivovitz
grzegorz67
Wild Slivovitz

I was there in 2010 and when I saw the amphitheater, I remember thinking... Stones! An incredible, unique site with so much history. Pompeii alone is gobsmacking. Add the Stones and it would be mindblowing. Yeah, I’d do anything to get in if it ever happens.

They never played in South Italy with one exception - 1982 - because there's not enough $ to get. A concert there in 2018, only 3/4 year after the latest Italian show would surely be nice, but it won't happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-01 19:09 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 1, 2018 19:43

Wild Slivovitz
grzegorz67
Wild Slivovitz

“Barry man”? That’s an Edinburgh expression, meaning ‘very good’ or ‘great’. Now that the Sliwowitz family has an Edinburgh connection, I can guess where you learnt that from grinning smiley. I just so hope that the rumoured Scottish gig is there and not Glasgow as Murrayfield is by a mile the best stadium in Scotland.

There’s always room for a ‘special show’ at a historic location and Italy has good recent form for this - Twice!! However, If Pompeii only holds 3,000, that would count against it unless they filmed it for a DVD release.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: January 1, 2018 19:55

georgelicks

U2 (biggest Universal profile band) sales of their last album released on a high sale climate few weeks ago are very disappointing.
There is no room anymore for classic rock.
Big sales are over now.
So a release date in spring, summer or fall doesn't matter anymore.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 1, 2018 20:46

Monsoon Ragoon
They never played in South Italy with one exception - 1982 - because there's not enough $ to get. A concert there in 2018, only 3/4 year after the latest Italian show would surely be nice, but it won't happen.

Barely into the New Year and already my hopes and dreams have been cruelly squished grinning smiley

Date: January 1, 2018 21:16

SomeTorontoGirl
Monsoon Ragoon

Barely into the New Year and already my hopes and dreams have been cruelly squished grinning smiley

I think a show in Pompeji is as likely as one in Sofia or Bratislava, sorry.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 2, 2018 00:01

Massimo68
georgelicks

U2 (biggest Universal profile band) sales of their last album released on a high sale climate few weeks ago are very disappointing.
Big sales are over now.

???

It was the largest sales week of any rock album in the US in 2017.
It sold 186000 in its first week and debuted at #1.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 2, 2018 00:38

Monsoon Ragoon
SomeTorontoGirl
Monsoon Ragoon

I think a show in Pompeji is as likely as one in Sofia or Bratislava, sorry.
Chuck knows the place. He played with Gilmour in 2016

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 2, 2018 00:55

Massimo68
georgelicks

Big sales are over now.

There are very few artists that sell a ton of copies when they release a new record these days. Compared to the past, obviously.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 2, 2018 01:33

BowieStone
Massimo68
georgelicks

Big sales are over now.

???

It was the largest sales week of any rock album in the US in 2017.
It sold 186000 in its first week and debuted at #1.

Yeah but like the current Stones album(hitting a wall??), U2 delayed a 2016 release because the political changes didn't blend with some of their new material. November 2018 seems likely.....thumbs up

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: January 2, 2018 08:31

If recent history is any indication, it seems the days of the stones playing small venues is over. The exception being for a invited audience such as the Fonda show. I assume this is due to the overhead cost of playing shows only every third day. I’m not complaining as I do understand this reality. However, as reality sinks in, this does make me wish I made the effort to see more of the Licks tour club shows! The lesson here is to make every effort to see them while
you can - even if you are joined by 80,000 other fans.

Date: January 2, 2018 09:03

The 2018 club shows will be in the (London) O2 I think.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home