Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 24, 2018 10:53

If I may offer Travelodge Whetstone as a suggestion for good value London accommodation. Being outer suburbs probably means a good rate. It's 5 mins to Totteridge and Whetstone tube station and thence 40 mins to Leicester Square. Was very poplar for the Olympics. By the way to the poster that wanted to hang around the Bands Hotel I think the principals will just go home. Ron and Mick definitely.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 24, 2018 11:13

NO WONDER !

NO WONDER! Mick can run the equivalent of 12 miles at each Stones live show - right back at Elementary School he broke the half-mile record and continues to run to this day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-24 11:18 by ErwinH.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 12:07

ErwinH
NO WONDER !

NO WONDER! Mick can run the equivalent of 12 miles at each Stones live show - right back at Elementary School he broke the half-mile record and continues to run to this day.

Elementary School? Surely they mean Primary School

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 24, 2018 12:19

Rollin92
ErwinH
NO WONDER !

Elementary School? Surely they mean Primary School

Primary School? Surely they mean Infants or Junior School?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 24, 2018 12:40

New posters in Dublin , from Boards.ie announcement 8am

[www.boards.ie]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 24, 2018 12:42

Lien

[www.boards.ie]

8am??? they're completely nuts…

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 24, 2018 12:46

slewan
Lien

[www.boards.ie]

9 o'clock in Germany,Poland etc.

Date: February 24, 2018 12:47

ErwinH
NO WONDER !

this is gonna be the NoNoNo-tour (oh no, not them again??)

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 24, 2018 12:49

Lien
slewan
Lien

[www.boards.ie]

9 o'clock in Germany,Poland etc.

yes, 9 am in Poland [www.rmfmaxxx.pl]

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: February 24, 2018 13:11

Perhaps the times mean that the tickets will go on sale right after their anouncement on Monday with staggered times.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 24, 2018 13:17

yes right, announcement is Monday 8 am British time and 9 am Central Europe time

Posted by: Stole ()
Date: February 24, 2018 13:31

I watched Stons in Belgrade 2007, Austria 2017 and I hope it will be now in Prague. I'm in wheelchairs so I would ask if you know who the organizer of the concert is telling me to contact him. or if you have any information about a concert in Prague because it is closest to me. I am from Novi Sad, Serbia

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right. I'm Jumpin' Stole Flash,
It's a Gas! Gas! Gas!

Date: February 24, 2018 13:33

ChrisMahavishnu
Perhaps the times mean that the tickets will go on sale right after their anouncement on Monday with staggered times.

very unlikely… the promotor's presale will come first, then the officially ticket seller's presale, then the ticket sales for the general public…
Plus people need to get prepared to spend their money. Nobody (excpet people like us) who will hear the news on the radio/(so called) social media etc, will get his credit card and buy some high price tickets right on the spot (before talking with his wife, his friends, without checking his bank account etc first)

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: February 24, 2018 13:46

Really looking forward to this. Hopefully Dublin gets announced as well

If it does, I’d imagine tickets will be on sale to the general public Thursday or Friday.

Luckily Tuesday is pay day >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 24, 2018 13:46

I think there will be a presale by the Stones-App. Like in 2017.
The sale for different shows might start at different time. Like in 2017.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 24, 2018 14:10

Curious why they would have that poster in Dublin if they don't have the green light.

As far as ticket sales, they could roll out the presales next week midweek and general sale Friday. But definitely not on Monday. There's usually a gap of a couple of days.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 14:11

CallM
Really looking forward to this. Hopefully Dublin gets announced as well

If it does, I’d imagine tickets will be on sale to the general public Thursday or Friday.

Luckily Tuesday is pay day >grinning smiley<

hopefully it will and tickets go on sale next week (got payed last thursdsy)

very unusual to have a sign with the date up and then announce something, unless there trying to get Irish fans to travel to the UK for gigs

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 24, 2018 14:12

Topi
Curious why they would have that poster in Dublin if they don't have the green light.

As far as ticket sales, they could roll out the presales next week midweek and general sale Friday. But definitely not on Monday. There's usually a gap of a couple of days.

Maybe they booked Aviva as well. If Croke is no go then they will play Aviva. It seems on Monday morning we might learn about Dublin but not the stadium just yet.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 24, 2018 14:16

Yeah, good thinking.

Date: February 24, 2018 14:26

Adams
Topi

Maybe they booked Aviva as well. If Croke is no go then they will play Aviva. It seems on Monday morning we might learn about Dublin but not the stadium just yet.

well, without fixing the venue they won't be able to sell tickets… (unless it's all GA)

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: February 24, 2018 14:55

any rumours or hints in birmingham itself ?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:09

Bristol hoteliers looking to benefit from potential Cardiff show, may be sorely disappointed...

[www.businessleader.co.uk]

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:13

Poster also in Manchester

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:30

Topi

If they don´t play at Croke Park they will play at an other venue

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:48

thomas guitar
Topi

It's good to play there, it's good to play anywhere...

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:48

thomas guitar
Topi

logistics ???

unless they have the Aviva stage plan organised behind closed doors

Could they maybe sell tickets to croke park but only sell something like 45000 (which is the capcity of the aviva for concerts) til its given the green light and than sell the rest. I imagine trading seated tickets between 2 different venues would be difficult

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:51

Tickets are very often printed with "subject to license" whilst these permits are being finalized.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:52

slewan
Adams
Topi

well, without fixing the venue they won't be able to sell tickets… (unless it's all GA)
Seems likely sales will go on later than other venues, with a TBD asterisk.
If they have a back-up site in place, which they must, it won't be a big deal as I expect they will stagger sales for a few of the shows.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: February 24, 2018 15:57

Stole
I watched Stons in Belgrade 2007, Austria 2017 and I hope it will be now in Prague. I'm in wheelchairs so I would ask if you know who the organizer of the concert is telling me to contact him. or if you have any information about a concert in Prague because it is closest to me. I am from Novi Sad, Serbia

Hi Stole, I am quite sure there will be a wheelchair platform with dedicated tickets as this is a standard at Letnany site. I can also help with the promoter once the announcement is out if necessary.

A few more thoughts re Letnany site
- the set-up will be likely similar to Spielberg (field), which I prefer sound-wise as you don't get echo bounces from the tribunes. However, I understand it might not be to everyone's taste
- place is quite tested, number of big concerts/festivals have happened here over last 10 years. Never had issues with mud, hope it will hold.
- logistics there will be fine as it's well connected to public transport/highway. Getting out is slow as at any big event but nothing too horrendous...
- tickets should be easy to get, nothing sold out instantly in this place. Fastest were AC/DC in ~2months with similar capacity but arguably cheaper tickets.

Cheers

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: February 24, 2018 17:03

Any idea on rough prices im looking to go to a london show

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...109110111112113114115116117118119...LastNext
Current Page: 114 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10