Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:52

MisterDDDD
justeillusion
Marseille not n'est plus une rumeur Gerard Drouot producteur du concert Marseille... Et production très sérieuse 20 concerts avec eux 2016 et 2017 dont 2 stade de France!

Google translate:
Marseille not is no longer a rumor GDP producer of Marseille concert ... And very serious production 20 concerts with them 2016 and 2017 including 2 stadium of France

Still didn't make sense. cool smiley
Beaucoup de sens sur site Facebook il a dit que Marseille était une très belle ville. GDP à raté de peut la dernière tournée des stones pour les dates française..

Posted by: doorStone ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:52

Does anyone know anything about the rumor of a return of Bill Wyman to the band to play in some UK concerts?

doorStone

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 19:57

Don't believe the Wyman thing for a second. Dude's 82 soon. That ship sailed.

But hey, here's something to talk about for the weekend, eh?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 23, 2018 20:00

doorStone
Does anyone know anything about the rumor of a return of Bill Wyman to the band to play in some UK concerts?

He wasn't very nice after the 2012 O2 shows. No way Jagger invites the old moaning bastard. Also he left his Rhythm Kings, a sign he's now really too old to do shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 20:02 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 23, 2018 20:00

doorStone
No, but would love it.
Seems extremely unlikely, but what a treat that would be.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 23, 2018 20:13

Topi
[www.98fm.com]

** Croke Park Residents Complaining About Extra Gigs.. Told To Stop Whinging **
This morning on Dublin Talks we spoke to a resident from the Croke Park area who doesn't want more gigs taking place in the stadium this summer.

He wasn't expecting the response her got, however. Other listeners from the area who phoned in said its time to "stop whinging" and get on with it..

Things got a bit heated. Listen back here >>>>>>>>>>>

Immediately after the license gets granted someone should post out copies of the Altamont gig to these worried residents.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 23, 2018 20:32

Hairball
justeillusion
with the tongue now [www.forrestgroup.co.uk]

thumbs up

Alternating between the vague 'No Stopping' and the new 'No Stopping' tongue version...looks like my prediction was right!

Spoken in the voice of Nostradamus:

"More gradual changes to the banner in the days to come, and very soon the exact date shall be revealed.
On the date of February 26 in the year 2018, all will be known, followed immediately by a mad scramble for tickets."

winking smiley

Spoken in voice of very Special Agent No. 99, Mr. Maxwell Smart: He who travels to Europe in summer automatically sees Rolling Stones no matter what.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 23, 2018 20:36

Healy52003
bv
Monday is tour announcement day.

what about Dublin with all the resident objections ??

announce the show and hope a deal is struck ?

Monday is tour announcement day. smoking smiley

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: February 23, 2018 20:37

Stonesfan2146
I'm really excited - last tour was great with Hamburg being my home town and the tour opener plus Spielberg (with mud but huge concert) and Lucca (simply beautiful); it was a great time and I have so many good memories.
I plan to do three shows with my father and a few friends, maybe Berlin, Prague and Warsaw. That will be at the end of the tour this time where they are wamed up.

Thank you to Bv for all the great work at this point! You are truely adding your not so small bit to the Rolling Stones' legacy. When I briefly met you last year I couldn't really say that as I'm a rather shy and introverted person.

A full new tour in sight with announcement in a few days, all Stones healthy and in good shape and it's 2018 - thats as good as it gets pre concert!

I wish you all the best in the next days of booking and arranging around the dates

I can only fully agree on all words in bold. Thank you bv and all this really nice people here. Although I joined the Stones track only a few yrs ago, I do feel very comfortable here.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 23, 2018 20:38

shattered
Hairball
justeillusion

thumbs up

Alternating between the vague 'No Stopping' and the new 'No Stopping' tongue version...looks like my prediction was right!

"More gradual changes to the banner in the days to come, and very soon the exact date shall be revealed.
On the date of February 26 in the year 2018, all will be known, followed immediately by a mad scramble for tickets."

winking smiley

Spoken in voice of very Special Agent No. 99, Mr. Maxwell Smart: He who travels to Europe in summer automatically sees Rolling Stones no matter what.[/[/b]quote]

99? That was Max's wife. Agent 86! Would you believe.....?

Date: February 23, 2018 20:49

BluzDude
shattered
Hairball
justeillusion

thumbs up

winking smiley

Spoken in voice of very Special Agent No. 99, Mr. Maxwell Smart: He who travels to Europe in summer automatically sees Rolling Stones no matter what.[/[/b]quote]

99? That was Max's wife. Agent 86! Would you believe.....?

Yep, sorry, I got my Special Agent's mixed up. Who was the guy inside the ball return at the bowling alley? Was it No. 13?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:09

Welsh Stone
grzegorz67
Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
Topi
It's not the resident's decision in Dublin is it? They can meet all the want but it's the council that has final say.

We might see a tour announced sans Dublin on Monday. Or with Dublin TBC.

Thats correct. Obviously there WILL be objections (there'll be people who will object to ANY concert in their neighbourhood) but its the councils who weigh it all up and make the decision on the licencing application.

Likewise with Twickenham.

And so too Murrayfield, which only hosts 2 or 3 shows a year.

Of course - same with every outdoor show - although what I was emphasising was that Croke Park and Twickenham are the only shows (that we know of) were there appears to be an issue with getting a licence approved because theyve exceeded the maximum number of shows allowed.

Murrayfield and Twickenham (and perhaps Croke Park too) are in upmarket residential areas with strong local objections and usually place a strict limit on the number of concerts that can be held there. There's never an issue with the likes of Hampden, Wembley or the Principality as they are all well used venues and a gig is just another event to add to the many so water off a duck's back to the locals.

Given its capacity, city centre location and lack of local residents issues, it would make it even more strange if the Principality Stadium doesn't get a show.

Best big stadium in the UK by a country mile if you ask me. Negotiations have clearly been taking place re a gig there so it has to come down to not coming up with enough ££££££. I was at the ABB show in 2006 and loved it as a venue.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:09

Announcement Monday, ticket sales to kick off Tuesday?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:11

Who was the guy inside the ball return at the bowling alley? Was it No. 13?

I think so, he also spent a lot of time in mail boxes...

CHIEF: Max, this is a dead KAOS agent, empty the pockets
MAX: Comb, toothbrush, gun, keys to my apartment....
CHIEF: Max, what's he doing with the key's to your apartment?
MAX: Oh, you said empty HIS pockets! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 21:13 by BluzDude.

Date: February 23, 2018 21:16

BluzDude

CHIEF: Max, this is a dead KAOS agent, empty the pockets
MAX: Comb, toothbrush, gun, keys to my apartment....
CHIEF: Max, what's he doing with the key's to your apartment?
MAX: Oh, you said empty HIS pockets! grinning smiley

smiling smiley What a scream! Did this show ever reference the Stones? Larry Storch (spelling?)smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:17

shattered
Hairball
justeillusion

thumbs up

winking smiley

Spoken in voice of very Special Agent No. 99, Mr. Maxwell Smart: He who travels to Europe in summer automatically sees Rolling Stones no matter what.

Sounds like a quote from Confucius. smiling smiley

On the Stones, Confucius says: "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop". NO STOPPING!!!

(Actual quote c. 500 BC)

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:34

BluzDude

... and ice machines, washing machines, cigarette machines, trash cans, litter boxes, potted plants, and Chief's wall safe:

MAX: It's awfully small. Tell me, 13, how did you get in there?
AGENT 13: The Chief gave me the combination.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:45

DeanGoodman
BluzDude

... and ice machines, washing machines, cigarette machines, trash cans, litter boxes, potted plants, and Chief's wall safe:

MAX: It's awfully small. Tell me, 13, how did you get in there?
AGENT 13: The Chief gave me the combination.

Missed it by THAT much. grinning smiley

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:48

Mr Jimmy
Gazza
Healy52003
Irix
NickB

Sorry this may have been mentioned before but any idea of Ticket prices?

See here - but with Caution: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

holy @#$%&
€320- Cat 1
€220- Cat 2
€150- Standing

Not official prices, but secondary market prices.

There'll probably be about two or three ticket prices for standing areas alone, ranging from 'hmmm, not bad' to 'you must be f***ing joking' .

And there should be Lucky Dip tickets of course, which will be the cheapest of all and most likely double figures per ticket, not treble.

Yeah, I'm thinking the following might be about right for standing tickets:

Rear standing / GA £80-£90
Front Standing / Golden Circle £120-£140
Pit tickets £350-£450

Pit tickets for Munich last year were €800 = £700. Much cheaper elsewhere.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 23, 2018 21:51

thecitadel
Mr Jimmy
Gazza
Healy52003
Irix
NickB

Sorry this may have been mentioned before but any idea of Ticket prices?

See here - but with Caution: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

holy @#$%&
€320- Cat 1
€220- Cat 2
€150- Standing

Not official prices, but secondary market prices.

There'll probably be about two or three ticket prices for standing areas alone, ranging from 'hmmm, not bad' to 'you must be f***ing joking' .

And there should be Lucky Dip tickets of course, which will be the cheapest of all and most likely double figures per ticket, not treble.

Yeah, I'm thinking the following might be about right for standing tickets:

Rear standing / GA £80-£90
Front Standing / Golden Circle £120-£140
Pit tickets £350-£450

Pit tickets for Munich last year were €800 = £700. Much cheaper elsewhere.

same for DÜsseldorf and Hamburg…

Date: February 23, 2018 21:56

next NO-Tweet by our favorite band – this time mentioning a tour

NO BUSTING THE CRUST! On every tour, the one thing @officialKeef must have in his dressing room, is his beloved Shepherd’s Pie. Strict instructions - no one is to ‘bust the crust’ but Keith. The first slice is his slice.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 23, 2018 22:00

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 22:01 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 23, 2018 22:29

MisterDDDD
doorStone
No, but would love it.
thumbs up

Date: February 23, 2018 22:33

Quique-stone
MisterDDDD
doorStone
No, but would love it.
thumbs up

the only way to get him on stage with the Stones again is to officially admid that he had more girls than the rest of the band combined AND that he wrote at least half of the Stones songs, including all the hits…

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 23, 2018 22:47

This will be my first trip to London. Of course no one knows the venue til Monday, but is Stratford a good place to stay in general, easy to get to city center, O2 or London Stadium? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Posted by: Bushfire ()
Date: February 23, 2018 22:51

bv
Monday is tour announcement day.

Thank you!

Date: February 23, 2018 22:52

GAFF
This will be my first trip to London. Of course no one knows the venue til Monday, but is Stratford a good place to stay in general, easy to get to city center, O2 or London Stadium? Any help is greatly appreciated!

1st rule: if you travel to London take money with you, a lot of money
2nd rule: if you have things to do in the heart of the London try to find accomodation as near as possible (in case you can afford it; if not, see: 1st rule)
I'd say Stratford is a little far outide – 35 min ride with the tube to get to teh center, definitely too much

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 23, 2018 22:54

GAFF

Stratford is about 18 minutes away from central London with "central line" underground service from Stratford station. Very easy to reach central London.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 22:57 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 23, 2018 22:59

GAFF

The Olympic stadium in London can be reached by train from St Pancras station in central London in ten minutes.There are too many great areas of London to mention but I would not want to stay in Stratford.I guess it depends what you want to do with your spare time as to where you might choose to stay.

Nate

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 23, 2018 23:02

slewan
GAFF

1st rule: if you travel to London take money with you, a lot of money
2nd rule: if you have things to do in the heart of the London try to find accomodation as near as possible (in case you can afford it; if not, see: 1st rule)
I'd say Stratford is a little far outide – 35 min ride with the tube to get to teh center, definitely too much

London doesn’t have to be expensive. Plan your trip and where you eat and drink and it can be reasonable. Try going to Oslo and doing that!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117...LastNext
Current Page: 112 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home