Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:19

Happy24
mikey C
Just Popped up In The Main newspaper in Prague...Show is on for The 4th of July!!!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!!!

Do you mean Lidove Noviny? The link bellow? It only refers to iorr.org. I can't find anything else in Czech on the internet right now. It is starnge that Czech Repulic is probably the only rumoured coutry where the signs haven't popped up yet. I hope it is not a bad sign

[www.lidovky.cz]

Edit: Okay, denik.cz also has an article on this subject, but again, it only refers to iorr.org

What about the link [www.rollingstonespraha.cz] Is this something official or just a whizzkid building his own fan site?

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:19

According to Principality Stadium Events team, discussions are still currently ongoing as of today...maybe just maybe

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:26

jackflash27
Happy24
mikey C
Just Popped up In The Main newspaper in Prague...Show is on for The 4th of July!!!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!!!

Do you mean Lidove Noviny? The link bellow? It only refers to iorr.org. I can't find anything else in Czech on the internet right now. It is starnge that Czech Repulic is probably the only rumoured coutry where the signs haven't popped up yet. I hope it is not a bad sign

[www.lidovky.cz]

Edit: Okay, denik.cz also has an article on this subject, but again, it only refers to iorr.org

What about the link [www.rollingstonespraha.cz] Is this something official or just a whizzkid building his own fan site?

Impossible to say right now, I guess. nostopping.cz leads you to this site, which is "under construction," but that's it for now.
mickey C's post suggests that some newspaper reports it as certainity, which is strange, since it is quite unlikely taht it would be in some printed newspaper and nowhere on the internet. I really would like to know where he got it. I hope he is right!

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:28

Is there still a chance that they will do Stuttgart on 23/6 (on the way down to Marseille) and Berlin on 30/6 (then on to CZ, PL), which seems to make more sense logistically?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:30

NickB

Sorry this may have been mentioned before but any idea of Ticket prices?

See here - but with Caution: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:36

dcba
Gazza
Monsoon Ragoon
Nate
slewan
I really wonder if they're able to sell out three stadiums in/around London.
Maybe the just announce one or two of these shows first and see how they sell…

London is one of the richest cities in the world with plenty of people who have buckets of cash to throw around.
All these shows will be full.

Nate

Even in 1982 with ridiculous cheap ticket prices there were only two London shows. I don't know if they sell out three stadium shows with 10-20 as high prices in the middle of the Brexit crisis.

There is no 'Brexit crisis'. If shows dont sell well, it'll simply be because there are too many of them and the tickets are too expensive.

Absolutely and sheere logic should tell us that the Pound went down by 10% against the € after the Brexit that means the 2018 UK tix will be 10% cheaper for fans based in the Eurozone.

And thats proof of a 'crisis' ? How the price of tickets are affected for fans outside the UK has no bearing on anyone living in the UK itself.

There may very well be an economic downturn after we leave the EU next year. There hasnt been one yet. Simple as that.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:39

Gazza
dcba
Gazza
Monsoon Ragoon
Nate
slewan
I really wonder if they're able to sell out three stadiums in/around London.
Maybe the just announce one or two of these shows first and see how they sell…

London is one of the richest cities in the world with plenty of people who have buckets of cash to throw around.
All these shows will be full.

Nate

Even in 1982 with ridiculous cheap ticket prices there were only two London shows. I don't know if they sell out three stadium shows with 10-20 as high prices in the middle of the Brexit crisis.

There is no 'Brexit crisis'. If shows dont sell well, it'll simply be because there are too many of them and the tickets are too expensive.

Absolutely and sheere logic should tell us that the Pound went down by 10% against the € after the Brexit that means the 2018 UK tix will be 10% cheaper for fans based in the Eurozone.

And thats proof of a 'crisis' ? How the price of tickets are affected for fans outside the UK has no bearing on anyone living in the UK itself.

There may very well be an economic downturn after we leave the EU next year. There hasnt been one yet. Simple as that.

The hype machine is just about to launch, these gigs will sell with no problem, the most enticing band in the world... when you think they are 'competing' with Ed Sheeran/Foo Fighters/Taylor Swift, there is no contest.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:40

Irix
NickB

holy @#$%&
€320- Cat 1
€220- Cat 2
€150- Standing

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:40

Irix
NickB

Thank you Irix. I now need to save up...

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:42

Healy52003
Irix
NickB

holy @#$%&
€320- Cat 1
€220- Cat 2
€150- Standing

These are scalpers' prices. The real prices will be most likely lower. Not like 50% less, more like 50 Euro less per ticket.

Date: February 23, 2018 15:47

NickB

Cheers

Nick

Historically, the UK tends to get it in the neck for Stones ticket prices compared to the continent.

However, we're talking about them trying to shift maybe 400,000 tickets - and unlike many recent UK tours, the stadium shows wont be all seated.

Something has to give, surely.

Date: February 23, 2018 15:50

Topi
It's not the resident's decision in Dublin is it? They can meet all the want but it's the council that has final say.

We might see a tour announced sans Dublin on Monday. Or with Dublin TBC.

Thats correct. Obviously there WILL be objections (there'll be people who will object to ANY concert in their neighbourhood) but its the councils who weigh it all up and make the decision on the licencing application.

Likewise with Twickenham.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:52

Gazza
Topi
It's not the resident's decision in Dublin is it? They can meet all the want but it's the council that has final say.

Thats correct. Obviously there WILL be objections (there'll be people who will object to ANY concert in their neighbourhood) but its the councils who weigh it all up and make the decision on the licencing application.

And so too Murrayfield, which only hosts 2 or 3 shows a year.

Date: February 23, 2018 15:54

Healy52003
Irix
NickB

holy @#$%&
€320- Cat 1
€220- Cat 2
€150- Standing

Not official prices, but secondary market prices.

There'll probably be about two or three ticket prices for standing areas alone, ranging from 'hmmm, not bad' to 'you must be f***ing joking' .

And there should be Lucky Dip tickets of course, which will be the cheapest of all and most likely double figures per ticket, not treble.

Date: February 23, 2018 15:56

grzegorz67
Gazza
Topi

Of course - same with every outdoor show - although what I was emphasising was that Croke Park and Twickenham are the only shows (that we know of) were there appears to be an issue with getting a licence approved because theyve exceeded the maximum number of shows allowed.

Date: February 23, 2018 15:58

StonesSmeth99
Is there still a chance that they will do Stuttgart on 23/6 (on the way down to Marseille) and Berlin on 30/6 (then on to CZ, PL), which seems to make more sense logistically?
That scalper website had those dates. Ofcourse i trust bv more

Date: February 23, 2018 16:02

CallM
Adrian-L
I don't "get" their apparent determination to book Croke if it's going to cause so many issues. Surely Aviva would be a less controversial & easier all round choice of location?

I can only see capacity (more money) as the reason for Croke being picked ahead of the Aviva. Unless the Pro14 final being held there on May 26th had anything to do with it. But that’d be a bit of a stretch.

Mark

100%. It holds 30,000 more.

Probably wont affect the Stones' take so much as they'll get a guaranteed amount anyway, but if youre a promoter and you're paying out millions of euro to a huge act and have the choice of a 80,000 seater or a 50,000 seater, then its a no-brainer. If they need to pad it out with a few cheaper tickets, so be it. They're still quids (or Euros) in.

Date: February 23, 2018 16:06

Gazza
grzegorz67
Gazza
Topi

Of course - same with every outdoor show - although what I was emphasising was that Croke Park and Twickenham are the only shows (that we know of) were there appears to be an issue with getting a licence approved because theyve exceeded the maximum number of shows allowed.

Murrayfield and Twickenham (and perhaps Croke Park too) are in upmarket residential areas with strong local objections and usually place a strict limit on the number of concerts that can be held there. There's never an issue with the likes of Hampden, Wembley or the Principality as they are all well used venues and a gig is just another event to add to the many so water off a duck's back to the locals.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 16:14

bv
Monday is tour announcement day.

CANNOT WAIT!!! Ah hope to get tickets for all three London shows (Lived in London for 9 years now)

Any ideas on where those May London shows will be?? 02 Arena or Olympic stadium?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 16:18

The smart money says Olympic Stadium. Why would they have an arena stage/PA setup for just 2 shows on a 14-15 show tour?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 23, 2018 16:23

[instagram.fpoa8-2.fna.fbcdn.net][/img]

I-is th-th-this Du-Du-Dublin? I mean, how can we know unless anybody tells?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 16:26 by noughties.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 23, 2018 16:30

You are almost certainly right but there is still chatter about 02

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 23, 2018 16:32

Rollin92
According to Principality Stadium Events team, discussions are still currently ongoing as of today...maybe just maybe

Will be holding on for this Rollin! Fingers crossed!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 23, 2018 16:36

Looking very much forward to the tour, hoping to do 10 shows!

Date: February 23, 2018 16:41

JumpinJeppeFlash
Looking very much forward to the tour, hoping to do 10 shows!

Welcome back Jeppesmileys with beer

Date: February 23, 2018 16:56

Unfortunately they only cite iorr.org as the source, they do not have any other evidence that the show in Prague is on.

I am also looking forward if the show in Prague happens, as it is my home town smiling smiley

jackflash27
Happy24
mikey C

[www.lidovky.cz]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:02

Topi
Pro tip: also use the presales winking smiley

Definitely have at least two laptops fired up at the same time, along with a smartphone.

And yes, have patience, don't panic. I learned that the hard way with Paris 2 last year. It all worked out in the end though and I ended up where I wanted.

Multiple browsers on multiple laptops. I have 3 laptops with Chrome, Firefox and IE. The issue is running 9 sessions at the same time.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:04

A tour without Spain/Portugal, Netherlands/Belgium and Scandinavia. That's pretty strange. Reality or will there be one, two surprises until early next week?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:08

Many Thanks grzegorz!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 17:09 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: February 23, 2018 17:10

CallM
Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Haha this is right across the road my apartment building.

Great news about Monday bv. Thanks again for the update.

Hopefully with the croker residents it’s a case of majority rules, and the majority are stones fans

Wanna see here your own pics if possible.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home