Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: February 23, 2018 13:40

slewan
10. PATIENCE – don't buy shitty seats because it seems like all good seats are gone. Most likely some of them return in a few minutes/hours/days/weeks…

That's the most important rule, indeed.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2018 13:43

Monday

Bjornulf

Date: February 23, 2018 13:45

slewan
next reseller/scalper jumping on the train: [www.prestigetickets.de]

But WATCH OUT: they don't know anything beside the dates – the just used the layout that was anvertised in 2017 and put in the venues (Pit as a box in front of stage, not devided by the catwalk…) and tickets are heavely overpriced, of course…
and their dates are wrong!

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 23, 2018 13:48

No Stopping adds seen at train station in Katowice as well as public transportation in Lodz and Wroclaw. All over Poland, basically.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 13:52

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 23, 2018 13:55

wickerman
No Stopping adds seen at train station in Katowice as well as public transportation in Lodz and Wroclaw. All over Poland, basically.

That's what I expected. See above. Doesn't mean Chorzow, Lodz or Wroclaw get their own shows, let alone replace Warsaw ;-)

Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: February 23, 2018 13:58

slewan
10. PATIENCE – don't buy shitty seats because it seems like all good seats are gone. Most likely some of them return in a few minutes/hours/days/weeks…

Could not agree more.

Most of the time these days they seem to keep back a very large percentage of tickets and release them slowly over days, weeks and even months. This makes it look like the show is sold out very quickly and creates more demand (and desperation) I suppose. Maybe they also do it to mess with the secondary resales market, who knows.

For example, a couple of years ago I picked up a perfect seat near the stage for Neil Young at the O2 about a month before the show (and 6 months after the tickets had first gone on sale and 'sold out'.

Also, I was just looking at some of the Dylan shows in Italy in April and several rows of seats right in front of the stage (first 10 rows) have just been released (one or two months after these shows first went on sale).

Always worth waiting and checking back often if you do not get what you want on the first day. In fact, the more I do this the more I think it's hardly worth even bothering with the (sometimes significant) pain of trying to get tickets on the first day!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:11

grzegorz67
slewan

Very good point.
Yep. As I've mentioned before: Last year you could buy regular tix for GA for Arnhem and Düsseldorf on the day before the show. They popped up at TM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 14:14 by MAF.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:15

bv
Monday

The announcement or the debate in Dublin?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:15

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:17

Happened to me today....Bob Dylan is playing in Brno,Czech Republic April 15th A Smallish venue Capacity 3,000 it Sold Out 2 month's ago...I always see Bob here since I have been living here since 1994...Anyway.Yesterday they added more ticket's not a lot maybe a 100....So,I picked one up this morning which I am pleased about....If not on the First attempt....Ticket's can be had....No sighting's in Prague for No Stopping Poster's....I think this weekend anyway...Peace

Date: February 23, 2018 14:20

Having The Rolling Stones circus in town i.e. a show is like hosting the Olympics. Some feel it is great, and work hard to get it. Others reject and feel it is a waste of space and time and money. The city council might agree to pay a bit adding to the total, like they some times do in Spain (Malaga, El Ejido etc), while others don't care at all, or even ignore (like Valladolid said no when they rescheduled).

Fact is The Rolling Stones bring in a lot of positivity to any city. Just ask anyone in Lucca, Arnhem and so on. While the politicians in some cities discuss if they would allow the greatest rock'n'roll band to perform way into bedtime for their elders, like 10:30pm or even 11pm, others do see the unique opportunity.

I wish I could be the fly on the wall behind the closed doors at the city counsils. I bet they have quite hefty discussions.

Bjornulf

Date: February 23, 2018 14:21

Monday is tour announcement day.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:31

Just Popped up In The Main newspaper in Prague...Show is on for The 4th of July!!!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!!!

Date: February 23, 2018 14:32

bv

what about Dublin with all the resident objections ??

announce the show and hope a deal is struck ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 14:36 by Healy52003.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:36

Healy52003
bv

announce the shoe and hope a deal is struck ?

Yeah, I still reckon the residents will go for it but announcing something Monday and then the residents meeting later in the day? That's 'courageous'. By which I mean daft...

We've got a promoter playing a game of chicken with a Residents Association who've nothing to lose.

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:39

Cristiano Radtke

[www.instagram.com]

Haha this is right across the road my apartment building.

Great news about Monday bv. Thanks again for the update.

Hopefully with the croker residents it’s a case of majority rules, and the majority are stones fans

Date: February 23, 2018 14:40

textmonkey
Healy52003
bv

Yeah, I still reckon the residents will go for it but announcing something Monday and then the residents meeting later in the day? That's 'courageous'. By which I mean daft...

We've got a promoter playing a game of chicken with a Residents Association who've nothing to lose.

reckon the residents might not know the announcement is possibly Monday

Aviva has 2 free concert dates and the next game there is not til 26th May.

Aiken could really @#$%& up there reputation more If they end up selling tickets and then the show is cancelled

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:41

working at the o2 this weekend. I will ask around backstage if that is the planned venue then again we will all know on monday

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:41

I'm really excited - last tour was great with Hamburg being my home town and the tour opener plus Spielberg (with mud but huge concert) and Lucca (simply beautiful); it was a great time and I have so many good memories.
I plan to do three shows with my father and a few friends, maybe Berlin, Prague and Warsaw. That will be at the end of the tour this time where they are wamed up.

Thank you to Bv for all the great work at this point! You are truely adding your not so small bit to the Rolling Stones' legacy. When I briefly met you last year I couldn't really say that as I'm a rather shy and introverted person.

A full new tour in sight with announcement in a few days, all Stones healthy and in good shape and it's 2018 - thats as good as it gets pre concert!

I wish you all the best in the next days of booking and arranging around the dates.

Date: February 23, 2018 14:46

Healy52003
textmonkey
Healy52003
bv

Aiken could really @#$%& up there reputation more If they end up selling tickets and then the show is cancelled

that's exactly what I mean; posters have gone up, there's a marketing sequence started and that youtube video that'll be uploaded on Monday (if previous ones are anything to go by) for the announcement/itinerary will state the Venue *and* the city. The ticketing plan, and pricing plan is based on an 80K gate, not a Landsdowne road gate...

they can't just change stadia that easily.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:51

Healy52003
textmonkey
Healy52003
bv

They wont if both the tour announcement and residents meeting take place on Monday. They dont sell tickets straight away.

Date: February 23, 2018 14:54

yebbut assuming the announcment - for a European Tour - is early-ish in the day, (and the form of announcement has tended to be the youtube video and release of a full itinerary) there's a lag of a few hours before it'll be known if Dublin is a go, right?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 23, 2018 14:54

Gazza
Monsoon Ragoon
Nate
slewan
I really wonder if they're able to sell out three stadiums in/around London.
Maybe the just announce one or two of these shows first and see how they sell…

London is one of the richest cities in the world with plenty of people who have buckets of cash to throw around.
All these shows will be full.

Nate

Even in 1982 with ridiculous cheap ticket prices there were only two London shows. I don't know if they sell out three stadium shows with 10-20 as high prices in the middle of the Brexit crisis.

There is no 'Brexit crisis'. If shows dont sell well, it'll simply be because there are too many of them and the tickets are too expensive.

Absolutely and sheere logic should tell us that the Pound went down by 10% against the € after the Brexit that means the 2018 UK tix will be 10% cheaper for fans based in the Eurozone.

[www.jovanovic.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:01

It's not the resident's decision in Dublin is it? They can meet all the want but it's the council that has final say.

We might see a tour announced sans Dublin on Monday. Or with Dublin TBC.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:05

So the rumoured shows in Edinburgh, Birmingham and Southampton are still without a date or even approximate date. Anyone close to the action any clues there?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:05

Seen no posters in Brum.thumbs down

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:06

bv
Monday

... at sister Suzy's ball
Tuesday, at the old dance hall
Wednesday, at the road house inn
Thursday, at the lion's den
Friday, at the chatter box
Saturday and Sunday, everybody rocks
Seven nights to rock
I got seven nights to roll
Seven nights, I'm gonna have a whirl
Seven nights with a different girl
Seven nights to rock
I got seven nights to roll

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:11

Sorry this may have been mentioned before but any idea of Ticket prices?

Cheers

Nick

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 23, 2018 15:12

mikey C
Just Popped up In The Main newspaper in Prague...Show is on for The 4th of July!!!!!!!!! Sweet!!!!!!

Do you mean Lidove Noviny? The link bellow? It only refers to iorr.org. I can't find anything else in Czech on the internet right now. It is starnge that Czech Repulic is probably the only rumoured coutry where the signs haven't popped up yet. I hope it is not a bad sign

[www.lidovky.cz]

Edit: Okay, denik.cz also has an article on this subject, but again, it only refers to iorr.org

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 15:17 by Happy24.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...104105106107108109110111112113114...LastNext
Current Page: 109 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home