Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 22, 2018 22:39

Topi
Tomorrow: YES? winking smiley

don't forget: 'No' doesn't mean 'yes'

beside that: there's not enough media hype yet for an offical tour announcement. Expect for some fan sites (most of) the press is very silent, no hints, no nothing

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 22:42

Yeah I believe they'll announce next week. Was betting on Wednesday 28th earlier but that might be off. Monday is a good day to announce, eh?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2018 22:42

Travman87
So so so so excited for this tour. It's been 5 years since I last saw the greatest band ever live at Hyde Park 1 so another show is majorly needed. Hopefully I get to see them at all London shows.
Already have a ticket for Taylor Swift (Don't judge) at Wembley on June 23rd so glad Twickenham show 2 won't happen on that date haha.

Very excited as well!!
No judgement on preferring Taylor Swift over a 2nd Twickenham date.
Really glad for you that you can now take your daughter/wife/niece to her show.cool smiley

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 22, 2018 22:47

Topi
Yeah I believe they'll announce next week. Was betting on Wednesday 28th earlier but that might be off. Monday is a good day to announce, eh?
They should do it tomorrow and get us all fired up for the weekend!

Date: February 22, 2018 22:49

I guess they'll follow a similar pattern as last year
day 1 – offical announement
day 2 – dates and shows appearing on the ticket seller's websites
day 3 – pre-sale of the major sponsor
day 4 – pre-sale on the offically ticket seller's website
day 5 – tickets go on sale for everybody

(day 3-99 – extremly overpriced tickets will appear on ebay and the secondary markets…)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 22:51 by slewan.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 22, 2018 22:52

slewan
Irix
New Teaser:

[Twitter.com]

another 'NO'
Well as the Tour is set to be called NO STOPPING then I'm sure you'll get a STOPPING soon.

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 22:54

Yeah it looks like it will almost certainly not be an announcement tomorrow. There twitter and facebook pages would have made a statement about a big thing happening if there was to be an announcement the next day...........

Date: February 22, 2018 22:54

geordiestone
slewan
Irix
New Teaser:

[Twitter.com]

another 'NO'
Well as the Tour is set to be called NO STOPPING then I'm sure you'll get a STOPPING soon.

plus a parking meter to be filled with all our money sad smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2018 22:57

Interesting that there hasn't been much press, if any at all...usually at the slightest hint of even a rumour we see headlines like "Old Time Rockers Set To Tour" and "Rolling Stones Gather No Moss", etc., etc., etc.

WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?!!!

Date: February 22, 2018 23:03

Hairball
Interesting that there hasn't been much press, if any at all...usually at the slightest hint of even a rumour we see headlines like "Old Time Rockers Set To Tour" and "Rolling Stones Gather No Moss", etc., etc., etc.

WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR?!!!

maybe the press has been learing? Remember that there were quite a few reports on Cardiff. Well, Cardiff lost…
(with Bob Dylan shows there seems to be a pattern: the promotor who spreads news too early is usually 'punish' by the show being moved to somewhere else)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 23:05 by slewan.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:04

Last year, was there a headline like that? I remember single city newspapers like in Munich hinting about shows but it wasn't like there was a "generic" article about the Stones going on tour.

Frankly, the rumors which really built up in late April (from April 27th onwards) and the announcement on May 9 came as somewhat of a surprise.

What is true now, however, is how surprisingly quiet the British media is. Croke Park/Dublin has been out there for a long time, but nearly nothing in England.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 23:05 by Topi.

Date: February 22, 2018 23:06

geordiestone
Topi

Been rumoured (several sources) that the announcement will be on the 26th @9 cet
(midnight here in my US zone).. I'll be up late just in case...

Date: February 22, 2018 23:09

MisterDDDD
geordiestone
Topi

Been rumoured (several sources) that the announcement will be on the 26th @9 cet

I guess [doctorstonesblog.blogspot.de] had that rumor first.
But today bv mentioned that an announcement might be made tomorrow. Personally I'm not sure, but bv is a very relaiable soure (to say the least)

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:12

slewan
MisterDDDD
geordiestone
Topi

But today bv mentioned that an announcement might be made tomorrow. Personally I'm not sure, but bv is a very relaiable soure (to say the least)

... tomorrow or Monday or early next week. But I too have the impression it will be tomorrow.

But pleeeze: not at 9 AM CET - that's office-working hours just beginning ... hope the boss doesn't notice, hehehe ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 23:12 by waterrats.

Date: February 22, 2018 23:17

waterrats
slewan
MisterDDDD
geordiestone
Topi

... tomorrow or Monday or early next week. But I too have the impression it will be tomorrow.

But pleeeze: not at 9 AM CET - that's office-working hours just beginning ... hope the boss doesn't notice, hehehe ...

the exact time of the announcement does not matter at all – since nothing will happen right afterwards (beside the media hype of course). The tickets won't go on sale immediately

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 23:18 by slewan.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:21

Yes but last year tickets went on sale at 9am CET and if that's Monday to Friday then a lot of people are at a disadvantage when trying purchase tickets as they have work commitments.

Nate

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:23

Monsoon Ragoon
Nate
slewan
I really wonder if they're able to sell out three stadiums in/around London.
Maybe the just announce one or two of these shows first and see how they sell…

London is one of the richest cities in the world with plenty of people who have buckets of cash to throw around.
All these shows will be full.

Nate

Even in 1982 with ridiculous cheap ticket prices there were only two London shows. I don't know if they sell out three stadium shows with 10-20 as high prices in the middle of the Brexit crisis.

There is no 'Brexit crisis'. If shows dont sell well, it'll simply be because there are too many of them and the tickets are too expensive.

10 stadium shows in the British Isles is akin to 50 stadium shows in North America. Its a tall order to sell that amount of tickets if theyre overpriced.

Date: February 22, 2018 23:24

slewan

Somehow in all the excitement, missed that line by bv... definitely the most reliable source.

"Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 22, 2018 16:20

Feb 22: The Rolling Stones "No Stopping" tour announcement soon to come
Most of the dates of The Rolling Stones Tour "No Stopping" 2018 of UK/Europe seems to be approved now, with cities and venues booked from mid May to early July. The tour announcement is expected for tomorrow Friday Feb 23, or early next week like Monday Feb 26. ...

Date: February 22, 2018 23:24

Gazza
Monsoon Ragoon
Nate
slewan
I really wonder if they're able to sell out three stadiums in/around London.
Maybe the just announce one or two of these shows first and see how they sell…

London is one of the richest cities in the world with plenty of people who have buckets of cash to throw around.
All these shows will be full.

Nate

Even in 1982 with ridiculous cheap ticket prices there were only two London shows. I don't know if they sell out three stadium shows with 10-20 as high prices in the middle of the Brexit crisis.

There is no 'Brexit crisis'. If shows dont sell well, it'll simply be because there are too many of them and the tickets are too expensive.

10 stadium shows in the British Isles is akin to 50 stadium shows in North America. Its a tall order to sell that amount of tickets if theyre overpriced.

as I said before: to sell out 8 shows in the UK (i.e. 400.000 tickets) one in every 165 Britions has to buy a ticket…

Date: February 22, 2018 23:25

Healy52003
jayus some of u guys must have some money and understanding partners lol

Dublin for me thats all, first and prob only time seeing the band

You're going to Dublin, Healy? I'm surprised you havent mentioned it until now. winking smiley

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:31

My guess is they'll hold off the announcement until Dublin residents are locked into the deal.

You don't want to spook the (Wild) Horses.

Residents meeting is early next week. If there's one thing will scupper the gig, it's a presumptuous promoter/band.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:32

It's got to be Dublin....somehow when I was there 10 1/2 years ago I never made it to the Guinness Factory.....I'll have to make up for that!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:33

slewan
waterrats
slewan
MisterDDDD
geordiestone
Topi

the exact time of the announcement does not matter at all – since nothing will happen right afterwards (beside the media hype of course). The tickets won't go on sale immediately

Thanks for trying to calm me down, Slewan... :-)

...but that's in vain, hehehe ... I'll be pumped and checking the news and checking the dates and googleing distances and genereally going nuts and be madly happy all day! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:34

slewan

as I said before: to sell out 8 shows in the UK (i.e. 400.000 tickets) one in every 165 Britions has to buy a ticket…

...and the other 164 out of 165 will be mighty jealous on show day!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:45

does anyone have an educated guess about where 5/22 and 5/25 shows might be held? suggestions about the most convenient to venue and safe section of town to reserve a hotel? thanks for your help friends.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:49

steffialicia
does anyone have an educated guess about where 5/22 and 5/25 shows might be held? suggestions about the most convenient to venue and safe section of town to reserve a hotel? thanks for your help friends.

If it's the London (Olympic Stadium) then there's a Premier Inn at Stratford (Stratford in London, not Shakespeare's Stratford) next door...

Date: February 22, 2018 23:52

steffialicia

I personally think they'll be at the 02. The other venue being mentioned is the London Stadium (Olympic Stadium). They're both in the same side of the city anyway, so unless you want something central, a hotel out east towards Stratford or the Docklands is your best bet.

Dont book anything thats non-refundable though.

There are other large stadiums in London which can stage concerts such as the Emirates (north London) or the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (again out towards Stratford at the Olympic Village)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 23:55 by Gazza.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:57

MisterDDDD
slewan

Somehow in all the excitement, missed that line by bv... definitely the most reliable source.

"Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 22, 2018 16:20

Feb 22: The Rolling Stones "No Stopping" tour announcement soon to come
Most of the dates of The Rolling Stones Tour "No Stopping" 2018 of UK/Europe seems to be approved now, with cities and venues booked from mid May to early July. The tour announcement is expected for tomorrow Friday Feb 23, or early next week like Monday Feb 26. ...

Event Travel VIP (Facebook) mention Monday 8 a.m. (GMT) for an exciting tour announcement, it can only be the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 22, 2018 23:58

do you think that tickets for mainland concerts will sell out fast?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 23, 2018 00:01

Such a shame I read on Facebook there are fans falling for buying tickets already obviously from scalpers.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-23 00:01 by Nate.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...100101102103104105106107108109110...LastNext
Current Page: 105 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home