Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:46

MARSEILLE is confirmed for June 26
Article in French newspaper saying than Jean-Michel Aulas (president from Lyon football team and owner of the Stadium) missed the Stones and that Marseille is getting them

https://www.lyonmag.com/article/93664/aulas-a-loupe-les-rolling-stones-pour-un-concert-au-groupama-stadium-cet-ete

Re: And Here's Ronnie!
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:47

Jesse1960
[twitter.com]

The 2nd coolest man in the world, who to play music with the coolest guy in the world.......when he's not flipping pancakes.

According to this old Twitter post "Pancake Day" was also in 2017, so it looks like "no" news... [twitter.com]

Re: And Here's Ronnie!
Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:56

Morning everyone...Well I live in the center of Prague will take a stroll through the old town on my way to work today....If there is a poster up that will be the place...Nothing in the 2 main paper's will keep you posted...And keep my eye's open..M

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:58

There are no concerts arranged at the O2 Arena currently in London for May 22 and 25

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:05

I Saw the updated one including the tongue on my walk in to work in Dublin this morning again.

Notably yesterday there were 3 on my walking route, 6 today, so it’s getting out there more and more. Excited to see what they are tomorrow.

Also booked a free cancellation hotel in Warsaw. It’s my birthday a few days after the gig so the better half has said she’ll pay for it as a present!

Would love to go to Edinburgh as well but with no solid dates yet it’s hard to know when to book for

Mark

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:06

I would have thought they would be more likely o finish there but dates (and 2 concerts in twickenham ) make it unlikely I’d have thought. Rumour mill was suggesting O2 though.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:14

CallM
I Saw the updated one including the tongue on my walk in to work in Dublin this morning again.

Notably yesterday there were 3 on my walking route, 6 today, so it’s getting out there more and more. Excited to see what they are tomorrow.

Also booked a free cancellation hotel in Warsaw. It’s my birthday a few days after the gig so the better half has said she’ll pay for it as a present!

Would love to go to Edinburgh as well but with no solid dates yet it’s hard to know when to book for

Mark

at the risk of sounding like a complete culchie...have electronic signs made their way to Dublin now? Or was some fella out with a bucket of paste last night cursing the band and their latest campaign?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:20

TKinOH

What about the Maifeld in Berlin?

It's maybe a possibility if Olympic Stadium would not be available and Waldbühne would be too small ....

Berlin Maifeld - approx. 88,000 square meters - Google Maps

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:23

Irix
TKinOH

What about the Maifeld in Berlin?

It's maybe a possibility if Olympic Stadium would not be available and Waldbühne would be too small ....

Berlin Maifeld - approx. 88,000 square meter - Google Maps

There were rumours about Maifeld for 1998, but eventually they choose the stadium. The stadium has a bigger capacity I just read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 12:28 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:24

They could also play at Tempelhof airfield in Berlin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 12:25 by henrik87.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:28

rockerparis
MARSEILLE is confirmed for June 26
Article in French newspaper saying than Jean-Michel Aulas (president from Lyon football team and owner of the Stadium) missed the Stones and that Marseille is getting them

https://www.lyonmag.com/article/93664/aulas-a-loupe-les-rolling-stones-pour-un-concert-au-groupama-stadium-cet-ete

That article circulated here days ago. But yes, while not an official confirmation, it's a good sign.

Date: February 22, 2018 12:40

henrik87

They could also play at Tempelhof airfield in Berlin.

As suggested here: [iorr.org] winking smiley

Date: February 22, 2018 12:45

Nate

Any more posters in cities spotted today?

Berlin:

From the RS-App

Edinburgh:

From the RS-App

London:

[www.Instagram.com]

Dublin:

From the RS-App

From the RS-App

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:47

Thanks Irix

Nate

Posted by: CallM ()
Date: February 22, 2018 12:53

textmonkey
CallM

Mark

at the risk of sounding like a complete culchie...have electronic signs made their way to Dublin now? Or was some fella out with a bucket of paste last night cursing the band and their latest campaign?

grinning smiley Absolutely not. That guy thought he was finished for the week but nope, the marketing team have other ideas

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 13:01

looking like tickets could go on sale next Friday or the week starting 5th March ??

lower Hogan or cusack stands the best seats for a Croke Park concert. Davin Stand is too far away. upper tiers are quite high

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2018 13:04

stevecardi
All great news!
But given the history of the band and the prestige of the venue, I’m surprised the Stones aren’t playing Wembley Stadium. (Yes I know it’s not the same one the Stones called home from 1982-1999, but wenever Stones staidum shows and London come to mind, it’s Wembley, not Twickenham, that people think of).

The venue simply isnt available for long enough in May (due to football) and June (due to concerts) for them to use it for the 10-11 days or so that would be required to stage two concerts there.

Theres a window between 2nd June and the first Ed Sheeran show on 14th June, but I'd imagine that as Sheeran's crew would need the stadium for a few days beforehand that realistically have only left room for one gig.

End of June and into July would have been doable though, although tying everything up logistically with other venues might have been a factor in not playing there at that time.

Its a weird one. They'd have known since no later than last summer that they were planning summer 2018 shows in the UK yet it now appears that theyve missed out on available slots for the two biggest stadiums in London due to waiting so long to apply for licences and theres also an issue with the tour opener in Dublin to be resolved as well. Not a great bit of foresight, to be honest. Unlike 2006 when their management had the vision to book Twickenham as a back up for the unfinished Wembley Stadium - unlike that of Bon Jovi, who ended up having to play the Milton Keynes Bowl instead.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 22, 2018 13:09

Healy52003
looking like tickets could go on sale next Friday or the week starting 5th March ??

lower Hogan or cusack stands the best seats for a Croke Park concert. Davin Stand is too far away. upper tiers are quite high

I think tickets will go on sale in week 10...
Jeroen

Date: February 22, 2018 13:14

Healy52003

I think if you can handle the pitch, it's the way to go for decent sound. If you're settling for seats, you're already settling for being a distance away from the stage anyway; if you're happy to be a distance away from the stage, you might as well have good sound.

Unless standing for a long while will kill you, in which case, fair enough smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 13:26 by textmonkey.

Date: February 22, 2018 13:28

textmonkey
Healy52003

I think if you can handle the pitch, it's the way to go for decent sound. If you're settling for seats, you're already settling for being a distance away from the stage anyway; if you're happy to be a distance away from the stage, you might as well have good sound.

Unless standing for a long while will kill you, in which case, faire enough smiling smiley

like my comfort and aiming for a good seat

Date: February 22, 2018 13:35

Healy52003
textmonkey
Healy52003

Unless standing for a long while will kill you, in which case, faire enough smiling smiley

I was block 304 - Cusack Stand - for Bruce in 2016. Brutal echo on the sound. I appreciate there's a comfort/sound trade-off.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 22, 2018 13:39

I guess tickets will go on sale only a few days after the official announcement. Thus if the rumor that the announcement will be made on Feb 26 we should get our credit cards ready…

Date: February 22, 2018 13:54

Last year they announced on May 9, the pre-sales began May 11 and the general onsale began May 13 for the first batch of shows.

Some shows such as Stockholm were put on general sale on May 15.

So yeah, there may only be a couple of days between the announcement and the presales.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 22, 2018 14:02

Topi
Last year they announced on May 9, the pre-sales began May 11 and the general onsale began May 13 for the first batch of shows.

So yeah, there may only be a couple of days between the announcement and the presales.
... and these f*** prepresales ...

Date: February 22, 2018 14:06

What's the problem with them? I like having various opportunities. The BILD.de presale worked like a charm for both the Waldbühne show in 2014 and the shows last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 14:07 by Topi.

Date: February 22, 2018 14:08

textmonkey
Healy52003
textmonkey
Healy52003

I was block 304 - Cusack Stand - for Bruce in 2016. Brutal echo on the sound. I appreciate there's a comfort/sound trade-off.

was in 307 for that show myself and the sound was ok and improved as the show went on. I'm sure the stones will have too notch sound engineers working

I was in Hogan section 333 for u2 last year and the sound was brillent

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 14:09

MAF
Topi

... and these f*** prepresales ...

Pre sales were a waste of time for me, for Amsterdam.

As somebody said credit cards & ipads, tablets and mobile phones get ready.

Date: February 22, 2018 14:10

All systems Irene!

Honestly I think there's an advantage to having the various presales.

Plus, don't forget this is stadiums we're talking about. You can always get a ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 14:12 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 22, 2018 14:33

well, forget about those presales. They usually offer nothing better than the regular ticket sales…
And I'd never register with BILD (German tabloid) – even if they'd pay me for doing so

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 22, 2018 14:36

raphph
There are no concerts arranged at the O2 Arena currently in London for May 22 and 25

That sounds pretty likely then. They can obviously make it work financially there and have played there 5 times already so maybe they like it. Plus it's indoors ...wouldn't be too keen on outdoors in England in May

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home