Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 22, 2018 06:16

Prague on July 4 now added to BVs rumored list!!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 22, 2018 06:50

Maybe they could use fewer screens for Waldbuhne to fit there?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 07:50

Seems there is one spot open in the schedule for the non-UK dates in the 29/30 June weekend. I also see that on the Rock in RIO (Lissabon), the headliner spot On 30 June is ‘TBA’. Seems a realistic possibility. Just guessing here by the way.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 22, 2018 08:13

stevecardi
All great news!
But given the history of the band and the prestige of the venue, I’m surprised the Stones aren’t playing Wembley Stadium. (Yes I know it’s not the same one the Stones called home from 1982-1999, but wenever Stones staidum shows and London come to mind, it’s Wembley, not Twickenham, that people think of).

Hopefully the new Wembley is not included on the tour. Hands down the worst stadium venue in the U.K for live music. Sound, atmosphere and view is abysmal!

P.s The weekend of the 19th/20th of May for a Stones Cardiff show? Seems like this is the only period of time that could potentially be available for the band. Of course, if they don't announce Cardiff then I will travel!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 08:39

Prague?! Really? If that's true, that I am the happiest person on Earth. It must happen!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 08:49

petewasbristol
stevecardi
All great news!
But given the history of the band and the prestige of the venue, I’m surprised the Stones aren’t playing Wembley Stadium. (Yes I know it’s not the same one the Stones called home from 1982-1999, but wenever Stones staidum shows and London come to mind, it’s Wembley, not Twickenham, that people think of).

Hopefully the new Wembley is not included on the tour. Hands down the worst stadium venue in the U.K for live music. Sound, atmosphere and view is abysmal!

P.s The weekend of the 19th/20th of May for a Stones Cardiff show? Seems like this is the only period of time that could potentially be available for the band. Of course, if they don't announce Cardiff then I will travel!

Not that weekend, if we going to get Cardiff it will be June I think just before the twickenham gig.

As of Tuesday though Cardiff was still being negotiated, nothing signed. I am not
holding my breath....

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 22, 2018 08:54

Rollin92
petewasbristol
stevecardi
All great news!

Not that weekend, if we going to get Cardiff it will be June I think just before the twickenham gig.

As of Tuesday though Cardiff was still being negotiated, nothing signed. I am not
holding my breath....

Fingers crossed Steve. Have looked at BV's list and can see 13 full days between the supposed final Manchester gig and Twickenham gig. Taking Edinburgh into account as one of the gigs in between it gives me hope that there is enough time for Cardiff. We shall see. Please sign on Cardiff!

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:02

with the tongue now [www.forrestgroup.co.uk]

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:03

DEmerson
Prague on July 4 now added to BVs rumored list!!

Yeah. That's even closer for me than Berlin (and much cheaper).

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:13

angee
Maybe they could use fewer screens for Waldbuhne to fit there?

That is no problem, they would use the same setup as in 2014, which was also different from their regular stage back then. But since this year it will be most likely the only gig in Germany, I think it is somehow given that they will play the Olympia Stadium.

Date: February 22, 2018 09:29

If Stones come to Prague again, it would be really great.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:35

damn -- all the shows i'd like to go to are spread apart too much (dublin, edinburgh, berlin, prague)

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:45

Is Stuttgart definitely off the agenda for 30 June?

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:46

I'm not to sure about Manchester getting 2 shows. A second is probably just an option depending how the first one sells. And in my many years of seeing gigs up here Manchester invariably gets shafted with early to mid week shows. So my money is on the TUE show being put out first.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:51

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 16:53 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2018 09:59

justeillusion
with the tongue now [www.forrestgroup.co.uk]

thumbs up

Alternating between the vague 'No Stopping' and the new 'No Stopping' tongue version...looks like my prediction was right!

Spoken in the voice of Nostradamus:

"More gradual changes to the banner in the days to come, and very soon the exact date shall be revealed.
On the date of February 26 in the year 2018, all will be known, followed immediately by a mad scramble for tickets."

winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 10:04

little queenie
damn -- all the shows i'd like to go to are spread apart too much (dublin, edinburgh, berlin, prague)

Yeah, the band is getting too old!

Date: February 22, 2018 10:26

Similar to the shoddy No Filter tongue with a couple of extra smears.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 22, 2018 10:33

Yes Hairball, it can't have been the most taxing meeting the band's visual marketing team have ever held, can it?

At least the tongue gives some context. Before, it looked like the local council's budget for road signs had suddenly increased.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 22, 2018 10:38

Topi
little queenie

Yeah, the band is getting too old!

Fans too! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Date: February 22, 2018 10:54

Olly
Yes Hairball, it can't have been the most taxing meeting the band's visual marketing team have ever held, can it?

At least the tongue gives some context. Before, it looked like the local council's budget for road signs had suddenly increased.

Haha...yeah, that was a fancy road sign!
Wondering if there will be anything new for the upcoming tour (stage design, projections, effects, etc.), or simply a continuation/recycling of No Filter.
(They could have at least changed the yellow)!

Date: February 22, 2018 10:57

I like the yellow, but agree it has a cheap feel to it to spin off the last tour. On the other hand they did "promise" to play the UK this year when they announced the No Filter Tour.

In the end who gives a shit what the tour is called and what color the posters are. I'm just so happy to be able to do this.

People, we don't realize how lucky we are to see them live. Charlie is turning 77 this summer, Mick 75.

History will be made.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 11:01 by Topi.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:00

Booked hotels in Warsaw and Prague, just in case. Now hoping and praying for PIT tickets.
Booked Prague, to go with my wife, as a surprise. Make a city trip of it.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 11:01 by corriecas.

Date: February 22, 2018 11:02

Good call, Jeroen! Told Prague is very nice, I've never been there myself. You can still find some good accommodation deals there.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:07

For those unhappy with no change of design... Why don't people realise that it's the same tour? I mean it's been the same tour since 2013 (some might argue since 1989...) but this is definitely just a continuation of No Filter, it's only 4 months since the last NF show. Do we really want to increase ticket prices further just so they can pay some external marketers to come up with a new logo/design? And do we really want more T-shirts to buy? The stage presentation and general design for NF worked really well (apart from the awful venue posters).

Personally, I love 'no stopping' - they should use it to name all 'tours' from now until the end of time. Or maybe extend it - the 'Still Not Stopping' tour in 2019, the 'Definitely Still not Stopping' tour in 2020 and the 'Look, we meant it when we said we weren't stopping' tour in 2021...

syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 11:08 by syrel.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:13

I think they will do next tour on other continent. Their hints on social media are like counting to announcement - no stopping, no way, no idea etc. I won't be surprised if they will do US tour next year without changing design with name like No (and some verb here) grinning smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:14

Topi
Good call, Jeroen! Told Prague is very nice, I've never been there myself. You can still find some good accommodation deals there.

Yeah Topi, booked a one bedroom apartment for 2 people, 3 nights for E 170, in the centre. It will be a small room, does not matter. we will be out and about and i will be Rocking with the Stones (i hope).
Jeroen

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:21

I see 2 further London rumoured gigs in May? Outdoors? Didn't read all 98 pages but can anyone shed light?

Date: February 22, 2018 11:21

syrel
For those unhappy with no change of design... Why don't people realise that it's the same tour? I mean it's been the same tour since 2013 (some might argue since 1989...) but this is definitely just a continuation of No Filter, it's only 4 months since the last NF show. Do we really want to increase ticket prices further just so they can pay some external marketers to come up with a new logo/design? And do we really want more T-shirts to buy? The stage presentation and general design for NF worked really well (apart from the awful venue posters).

Personally, I love 'no stopping' - they should use it to name all 'tours' from now until the end of time. Or maybe extend it - the 'Still Not Stopping' tour in 2019, the 'Definitely Still not Stopping' tour in 2020 and the 'Look, we meant it when we said we weren't stopping' tour in 2021...

syrel

grinning smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 22, 2018 11:23

Any more posters in cities spotted today?

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...93949596979899100101102103...LastNext
Current Page: 98 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home