Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext
Current Page: 97 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:00

Prague - another beautiful city - don't recall it being rumoured/mentioned before today.
When was the last time they played there?

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:01

Gazza
Topi
My thoughts exactly, Gazza. Strange there would be no show the first weekend into the tour.

Also, the May 25 in London scenario means Edinburgh cannot be on that weekend as speculated earlier. Maybe Edinburgh is the midweek show the week after?

There is room for three shows between Manchester #2 (5th June) and London (19th June).

Two of those shows are likely to be on weekends. For me, that window is the most likely scenario for the rumoured cities (Southampton, Edinburgh etc) outside London.

I also find it a bit odd that the first Manchester date is scheduled for a Saturday with the second one being on a Tuesday. For ticket sales, its much easier to shift tickets if the additional show is on the weekend.

Its also a bit weird to have two different stadiums used for London. If theyre going to stage three stadium shows in the city, why not have them consecutively at the same venue? From what I can see, the London Stadium is free for that last third of May. Would make more sense to have all the gigs there and just scrap Twickenham completely. But with seemingly no weekend gigs at all in London, that makes me wonder if they may do something in an arena as well as Twickenham.

Seems odd to me too that Twickenham would still be on the schedule with earlier London gigs. If it doesn't gets scrapped, I agree that could point to two arena shows in May - or maybe one at O2 and one at London stadium?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:01

hooked

I don't think an event on June 24 would prevent the the Stones from there on June 23.

It's barely feasible - the Stones as well as the other artist need some hours to build-up / dismantle the stage. Only one day is too short ....

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:05

All great news!
But given the history of the band and the prestige of the venue, I’m surprised the Stones aren’t playing Wembley Stadium. (Yes I know it’s not the same one the Stones called home from 1982-1999, but wenever Stones staidum shows and London come to mind, it’s Wembley, not Twickenham, that people think of).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 01:09 by stevecardi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:05

Hairball

Prague - another beautiful city - don't recall it being rumoured/mentioned before today. When was the last time they played there?

They played Prague in 1990, 1995, 1998 and 2003.

Date: February 22, 2018 01:07

Thanks Irix - beautiful city, would be a great place to see the Stones.

Date: February 22, 2018 01:14

Still some gaps on the rumored schedule in the UK portion and between Marseilles and Prague, so maybe another show or two to be added?

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:21

If every gap was filled it would be 17 shows, right? I guess they'll take a week off once in a while because they don't do more than 14 shows in a row, I've heard somebody say on here.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:22

hooked
Still some gaps on the rumored schedule in the UK portion and between Marseilles and Prague, so maybe another show or two to be added?

Unless they take a week off somewhere (unlikely), we're probably looking at Dublin, followed by nine UK dates and five on the continent, going by that May 17 - July 7 timeframe. So - 15 shows.

With 4 second round games taking place in the World Cup over the June 30/July 1 maybe theyre hedging their bets and figuring out which countries are unlikely to be playing around then!

I dont think it'll be any less than 14 gigs.

Date: February 22, 2018 01:31

Being that St Mary's stadium in Southampton only seats 30,000, might be the choice location as far as "intimacy" goes.

Compare to Old Trafford stadium in Manchester which is double the capacity at 60,000, and Croke Park in Dublin which is almost three times the capacity at a whopping 80,000.

Letnany field in Prague is also at 80,000...I assume this is sprawling open space outdoor venue?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:32

Irix
Hairball

Prague - another beautiful city - don't recall it being rumoured/mentioned before today. When was the last time they played there?

They played Prague in 1990, 1995, 1998 and 2003.

Yep. And the first visit (in what was then 'communist' Czechoslovakia) was a pretty historic event at the time

video: [www.ceskatelevize.cz]

Date: February 22, 2018 01:38

Gazza
hooked

Unless they take a week off somewhere (unlikely), we're probably looking at Dublin, followed by nine UK dates and five on the continent, going by that May 17 - July 7 timeframe. So - 15 shows.

With 4 second round games taking place in the World Cup over the June 30/July 1 maybe theyre hedging their bets and figuring out which countries are unlikely to be playing around then!

I dont think it'll be any less than 14 gigs.

I agree Gaz.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:42

Guys, Waldbühne or Wuhlheide in Berlin are most likely out of question - not only Stones charge more now than in 2014, but also big No Filter/No Stopping stage with 4 giant screens wouldn´t fit on small amphiteatre stage. This tour is supposed to hit stadiums or open air areas, not small places, I´m afraid...

Posted by: woodyrichards ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:46

hooked

Between Marseilles and Prague should be Lisbon, I hope so!

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:50

I’d love for them to play Prague too. Would make the trip across the pond for that for sho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 01:51 by DEmerson.

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:57

prague is really awesome, but it is a shame that it wont be letna. it would be better than the letnany airport, but cool anyway!

it is on a metro line, so accesible, but a bit slow to get out.

other than that, just a huge field, nothing unusual.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:57

Prague and Warsaw will also be a cost effective combination for someone coming from a desert island called Finland.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 22, 2018 02:03

Huge field sounds like mug from Spielberg to me grinning smiley I hope to be in Prague and Warsaw. You know, year ago I thought that I will never see the Stones live. Saw them by the first time in Spielberg and right now there is a chance that I will see them two times in one week! I can't believe. I am waiting for official announcement and think to go for a rehab from iorr.org grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 22, 2018 02:09

Hairball
Letnany field in Prague is also at 80,000

They're NOT playing Prague so it doesn't matter! moody smiley

Date: February 22, 2018 02:10

i dont really like fields much, i find arenas and stadiums more comfortable and ... somewhat more compact than the wide field. plus this really is a field, so pray for a good weather.

this is how it looks like

sometimes there is seating on the sides, which i figure will be the case with stones

Date: February 22, 2018 02:12

StonedInTokyo
Hairball
Letnany field in Prague is also at 80,000

They're NOT playing Prague so it doesn't matter! moody smiley

something changed?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2018 03:18

Really hope to see more billboards,signs etc. tomorrow and the upcoming days leading up to the announcement. When they utilized this type of marketing for Zip Code,all the cities(-Hollywood) were known prior to the announcement..Not dates, but locations. Either way, so excited to be able to make any of these shows!!!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 22, 2018 03:25

wickerman
Guys, Waldbühne or Wuhlheide in Berlin are most likely out of question - not only Stones charge more now than in 2014, but also big No Filter/No Stopping stage with 4 giant screens wouldn´t fit on small amphiteatre stage. This tour is supposed to hit stadiums or open air areas, not small places, I´m afraid...

What about the Maifeld in Berlin?

I imagine they could hold more than inside Olympiastadion?

Anyone seen any shows at the Maifeld? I think Pink Floyd played there years ago...

Trying to be patient waiting for the official announcement, but Thanx to BV for all the info, as always!!

Date: February 22, 2018 03:29

laughinearlydied
i dont really like fields much, i find arenas and stadiums more comfortable and ... somewhat more compact than the wide field. plus this really is a field, so pray for a good weather.

this is how it looks like

sometimes there is seating on the sides, which i figure will be the case with stones

Thanks for the pics laughinearlydied - WOW that is MASSIVE!
I think most everyone would agree about preferring arenas and stadiums vs. something this massive, but then again sometimes these settings can be really fun and memorable.
Depends on weather, the convenience of getting in and out, and the overall logistics. Hoping the rumour soon becomes fact for those who want to attend! thumbs up

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 22, 2018 03:46

So throwing this out there. I will be coming over from California from about June 30 to July 16 for the Roger Water, Eric Clapton and Paul Simon Hyde Park shows plus any Stones shows during that time frame (hopefully). I am a long time taper (search my name on here or Google) and will be looking for any and all help especially with securing a field/pit ticket and accommodations. Willing to pay for all but having help will make my life easier. What's in it for you will be immediate copies of the recordings since mine won't be shared until I am back home in California.

Here is one example of my work for those who do not have it.

[we.tl]

Rolling Stones
Desert Trip 2016 Weekend 2
Empire Polo Grounds
Indio, Ca
October 14, 2016

Recorded by Daspyknows

Recorded from back wall of the Pit At Right Stack
Schoeps MK4/NBox Platinum Tascam DR-2D 24 Bit 48K

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 22, 2018 04:12

Yeah, support this guy, his work is great.

Date: February 22, 2018 04:12

btw it is the plain fields on the sides of the airport, not in the airport itself.
but still, a big field.
also czech people are kind of similar to germans, so the middle of the crowd is very often "dead", in a stadium its a better atmosphere.
then again, warm evening, sort of festival feel with a lot of beer and some friends... hope it is going to happen.

also looking forward to germany and poland. but i would really like to see them in london.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 22, 2018 04:13

Daspyknows maybe you should post this over at BUY/SELL/TRADE too.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 04:21

TKinOH
wickerman

What about the Maifeld in Berlin?

I imagine they could hold more than inside Olympiastadion?

Anyone seen any shows at the Maifeld? I think Pink Floyd played there years ago...

Trying to be patient waiting for the official announcement, but Thanx to BV for all the info, as always!!

Maifeld in Berlin is a large open-air field near the Olympiastadion and the Waldbuhne and can hold 250,000 people in it for festivals like rock concerts.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2018 05:09

daspyknows
Here is one example of my work for those who do not have it.

[we.tl]

Rolling Stones
Desert Trip 2016 Weekend 2
Empire Polo Grounds
Indio, Ca
October 14, 2016

Recorded by Daspyknows

Recorded from back wall of the Pit At Right Stack
Schoeps MK4/NBox Platinum Tascam DR-2D 24 Bit 48K

Thanks for that!
Great sound.. nice to relive.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...9293949596979899100101102...LastNext