Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:03

Gazza
bv
London two shows in May, following the Dublin show, and Berlin probably June. Updates here in the IORR No Stopping rumoured dates list:

[iorr.org]

Guess the signs are that they arent getting a licence for two shows at Twickenham. Disappointing if thats the case.

However, I'm intrigued by the omission of a venue for May 22 & 25 and the fact that the 02 is free on both those nights (and owned by AEG, who promote the Stones)

Three London stadium shows (about 180,000 tickets) is a bit of a stretch for the Stones if they're also playing other shows within an hour or two's drive away, dont you think?

Interesting also that those two London dates are on a Tuesday and a Friday. You'd think they'd want to maximise sales for stadium shows by having at least one of them on a Saturday or Sunday.

Personally, I really like the 02 and am hoping for an indoor gig there.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:05

karimamilena

Why should they build something like in Hamburg?

For the case Berlin's Olympic Stadium is not available, e.g. booked by other artists ....

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:07

Irix
karimamilena

For the case the Olympic Stadium is not available, e.g. booked by other artists ....

Just booked a hotel by there lol

At least I can cancel.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:09

My thoughts exactly, Gazza. Strange there would be no show the first weekend into the tour. OTOH if they're doing the tour with just one stage they may need the additional time off for logistics.

Also, the May 25 in London scenario means Edinburgh cannot be on that weekend as speculated earlier. Maybe Edinburgh is the midweek show the week after - right before Manchester?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 00:22 by Topi.

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:11

Irix
karimamilena

For the case Berlin's Olympic Stadium is not available, e.g. booked by other artists ....

Booked for which dates? Are you sure there is no suitable date open for the Stones?

What I found so for is
3. june Guns N'roses
8. July Helen Fischer
19. July Ed Sheeran

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 00:15 by karimamilena.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:19

Prague and Warsaw at the end of the tour as it seems:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:25

It will be great tour.

Date: February 22, 2018 00:28

zgredzik
It will be great tour.

For sure! Didn't think I might see them 2 yrs in a row. Fingers crossed for ticket bingo!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:28

Topi
My thoughts exactly, Gazza. Strange there would be no show the first weekend into the tour.

Also, the May 25 in London scenario means Edinburgh cannot be on that weekend as speculated earlier. Maybe Edinburgh is the midweek show the week after?

There is room for three shows between Manchester #2 (5th June) and London (19th June).

Two of those shows are likely to be on weekends. For me, that window is the most likely scenario for the rumoured cities (Southampton, Edinburgh etc) outside London.

I also find it a bit odd that the first Manchester date is scheduled for a Saturday with the second one being on a Tuesday. For ticket sales, its much easier to shift tickets if the additional show is on the weekend.

Its also a bit weird to have two different stadiums used for London. If theyre going to stage three stadium shows in the city, why not have them consecutively at the same venue? From what I can see, the London Stadium is free for that last third of May. Would make more sense to have all the gigs there and just scrap Twickenham completely. But with seemingly no weekend gigs at all in London, that makes me wonder if they may do something in an arena as well as Twickenham.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:29

Me too! Now it seems that I will see them twice a week!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:29

12 shows then, guess that knocks Cardiff on the head. Was hoping they'd play Wales as part of a UK tour, they are playing Scotland and England - beggars belief but oh well.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:30

Prague, Letnany field: Is the venue Lesopark Letnany?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:30

karimamilena

Booked for which dates? Are you sure there is no suitable date open for the Stones?

Dunno, it was just an idea. In 2014 Berlin's Olympic Stadium was booked by comedian Mario Barth on Sat/Sun 7th/8th June while the Stones played on Tue 10th June in Waldbühne ....

Date: February 22, 2018 00:31

bv
Prague and Warsaw at the end of the tour as it seems:

[iorr.org]

The proportion of projected UK dates is dwindling by the hour. Its like 1999 all over again smiling smiley

Date: February 22, 2018 00:32

Rollin92
12 shows then, guess that knocks Cardiff on the head. Was hoping they'd play Wales as part of a UK tour, they are playing Scotland and England - beggars belief but oh well.

Huh? There are loads of gaps there for additional shows.

At least you got them in 2006. They havent played Northern Ireland since 1965 and it looks now like they never will. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 00:33 by Gazza.

Date: February 22, 2018 00:36

Irix
karimamilena

Dunno, it was just an idea. In 2014 Berlin's Olympic Stadium was booked by comedian Mario Barth on Sat/Sun 7th/8th June while the Stones played on Tue 10th June in Waldbühne ....

I wouldn't mind if Olympic Stadium is booked and Stones "have to" play in Waldbühne. It's my most favorite open air venue (at least what I know in Germany).

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:39

MAF
Prague, Letnany field: Is the venue Lesopark Letnany?

It's an open field next to the exhibition center & small airport which hosts concerts quite regularly. The tribunes are set up for each gig individually and dismantled afterwards. Hamburg set-up basically.
Ozzy & Maiden are performing there this year, GnR, AC/DC played in the past. Very good sound thanks to light tribunes/open field. Great logistics to get there, slow to get out though...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:41

Gazza
bv
London two shows in May, following the Dublin show, and Berlin probably June. Updates here in the IORR No Stopping rumoured dates list:

[iorr.org]

Guess the signs are that they arent getting a licence for two shows at Twickenham. Disappointing if thats the case.

However, I'm intrigued by the omission of a venue for May 22 & 25 and the fact that the 02 is free on both those nights (and owned by AEG, who promote the Stones)

Three London stadium shows (about 180,000 tickets) is a bit of a stretch for the Stones if they're also playing other shows within an hour or two's drive away, dont you think?

Interesting also that those two London dates are on a Tuesday and a Friday. You'd think they'd want to maximise sales for stadium shows by having at least one of them on a Saturday or Sunday.

Dang.
Can only fly over for two weeks but not until mid June.. Was really hoping for the two Twick dates... Maybe the Southampton gig will fall right before the lone Twickenham concert. Went from hoping for four shows, to now scrambling for two.. Worse problems to have I suppose. Really going to be watching now for what gets confirmed for the week of June 12 - 18th..
Also-
Thanks for the update, Bjornulf.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 00:43 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:42

Prague would be probably the same place than in 2003. Letna. 80.000 is possible there.

Date: February 22, 2018 00:43

karimamilena

I wouldn't mind if Olympic Stadium is booked and Stones "have to" play in Waldbühne. It's my most favorite open air venue (at least what I know in Germany).

Its the best arena sized venue in Europe IMO. Certainly the best location (other than a theatre) I've ever been in for a Stones show and the only 2014 venue I was remotely interested in going to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 00:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:46

Gazza
karimamilena

Its the best arena sized venue in Europe IMO. Certainly the best location (other than a theatre) I've ever been in for a Stones show and the only 2014 venue I was remotely interested in going to.
Waldbühne is booked for another event on 24th: Waldbühne timetable

Date: February 22, 2018 00:47

So from berlin to marseille and them to prague? Sounds unlogical right. I think they moved berlin from the first july weekend to the twickenham spot due problems with approval.

Edinburgh 9th june then?

Date: February 22, 2018 00:47

MisterDDDD
Gazza
bv

[iorr.org]

Dang.
Can only fly over for two weeks but not until mid June.. Was really hoping for the two Twick dates... Maybe the Southampton gig will fall right before the lone Twickenham concert. Went from hoping for four shows, to now scrambling for two.. Worse problems to have I suppose. Really going to be watching now for what gets confirmed for the week of June 12 - 18th..
Also-

If its of any comfort, if theyre playing in England or Wales the weekend before that Twickenham date, youre almost certainly looking at somewhere thats maybe no more than 3 hours from London by train.

The only one thats likely to be a bit of a trek would be Edinburgh (and there are plenty of low-cost flight options I think)

Date: February 22, 2018 00:49

PaintMonkeyManBlack
So from berlin to marseille and them to prague? Sounds unlogical right. I think they moved berlin from the first july weekend to the twickenham spot due problems with approval.

Edinburgh 9th june then?

Not if the Berlin stage is the one being used in Prague. Its only a four hour drive.

Date: February 22, 2018 00:50

Gazza
karimamilena

Glad you agree. I have seen quite some shows there since early 90s, Prince twice. I simply adore the setting right in a forest, you have the sundawn unless it's raining, view is normally from every place good. Sound perfect for such a venue. Memories, lots of them.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:52

thrak
Prague would be probably the same place than in 2003. Letna. 80.000 is possible there.

It's a different place, similar name but quite far from the 2003 location :-)
this one: [www.livenation.cz]

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 22, 2018 00:55

MAF
Gazza
karimamilena

I bet they play the stadium this time. But if not, I don't see why they couldn't play Walhbuhne on June 23 if the venue is open that day. I don't think an event on June 24 would prevent the Stones from playing there on June 23.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 01:02 by hooked.

Date: February 22, 2018 00:58

MAF
Gazza
karimamilena

Hmm, this site states as rumour now Sat. 23. june. If on 24. june there is Berliner Philharmonicer, I guess they don't need a big stage set up. And I have seen last year in Hamburg just how quickly those guys dissembled the stage. That was very astounding.

Date: February 22, 2018 00:58

It wouldnt be an issue. Its a generic stage set-up, isnt it?

And there are already shows by two different bands scheduled for June 8 & 9 as well as July 13 & 14 and more later in the summer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-22 00:58 by Gazza.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:00

Gazza
MisterDDDD
Dang.
Also-

If its of any comfort, if theyre playing in England or Wales the weekend before that Twickenham date, youre almost certainly looking at somewhere thats maybe no more than 3 hours from London by train.

The only one thats likely to be a bit of a trek would be Edinburgh (and there are plenty of low-cost flight options I think)
It is..
Any of those would be welcomed by me... I am in for anything from June 12th on...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...919293949596979899100101...LastNext
Current Page: 96 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1624
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home