Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:26

Ahh OK, I get it - it was the speculative list compiled by "Nankering" over there.

Will be interesting to know if he/she gets the date right!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:26

Strange enough that bv still lists no Warsaw rumour at all.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:28

Are there any statistics out there showing how many, or what percentage of any given Stones crowd, live within commuting distance to the concert venue, (less than 2 hours by car or train)....just curious

Date: February 21, 2018 20:28

Yes. He also maintaints both Twickenham shows still.

Any posters in the streets of Warsaw BTW?

Posted by: Strzykawa ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:31

Topi

Not yet !!!
some newspapers put a 7.07 on calendar!

Date: February 21, 2018 20:31

Logistically that date makes sense, as slewan pointed out.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:32

No one saw posters, but it doesn't make sense to paying for commercial in Polish radio to promote German concert. It's confirmed, The Rolling Stones will play Warsaw (4th time - after 1967 x2 and 2007)!!

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:32

Monsoon Ragoon

Well, actually we know that Poland is on but maybe there's no solid source that it is Warsaw

Date: February 21, 2018 20:33

Strzykawa
Topi

Not yet !!!
some newspapers put a 7.07 on calendar!
its because it was said on this forum.. they don't know anything more than we. Polish newspapers know nothing

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:33

just something different to kill time: some good seats for the Clapton shows in Köln and Hamburg are available again at eventim.de
The Clapton show in Hamburg is on July 3rd and it's only a 105 minutes train ride from Hamburg to Berlin…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 20:38 by slewan.

Date: February 21, 2018 20:34

Adams
Monsoon Ragoon

Well, actually we know that Poland is on but maybe there's no solid source that it is Warsaw
but Warsaw makes most sense. If they are playing in Berlin (capital), London (capital).. they can play only there or in Chorzów, but I don't think so. on 9th July there will play Guns N Roses, so I don't see it.

Date: February 21, 2018 20:35

zgredzik
Adams
Monsoon Ragoon

but Warsaw makes most sense. If they are playing in Berlin (capital), London (capital).. they can play only there or in Chorzów, but I don't think so. on 9th July there will play Guns N Roses, so I don't see it.

Opener, but I doubt that

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:37

The Silesian stadium is also likely at the end of June.

Date: February 21, 2018 20:38

but Opener has headliner for 7th. is Bruno Mars. it makes sense, he is a pop star, not rock n roll, so this date only won't collide for fans of Arctic Monkeys (4th July), Depeche Mode(5th July), Gorillaz(6th july) and The Rolling Stones (7th was rumoured)

Date: February 21, 2018 20:44

You would have to think the local promoter wants to take it to the capital, especially if it's a weekend show. Big money in play.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:44

zgredzik
No one saw posters, but it doesn't make sense to paying for commercial in Polish radio to promote German concert. It's confirmed, The Rolling Stones will play Warsaw (4th time - after 1967 x2 and 2007)!!

Well, I admit it all makes sense, but following U2 I know, that it looked more than certain that U2 will play Poland this year, especially since there was this album pre-sale containing a ticket-pre-sale code, which was in only a handful of countries. In the end Poland is the only one of those countries that the next tour won't visit. Anyway, we can speculate all we want, we know nothing until we know it all and that will be soon.

Monsoon Ragoon

He also didn't list Berlin... until today winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 20:45 by Happy24.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:46

Silver Dagger
Gazza
getdown
Could Pompei still be in the mix?

Still? It never has been.

Do you mean geologically? grinning smiley

Geologically, financially, sexually and philosophically!

Date: February 21, 2018 20:46

Playing in Chorzow makes no sense. The "casual fans" would go to eighter GnR OR the Stones.

Date: February 21, 2018 20:48

The Pompeii people are dreaming in Technicolor. Over at rollingstonesitalia.com people are mostly talking about whether the No Stopping Bus photo was a Photoshop job...winking smiley

Date: February 21, 2018 20:49

Happy24

Well, I admit it all makes sense, but following U2 I know, that it looked more than certain that U2 will play Poland this year, especially since there was this album pre-sale containing a ticket-pre-sale code, which was in only a handful of countries. In the end Poland is the only one of those countries that the next tour won't visit. Anyway, we can speculate all we want, we know nothing until we know it all and that will be soon.

But only places which infromed about U2 in Poland was their site. Right now radio is informing, they are promoting some important music events (they organised Michael Jackson concert in Poland in 1997). I know, it was long ago. But something is really going on, I think.

Date: February 21, 2018 20:50

Happy24
zgredzik

Monsoon Ragoon

He also didn't list Berlin... until today winking smiley

U2 plays 7 concerts in Berlin within three years but no show in Poland in sight. Hmmm. Maybe that has to do with $$$?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:50

There must be nicer places to play in Poland rather than Warsaw,that town is like desolation row.

Nate

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:58

They already grabbed the domain "nostopping.pl" over there ... it was registered February 16, 2018, as a WHOIS request tells us:

DOMAIN NAME: nostopping.pl
subscriber type: organization of
name servers: ns1.futurehost.pl. [September 9, 1884, 1995]
ns2.futurehost.pl. [91.219.210.15]
ns3.futurehost.pl. [September 19, 1884]]
created: 2018.02.16 11:28:46
last modification: 2018.02.16 11:30:03
end of the billing period: 2019.02.16 11:28:46

option: no

dnssec: no

subscriber:
company: Spin Digital sp. z oo
street: Porcelanowa 19
city: 40-246 Katowice
phone: +48.791735343
last modified: 2018.02.16

Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:59

Nate
There must be nicer places to play in Poland rather than Warsaw,that town is like desolation row.

Nate

you're wrong

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:59

waterrats
They already grabbed the domain "nostopping.pl" over there ... it was registered February 16, 2018, as a WHOIS request tells us:

DOMAIN NAME: nostopping.pl
subscriber type: organization of
name servers: ns1.futurehost.pl. [September 9, 1884, 1995]
ns2.futurehost.pl. [91.219.210.15]
ns3.futurehost.pl. [September 19, 1884]]
created: 2018.02.16 11:28:46
last modification: 2018.02.16 11:30:03
end of the billing period: 2019.02.16 11:28:46

option: no

dnssec: no

subscriber:
company: Spin Digital sp. z oo
street: Porcelanowa 19
city: 40-246 Katowice
phone: +48.791735343
last modified: 2018.02.16

we have already discussed that – see above

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 21, 2018 21:02

slewan

we have already discussed that – see above

Ups - SHRA on me! Sorry!
Been at the office and was so exited that I hadn't patience enough to read all the new pages...

It's starting again!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 21:05

Nate

Nate

I know many Poles and I've visited Warsaw many times. Before WW2 it was apparently a beautiful city then it was destroyed in those 6 years, especially so in the Uprising of 1944. They then had 40 years of Communism, when it became a concrete jungle. Not the Poles' fault. It has improved drastically with 28-29 years of democracy & freedom but I agree that there's still a long way to go.

The City I have no problem with at all and I always enjoy my visits there as I love the people and atmosphere. My issues are with that stadium, which though an excellent sports stadium, has about the worst concert accoustics ever according to just about every Pole I know or have spoken to who's ever seen a concert there. If it was at any other venue in the country I'd definitely go. The 1998 show in Chorzow, 200 miles further South was one of the best Stones gigs I've ever been to. Loads of footage of it on Youtube as it was professionally filmed and broadcast 2 weeks later.

Date: February 21, 2018 21:09

Nate

Nate

This is stupid. Warsaw was totally destroyed after WWII. I recommend you to watch this - maybe you will change your mind. Visualisation of Warsaw after war.. [www.youtube.com]

Date: February 21, 2018 21:09

Nate

Nate

I actually like Warsaw more than other Polish cities except for my hometown.

Date: February 21, 2018 21:11

grzegorz67
Nate

Nate

I know many Poles and I've visited Warsaw many times. Before WW2 it was apparently a beautiful city then it was destroyed in those 6 years, especially so in the Uprising of 1944. They then had 40 years of Communism, when it became a concrete jungle. Not the Poles' fault. It has improved drastically with 28-29 years of democracy & freedom but I agree that there's still a long way to go.

The City I have no problem with at all and I always enjoy my visits there as I love the people and atmosphere. My issues are with that stadium, which though an excellent sports stadium, has about the worst concert accoustics ever according to just about every Pole I know or have spoken to who's ever seen a concert there. If it was at any other venue in the country I'd definitely go. The 1998 show in Chorzow, 200 miles further South was one of the best Stones gigs I've ever been to. Loads of footage of it on Youtube as it was professionally filmed and broadcast 2 weeks later.

Mick Jagger doesn't care if people have good sound at the concert or not. The main thing is they PAY nevertheless. Maybe he even doesn't know the Warsaw sound problems yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 21:12 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8990919293949596979899...LastNext
Current Page: 94 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home