Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 15:06

MisterDDDD
Nice to see the banners/billboards popping up again.

Gotta be a bit confusing to those not in the know though.. cool smiley

Wow! That's Edinburgh. My University Town and I still make the 400 mile trip there a few times a year to watch my beloved Heart of Midlothian FC play smiling smiley Murrayfield is an excellent venue and this would appear to confirm it's on. That looks familiar - it might be Leith Walk. Definitely an Edinburgh bus though.

Date: February 20, 2018 15:13

Rollin92
Just spoke with booking staff at the Principality Stadium, apparently nothing has been signed yet as negotiations are ongoing but they are hopeful the Stones will play.

The Principality hosts several gigs a year and has very much been a recognised port of call for big crowdpulling Acts since it opened. It gets my vote as Britain's best big stadium by an absolute mile. Logistics are perfect so I can only imagine the hold up is down to money. I will go if it happens.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 20, 2018 15:43

jumpontopofmebaby
Would have been cool to have had a little red stones tongue off in one corner of the sign

Surprised me that they didn't as well... or replace the "o" with one.
I remember when they first(?) used the billboards on the Zip Code tour in/near each city they were playing.. believe they started out as just the tongue and dates added later.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 15:57

going back to Croke Park and why addidional concerts are a probelm

the residents are up in arms cause there lives will be disturbed for about 5/6 days cause of this show (crew setting up, band rehearsing, people coming to and from the venue etc) where they will already be disturbed 3 times already with 3 shows already fixed for June/July. A weekday concert is a probelm too with people trying to get home from work/kids from school etc. Id say 90% residents love the concerts happening around them (id love it tbh) and some even have BBQs/partys when there on. Its hard for us giving out about them and im mad at hell at them too cause if the show doesnt get the green light i have too travel to the uk to se the band and prob never see them in my own country (poor me smiling smiley.

In Ireland the Garth Brooks thing in 2014 was a disaster, the whole place was on high alert for the ticket sale and people qued for days in the shit weather to get them. It was a complete @#$%& up by Garth, his management and Aiken. Orignally his comeback special was announced as 2 nights, then he added a 3rd and then 4th/5th with 3 one direction concerts already taking place that summer there. When only 3 of the 5 night was granted a licence there was uproar and the whole place was in a standstill (I had a ticket for the 1st night and was pissed off). Polticians, the prime minister, hotel owners all got involved to try and fix the issue, Garth himself promised 'he would do anything to play the 5 shows' and they even tried to get Barrack Obama involved too eye rolling smiley. In the end Garth pulled the plug and has not come back since and made millions touring America the last few years. The funny thing is Brooks is not widly known all over the UK and the rest of Europe

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 20, 2018 15:58

new Keith pic: [twitter.com]

He's obviously working hard on the new tour/album

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:12

Someone saw other billboards with NoStopping in other places?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:14

Healy52003
the residents are up in arms cause there lives will be disturbed for about 5/6 days cause of this show (crew setting up, band rehearsing, people coming to and from the venue etc) where they will already be disturbed 3 times already with 3 shows already fixed for June/July.

I guess.
Can't comment too much not knowing the area, but difficult to agree with the 5/6 day impact. Crew setting up and sound checks or even rehearsals nearby (unlikely) typically isn't much of an impact on a community. Really talking about one day. The rest of the impact could probably be tallied in the positive column.. restaurant sales, taxes, hotels etc. generate a lot of revenue.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:23

ha ha, Slewan. That's a great pic of Keith channeling Miami Vice!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:25

grzegorz67
MisterDDDD

Wow! That's Edinburgh. My University Town and I still make the 400 mile trip there a few times a year to watch my beloved Heart of Midlothian FC play smiling smiley Murrayfield is an excellent venue and this would appear to confirm it's on. That looks familiar - it might be Leith Walk. Definitely an Edinburgh bus though.

the more I look at this picture the more I get the feeling that something is wrong with it. first of all: Everything on the picture has a shadow - execpt for the billboard and the lamp post in front of it.
The angle of the billboard seems to be somehow wrong, too. The silver part at the base and the silver part at the top of the billboard are in different angles

I might be wrong but – has anybody been able to identiy that corner?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 16:31 by slewan.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:27

MisterDDDD
Healy52003
the residents are up in arms cause there lives will be disturbed for about 5/6 days cause of this show (crew setting up, band rehearsing, people coming to and from the venue etc) where they will already be disturbed 3 times already with 3 shows already fixed for June/July.

I guess.
Can't comment too much not knowing the area, but difficult to agree with the 5/6 day impact. Crew setting up and sound checks or even rehearsals nearby (unlikely) typically isn't much of an impact on a community. Really talking about one day. The rest of the impact could probably be tallied in the positive column.. restaurant sales, taxes, hotels etc. generate a lot of revenue.

agree very much and a few residents may work in the stadium too, some even sell homemade bottles of water/merch outside there houses

I was drinking around the city centre before the u2 gig ast summer and everywhere was hoping, although it was a Saturday the Rolling stones day will be very busy too and i plan on having a few drinks before the show too.

The country lost Millions (Hospitailty sector mainly) after the Garth Brooks fiasco

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:44

slewan
grzegorz67
MisterDDDD

the more I look at this picture the more I get the feeling that something is wrong with it. first of all: Everything on the picture has a shadow - execpt for the billboard and the lamp post in front of it.
The angle of the billboard seems to be somehow wrong, too. The silver part at the base and the silver part at the top of the billboard are in different angles

You see the yellow shadow on the road !

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:46

Healy52003
MisterDDDD
Healy52003

I guess.

agree very much and a few residents may work in the stadium too, some even sell homemade bottles of water/merch outside there houses

I was drinking around the city centre before the u2 gig ast summer and everywhere was hoping, although it was a Saturday the Rolling stones day will be very busy too and i plan on having a few drinks before the show too.

The country lost Millions (Hospitailty sector mainly) after the Garth Brooks fiasco

They *said* they lost millions; really they (the hospitality sector) just never got what they'd hoped to.

If you tell me that there's a good chance - but nothing guaranteed - of me having a million quid by next month, I'm an idiot if I put down an order for a sports car tomorrow, and I certainly can't say that I've 'lost' a million quid if it doesn't pan out, can I? smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:46

slewan

"Forrest" is the clue: [www.forrestgroup.co.uk]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:54

DeanGoodman
slewan

For those who might want to see a live webcam from that corner: [www.forrestgroup.co.uk]

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 16:56

DeanGoodman
slewan

Not in the loop anymore... [www.forrestgroup.co.uk]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:05

The advertising boards are definitely up.

Nate

Date: February 20, 2018 17:11

Cristiano Radtke
DeanGoodman
slewan

For those who might want to see a live webcam from that corner: [www.forrestgroup.co.uk]

So it is Leith Walk. I thought it looked familiar. Once again Cristiano's Rolling Stones radar doesn't miss anything anywhere in the World grinning smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:15

MisterDDDD

Gotta love the way this billboard/screen stands up vertically just like the No Filter stage screens!

thumbs up

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:20

slewan
grzegorz67
MisterDDDD

Here :[www.google.fr]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:22

peoplewitheyes
ha ha, Slewan. That's a great pic of Keith channeling Miami Vice!

Nah he's channeling "Love Boat".

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:24

MisterDDDD
Healy52003

I guess.

its in a residential area. Its not really a part of the city that has a lot of restaurants and nightlife etc so the positive financial impact on the local area is minimal.

Plus its not as if the venue isnt used to staging massive events. It hosts GAA matches regularly on weekends for much of the year. The issue is more to do with noise from a concert and disruption on a weekday, I would imagine. Three shows a year is quite a small number for a residents group to allow when you think about it - and there have been concerts held there for a long time (mostly in the last decade or so although U2 in 1985 was the first I can remember) so that gives the impression that they're really not that keen on having them in the first place.

Just had a look and they've really stuck to the '3 shows maximum' in recent years with one exception - 2009, when Take That did a show followed by a weekend of 3 U2 gigs a couple of weeks later.

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:45

This picture has been taken looking up Leith Walk towards the city centre. In fact about a half mile further up the road on the same side is the Edinburgh Playhouse where the boys played in 1982. Just past The Stones ad the road which branches right is called Pilrig Street.

I stay in South Queensferry, approx 15-20 miles from the site of this picture.

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: February 20, 2018 17:47

Date: February 20, 2018 17:58

MARSEILLE not MARSEILLES.....

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:01

Sunshine on Leith? More than just an album title. Here's hoping Murrayfield will be the Bernabeu of the tour.

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:03

justeillusion

In French : Marseille
In English : Marseilles

Just like Lyon (F) and Lyons (E)

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:04

RedRedRobin
[mobile.twitter.com]
We are at the moment when everyone is just copying rumours from iorr.org. It's nothing more than schedule made by Bjornulf

Date: February 20, 2018 18:09

RedRedRobin
justeillusion

In French : Marseille
In English : Marseilles

Just like Lyon (F) and Lyons (E)

not S à MARSEILLE!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:32

Another rehash of the Warsaw rumour about the concert at the National Stadium on July 7, with a possible official announcement on February 26: [warszawa.naszemiasto.pl]

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 20, 2018 18:41

Cristiano - nothing more than copy & paste of the IORR rumours, I believe... I believe the date itself has not leaked yet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home