Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 20, 2018 00:01

terry
My guess is No Stopping is the title of the new single....I wish

No new single or album, but a new hits compilation is being discussed right now to cash in, all their compilations are out of print.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 20, 2018 00:03

geordiestone
Cardiff and Leeds? And 2 in Manchester really?

Another UK date is still an option.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 20, 2018 00:07

georgelicks
Dublin (1 show)
London Stadium (1 show)
Twickenham (1 show)

Manchester (2 shows)
Southampton (1 show)
Edinburgh (1 show)
Varsovia (1 show)
Marseilles (1 show)
Berlin (1 show)

That's already signed, there's room for only 1 or 2 more shows, Portugal, Italy, Russia and another UK date are options.

Thats a bit shit if they have to play in two different London stadiums several weeks apart.

However, the licence application for two Twickenham shows hasnt been approved yet - am I right in saying that they should get one ok, but there might be problems getting approval for both?

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 20, 2018 00:17

georgelicks
geordiestone
Cardiff and Leeds? And 2 in Manchester really?

Another UK date is still an option.
Then surely Cardiff will get one.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 20, 2018 00:40

Gazza
Thats a bit shit if they have to play in two different London stadiums several weeks apart.

However, the licence application for two Twickenham shows hasnt been approved yet - am I right in saying that they should get one ok, but there might be problems getting approval for both?

Decision on it not due until Mar 21, but I think you're right in your assessment.
Wonder if perhaps they decided to just book another venue (London Stadium?) instead of waiting.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: February 20, 2018 00:58

well..... who cares about a tour title?

As long as it's not "NO STONES".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 20, 2018 01:26

Strange having two separate London shows weeks apart in different stadiums which are in two completely different areas of London.
I recall being in London in 2012 and watching the Olympics on tv, and it seemed to be a beautiful stadium.

According to this wiki page > London Stadium, they just started having concerts in 2016 - I see that AC/DC (or Axl/DC), Depeche Mode, Guns N Roses, and Robbie Williams have played there.
Has anyone here ever been to this stadium for a concert? Or a football match? Or for the Olympics? Or any other reason? If so, how is it as a venue?
Being that it's still fairly new, I'd think the state-of-the-art qualities might be a positive. The again, maybe it's just a massive monstrosity?
Whatever the case, kind of a hassle for those who want to attend both shows as far making travel arrangements, etc.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 20, 2018 01:31

Hairball
Strange having two separate London shows weeks apart in different stadiums which are in two completely different areas of London.
I recall being in London in 2012 and watching the Olympics on tv, and it seemed to be a beautiful stadium.

According to this wiki page > London Stadium, they just started having concerts in 2016 - I see that AC/DC (or Axl/DC), Depeche Mode, Guns N Roses, and Robbie Williams have played there.
Has anyone here ever been to this stadium for a concert? Or a football match? Or for the Olympics? Or any other reason? If so, how is it as a venue?
Being that it's still fairly new, I'd think the state-of-the-art qualities might be a positive. The again, maybe it's just a massive monstrosity?
Whatever the case, kind of a hassle for those who want to attend both shows as far making travel arrangements, etc.
Saw AC DC. Boring consert stadium.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 01:32

Hairball

travelled over for Guns N Roses there last summer and was really impressed

sound is good and views are superb from all areas. good transport around the area

one thing the UK does is have brillent sound in stadiums for shows. Sounds in the Aviva and Croke Park in Ireland can be hit and miss

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 20, 2018 01:38

Hairball

It looks like a spaceship surrounded by water, no visible close walking hotels...

Date: February 20, 2018 01:44

35love
Hairball

It looks like a spaceship surrounded by water, no visible close walking hotels...

Looks like there's several within a mile, including a couple of Holiday Inns, a Traveloge, etc.
Hotels near London stadium

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 20, 2018 01:44

Digging around on the gov't planning site, it appears that the decision due by date has changed to May 10th. Not sure if thats normal, or if I'm even reading it correctly, but could be the reason the second show is rumored to have been scrapped.. (?)
[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

Planning application number: 17/4528/VRC

Twickenham Rugby Football Union Stadium 200 Whitton Road Twickenham TW2 7BA (View on map)

DetailsProgressDocuments and images
Latest: Assessment stage

Decision due: 10/05/2018

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 20, 2018 01:50

Hairball
35love
Hairball

Looks like there's several within a mile, including a couple of Holiday Inns, a Traveloge, etc.

I get the feeling I’m not going. Are you going? I know you said pass before...
#overwhelmed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 01:52 by 35love.

Date: February 20, 2018 02:48

MisterDDDD
Digging around on the gov't planning site, it appears that the decision due by date has changed to May 10th. Not sure if thats normal, or if I'm even reading it correctly, but could be the reason the second show is rumored to have been scrapped.. (?)
[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

Planning application number: 17/4528/VRC

Twickenham Rugby Football Union Stadium 200 Whitton Road Twickenham TW2 7BA (View on map)

DetailsProgressDocuments and images
Latest: Assessment stage

Decision due: 10/05/2018

Maybe thats the latest date that they can approve it?

If Im reading this right, it seems that the residents had until 9th February to raise objections. There was a flurry of them in the last 3-4 days and then just two (12th and 13th) after that date, so maybe its just a case of approving/rejecting it now? Just guesswork on my part but its not reasonable to wait until 6 weeks before any event on this scale to decide on a licence considering the fact that the initial application was received on 20th December.

Date: February 20, 2018 02:56

saw this on boards

Croke Park residents association are holding a meeting too discuss 'the impacts of a 4th Croke Park concert' on the community next Monday night

this doesn't sound too good

Date: February 20, 2018 03:21

Healy52003
saw this on boards

Croke Park residents association are holding a meeting too discuss 'the impacts of a 4th Croke Park concert' on the community next Monday night

How do you make that out? Of course theyre going to hold a meeting. The concert is one more than they normally permit. Thats the whole point of having a residents group. They'd be remiss if they didnt meet to discuss it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 03:22 by Gazza.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 20, 2018 03:26

MisterDDDD
Would LOVE this for the title of the tour!

NO STOPPING! “Music is a necessity. After food, air, water and warmth, music is the next necessity of life.”
Keith Richards

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 20, 2018 03:28

35love
Hairball
35love
Hairball

I get the feeling I’m not going. Are you going? I know you said pass before...
#overwhelmed

My wife and I have tentative plans to be back in the UK around that time visiting family and friends in Chester and London (as well as hopping over to the Netherlands and France), but have no plans on seeing the Stones anywhere. That said, if the stars align and we happen to cross paths with the Stones somewhere along the way and the price is right - can't totally count that out (similar to how we did it in *Vegas '16).
#NoStopping #StonesSoCal #StonesVegas #NoUrgency #NoStress

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 03:31 by Hairball.

Date: February 20, 2018 03:33

Gazza
Healy52003
saw this on boards

How do you make that out? Of course theyre going to hold a meeting. The concert is one more than they normally permit. Thats the whole point of having a residents group. They'd be remiss if they didnt meet to discuss it

They were a huge influence in the Garth Brooks concerts being called off in 2014. That whole sanrio was a bit all over the place and I'll post the full story of it underneath

[www.thejournal.ie]

Date: February 20, 2018 04:07

Healy52003
Gazza
Healy52003
saw this on boards

They were a huge influence in the Garth Brooks concerts being called off in 2014. That whole sanrio was a bit all over the place and I'll post the full story of it underneath

[www.thejournal.ie]

I'm well aware of the story but in that case they were perfectly justified as the promoter jumped the gun and just assumed theyd go along with the extra dates that were added and which sold out before going through any licence application.

In the end the decision to call off all five dates was down to Brooks himself as he wouldnt settle for only doing three.

This scenario is entirely different. The promoter has gone through all the proper channels. In fairness, the residents are perfectly within their rights to block the gig as they have an agreement for 3 a year and this is #4.

Hopefully there'll be some kind of compromise. Maybe it'll mean just two being allowed in 2019 or something like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 04:08 by Gazza.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 20, 2018 06:45

FINALLY, after 83 pages of "they once played Italy on a Saturday so..." we have something official that suggests there will even be a tour. I'll wait for the official announcement to discern the dates and venue.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 20, 2018 07:42

StonedInTokyo
FINALLY, after 83 pages of "they once played Italy on a Saturday so..." we have something official that suggests there will even be a tour. I'll wait for the official announcement to discern the dates and venue.

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 20, 2018 08:21

Commuting-wise, surely the London Stadium is more convenient than Twickenham? A short-ish journey to Strattford on the Jubilee Line from London Waterloo.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 20, 2018 10:27

StonedInTokyo

The stage plan layout for the Dublin show was somerthbg offical last week.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 20, 2018 10:36

confused smiley confused smiley [m.facebook.com]

Details
Clonliffe & Croke Park Area Residents Association is holding a public meeting to discuss the proposed 4th concert planned for Croke Park Stadium this summer. Come along and have your say! The meeting will take place at the Barbara Ward Centre at 7.30pm on Monday 26 February.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: February 20, 2018 10:41

Hairball

I was there to see AC/DC, first concert ever in this venue. Very modern, well accessible, a big stadium in a big park with food&drinks&hotel village basically. Had a great time.

You can read report on AC/DC here with some visuals:http://acdcbelgium.blogspot.com

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 20, 2018 11:00

Big Al
Commuting-wise, surely the London Stadium is more convenient than Twickenham? A short-ish journey to Strattford on the Jubilee Line from London Waterloo.

Agreed. Unless you live in SW London. I have been to London Stadium for the Paraolympics in 2012 it was easy and seemed like a great venue as stadiums go. My daughter has seen Jay Z there and had a great time

Date: February 20, 2018 11:03

Lien

Details
Clonliffe & Croke Park Area Residents Association is holding a public meeting to discuss the proposed 4th concert planned for Croke Park Stadium this summer. Come along and have your say! The meeting will take place at the Barbara Ward Centre at 7.30pm on Monday 26 February.

date suggests full tour won't be announced on the 26th Feb ???

don't book flights to Dublin yet as these residents don't mess around. the 3 concerts per year agreement is looking to be broke

A crying shame if the show doesn't go ahead but it's there lives were affecting

Date: February 20, 2018 11:11

Healy52003
Lien

Details

date suggests full tour won't be announced on the 26th Feb ???

don't book flights to Dublin yet as these residents don't mess around. the 3 concerts per year agreement is looking to be broke

A crying shame if the show doesn't go ahead but it's there lives were affecting

Yes absolutely horrible.

The stress and time they are wasting now with their protest are way worse than one evening of great background music (and free tickets i assume).

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 20, 2018 11:18

Maybe its about some other concert and you dont have to worry? Maybe Stones will be 3rd act in this park and they are disscusing about 4th concert, right?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1981
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home