Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 18, 2018 17:43

For those who speak Portuguese, André aka StonesPlanetBrazil just updated his blog:

[stonesplanetbrazil.com]

Date: February 18, 2018 17:45

For those who speak Portuguese, André aka StonesPlanetBrazil just updated his blog:

[stonesplanetbrazil.com]

Says London will get 2-3 shows, not necessarily at the same venue or in order.

Mentions Warsaw, Berlin and Marseille too.

Tour would be less than 14 shows. May/June.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-18 17:46 by Topi.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: February 18, 2018 18:02

Topi

[stonesplanetbrazil.com]

but there are rumours only from IORR.org?

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: February 18, 2018 18:03

flairville
austrianstones
just for info:
what`s the easiest,fastest and ,of course, cheapest way from london to manchester ? train,bus or plane ? thanx

Virgin trains. Should be around £40 return trip if you book in advance. The best tickets are released three months before the travel date. Takes less than two hours.

thanks smiling smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: February 18, 2018 18:10

flairville
austrianstones
just for info:
what`s the easiest,fastest and ,of course, cheapest way from london to manchester ? train,bus or plane ? thanx

Virgin trains. Should be around £40 return trip if you book in advance. The best tickets are released three months before the travel date. Takes less than two hours.

National Express bus is as little as 5 GBP each way, if you don't mind a mildly tedious 5 hr ride.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 18, 2018 18:28

The west coast mainline that Virgin west coast trains use is not the most reliable and quite often has engineering works being carried out especially at weekends which can cause delays and cancellations.
Virgin trains also use the east coast line which is what you would take if traveling from London to Edinburgh,I'm not so familiar with the reliability of this line.
If you are a member of Virgin Atlantic frequent flyer scheme then you can collect points when booking with Virgin trains west coast and east coast,you can also use points to book trains on the east coast line but can not book with points for the west coast line.

Nate

Date: February 18, 2018 18:35

zgredzik
Topi

[stonesplanetbrazil.com]

but there are rumours only from IORR.org?

Not entirely. From what I gather the guy's pretty well connected. Granted he didn't post anything not already mentioned in this thread.

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: February 18, 2018 19:04

Monsoon Ragoon
slewan
mikey C
Many from Prague will attend it's only 4 hour's away.....

in case they'll be able to afford the tickets…

I wouldn't be very surprised if Prague itself gets a show. They've been there on four world tour and the last visit is 15 years ago (although, yes they played 1 1/2 hours outside of Prague eleven years ago). I think Prague is very expensive for East Europe and the purchase power relative high, you can sell tickets for a relative high price. The Stones seem to like Prague, otherwise they had not booked the 2003 date around Jagger's birthday. I don't know why they didn't play there 2014 or 2017.

Havel basically brought them to prague, they were friends.

Prague is very different from the rest of the republic. there are hundreds of thousands of turists at all times during the year and the buying power is not a problem anymore. artist like morricone, metallica, pearl jam and others often play o2 arena for 20K people and the prices are comparable to germany and other EU states. the arena sells out in hours, few days max.

there are good places for them to play, on letná - they played 2003 for 80K people, in the o2, all in city center.
the airport is good, there are awesome hotels and people here would definitely like to see them.
they are still a big symbol for a lot of people here, since they listened to them illegally on underground tapes.

it would be nice, but wont happen.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 18, 2018 19:17

Topi

[stonesplanetbrazil.com]

Final show London, Wembley
that makes 3 gigs in London.
jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 18, 2018 19:30

Healy52003
I wonder will they market the UK/Ire tour part sep than the other euro dates ???

Seems doubtful considering there will only be about 14 shows in total within a two or three month time frame according to the rumours and speculation, but who knows?
As the title of this thread suggests "UK and More", but the tour page BV has set up says "STONES UK & IRELAND 2018 (This table updated Feb 16, 2018)".
With Marseilles now being officially listed on the Rumours list, might need another update on the title of that page.
I see no mention of Warsaw or Berlin yet - maybe the next update?

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 18, 2018 20:46

[twitter.com]

If you want to be the first to hear the latest news and exclusives from Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, then make sure you’re signed up to The Rolling Stones newsletter, you wouldn’t want to miss out! the-rolling-stones.lnk.to/SignUpFP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-18 20:47 by Christiaan.

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 18, 2018 21:40

slightly concerned Manchester show if it is Old Trafford will be fully seated. There isn't many recent shows to go off as they generally don't have concerts there. I remember Genesis in 2007 was fully seated and Billy Joel this year is also fully seated.
Did anyone see the Springsteen show ? what was the situation there ?

Really hope it is pitch standing as it will ruin the atmosphere if not especially if they play a mid week show.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2018 22:10

Just booked an inexpensive hotel near the Velodrome in Marseille.. (B&B Hôtel Marseille Prado Vélodrome).. No deposit req'd on Hotels.com and can cancel until day before.. Concerned once it's officially announced, prices will go up.

Have the time to make this show if the rumored date is correct, but knowing literally <zero> french, fairly intimidating travel. Three minute walk to the stadium tho- and close to transit... Looks to be about a 6 hour commute by train from London.. anyone familiar with getting to and from ??

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 18, 2018 22:15

Topi

[stonesplanetbrazil.com]

nothing that we haven't heard and discussed in lengh here before – except for "no shows in Brazil", of course…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-18 22:27 by slewan.

And Here's Ronnie!
Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 16:04

[twitter.com]

The 2nd coolest man in the world, who to play music with the coolest guy in the world.......when he's not flipping pancakes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 16:05 by Jesse1960.

Re: And Here's Ronnie!
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 16:06

Lookin' good, Mr. Wood!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 14, 2018 16:13

“Good news soon...”??? Hope he’s talking about ticket prices! grinning smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 14, 2018 16:14

Nice floor. I’ve already commented on the pancakes 8 different times at 5 different places.
WHAT’S THE NEWS?...

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 14, 2018 16:30

P.S.
Ronnie looks great, and I love live ‘now’ little clips of our guys.

Date: February 14, 2018 18:43

Pancakes... I can't help but wonder what that has to do with the tour grinning smiley

A flat stage, like a pancake? A round stage? A burning stage?

What's next, Keith making dough eggs? smoking smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 14, 2018 18:52

A special edition of the new record made out of pancakes? grinning smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 14, 2018 19:38

DandelionPowderman
Pancakes... I can't help but wonder what that has to do with the tour grinning smiley

Yesterday, February 13th, was "international pancake day" so I'm thinking that there's probably not much connection between the pancake and any Stones activity.

That being said, I'm hoping for a "Shut Up, Ronnie" comment from Mick to verify that Ronnie's "Good News Soon" comment was tour related.

C'mon, Mick... Ronnie's about to spill the news!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 14, 2018 19:39

International pancake day.. Ah, I get it! Thanks, D.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 14, 2018 19:41

ROTFLMOA grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 19:50

mr_dja
DandelionPowderman

Yesterday, February 13th, was "international pancake day" so I'm thinking that there's probably not much connection between the pancake and any Stones activity.

That being said, I'm hoping for a "Shut Up, Ronnie" comment from Mick to verify that Ronnie's "Good News Soon" comment was tour related.

C'mon, Mick... Ronnie's about to spill the news!!!

Ronnie has a long history of being by far the most likely band member to let the cat out of the bag re touring plansthumbs up

I have a photo of him wearing what I'm pretty sure is the same jersey in Oslo on 14OF when he stood out the front of his hotel in the main street having a smoke.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:08

SomeTorontoGirl

More chance of everyone here being invited to an after party at Redlands after the Southampton show than the ticket prices being lowered.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:31

Prince liked to make pancakes.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: February 14, 2018 23:40

Jesse1960
[twitter.com]

The 2nd coolest man in the world, who to play music with the coolest guy in the world.......when he's not flipping pancakes.

Ronnie is a multi talented artist which translates into having cooking skills. I hear he makes a mean Hungarian beef goulash. He got the recipe from Zsa Zsa Gabor when she briefly joined the Stones on tour in the 1980s.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:48

Nate
SomeTorontoGirl

More chance of everyone here being invited to an after party at Redlands after the Southampton show than the ticket prices being lowered.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I can’t argue with you. More likely that Keith would come to my next wine and cheeeeese party. (‘Cheese is very wrong.’)

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:56

35love
WHAT’S THE NEWS?...

In lieu of a new album/tour/whatever, the Rolling Stones will back each IORR member his/her own personalised pancake, home delivery guaranteed. Keef pancakes may contain traces of Jack ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 02:58 by doitywoik.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home