Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 14, 2018 21:21

Royal Albert Hall please.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: February 14, 2018 21:30

Nate

now that I would pay a lot of money for

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 14, 2018 21:32

Gazza
True. And the Emirates has been used for gigs too.

But if there were extra shows in the capital around that time frame, you would think that it might be indoor shows added after Twickenham (ideally) sells out.

I cant envisage them playing three or more shows in two different stadiums in London a month apart.

They would never sell out three or four stadium shows in London plus one in the South, only a hour drive from the London suburbs. That's unlikely unless they reduce the prices, which is even more unlikely.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 14, 2018 21:55

It could just be that the May London reference from Sandy Beach refers to the Stones rehearsing in London before the rumoured tour opener in Dublin.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:05

Nate

very unlikely – since there's some show at RAH nearly every day in May.
Beside that the accoustic in RAH is not that great

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:07

My guess is three London gigs all at the Olympic Stadium. Hampden Park in Glasgow will get one, Dublin looks a certainty, maybe Belfast, Cardiff, blunderlands stadium of shite, Manchester Etihad, Villa Park Birmingham. There is 10, It'd be unlikely they will play anywhere except London more than once. Some of the above mentioned stadiums may be wrong but I'd guess the cities mentioned are correct.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:11

Hello,

If we’re veering into complete speculation, Mick, is there any chance of a couple of shows at The Roundhouse?

Thought not, but no harm in asking...

Cheers,

Simon.

ps Blackpool Tower Ballroom *might* be available...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:19

Last year tickets für Düsseldorf and Arnhem were available again on the days before the show at TM. Including GA tix.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:20

slewan
Nate

I've seen different shows from various positions in the hall and always found the sound very good.

Nate

Posted by: justeillusion ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:21

[www.leprogres.fr]

Les stones Marseille!!! Yeahhh!!

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:21

geordiestone
My guess is three London gigs all at the Olympic Stadium. Hampden Park in Glasgow will get one, Dublin looks a certainty, maybe Belfast, Cardiff, blunderlands stadium of shite, Manchester Etihad, Villa Park Birmingham. There is 10, It'd be unlikely they will play anywhere except London more than once. Some of the above mentioned stadiums may be wrong but I'd guess the cities mentioned are correct.

Bjornulf’s rumours say Murrayfield, Edinburgh for Scotland, and if so I’ll be glad. It’s the best stadium in Scotland by a country mile. Most Scottish Football fans, me included, hate Hampden - it’s an absolute toilet!

[iorr.org]

Sunderland turned them down and the Man Hester Show(s) are expected to be at Old Trafford.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:31

Yeah I was at Murrayfield in 99 and stadium was great. I can't see where they'd play in the North East because St.James Park is unsuitable now for the biggest artists as some seats are like almost in the clouds so bearing that in mind maybe Leeds or Sheffield.

Date: February 14, 2018 22:37

geordiestone
Yeah I was at Murrayfield in 99 and stadium was great. I can't see where they'd play in the North East because St.James Park is unsuitable now for the biggest artists as some seats are like almost in the clouds so bearing that in mind maybe Leeds or Sheffield.

I was at Murrayfield ‘99 too, in GA very near the front. Wild show! Leeds maybe. I can’t see Sheffield as Don Valley was demolished a few years back and Hillsborugh and Bramall Lane have no history of concerts. Villa Park hasn’t hosted a show for many years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 23:13 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:56

Do they ever hold concerts in Roundhay Park nowadays ?

sc uk

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:59

justeillusion
[www.leprogres.fr]

Les stones Marseille!!! Yeahhh!!

Hotel Le Corbusier near the Velodrome is already sold out, but the (more expensive) Marriott AC Hotel next to the stadium has availability. Maybe they've taken the first one (an iconic piece of architecture, but relatively cheap hotel) for the crew. Provence is magnificent, Marseille an interesting (not always pretty) city. The next Eurostar from London to Marseille post-Twickenham on the 23rd is on the Monday morning 25th June (GBP 57 at the moment...).

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 22:59

Patience is running thin

Announce the tour please stones lol

2 weeks tomorrow since the Croke Park 4th concert licence was submitted. They would be foolish to announce the show before the licence is granted after the 2014 Garth Brooks disaster. Possibly the band are waiting for word on it to announce the full tour ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 23:20 by Healy52003.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 14, 2018 23:03

Elland road for the Leeds gig.
Bingley bandstand for the warm up.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 23:16

geordiestone

It's like watching subbeto football at Newcastle, it's gone past nose bleeds lol

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 15, 2018 00:15

slewan
Nate

Correct. Its not great. Its actually fantastic.

Date: February 15, 2018 00:18

geordiestone

I live in Belfast. There is absolutely no rumours of a show here and if theyre playing Croke Park, pretty much no chance of a show anywhere else on the island.

Sunderland has already been ruled out and Edinburgh seems more likely than Glasgow

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 15, 2018 00:24

Gazza
bv
Lucky dip tickets don't cost that much. Pay attention here and learn the ways to get them, find a friend to share the pair, and you will see the Stones for a price not far from the price you would have to pay to see your favorite football team on their home ground, which is a growing expence these days. The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.

Hopefully they'll use that system this year. As I havent seen the Stones since this system came into use, I havent really followed it that much, whats roughly the % of those tickets which turn out to be really good upgrades (ie pit or best seats). I presume the majority would be the worst tickets in the venue - if so, are they generally bad? (obstructed view, poor sound etc?). I've seen lots of reports of delighted fans who ended up in the pit but I'd imagine that those who dont get that lucky would rarely feel the need to comment on where they got seated as they didnt expect much.

It seems a good system if youre a casual fan, doing multiple shows on a budget or not travelling far, I think. I just wouldnt want to book a flight to a gig, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel - and then end up with a place in the stadium where the sound and visual experience is so bad, it makes me feel that I may as well have stayed at home and watched it on a periscope.

Was thinking I might try it for Dublin as its only two hours away from me, but as that stadium is massive and the sound in the nosebleeds is notoriously bad, I'm in two minds about it.

Gazz, using say u haven't seen a show since Lucky Dips have been in place, but u were at Waldbuhne during the 14 On Fire tour, were u not?

plexi

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 15, 2018 00:34

Hometown Gig,Edinburgh Murrayfield is only right and fitting to be the final Scottish gig. I was there in 1999 and it was electric. Also was at the Edinburgh Playhouse in 1982,both gigs rank as the finest shows I have seen. Also been to all the Glasgow shows since 1976.Glasgow 2006 was the worst Stones show I have seen anywhere. "It's good to be back in the Capital of Scotland".

Date: February 15, 2018 00:43

timbernardis
Gazza
bv
Lucky dip tickets don't cost that much. Pay attention here and learn the ways to get them, find a friend to share the pair, and you will see the Stones for a price not far from the price you would have to pay to see your favorite football team on their home ground, which is a growing expence these days. The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.

Hopefully they'll use that system this year. As I havent seen the Stones since this system came into use, I havent really followed it that much, whats roughly the % of those tickets which turn out to be really good upgrades (ie pit or best seats). I presume the majority would be the worst tickets in the venue - if so, are they generally bad? (obstructed view, poor sound etc?). I've seen lots of reports of delighted fans who ended up in the pit but I'd imagine that those who dont get that lucky would rarely feel the need to comment on where they got seated as they didnt expect much.

It seems a good system if youre a casual fan, doing multiple shows on a budget or not travelling far, I think. I just wouldnt want to book a flight to a gig, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel - and then end up with a place in the stadium where the sound and visual experience is so bad, it makes me feel that I may as well have stayed at home and watched it on a periscope.

Was thinking I might try it for Dublin as its only two hours away from me, but as that stadium is massive and the sound in the nosebleeds is notoriously bad, I'm in two minds about it.

Gazz, using say u haven't seen a show since Lucky Dips have been in place, but u were at Waldbuhne during the 14 On Fire tour, were u not?

plexi

Yes. There were no Lucky Dips in place then.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 15, 2018 00:53

Gazza
timbernardis
Gazza
bv

plexi

Actually, there were Lucky Dips for that show/tour because I bought them for both Berlin and Rome - was worth trying in those venues bc they were both all GA shows. The LDs started during the 2013 arena tour - I got them for Chicago and Philly. I ended up in the upper level for both Chi and Philly but the guards came to our section in Chi and upgraded everyone sitting there. I also got LDs for the Vegas show in 2016 - I got seats in the 100s about 3/4 of the way back and self upgraded to better seats. I did not get LDs for the shows I saw last fall in Barcelona, Amsterdam, and Paris. I was able to get pits for 3 of the shows on ticket drops and got gold GA for the other. Most people with LDs at the Paris shows seemed to get GA and pit. I did talk to some LD people at the Amsterdam show who got pit there as well. It's more of a gamble at the stadium shows because you don't want to get stuck up top but it seems they have a fair amount of good seats available at the stadiums for LDs. It's a good option if you're going to multiple shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 00:55 by hooked.

Date: February 15, 2018 01:11

Tonstone
Hometown Gig,Edinburgh Murrayfield is only right and fitting to be the final Scottish gig. I was there in 1999 and it was electric. Also was at the Edinburgh Playhouse in 1982,both gigs rank as the finest shows I have seen. Also been to all the Glasgow shows since 1976.Glasgow 2006 was the worst Stones show I have seen anywhere. "It's good to be back in the Capital of Scotland".

Please tell me you’re kidding. Did he really say that???

I was at Murrayfield ‘99 amd the band were on fire that night. GA standing was the wildest ever with no Golden Circle, Argentina style. Security was rather porous with cans and bottles Rolling around the floor. Hopefully this show comes to fruition as I will definitely attend. Scottish Concert audiences Must be amongst Europe’s wildest so for any non Scots planning to visit, be prepared >grinning smiley<

Date: February 15, 2018 01:45

One small note -- when "Lucky Dips" first debuted during the US 2013 50 and Counting tour, they were not called that. That particular moniker came later. Plus, the tix at that time were $85, and on later tours, less than that.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2018 01:59

timbernardis
One small note -- when "Lucky Dips" first debuted during the US 50 and Counting tour, they were not called that. That particular moniker came later. Plus, the tix at that time were $85, and on later tours, were less than that.

plexi

Do you remember what they were originally called during the 50 and Counting Tour?

EDIT: Found this dated 1 April 2014 for the 14 n Fire Tour:

Lucky Dip tickets to sold out Europe shows on sale tomorrow and Thursday

Can't find anything yet on the US 50 and Counting cheapies (or whatever they called them ), but they had the system in place where you pick up envelope the just before the show.
I remember something about once you got your envelope, you had to go immediately in to the show which might have been the case for Vegas, but don't think it was quite as rigid for the Staples shows as the lines and tables were still outside of the security zone.

EDIT 2: Found this in the review section for Friday May 3, 2013 from good old Dean Goodman.

"Great show, but absolutely no reason to pay more than $85 for a seat.
Of course some fans will be happy to fork out megabucks for a guaranteed spot in the pit or front sections. But since this tour is just a continuation of the past few tours, with a few new wrinkles here and there, the $85 lottery is the recommended way to go".

So I suppose they were called lottery tickets?

Also of interest from Dean:

"My wife and I ended up in Section 208, a decent spot opposite the stage where the retail rate was $485 per ticket (incl. $35 convenience fee). That's just theft. The people around us had $85 tickets as well. I assume those who paid full freight must have been feeling a bit nauseous. I suggest fans who have paid that sort of money offload their tickets as soon as possible".

And he then mentions the fact that ALL floor seats were $650 + fees retail price - not much difference than the outrageous Vegas prices of 2016.

So for anyone who complains about ticket prices for the Europe shows, just be thankful they're not overcharging what they do here in the States!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 02:18 by Hairball.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:09

It seems very unlikely, to me, that there will be more London concerts than 2.
There are already 6(7) gigs rumoured. Lets say, the Stones will do 14 at the most.
Cardiff,Newcastle seem likely. Now Marseille is mentioned, and maybe other non-UK
cities like Amsterdam.
Well, the Stones keep surprising us, thats great !!
jeroen

Date: February 15, 2018 02:11

hooked
Gazza
timbernardis
Gazza
bv

plexi

Actually, there were Lucky Dips for that show/tour because I bought them for both Berlin and Rome - was worth trying in those venues bc they were both all GA shows. The LDs started during the 2013 arena tour - I got them for Chicago and Philly. I ended up in the upper level for both Chi and Philly but the guards came to our section in Chi and upgraded everyone sitting there. I also got LDs for the Vegas show in 2016 - I got seats in the 100s about 3/4 of the way back and self upgraded to better seats. I did not get LDs for the shows I saw last fall in Barcelona, Amsterdam, and Paris. I was able to get pits for 3 of the shows on ticket drops and got gold GA for the other. Most people with LDs at the Paris shows seemed to get GA and pit. I did talk to some LD people at the Amsterdam show who got pit there as well. It's more of a gamble at the stadium shows because you don't want to get stuck up top but it seems they have a fair amount of good seats available at the stadiums for LDs. It's a good option if you're going to multiple shows.

Ah thanks for that. Well I only decided to go after the show had sold out as it was the only venue that interested me. Got a pair of good seats off a fan on here who had extras then got pit tickets (thanks to another kind fan who called me when I was on holiday and got them for me) in a ticket drop 3 weeks before the gig and managed to offload my extras. Worked out fine. Then again, LD tickets in a 20,000 capacity ampitheatre were never going to be too bad no matter where they were located.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 02:12 by Gazza.

Date: February 15, 2018 02:18

I don't off the top of my head but I will look back and check. BTW Hairball, I was also at the MGM Grand show with the $85 tix (the nascent "Lucky Dips") and we were at the exact opposite end of the arena from the stage, and literally about 4 rows from the very top. Wish I had the guts to do what u did. But there 3 of us. But at least we had the guts to steal the vinyl 50 and Counting Merchandise roll up banner after the show. Good, one of a kind piece of Stones memorabilia.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home