Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:19

Gazza
DandelionPowderman
Gazza
bv
Lucky dip tickets don't cost that much. Pay attention here and learn the ways to get them, find a friend to share the pair, and you will see the Stones for a price not far from the price you would have to pay to see your favorite football team on their home ground, which is a growing expence these days. The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.

Hopefully they'll use that system this year. As I havent seen the Stones since this system came into use, I havent really followed it that much, whats roughly the % of those tickets which turn out to be really good upgrades (ie pit or best seats). I presume the majority would be the worst tickets in the venue - if so, are they generally bad? (obstructed view, poor sound etc?). I've seen lots of reports of delighted fans who ended up in the pit but I'd imagine that those who dont get that lucky would rarely feel the need to comment on where they got seated as they didnt expect much.

It seems a good system if youre a casual fan, doing multiple shows on a budget or not travelling far, I think. I just wouldnt want to book a flight to a gig, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel - and then end up with a place in the stadium where the sound and visual experience is so bad, it makes me feel that I may as well have stayed at home and watched it on a periscope.

Was thinking I might try it for Dublin as its only two hours away from me, but as that stadium is massive and the sound in the nosebleeds is notoriously bad, I'm in two minds about it.

You could get lucky, though. But it's a gamble indeed. Haven't tried it myself, but I know people who've had both good and bad experiences..

Would I be right in saying though that your chances of ending up in a really good place in the stadium can depend on how many places in those areas have been sold at their advertised price?

Say, for example, they sold pit tickets at £300 and about 10% were left unsold at the day of the show - wouldnt that increase your chances of a LD ticket being upgraded to that area?

I don't think so. When tickets go on sale, a massive amount of pit tickets are included in VIP packages. And very few are for sale as 'just' pit tickets.
At those massive prices, those packages never sell out. So when the date of the concert approaches, they sell those remaining pit tickets (originally included in VIP packages) at 'normal' prices. Prices were around €230 last year (besides Germany), I believe it'll be the same this time... only change € to £.
Don't think that pit tickets at £230 won't be a sell out.

If the original pit ticket price is £800, yeah, I think lucky dippers might have a lucky day.

Well, that was my theory last year.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:22

Gazza
Would I be right in saying though that your chances of ending up in a really good place in the stadium can depend on how many places in those areas have been sold at their advertised price?

Say, for example, they sold pit tickets at £300 and about 10% were left unsold at the day of the show - wouldnt that increase your chances of a LD ticket being upgraded to that area?

It would indeed.
Pit tickets rarely don't sell out though, whether sold individually or part of a package that they can later reduce to individual tickets.

I have had mostly fantastic experiences w Lucky Dips, even the couple times I ended up with nosebleeds, I was able to upgrade at the venue by complaining to guest services.. (blocked by pillar,can't walk the all the stairs, etc)

This will be my first time traveling to the UK however, and I will likely buy the best seats I can for the few shows I'm able.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:27

SimonN
Hi Adrian, Mike & Leteyer,

Excellent work- all we need now is a ticket, hah-hah!

Would be ace to meet-up again...

Cheers,

Simon.

odean73
SimonN
Hello,

On the strength of all this nonsense, I've booked at The Travelodge in Twickenham for the Friday and Saturday nights!

Plus, England play Panama on the Sunday at 1pm. Post-show sesh, anyone?

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I will be in twickenham for those nights, great to meet up. thumbs up

only if we get the opportunity to master the silly walk again, ok?
(Hyde Park '13)

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:29

And what happened to the rumours of Knebworth show. Maybe that will be the last one ?

Posted by: latcho ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:47

Anyone here knows what hotel the stones are gonna stay in in dublin ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 16:16 by latcho.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:56

latcho
Anyone here knows what hotel they are gonna stay in in dublin ?

I booked the Maples House Hotel in Dublin.
Jeroen

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:57

It's correct that tickets are eventually unbundled from packages. Last tour I got "sold out" pit in ticket drops for three of the shows I was going to. Pit and other tickets were dropped for other shows as well.

But - it can be either fluke or a lot of work trying to be in the right place at the right time for when those drops happen. Single pit tickets were often released in dribs and drabs in the wee wee hours.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 16:12

Beast
It's correct that tickets are eventually unbundled from packages. Last tour I got "sold out" pit in ticket drops for three of the shows I was going to. Pit and other tickets were dropped for other shows as well.

But - it can be either fluke or a lot of work trying to be in the right place at the right time for when those drops happen. Single pit tickets were often released in dribs and drabs in the wee wee hours.

There were loads of tip-offs on here when the drops happened. There were a good few Pit and Golden Circle drops for Amsterdam, Stockholm, & Arnhem and some last gasp Pits for Paris. Pits were available for Barca on show day.

Date: February 14, 2018 16:48

Gazza
DandelionPowderman
Gazza
bv
Lucky dip tickets don't cost that much. Pay attention here and learn the ways to get them, find a friend to share the pair, and you will see the Stones for a price not far from the price you would have to pay to see your favorite football team on their home ground, which is a growing expence these days. The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.

Hopefully they'll use that system this year. As I havent seen the Stones since this system came into use, I havent really followed it that much, whats roughly the % of those tickets which turn out to be really good upgrades (ie pit or best seats). I presume the majority would be the worst tickets in the venue - if so, are they generally bad? (obstructed view, poor sound etc?). I've seen lots of reports of delighted fans who ended up in the pit but I'd imagine that those who dont get that lucky would rarely feel the need to comment on where they got seated as they didnt expect much.

It seems a good system if youre a casual fan, doing multiple shows on a budget or not travelling far, I think. I just wouldnt want to book a flight to a gig, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel - and then end up with a place in the stadium where the sound and visual experience is so bad, it makes me feel that I may as well have stayed at home and watched it on a periscope.

Was thinking I might try it for Dublin as its only two hours away from me, but as that stadium is massive and the sound in the nosebleeds is notoriously bad, I'm in two minds about it.

You could get lucky, though. But it's a gamble indeed. Haven't tried it myself, but I know people who've had both good and bad experiences..

one would think so.. But for dusseldorf there were so many pit tickets left... hundreds... Almost no one got pit though that show.

Date: February 14, 2018 16:49

Even though I likely won't be able to attend, I am happy to see the rumoured shows after the Twickenham dates outside England (Marseille/Poland/??)..

Not interested in any "last show" or last show in London" speculation.
I believe they've/we've got several more tours in the next few years, and we won't know what the last show was until it's over.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 16:55

MisterDDDD
Even though I likely won't be able to attend, I am happy to see the rumoured shows after the Twickenham dates outside England (Marseille/Poland/??)..

Not interested in any "last show" or last show in London" speculation.
I believe they've/we've got several more tours in the next few years, and we won't know what the last show was until it's over.

Very true, ABB shuddered to a halt in London in 2007 and probably most of us thought that was the last ever show ! The end surely can't be far away now but they do keep suprising us.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 14, 2018 17:09

Another article on Lyon losing out on the Stones to Marseille:

[www.lyonmag.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2018 17:15

Marseille?
That's a much smarter choice than Lyon. By playing on a city this "low" on the map, the band can expect to draw extra attendance from Spain Italy Croatia Portugal...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 14, 2018 17:44

The Joker
Personally, I don't have a favorite team. Watching sports bore me. I rather do sport myself, about 2 hours everyday. But who cares?

Replace "favorite team" with "favorite friend", favorite dog", "favorite beer" or any other favorite you spend 100 Euro/dollar on, and I am sure you see my point... The point was not to start twisting my words, right?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: February 14, 2018 17:47

London in May .Twickenham in June.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 14, 2018 18:00

Lucky Dip is the modern version of "cheap tickets for the fans" in the first ten to twenty rows, which they had for ages. There is a twenty pages thread about it:

[iorr.org]

If everybody knew about it then these tickets would be gone in a split second, but since you have to work a bit, and people don't know how great they are, most normal "not so hard core" fans seem to ignore them. I have been talking to hundred of fans, also many who arrive in the pit, with LD tickets, and I would say you have good chance of ending up in the pit with them. No reason to shout about it, just share and enjoy.

Bjornulf

Date: February 14, 2018 18:57

Sandy Beach
Wow so more london shows?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 14, 2018 19:08

I've done Lucky Dips twice, both during 50 and Counting, and each time was given tix up in the rafters.

The first pair bought were for the Vegas MGM show. A friend and I were given the Lucky dip envelope only to open and see the tix were in the very back nosebleeds. During preshow, we strategized and put our plan into action...beers in hand, we somehow made it into each section closer to the front, down aisles, while one distracted the usher the other maneuvered past, past more ushers and barriers, etc. Separating from each other at a certain point in the lower loge about a third way back from the stage, we felt like successful escapees from Alcatraz making it to freedom. But I was on a roll, and somehow managed to get to the floor eventually standing right up against the rails at the back of the pit.

The second pair I bought were backups for L.A. Staples III after buying a nice regular priced single in lower loge about a third of way back for myself. Thought it would be worth the gamble again to see if I would be gifted with pit tix, but didn't happen. Had a couple of friends with me at the Luck Dip pickup line, and If I was given Pit, I would have taken one of the friends and given the original loge to the other. Turns out again the Lucky Dips were crap nosebleeds so that's what I gave them ha, but both were able to upgrade one way or another. Turns out that was one of the best Stones shows I've seen thanks to Mick Taylor playing on four of the tunes.

While the adventures of both of those above scenarios were fun and very memorable, I decided to get a guaranteed good seat for the opener of the Zip Code Tour - paid full price for a seat about 30 rows back on the floor, eventually making it up to the 10th row to another friends aisle seat, and for the encore right up the the stage. For *Vegas '16 - not being that interested in attending (was going to both Desert Trips already), tried my hand at Lucky Dips as regular tix were outrageously priced, but was unsuccessful. Turns out a blessing as was able to get floor tickets via stubhub the day of the show for three times less than face value. (paid apprx. $250 per ticket for originally priced $750 + fees face value).

Moral of story - it's worth a shot w/ Lucky Dips if you're prepared for the worst, but there's always that chance you could get very lucky as some people have!
If I ever decide to see the Stones again (and that's only if they decide to come see me in California) that's the first route I'll take - if at first you don't succeed (or get lucky w/ a pit ticket), try, try again.

EDIT: Should be noted both of the above scenarios were for smaller arena shows - chances might be much better in a massive stadium to truly get "lucky".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 19:21 by Hairball.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 14, 2018 19:12

Adrian-L
SimonN
Hi Adrian, Mike & Leteyer,

Excellent work- all we need now is a ticket, hah-hah!

Would be ace to meet-up again...

Cheers,

Simon.

odean73
SimonN
Hello,

On the strength of all this nonsense, I've booked at The Travelodge in Twickenham for the Friday and Saturday nights!

Plus, England play Panama on the Sunday at 1pm. Post-show sesh, anyone?

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I will be in twickenham for those nights, great to meet up. thumbs up

only if we get the opportunity to master the silly walk again, ok?
(Hyde Park '13)

Hi Adrian,

Eejits.

Excellent, hah-hah!

Think it will be Lucky Dips for this tight-wad/over-optimistic IORRian...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 14, 2018 19:17

Sandy Beach

Huh? does that mean opening night in London? Where? does anyone have more information or is able to confirm this rumor?

Date: February 14, 2018 19:24

slewan
Sandy Beach

Huh? does that mean opening night in London? Where? does anyone have more information or is able to confirm this rumor?

Interesting new development...could this mean an arena show at the 02? Or would it be at the massive Wembley stadium?
Or maybe a warmup gig at a small club in London? eye popping smiley

Date: February 14, 2018 19:29

Hairball
slewan
Sandy Beach

Interesting new development...could this mean an arena show at the 02? Or would it be at the massive Wembley stadium?

development? right now, it's just a rumor…

Date: February 14, 2018 19:35

slewan
Hairball
slewan
Sandy Beach

development? right now, it's just a rumor…

Indeed it is, but coming from Sandy Beach whose already given some crucial and accurate info., I'd say it's a bit more than "just a rumour".

Looking at rumoured tour dates page, just learned that Southampton is also listed as a rumoured date!
A 30,000 seat stadium seems more optimum than the 50,000+ seated Twickenham, and it's only an apprx. 70 miles outside of London!

Date: February 14, 2018 20:00

slewan
Sandy Beach

Not sure I would eliminate Dublin as still the likely potential opener based on Sandy's post...
Info is likely accurate, but there are other scenarios..

I'm thinking Dublin as the likely opener (pending permit) on the 17th, then London and other dates, then back to Twickenham for the June dates...off to France and perhaps other shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 20:02 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:05

Here some fresh news about a French show in Marseille:

The famous english rock band might have come to the Parc OL in Lyon the 26th of june ...

But this won't happen ! Confirmed by the president of the Lyon football club, Jean-Michel Aulas, this wednesday

He said there was a opportunity to host the Rolling Stones the 26th of june, "we was in pole position" say JMA, who mention thew month ago "a big show to come 2018 summer". But the negociation has been unsuccesfull. In question the competition from another stadium, the velodrome stadium of Marseille

So we might expect a show in Marseille the 26th of june ...

François

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:25

Hairball
slewan
Sandy Beach

After that proposed Dublin date, there is room for at least three more concerts in May.

Wembley certainly wouldnt be available on the weekend after Dublin as the FA Cup final is May 19 (royal wedding that day too!). Its also in use by Tottenham on 13 May as they'll be playing their final league game of the season on that date.

In fact, you can write Wembley off for all of May.
[clubwembley.wembleystadium.com]

Its pretty much well booked up for concerts in June as well
[clubwembley.wembleystadium.com]

Its not really practical to add more stadium shows in London if they have two Twickenham shows pencilled in - a stadium of a similar size to Wembley.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:32

There’s also London Stadium. Used by West Ham.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2018 20:36

True. And the Emirates has been used for gigs too.

But if there were extra shows in the capital around that time frame, you would think that it might be indoor shows added after Twickenham (ideally) sells out.

I cant envisage them playing three or more shows in two different stadiums in London a month apart.

Date: February 14, 2018 20:43

Gazza

But if there were extra shows in the capital around that time frame, you would think that it might be indoor shows added after Twickenham (ideally) sells out.

I cant envisage them playing three or more shows in two different stadiums in London a month apart.

right – escpecially not since there will be stadim shows all over the country

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 14, 2018 21:06

Gazza

This sounds right. Or a club show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home