Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 14, 2018 09:48

Lucky dip tickets don't cost that much. Pay attention here and learn the ways to get them, find a friend to share the pair, and you will see the Stones for a price not far from the price you would have to pay to see your favorite football team on their home ground, which is a growing expence these days. The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 14, 2018 10:09

PaintMonkeyManBlack
BowieStone
Irix
PaintMonkeyManBlack

- Belgium (Werchter still has a headliner to anounce and werchter classic the same. They almost never skip Werchter, but they did in 2017)

Now announced: 14-Jul-2018, Germany's Electro-Pioneers Kraftwerk ('Autobahn') -- dunno if they're the headliner of TW-Classic .... winking smiley

I believe Editors are the headliner at TW Classic.
Belgium is the only country where that band can be the headliner.

Might be Kraftwerk will play last that day, as they really need darkness.

maybe also the netherlands. Editors are a great great live band.

Still Werchter festival has to announce their Friday headliner. Likely to be The Killers but who knows. Pinkpop did it, so Werchter can also do it. Except they always chose to book the Stones for Classic. But maybe this time..

The Killers, indeed.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 10:14

Murrayfield now on the list, it's all hotting up...
Who's next - Cardiff?

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: February 14, 2018 10:16

If you are travelling alone its much more easier to buy General Admission tickets than Lucky Dip, because the last one only sold as a pair.
But I bought Lucky Dip for Oslo concert in 2014. One ticket just for 655 kr. And it wasn't lucky with seats at tribune pretty far from the stage.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 10:18

paulywaul
grzegorz67
Gazza
bv
The tickets will sell out in an hour or so i.e. no need to announce shows months ahead. They don't have a cash problem these days.

They'll sell out ok. And then half of them will appear on secondary sites being sold by absolute chancers within about 20 minutes. And then there'll be ticket drops.

No one needs to pay over the asking price for a stadium show for any act in 2018. Certainly not for tickets where the face value is in three figures. There'll be plenty available one way or another by May/June.

Spot on Gazza. The whole concert ticketing industry is as bent as a Shepherd's crook.

Sounds like a perfect cue for ..........

[iorr.org]

I knew my last post might be a call to arms for you Paul amd I wasn’t disappointed grinning smiley

Unfortunately there have been Touts (scalpers) & spivs for as long as there have been human beings. Do you seriously think the powers that be will do anything about it? Like industrial scale Corporate Tax avoidance, it will only be successfully tackled with international co-operation across governments and even then Monaco and Panama type places would sprout up to get around it.

Technology and online selling has made the issue much worse and how Ticketmaster get away with owning Seatwave and almost certainly scalping 5heir own tickets makes my head explode. Thieving bar stewards the lot of them! angry smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 14, 2018 11:00

I'm all for Lucky Dipping for a few shows. On the No Filter Tour I mixed up different tickets and was perfectly fine with that. I experienced the pit, the seats way back, GA and Silver Pit. There's pros and cons with each category.

Can't be too hard to find a Lucky Dip partner on this board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 11:01 by Topi.

Date: February 14, 2018 11:22

As far as hotels go, Hotels.com seems to have a 48-hour sale at the moment. Don't know whether that applies to the London dates, but might be worth a shot.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 14, 2018 11:40

bv
The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.
Speaking like a family physician

Posted by: Bushfire ()
Date: February 14, 2018 11:42

Plus the big difference is also that even your favourite team loses games every now and then but attending Stones you always win and it´s guaranteed! thumbs up

Posted by: Bushfire ()
Date: February 14, 2018 11:44

bv
Lucky dip tickets don't cost that much. Pay attention here and learn the ways to get them, find a friend to share the pair, and you will see the Stones for a price not far from the price you would have to pay to see your favorite football team on their home ground, which is a growing expence these days. The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.

Plus the big difference is also that even your favourite team loses games every now and then but attending Stones you always win and it´s guaranteed! thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 11:45 by Bushfire.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 14, 2018 11:47

Personally, I don't have a favorite team. Watching sports bore me. I rather do sport myself, about 2 hours everyday. But who cares?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:00

grzegorz67
paulywaul
grzegorz67
Gazza
bv
The tickets will sell out in an hour or so i.e. no need to announce shows months ahead. They don't have a cash problem these days.

They'll sell out ok. And then half of them will appear on secondary sites being sold by absolute chancers within about 20 minutes. And then there'll be ticket drops.

No one needs to pay over the asking price for a stadium show for any act in 2018. Certainly not for tickets where the face value is in three figures. There'll be plenty available one way or another by May/June.

Spot on Gazza. The whole concert ticketing industry is as bent as a Shepherd's crook.

Sounds like a perfect cue for ..........

[iorr.org]

I knew my last post might be a call to arms for you Paul amd I wasn’t disappointed grinning smiley

Unfortunately there have been Touts (scalpers) & spivs for as long as there have been human beings. Do you seriously think the powers that be will do anything about it? Like industrial scale Corporate Tax avoidance, it will only be successfully tackled with international co-operation across governments and even then Monaco and Panama type places would sprout up to get around it.

Technology and online selling has made the issue much worse and how Ticketmaster get away with owning Seatwave and almost certainly scalping 5heir own tickets makes my head explode. Thieving bar stewards the lot of them! angry smiley

NO ... I absolutely don't. I think it would be fair to say that once upon a time I possibly did have hope that there would be some form of government intervention, because if you recall - there have been (by now) 'several' investigations into the entire secondary market phenomenon. But after the publication of the report from the first of those investigations, it became blindingly obvious that the UK government has no interest whatsoever in implementing measures to curb the insane excesses of this secondary market phenomenon, indeed every such additional investigation report has done nothing but reinforce their total lack of interest !

So to reiterate, no I do not think there's a will out there to 'do anything about it' !! There's lots of people (like me) who think it all sucks and all the rest of it, but I've long ago given up hope that any of the powers that be have the slightest interest in doing a thing about it .........

Which means among other things, that near as dammit 'criminal and fraudulent' organisations like Viagogo will continue to ply their filthy trade, and we the concert going public will continue to get f***ed by them and their like. The best any of us can do as individuals is (a) not be naïve or stupid (b) develop a very precise understanding of how they (the professional scalping organisations) work in practice, and (c) use them if necessary to your own individual advantage - which it is sometimes possible to do if you are better able to read the market than they (in their greed and stupidity) are able to !!

And that's about it !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 14, 2018 12:07

The Joker
bv
The only difference is your favorite team will be around for many years, hopefully, while the Stones experience is on limited terms unfortunately.
Speaking like a family physician

Dear doctor, how many years?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:11

Topi
I'm all for Lucky Dipping for a few shows. On the No Filter Tour I mixed up different tickets and was perfectly fine with that. I experienced the pit, the seats way back, GA and Silver Pit. There's pros and cons with each category.

Can't be too hard to find a Lucky Dip partner on this board.

True, we had Lucky Dips for Lucca, and they were allright..(GA). Gonna try it for some UK gigs, if i cant score PIT Tickets for Southampton,Cardiff and Edinburough.
Jeroen

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:34

bv

Hopefully they'll use that system this year. As I havent seen the Stones since this system came into use, I havent really followed it that much, whats roughly the % of those tickets which turn out to be really good upgrades (ie pit or best seats). I presume the majority would be the worst tickets in the venue - if so, are they generally bad? (obstructed view, poor sound etc?). I've seen lots of reports of delighted fans who ended up in the pit but I'd imagine that those who dont get that lucky would rarely feel the need to comment on where they got seated as they didnt expect much.

It seems a good system if youre a casual fan, doing multiple shows on a budget or not travelling far, I think. I just wouldnt want to book a flight to a gig, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel - and then end up with a place in the stadium where the sound and visual experience is so bad, it makes me feel that I may as well have stayed at home and watched it on a periscope.

Was thinking I might try it for Dublin as its only two hours away from me, but as that stadium is massive and the sound in the nosebleeds is notoriously bad, I'm in two minds about it.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:56

Bit stupid from me but what is the lucky dip ticket system ???

Is it the same as just logging onto TM at sale time and picking best available or section you want and hope for the best??

Date: February 14, 2018 13:01

No. You specifically select 'Lucky Dip' tickets - which are the cheapest option.

You collect them on the day of the show and only then do you find out where they're located. They could literally be anywhere in the stadium although statistically I'd imagine its more a case of 'you get what you paid for'

Date: February 14, 2018 13:01

Gazza
bv

Hopefully they'll use that system this year. As I havent seen the Stones since this system came into use, I havent really followed it that much, whats roughly the % of those tickets which turn out to be really good upgrades (ie pit or best seats). I presume the majority would be the worst tickets in the venue - if so, are they generally bad? (obstructed view, poor sound etc?). I've seen lots of reports of delighted fans who ended up in the pit but I'd imagine that those who dont get that lucky would rarely feel the need to comment on where they got seated as they didnt expect much.

It seems a good system if youre a casual fan, doing multiple shows on a budget or not travelling far, I think. I just wouldnt want to book a flight to a gig, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel - and then end up with a place in the stadium where the sound and visual experience is so bad, it makes me feel that I may as well have stayed at home and watched it on a periscope.

Was thinking I might try it for Dublin as its only two hours away from me, but as that stadium is massive and the sound in the nosebleeds is notoriously bad, I'm in two minds about it.

You could get lucky, though. But it's a gamble indeed. Haven't tried it myself, but I know people who've had both good and bad experiences..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 14, 2018 13:05

Healy52003

Bit stupid from me but what is the lucky dip ticket system ???

Lucky-Dip-Tickets are like a lottery: they were sold as a pair for a small price (about €120 a pair) - see: [www.RollingStones.com] .

But at the moment of the purchase you don't know where your seats are: it could be Front-of-Stage - or, on the other hand - it could be at end of the venue, far far away from the stage.

More about LD-Tickets: [www.iorr.org] .

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: February 14, 2018 13:41

As for me, I prefer see 3 concerts with No Filter Pit tickets than 33 seating far away from the stage.
Of course, if you traveling all the tour it's not such a bad desicion. But if you try to attend just 50% of the tour I think more reasonable to buy 2-3 No Filter Pit tickets, 2-3 Golden Circle and 2-3 General Admission.
Really better to stay at home then flying far away, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel and then have a seat at tribune...

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 14, 2018 13:56

[www.radioscoop.com]
THE ROLLING STONES IN LYON? A MISSED APPOINTMENT!

Wednesday 14 February - 12:24

The famous British rock band could have come to OL Park on June 26th ...

But that will not happen! This is confirmed by OL President Jean-Michel Aulas on Wednesday morning.

According to him, there was an opportunity to welcome them on June 26th. But she could not succeed. At issue: competition from another stage. According to our information, this is the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille .

"I will not go see the Stones in Marseille ... But I would have liked to have them in Lyon," said Jean-Michel Aulas.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 14, 2018 13:59

thus the tour won't end at London (at least not in Twickenham)

Date: February 14, 2018 14:07

Dates are flying in. This must mean most dates are booked, some finalized and the tour will be anounced fast, as was the case in 2017.

Edinburgh would be a dream for me. I need dates fast to book my hotels.

Date: February 14, 2018 14:14

slewan
thus the tour won't end at London (at least not in Twickenham)

They can always return to another London venue, such as the O2.

Date: February 14, 2018 14:18

longvehicle
As for me, I prefer see 3 concerts with No Filter Pit tickets than 33 seating far away from the stage.
Of course, if you traveling all the tour it's not such a bad desicion. But if you try to attend just 50% of the tour I think more reasonable to buy 2-3 No Filter Pit tickets, 2-3 Golden Circle and 2-3 General Admission.
Really better to stay at home then flying far away, pay for a couple of nights in a hotel and then have a seat at tribune...

If you are travelling a long way and at large expense, then I fully agree - you need the guarantee of a decent seat/section to make your expense worthwhile.

I live in the UK so nowhere is more than an easy day trip away so no accomodation needed and I can get anywhere at short notice. So it's Lucky Dips and late drops for me, unless the tickets are a bit cheaper to start with (yeah, right!!!)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2018 14:24

Well i wonder if there is any truth in gigs other than uk gigs this summer.we will know soon i guess.
Jeroen

Date: February 14, 2018 14:26

DandelionPowderman
Gazza
bv

You could get lucky, though. But it's a gamble indeed. Haven't tried it myself, but I know people who've had both good and bad experiences..

Would I be right in saying though that your chances of ending up in a really good place in the stadium can depend on how many places in those areas have been sold at their advertised price?

Say, for example, they sold pit tickets at £300 and about 10% were left unsold at the day of the show - wouldnt that increase your chances of a LD ticket being upgraded to that area?

Date: February 14, 2018 14:31

Gazza
DandelionPowderman
Gazza
bv

Would I be right in saying though that your chances of ending up in a really good place in the stadium can depend on how many places in those areas have been sold at their advertised price?

Say, for example, they sold pit tickets at £300 and about 10% were left unsold at the day of the show - wouldnt that increase your chances of a LD ticket being upgraded to that area?

Sounds logical to me.

Date: February 14, 2018 14:44

Gazza
DandelionPowderman
Gazza
bv

It would indeed. In Paris 1 & 2 as far as I know, all Lucky Dippers were allocated either GA or Pit, even though there was lots of 330 EUR Gold Seating still available on the websites.

At the LD Desk, the Staff appeared to have 2 piles of Tickets. Strangely, if you were youngish, attractive and female, your chances of getting Pit were very good. Funny that! I saw a few such types celebrating upon opening their envelopes. I got an excellent spot at the front of GA for both and was very happy with that.

I know that loads of Lucky Dippers got Pit tickets at the 3 German shows, where Pit was a whopping 800EUR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 14:53 by grzegorz67.

Date: February 14, 2018 15:14

grzegorz67
At the LD Desk, the Staff appeared to have 2 piles of Tickets. Strangely, if you were youngish, attractive and female, your chances of getting Pit were very good. Funny that! I saw a few such types celebrating upon opening their envelopes. I got an excellent spot at the front of GA for both and was very happy with that.

I know that loads of Lucky Dippers got Pit tickets at the 3 German shows, where Pit was a whopping 800EUR.

Christ. You're kidding. How shallow and needy can the Stones be even in their mid 70s? Did they think it was Shine A Light part 2?

Looks like I'll need to go to the gym more often than before, shave my legs and wear a push up bra and a blonde wig. Dont say you havent been warned.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6061626364656667686970...LastNext
Current Page: 65 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home