Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 13, 2018 21:14

Adrian-L
Topi
When was the last time they played Southampton? In the 1960s?

when was the last time they played anywhere along the south coast?1?

Isle of Wight in 2007 which is on the other side of itspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 13, 2018 21:17

Adrian-L
straycatuk
Southampton stadium gig rumoured ?

A rare Stones gig on the south coast. Good venue. Easily accessible.

a bit close to London, surely? I'd be surprised if they play that show AND Twickenham - they're only 68 miles apart!

Date: February 13, 2018 21:22

Karlos123
Something‘s cooking.

Looking at social media activity for the tour last year, they gave the first tour-related hint 3rd May. Announcement 9th May.

So can we expect an annoucement next week?

Gap between announcement and first show in 2017 were 4 months. Only 3 months remaining to the rumored Croke Park date. It‘s time, isn‘t it?

They cant (or shouldnt) announce shows in venues where they still dont have a licence to perform them

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 13, 2018 21:23

Patience. It won’t be longsmiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2018 21:27

grzegorz67
straycatuk
I hope they don't go back to floor seating. My pet hate.

sc uk

Mine too.

They had floor seating at every UK Stadium show in Licks & ABB. And most of the arena shows they did on those tours too sad smiley. The standing they had at Hyde Park gives me some hope...

They didnt in Glasgow. And whilst its not the UK, they didnt have it in Dublin either. Wembley Arena and Twickenham were the only Euro venues that summer (I think) to have seats on the floor. When they came back for ABB in 2006 it was the norm in stadiums in some other countries and that was expanded even further in 2007 (including Germany). If they think the market is strong enough to sell all seated gigs (ie, more expensive tickets) then they'll do that.

However, the recent tours have had a pit area so ideally they wont go back to all-seated stadia. However, theyve somehow been able to sell standing tickets for that area at a far higher price than theyd previously done for seats.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 13, 2018 21:39

Gazza
grzegorz67
straycatuk
I hope they don't go back to floor seating. My pet hate.

sc uk

Mine too.

They had floor seating at every UK Stadium show in Licks & ABB. And most of the arena shows they did on those tours too sad smiley. The standing they had at Hyde Park gives me some hope...

They didnt in Glasgow. And whilst its not the UK, they didnt have it in Dublin either. Wembley Arena and Twickenham were the only Euro venues that summer (I think) to have seats on the floor. When they came back for ABB in 2006 it was the norm in stadiums in some other countries and that was expanded even further in 2007 (including Germany). If they think the market is strong enough to sell all seated gigs (ie, more expensive tickets) then they'll do that.

However, the recent tours have had a pit area so ideally they wont go back to all-seated stadia. However, theyve somehow been able to sell standing tickets for that area at a far higher price than theyd previously done for seats.

I meant the UK leg of those tours, apologies if I didn’t make that clear. I knew about Glasgow SECC as I was there. It was the only venue to have any standing at all in the U.K. leg of Licks apart from the club show at the Astoria. And yet standing was commonplace at stadium shows in Europe on Licks, 2 of which I went to.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 13, 2018 21:41

Ronnie took to twitter a few minutes ago to wish all a Happy Pancake Day w a little video where he says.. "Looking for some good news sooon.."... as well as a like and a thumbs up to the official RS accounts pancake tweet where they said they are "cooking something up"!

It is looking like an announcement won't be long..

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 13, 2018 21:53

MisterDDDD
Ronnie took to twitter a few minutes ago to wish all a Happy Pancake Day w a little video where he says.. "Looking for some good news sooon.."... as well as a like and a thumbs up to the official RS accounts pancake tweet where they said they are "cooking something up"!

It is looking like an announcement won't be long..

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

the poor guy needs to go on tour, he needs the money – since he has to prepare his food by himself (or did his wife ran away…?)

Date: February 13, 2018 22:10

The great pancake tour...

Lets not forget prices in 2017 were not to bad compared to 2014. Hopefully we get dates for mainland fast. I wamt to make plans

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 13, 2018 22:19

The Rolling Stones are cooking something up for you, stay tuned: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]

Thanks to @drdancake #pancakeday2018 #ShroveTuesday

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 22:20 by mtaylor.

Date: February 13, 2018 22:23

btw: the offical store has some No Filter stuff (print, T-Shirts) back in store

Posted by: chpoutre ()
Date: February 13, 2018 22:31

Anybody heard of a rumor for Marseille on June 28th ??
No inside info. I read that on a French fan page

Date: February 13, 2018 22:35

could it really be that the tour does not end in London???

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2018 22:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack

grinning smiley

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 13, 2018 22:39

chpoutre
Anybody heard of a rumor for Marseille on June 28th ??
No inside info. I read that on a French fan page

The date I saw was the 26th on that page. Plus there are still the Poland rumors. But it seems only the UK has viable rumors so far from Bjornulf and others, so I'm skeptical there's much beyond that at this point.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 13, 2018 22:53

slewan

Yes I would make an order but I would like to receive it before the year 2074

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2018 22:58

Nate
slewan

Yes I would make an order but I would like to receive it before the year 2074

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

That would be just around the time for the release of the new album! winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 13, 2018 23:20

Dirty Work is only 6 € at the store, and if you sign up for the mailing list, get 10% off! winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 13, 2018 23:36

The tickets will sell out in an hour or so i.e. no need to announce shows months ahead. They don't have a cash problem these days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 13, 2018 23:56

Hope there's some staggering between on-sale times.
This tour might be tough to get good tix for multiple shows..

Course,they do generally drop some after the initial sale, but these may be tough.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2018 00:02

Gazza
Adrian-L
straycatuk
Southampton stadium gig rumoured ?

A rare Stones gig on the south coast. Good venue. Easily accessible.

a bit close to London, surely? I'd be surprised if they play that show AND Twickenham - they're only 68 miles apart!

Sooooooo Southampton is now on BV's rumoured list!

So happy to see you back here, Gazza - you were missed! Here's hoping to catch up with you again somewhere on the upcoming tour smileys with beer

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 14, 2018 00:04

bv
The tickets will sell out in an hour or so i.e. no need to announce shows months ahead. They don't have a cash problem these days.

Of course they don't have cash problems. But some fans do. Not all fans can afford to be exploited due to late Concert announcements. Does that make us any less fans?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 00:06 by Tonstone.

Date: February 14, 2018 00:25

BV can you please give your opinion if this is it ....over....the end. Or do you think the US will get one more run?

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 14, 2018 00:57

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Jumpin' Flap Jack

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 01:00

I think BV will say the same that it's anyones guess on the next US date. I don't think there is anything symbolic about this tour, just that they need to visit some places they "owe" it to....and maybe some where new that will feed into Mick's world dominance and ego. It might also be to keep Charlie happy. I don't think they are going to stop touring, ever, and the most logical and easiest place for them to throw something together will be the US. So yeah, I think there is a good chance they will return to the states, god willing.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 14, 2018 01:04

Tonstone
bv

Of course they don't have cash problems. But some fans do. Not all fans can afford to be exploited due to late Concert announcements. Does that make us any less fans?.

You are not being exploited,you take it or leave it.
It is a luxury being able to go to a concert many people in the world have real problems like nothing to eat on the table.
This tour has been rumoured since last year so plenty of time to organise yourself and save up for it.

Nate

Date: February 14, 2018 01:20

bv

They'll sell out ok. And then half of them will appear on secondary sites being sold by absolute chancers within about 20 minutes. And then there'll be ticket drops.

No one needs to pay over the asking price for a stadium show for any act in 2018. Certainly not for tickets where the face value is in three figures. There'll be plenty available one way or another by May/June.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 01:41

Gazza
bv

They'll sell out ok. And then half of them will appear on secondary sites being sold by absolute chancers within about 20 minutes. And then there'll be ticket drops.

No one needs to pay over the asking price for a stadium show for any act in 2018. Certainly not for tickets where the face value is in three figures. There'll be plenty available one way or another by May/June.

Spot on Gazza. The whole concert ticketing industry is as bent as a Shepherd's crook.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 03:02

bv

...uh huh

Rod

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 14, 2018 07:16

grzegorz67
Gazza
bv

Spot on Gazza. The whole concert ticketing industry is as bent as a Shepherd's crook.

Sounds like a perfect cue for ..........

[iorr.org]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home