Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 13, 2018 16:18

Hi Adrian, Mike & Leteyer,

Excellent work- all we need now is a ticket, hah-hah!

Would be ace to meet-up again...

Cheers,

Simon.

odean73
SimonN
Hello,

On the strength of all this nonsense, I've booked at The Travelodge in Twickenham for the Friday and Saturday nights!

Plus, England play Panama on the Sunday at 1pm. Post-show sesh, anyone?

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I will be in twickenham for those nights, great to meet up. thumbs up

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 13, 2018 16:21

SimonN

Cheers,

Simon.

odean73
SimonN
Hello,

On the strength of all this nonsense, I've booked at The Travelodge in Twickenham for the Friday and Saturday nights!

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

if they charge a ton plus for a nosebleed will it be that tough a ticket?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 13, 2018 16:23

It's a mere 111 days since they ended the No Filter Tour in Paris and the excitement's already building for their next tour. Just like the 60s and 70s all over again. Fab smileys with beer I can feel another 5/6 shows coming on... >grinning smiley<

Date: February 13, 2018 16:31

Adrian-L
SimonN

Cheers,

Simon.

odean73
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Get Lucky Dips. Then the worst you'll get IS a nosebleed. I got Lucky Dips for Paris 1 & 2, got GA for both and an excellent and quite close view and sound both times. 50 quid a pop. Bargain! I plan to Lucky Dip every show I go to. It's fun and you can't lose - it's just a matter of how big you win.

Date: February 13, 2018 16:34

grzegorz67
Adrian-L
SimonN

Cheers,

Simon.

odean73
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Get Lucky Dips. Then the worst you'll get IS a nosebleed. I got Lucky Dips for Paris 1 & 2, got GA for both and an excellent and quite close view and sound both times. 50 quid a pop. Bargain! I plan to Lucky Dip every show I go to. It's fun and you can't lose - it's just a matter of how big you win.

I don't think so. It's nice if you visit 12 shows on driving distance, but if i spent 200e on flights, 300 on hotels i want a good seat.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 13, 2018 16:42

grzegorz67

it depends on the price difference between LD and other tickets.
For example: For the German shows last year the difference between LD and pit ticktes was some 735 Euros. For Arnhem it was some 150 Euros. And for two shows in Paris golden circle tickets were 121 Euros (LD some 60 Euros)

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 13, 2018 16:50

Southampton was definitely being considered a few months ago. The reason was to help spread the gigs around the UK/Ireland to access more potential fans rather than the usual "London plus serious travelling" fans.

Date: February 13, 2018 16:52

slewan
grzegorz67

For example: For the German shows last year the difference between LD and pit ticktes was some 735 Euros. For Arnhem it was some 150 Euros. And for two shows in Paris golden circle tickets were 121 Euros (LD some 60 Euros)

I did both in Paris LD Shows 1 & 2 and Golden Circle Show 3. Enjoyed all 3. 57.50EUR for the GA LDs and 122.50EUR for the Golden Circle. My price limit is 150GBP for any gig by anyone. I refuse to pay more than that to see ANYONE, even if they could miraculously bring the missing members of the original lineup back from the dead/retirement and make them all 25 years old again. OK, I might think about it in that ridiculous circumstance winking smiley

FWIW, I think the tickets for this tour will be very high.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 13, 2018 16:56

grzegorz67

right, but GBP is relatively low and, well, the UK struggles with Brexit

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 13, 2018 16:57

slewan
grzegorz67

Haven't followed european tour prices much in the past, anybody have an idea what the UK shows (pit) might run based on last appearances etc? ..meaning higher or lower end of the spectrum? cool smiley

*Answered as I was typing.. looks like "very high" is likely winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 16:59 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:02

If you were guaranteed to get into a Victoria's Secret models knickers for €300 or you took a chance for €50 but you might only get a glimpse of her sock then you would be foolish to gamble.

Lucky dips are only good if you are not bothered about where you are.
The pit is the only place to be.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 13, 2018 17:03

slewan
grzegorz67

right, but GBP is relatively low and, well, the UK struggles with Brexit

The economy's doing fine here. We've had no recession since Brexit and Unemployment has continued to fall. The Brexit negotiations are a struggle for sure but day to day life hasn't changed in the slightest for most people. The weaker pound helps a lot with exports and tourists and will certainly help Stones tourists.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:03

Well, the last UK appearance was Hyde Park and prices ran about 299 GBP for Tier 1, 199 for Tier 2 and 99 GBP for GA off the top of my head.

Paulywaul and Mr. Rob Hallett will gladly help with the details winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 17:06 by Topi.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:07

Southampton is quite close to Redlands...

Date: February 13, 2018 17:12

Nate
If you were guaranteed to get into a Victoria's Secret models knickers for €300 or you took a chance for €50 but you might only get a glimpse of her sock then you would be foolish to gamble.

Grotesquely overpriced for me. I could pay and have been tempted but thought better of it. I've been up that close before when the whole floor was GA in the 90s so I've ticked that box several times. I don't need to be shelling out 200-300 quid to experience again what I previously did for £30-40 when the band were younger and more energetic. I got excellent spots in GA for both Paris 1 & 2 not that far from the stage really.

But that said, I'll be there, somewhere. I did Golden Circle for both Barca and Paris 3.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:14

Nate

Fair enough..
But.. if you have lined up dates w 6 of the models in a few week period, but you really can't afford the knicker price for all.. You can line up the knicker gig(s) for last.. Then the sock can be really appealing especially when they have huge screens and speakers broadcasting the knickers, and you still have an outside shot of getting into them.cool smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:18

Personally I would rather be at home than being stuck at the back of the stadium half a mile from the stage,but good luck to anyone that buys lucky dips I hope you win.

Nate

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:29

I hope they don't go back to floor seating. My pet hate.

sc uk

Date: February 13, 2018 17:35

straycatuk
I hope they don't go back to floor seating. My pet hate.

sc uk

Mine too.

They had floor seating at every UK Stadium show in Licks & ABB. And most of the arena shows they did on those tours too sad smiley. The standing they had at Hyde Park gives me some hope...

Date: February 13, 2018 17:43

MisterDDDD
Nate

Fair enough..
But.. if you have lined up dates w 6 of the models in a few week period, but you really can't afford the knicker price for all.. You can line up the knicker gig(s) for last.. Then the sock can be really appealing especially when they have huge screens and speakers broadcasting the knickers, and you still have an outside shot of getting into them.cool smiley

Some charming metaphors there gents. Maybe you can team up and write the script for a new Carry On Film grinning smiley

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:43

Standing in fields/festival sites but for GA in stadiums I fear not

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 13, 2018 17:55

I'd guess there's a lot more money to be made w seats and sections. The Zipcode tour took place in huge stadiums and was all seating, even on the field. The closer you want to be, the more you have to pay. It sucks but makes sense from a financial standpoint.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 13, 2018 18:07

I don't mind them splitting the floor into 4 sections including pit but seats are a buzzkill IMHO. AND if you attend with a bunch of friends it's very hard to be together.

sc uk

Date: February 13, 2018 19:05

straycatuk
I don't mind them splitting the floor into 4 sections including pit but seats are a buzzkill IMHO. AND if you attend with a bunch of friends it's very hard to be together.

sc uk

The only place they had any floor seating at all in No Filter was the 3 German shows - between the Pit and GA (GA+ Silver Pit in Hamburg) so I'm not giving up hope just yet. But it will be a right bummer if it happens. Hopefully the band have got the message that it's sooo un-Rock and Roll and ruins the atmosphere.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 13, 2018 19:06

Adrian-L
SimonN

Cheers,

Simon.

odean73
SimonN
Hello,

Cheers,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I must admit I will treat myself this time and try and get the best tickets going.
Admittingly I have been saving for the last 18 months ( Amsterdam made a hole, but we'll worth it ) I have seen them close up in their prime 73 and Knebworth and a couple more and will have one last big bash.

More than likely it's going to be on pitch seating, which is a shame and 12 months to this day after my hip operation i am raring to go.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: February 13, 2018 19:11

Topi
I vaguely remember them putting similar "sign up for alerts" things out there some time before the official announcement in recent years. Can anybody attest to this? Was it the Zip Code Tour in 2015?

yes, large billboards with Tongue logos in Cities they were playing!

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: February 13, 2018 19:47

grzegorz67
straycatuk

sc uk

The only place they had any floor seating at all in No Filter was the 3 German shows - between the Pit and GA (GA+ Silver Pit in Hamburg) so I'm not giving up hope just yet. But it will be a right bummer if it happens. Hopefully the band have got the message that it's sooo un-Rock and Roll and ruins the atmosphere.

If they really do seating, it will mean even more outrageous prices then ever before.
So more money for worse atmosphere and feel.
Great.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 13, 2018 20:26

Stones726
Topi
I vaguely remember them putting similar "sign up for alerts" things out there some time before the official announcement in recent years. Can anybody attest to this? Was it the Zip Code Tour in 2015?

yes, large billboards with Tongue logos in Cities they were playing!

Yes, I remember that part - also used for the US spring tour of 2013, but for one of the recent tours they first invited people to sign up for the mailing list as well IIRC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-13 20:27 by Topi.

Date: February 13, 2018 20:30

laughinearlydied
grzegorz67
straycatuk

sc uk

If they really do seating, it will mean even more outrageous prices then ever before.
So more money for worse atmosphere and feel.
Great.

There was an astronomical jump in prices between BtB (UK) in 1999 and Licks in 2003. Pitch standing at the former (£35 ish, 1st come, 1st served) and pitch numbered seating at the latter (£85-£160).
I can see something based on the German model of the No Filter Tour i.e. Standing Pit at ££££ Crazy, seats after that then standing GA behind the seats. But we'll see. If they do any festivals then I'm confident there will be no floor seating.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 13, 2018 20:51

plan to spend €150-€200 for a seated ticket (floor standing is not for me) but thats still a lot of money for what is a 2 hour show and if its in Dublin it will be about €70 too travel up and down and then food/drink/merch too

I adore going to concerts but its an expensive past time but rather that than a piss up holiday

Option 1 is Dublin and if no irish date than maybe one of the UK shows depedning on dates (fly over early and back early next day no hotel)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5859606162636465666768...LastNext
Current Page: 63 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home