Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 3, 2018 02:17

Nate
If you will stay for 5 nights then you might want to consider staying in central London obviously hotel rates would be much higher but if you don't mind staying in hostels then the generator hostel in Kings Cross is a great place to stay it's clean and safe and would be cheaper than your current booking.
It really depends on what you want to do and see between the shows.

Nate

Thanks for the input. If those two dates end up being confirmed, I will probably only stay the 2 nights of the concert and re-book in central London (or side trip) the other nights. The place I booked has 2 beds so if someone ends up without a room, something to consider.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 3, 2018 03:56

OK, just booked this place I found on hotels.com.

Ibis Budget London Hounslow, Hounslow3-star
20-28 Staines Road, Hounslow, England, TW3 3JS, United Kingdom, 800-491-6126
1.4 miles from stadium

£343.98, 6 nights, June 18-24
an average of about $80/night
can cancel up to the first date of stay

OK, so Beast, Nate, Pauly, or other locals, tell me why this is not a good deal or a good place. I am all ears. I can change to whatever else. Just need a place to crash.

I probably won't b able 2 go, but in case things work out, thought it would b prudent to book something now.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-03 03:57 by timbernardis.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 3, 2018 08:22

Beast
odean73
Monsoon Ragoon
What do you people do if there's a cancer diagnosis or a palm fall until June? Who many rumours lead to actual concerts in the rumoured town at that very date within the last 20 years?

Just cancel the hotel and get ready to start again.

What odean73 said! Whatever else it is - disappointing, inconvenient, annoying, with loss of time and money etc. - it's not normally a matter of life or death for most people if a show is cancelled or postponed. I've had Stones shows cancelled on me on the spot three or four times at least, a couple of them many thousands of miles away from my home, but hey, s**t happens to everyone. We all found something else to do on the night and we didn't die. As the saying goes, you pays your money and you takes your choice...

Indeed so, remember Atlantic City NJ, remember Valladolid ? grinning smiley Who the f**k could EVER forget Valladolid, what a giggle we had !! As you say, you shrug it off and get on with the rest of your life ........

Nearer to home, I also recall the abrupt cancellation of one of the Wembley shows ... the "Keith cut his finger on a guitar string' episode !! I was just about to jump on a tube train and head out to Wembley when I heard the news ....... talk about 'last minute' !!??

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-03 08:25 by paulywaul.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 3, 2018 08:31

Nate
If you will stay for 5 nights then you might want to consider staying in central London obviously hotel rates would be much higher but if you don't mind staying in hostels then the generator hostel in Kings Cross is a great place to stay it's clean and safe and would be cheaper than your current booking.
It really depends on what you want to do and see between the shows.

It looks like I booked the last available room in the Generator Hostel yesterday...

Date: February 3, 2018 09:24

All - looking for accommodation in London.

As a Londoner and a resident of Richmond, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Don't forget AIRBNB, there's lots of it around the Richmond/Kew/Twickenham area. If these shows at Twickenham DO materialise on 19th and 23rd June, then I suggest you look to stay in the precise area of Richmond/Kew. WHY ? Because (a) you are within spitting distance of the stadium, and more importantly (b) you haven't got the hassle of getting back to central London after the show(s). Sightseeing and doing stuff in central London is for daytime, and getting into London from Richmond/Kew is simplicity itself. Richmond station is served by three train lines: District (tube), Overground, and SW Trains (mainline into Waterloo). This is infinitely better than Twickenham station, which is SW Trains only. The last District from central London to Richmond is about 00:20 hrs, same for Overground, I think SW Trains from Waterloo around the same.

If anyone needs/wants more precise 'local' info, my email is not hidden ...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-03 09:38 by paulywaul.

Date: February 3, 2018 09:39

@ Harm,

Got your email, will reply later. Cheers, Paul

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 3, 2018 11:02

Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

Of course, I just bought tickets for Dead and Co. around that time.....

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 3, 2018 11:27

paulywaul

Don't forget AIRBNB, there's lots of it around the Richmond/Kew/Twickenham area. If these shows at Twickenham DO materialise on 19th and 23rd June, then I suggest you look to stay in the precise area of Richmond/Kew. WHY ? Because (a) you are within spitting distance of the stadium, and more importantly (b) you haven't got the hassle of getting back to central London after the show(s). Sightseeing and doing stuff in central London is for daytime, and getting into London from Richmond/Kew is simplicity itself. Richmond station is served by three train lines: District (tube), Overground, and SW Trains (mainline into Waterloo). This is infinitely better than Twickenham station, which is SW Trains only. The last District from central London to Richmond is about 00:20 hrs, same for Overground, I think SW Trains from Waterloo around the same.

If anyone needs/wants more precise 'local' info, my email is not hidden ...........
The other little trick at Twickenham rail station is to get the southbound train, get off at the next station and get the London bound train, avoiding the queues.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 3, 2018 11:33

chriseganstar
paulywaul

The other little trick at Twickenham rail station is to get the southbound train, get off at the next station and get the London bound train, avoiding the queues.

True, that would also work (in principle), but unfortunately the queues at Twickenham Station that build up are often just to get into the station itself, which is where you need to be before you can get onto the southbound platform. So one way or the other, regardless of which direction you're travelling in - you still get caught up in a horrendous bloody queue !!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 3, 2018 12:42

[www.facebook.com]

The caption claims "A fourth concert may be added to the Croke Park calendar next week"

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 3, 2018 15:00

rumours of London 02 show as well as Twickenham . Also of Mainland Europe shows.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 3, 2018 15:03

little queenie
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

Of course, I just bought tickets for Dead and Co. around that time.....

Damn, thanks for posting that, just got done watching Long Strange Trip (killer documentary by the way)! Now all I need is a Van Halen show around the 5th/8th of July to book a trip to California! And cross my fingers that I can see the Stones before or after that too. Rock 'n' Roll summer!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 3, 2018 15:58

EJM
rumours of London 02 show as well as Twickenham . Also of Mainland Europe shows.

I hope London O2 turns out to be true – I surely want indoor shows…

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 3, 2018 16:59

slewan
EJM

Why? How bad can the weather be May-June?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:02

EJM

Where/link?

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:06

Keith may need his rain stick in June we have Wimbledon tennis championships and it always seems to rain.
Personally I would prefer outdoor shows unless of course they were to play the Royal Albert Hall.

Nate

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:06

Monsoon Ragoon
EJM

Where/link?

As usual, you normally can't find these kind of infos on the internet.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:08

Cristiano Radtke
Monsoon Ragoon
EJM

Where/link?

As usual, you normally can't find these kind of infos on the internet.

I've seen a lot of "rumours" on the internet, but mostly wishful-thinking-nonsense, that's true.

Date: February 3, 2018 17:55

Nate
Keith may need his rain stick in June we have Wimbledon tennis championships and it always seems to rain.
Personally I would prefer outdoor shows unless of course they were to play the Royal Albert Hall.

Nate

Seems like the perfect time to visit England to me :-).
May I ask,
will Twickenham (see my positive projections here/ having good faith/ belief)
have general admission tickets up front,
or, praytell,
will there be a chair assigned in the front rows?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 3, 2018 18:04

paulywaul

Thanks for the tips and offer to help.
Booked in Twickenham.. doesn't look like a bad commute (20 min) to the Richmond station if/when needed to get around. Re-thinking my (cancelable) room now tho..

Date: February 3, 2018 18:12

I wanted to say ‘thanks’ this board, all you fans, have been extremely helpful and kind posting travel tips and reaching out. xxoo
I’m a novice traveler (not down the road of life) but beyond my habitat,
France last October my first time out of USA.
If I make it to England, it will be for a show and walks in the local countryside.
God bless The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 3, 2018 18:21

35love
Nate

Nate

May I ask,
or, praytell,

I really hope it's standing on the pitch,if it's seated then I will seriously consider not attending.

Nate

Date: February 3, 2018 19:13

Nate
35love
Nate

Nate

May I ask,
or, praytell,

I really hope it's standing on the pitch,if it's seated then I will seriously consider not attending.

Nate

Okay, okay, I know there are strong feelings on this subject, never mind, and I can and will stand with the best of them. I confess I like a chair as an anchor/ hold my spot, so to speak.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 3, 2018 19:27

35love
slewan
EJM

Why? How bad can the weather be May-June?

Why? 'cause it never rains indoors, it's usually not cold indoors either (British weather in May/June can be very rainy and chilly). Finally: It's always dark indoors (and there are usually less than 50000 people)

Posted by: RedRedRobin ()
Date: February 3, 2018 19:29

Dublin will be announced on Monday, February 5.Maybe more cities? Dublin for sure.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 3, 2018 19:40

hockenheim95
I will book rooms at the Travelodge Twickenham near the stadium. You can cancel the room until noon on arrival day

Thanks for this.. did the same.
Short walk to venue and great rates!

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 3, 2018 20:00

RedRedRobin
Dublin will be announced on Monday, February 5.Maybe more cities? Dublin for sure.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong,(and this crowd is never bashful at correcting people) but dates are rarely, if ever announced in ones and two's. They may add a few dates to a tour, but when they announce Croke and Twickwenham, they'll be announcing most of anticipated schedule, IMHO. Yet, the only dates I've seen with strong rumors are for those two venues. If anything is supposed to become official on Monday, I'd think there'd be reasonably solid rumors for other cities.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 3, 2018 20:09

How much does AirBnB tend to cost? I'm really not familiar with it.

plexi

Date: February 3, 2018 20:22

timbernardis
How much does AirBnB tend to cost? I'm really not familiar with it.

plexi

Tim,

I offer accommodation through AIRBNB, this is my place for example .......

[www.airbnb.com]

Before you ask, it's not available from approx. 18th June onwards, sorry.

To answer your question, expect to pay around GBP £70 to £90 for something vaguely similar in the Richmond/Kew area.

Hope that helps

Paul

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 3, 2018 20:24

I also think it's a bit too quiet for them to announce the whole tour. Besides, when was the last time a local promoter held a press conference to make the announcement? Monday could be entirely something else than the Stones...or even Ed Sheeran.

Does the Dublin City Council usually handle these kinds of applications in the span of 2-3 working days?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home