Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2018 21:51

Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

England's three World Cup group games are June 18,24 & 28 - so no fixture clash with football for this tour if those dates are accurate!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 1, 2018 21:58

Gazza
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

England's three World Cup group games are June 18,24 & 28 -

and their won't be any more after these dates…

Date: February 1, 2018 22:04

slewan
Gazza
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

England's three World Cup group games are June 18,24 & 28 -

and their won't be any more after these dates…

grinning smiley

If there are, they'll hopefully have the foresight to have shows pencilled in for the rest of the British Isles during that time frame!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 1, 2018 22:26

Gazza
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

England's three World Cup group games are June 18,24 & 28 - so no fixture clash with football for this tour if those dates are accurate!

Mick doesn't want to be touring during the final matches I guess.

Bjornulf

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 1, 2018 22:26

DandelionPowderman
carouslambra
BowieStone
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

Great find. Thanks!

If you read the whole tweet you will notice that the list shown is FAKE !!

Why? Because of the name of the tweeter, and the topics he/she is covering
(Twickerman - naked ladies etc.)?
No, because the official RFU tweet says so

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: February 1, 2018 22:42

Gazza
Topi
"One additional concert", the application states. City bylaws allow 3 concerts a year and the venue is applying for another one. We know for a fact that Eminem is performing two shows in July. The math adds up: 2 Eminem concerts + 2 Stones concerts = 4 total.

Now we're talking!

I'd be amazed if the Stones chose to play Twickenham again instead of Wembley, now that the opportunity is finally there to play the latter for the first time since it was rebuilt. Especially seeing as its highly likely it'll be their last chance to do so.

I dont know how many shows Wembley is allowed to stage per year but it used to be about 10-12 - either way its bound to be far more than is permitted for Twickenham. Theres no real need to apply for a special licence if they play Wembley.
They have had other opportunities to play Wembley which re opened in 2007. It is an awful venue for concerts. Too large and vacuous with terrible sound.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 1, 2018 22:44

Of course the official RFU tweets are going to deny everything at this point. They even denied (yesterday, on Twitter) having applied for additional concert capacity - despite having made the application more than a month earlier.

RS Inc. doesn't want anything official out there just yet.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 1, 2018 22:52

bv
Gazza
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

Mick doesn't want to be touring during the final matches I guess.

There is precedent with the World Cup schedule - in 2014, the tour started in late May and ended at the beginning of July. Maybe similar timing this year?

Date: February 1, 2018 23:22

RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

"Decision due: 21-03-2018"...
Let's ask Officer Mrs Fiona Jones if she can speed things up a little. smoking smiley

Or Mr James Wickham smiling smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 1, 2018 23:51

DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

Let's ask Officer Mrs Fiona Jones if she can speed things up a little. smoking smiley

There's local opposition to this, not a single comment in favour.
[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 1, 2018 23:54

I have been told that the new Wembley stadium is no good for sound. Anyway I have great memories from Twichenham last time around, and they make good money with chairs all overv the field.

Hotel prices are ramping up both in Dublin and the Twickenham area, so this will be "No Filter" hotel prices one more time, for those who book late.

Bjornulf

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: February 1, 2018 23:56

bv
I have been told that the new Wembley stadium is no good for sound. Anyway I have great memories from Twichenham last time around, and they make good money with chairs all overv the field.

Hotel prices are ramping up both in Dublin and the Twickenham area, so this will be "No Filter" hotel prices one more time, for those who book late.

I have booked a cancellable Premier Inn at Richmond for both nights. There are Premier Inns even closer to the stadium in Twickenham. Also at Chiswick, Brentford, Kingston upon Thames, Wimbledon...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 2, 2018 01:27

Deltics
DandelionPowderman
RoughJusticeOnYa
Lien
This is not fake

[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

There's local opposition to this, not a single comment in favour.
[www2.richmond.gov.uk]

Bunch of Beatles fans.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 2, 2018 01:58

carouslambra
Gazza
Topi
"One additional concert", the application states. City bylaws allow 3 concerts a year and the venue is applying for another one. We know for a fact that Eminem is performing two shows in July. The math adds up: 2 Eminem concerts + 2 Stones concerts = 4 total.

Now we're talking!

I'd be amazed if the Stones chose to play Twickenham again instead of Wembley, now that the opportunity is finally there to play the latter for the first time since it was rebuilt. Especially seeing as its highly likely it'll be their last chance to do so.

I dont know how many shows Wembley is allowed to stage per year but it used to be about 10-12 - either way its bound to be far more than is permitted for Twickenham. Theres no real need to apply for a special licence if they play Wembley.
They have had other opportunities to play Wembley which re opened in 2007. It is an awful venue for concerts. Too large and vacuous with terrible sound.

Only in 2013 as its the only summer that theyve played dates in the UK since then.

I've heard similar complaints about the sound in the new stadium, although as we've seen with Amsterdam, a stadium's reputation for poor sound isnt something which tends to deter them when choosing a venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 02:00 by Gazza.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 2, 2018 02:09

You’re gonna get a 4 hour show at the Twick,
no exit will be quick.
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie
the people will yell.

‘Watched my taillights fading, there ain't a dry eye in the house
They're laughing and singing
Started dancing and drinking as I left town
Gonna find my way to heaven, 'cause I did my time in hell oh yeah
I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well’

P.S.
I always think the current tour is the last, the last show is the last.
Ask my family, who now roll their eyes at me every time I say it.
Still... thank God they never do say ‘it’ or I do think it will be a big cry-fest. Or is that just me (and yes, I am a girl/female)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 02:21 by 35love.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 2, 2018 09:00

bv

I doubt that they don't do Wembley because of the bad sound. Why would they book the horrible Amsterdam Arena then for 20 years? Also other stadiums last year had bad acoustics judging from the poor recordings.

Date: February 2, 2018 09:46

bv

As far as Dublin goes, the hotel prices there are the second most expensive in all of Europe to begin with (only your hometown of Oslo is more expensive!). It's probably not so much as them jacking up the prices yet, if you compare the week of May 17 to the week before the prices are roughly at the same level.

For now winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 09:50 by Topi.

Date: February 2, 2018 10:35

Also, it appears Ed Sheeran is playing three dates in Dublin (Phoenix Park) that same week (the 16th, the 18th and the 19th) Good luck getting accommodation!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 2, 2018 11:14

Beast
Lien
[twitter.com]

June 19/23

So it’s taken 43 pages to get the first credible rumour - hooray spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

grinning smiley hot smiley thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 11:15 by paulywaul.

Date: February 2, 2018 11:16

But er ...... is it 'credible' ? grinning smiley

Date: February 2, 2018 11:19

The powers that be are not denying it! winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 2, 2018 13:01

Please no. Twickenham is a nightmare to get back from and the sound was terrible.

Date: February 2, 2018 13:06

Silver Dagger
Please no. Twickenham is a nightmare to get back from and the sound was terrible.

Not if you live where I do, it's a pleasant stroll TO and an equally pleasant stroll FROM !! cool smiley

Sound will be great (in the pit) ....

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2018 13:14

paulywaul
But er ...... is it 'credible' ? grinning smiley

More credible at least than some of the more fanciful speculations in this thread!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 2, 2018 13:24

Monsoon Ragoon
bv

I doubt that they don't do Wembley because of the bad sound. Why would they book the horrible Amsterdam Arena then for 20 years? Also other stadiums last year had bad acoustics judging from the poor recordings.

Wembley is horrible. I saw AC/DC there a couple of years ago and thought it was terrible. A couple of days later I saw them in Belgium: absolutely fantastic. Exactly the same show.

I heard that the sound in the Amsterdam Arena was alright on the No Filter. I wouldn’t know because of my pit tickets.

Date: February 2, 2018 13:25

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 2, 2018 14:09

paulywaul
Silver Dagger

Not if you live where I do, it's a pleasant stroll TO and an equally pleasant stroll FROM !! cool smiley

Sound will be great (in the pit) ....

Parteeeeeeeeeee at Pauly's afterwards. I'm goin' to bring some Puerto Rican girls who are dyinnnn to meet you!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 2, 2018 14:11

BowieStone
Monsoon Ragoon
bv

Wembley is horrible. I saw AC/DC there a couple of years ago and thought it was terrible. A couple of days later I saw them in Belgium: absolutely fantastic. Exactly the same show.

I heard that the sound in the Amsterdam Arena was alright on the No Filter. I wouldn’t know because of my pit tickets.

Yeah, fields have a good sound. I know Werchter from June 1995. Maybe they improved the sound of the ArenA after 1998. But I think it's still not perfect. The Amsterdam release from the Licks Tour is one of the worst available on pressed CDs.

Date: February 2, 2018 14:20

The only stadium i have experienced better sound than on a field is the Stade the France. Hope they play good venues.

Date: February 2, 2018 14:21

Booked in the premier inn twickenham on a Pay Later basis, just in case!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1257
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home