Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 23, 2018 19:35

Hopefully we will all get some real news soon.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 23, 2018 20:10

Nate

Nate thumbs up

Real news. MJ is or has just been in India.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 23, 2018 20:17

mtaylor
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Also- Ronnie

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 23, 2018 20:35

Yes I know they were in India I was referring to news about shows.

Nate

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 23, 2018 21:33

bv
Posting fake news om purpose here on iorr is not accepted. I will delete posting access i.e. ban user if needed. Harmless to some may be confusing to others.

thumbs up

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: January 24, 2018 01:32

BV:

It looks like last year the Stones announced the tour 4 months in advance,and you had the rumors up earlier. If they are to start in May or early June I would think we might be getting close to at least a rumored tour list. Do you think we might see a rumored list before the end of February?

Like many others I need to start blocking time on my schedule.

Thank you for everything you do. I hope to buy you a beer someday.

Cheers.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 24, 2018 02:53

Stonesdude
BV:

It looks like last year the Stones announced the tour 4 months in advance,and you had the rumors up earlier. If they are to start in May or early June I would think we might be getting close to at least a rumored tour list. Do you think we might see a rumored list before the end of February?

Like many others I need to start blocking time on my schedule.

Thank you for everything you do. I hope to buy you a beer someday.

Cheers.

Apparently no contracts have been signed as of today. I think we will get some info from Bjornulf at the end of February. and then it will be good info, so be patient please.
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 02:54 by corriecas.

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 24, 2018 04:52

MisterDDDD
mtaylor
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Also- Ronnie

I would die of happiness if they did something in India...or somewhere "exotic". So I have started to also consider the possibility going to both Europe AND India,,,here us why: Mick is in India, the most affluent part as it turns out, on the same weekend in the same place a huge 81 band festival was playing. I think they were there checking out the set-up and possibilities. Seems to be right up their ally. This page is in English and is all about the festival. It's SO Mick, right>?!>!?>!
: [www.ranthamborefestival.org]

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 24, 2018 09:44

Ranthambore festival is presented by Jeep, same as No Filter Tour grinning smiley

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 24, 2018 09:59

jcstone47
MisterDDDD
mtaylor
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Also- Ronnie

I would die of happiness if they did something in India...or somewhere "exotic". So I have started to also consider the possibility going to both Europe AND India,,,here us why: Mick is in India, the most affluent part as it turns out, on the same weekend in the same place a huge 81 band festival was playing. I think they were there checking out the set-up and possibilities. Seems to be right up their ally. This page is in English and is all about the festival. It's SO Mick, right>?!>!?>!

I think it's more than very unlikely that they will play in UK, Europe and Asia (Australia) all this year. That was possible in 2014, but the times are changing. They're four years older now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 10:03 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 24, 2018 10:57

But UK is in Europe smiling smiley Europe and Asia, not big deal smiling smiley

Date: January 24, 2018 11:01

zgredzik

Nobody seems to have doubts about UK and some Europe this year. I don't believe they will play elsewhere, at least not this year. They also gotta do some recordings I think. There won't be 28 shows plus some weeks in the studio for sure.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 24, 2018 11:39

jcstone47
MisterDDDD
mtaylor
Nate

Nate thumbs up

Also- Ronnie

Guess they are gonna do some recordings with an India band, maybe????
Jeroen

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 24, 2018 11:46

If they announce the tour 4 months in advance like the last tour, and they start end of may/early june they have to announce it at the end of januari/ begin februari right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 11:46 by spunky.

Date: January 24, 2018 11:50

spunky
If they announce the tour 4 months in advance like the last tour, and they start end of may/early june they have to announce it at the end of januari/ begin februari right?

They COULD, but they can wait another two months as well. After the success of the 2017 tour with all shows sold out (at those prices!) they feel no pressure to announce the dates as soon as possible. At least half of the dates will be on weekends anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 11:52 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 24, 2018 13:05

Not the Stones but a surprise concert of Eric Clapton yesterday in the Mogador Theatre Paris: [www.setlist.fm]

Date: January 24, 2018 14:29

Monsoon Ragoon
zgredzik

Nobody seems to have doubts about UK and some Europe this year. I don't believe they will play elsewhere, at least not this year. They also gotta do some recordings I think. There won't be 28 shows plus some weeks in the studio for sure.

That would all be Europe.

Date: January 24, 2018 14:34

I thought UK left Europe ;-) Anyway I don't think they will do the UK within a "normal" European tour anymore. That's not possible with 14 shows. But it's also not possible for them to do the UK only. The UK deserves only ca. 5-6 shows and might as well get 7, but that doesn't make a full "leg".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 14:39 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 24, 2018 14:40

In 2017 rumors of Lucca was in January, 9 months before.
from Wild Slivovitz post

e: The Rolling Stones Tour in Europe 2017
Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 27, 2017 18:30

[www.lagazzettadilucca.it]

According to this report, the promoter of the festival has dismissed for the time being the news about the Rolling Stones playing Lucca. He still leaves an oper door, though, and says that hopefully in 10 days or so we'll have clearer news.

Is he withholding the information due to some non disclosure - agreement maybe? We'll see...

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 24, 2018 14:42

"I thought UK left Europe..."

UK left EU, not the continent... Norway, Iceland and other countries are not into EU but they are European countries, of course.

Date: January 24, 2018 14:52

laertisflash

UK left EU, not the continent... Norway, Iceland and other countries are not into EU but they are European countries, of course.

;-) means = joke. Where is your problem folks? For the Stones the UK doesn't belong to Europe anymore because they would need a 20-dates-leg to do both. The good news is that we always get two European Tours in a row now.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 24, 2018 14:58

laertisflash

;-) means = joke. Where is your problem folks? For the Stones the UK doesn't belong to Europe anymore because they would need a 20-dates-leg to do both. The good news is that we always get two European Tours in a row now.[/quote]

No joke folks .

We're going to pull up the anchor cable and steam off to a nice piece of ocean somewhere near the tropics..

..I wish grinning smiley

Date: January 24, 2018 15:05

Monsoon Ragoon
laertisflash

;-) means = joke. Where is your problem folks? For the Stones the UK doesn't belong to Europe anymore because they would need a 20-dates-leg to do both. The good news is that we always get two European Tours in a row now.

The «joke» was kinda hard to get smiling smiley

<Nobody seems to have doubts about UK and some Europe this year>

Date: January 24, 2018 15:12

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
laertisflash

I can't follow the discussion anymore. Getting a bit too bizarre at times.

Date: January 24, 2018 15:38

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
laertisflash

I can't follow the discussion anymore. Getting a bit too bizarre at times.

Welcome to IORR!

Date: January 24, 2018 16:43

If rumours about Lucca were first of no filter and 9 months in advance, that means that polish rumour from December 2017 is a strong rumour and gig will happen

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 24, 2018 16:46

Monsoon Ragoon
I thought UK left Europe ;-) Anyway I don't think they will do the UK within a "normal" European tour anymore. That's not possible with 14 shows. But it's also not possible for them to do the UK only. The UK deserves only ca. 5-6 shows and might as well get 7, but that doesn't make a full "leg".

It is if they played affordable shows most or all of which took place in arenas. But we all know that they wont.

As there hasnt been a Rolling Stones concert (ie, excluding festivals) in the UK outside of London in twelve years, it would be a nice touch if they proved us wrong and did a proper UK tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 16:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 24, 2018 17:30

"New" Knebworth festival

[www.facebook.com]

COOL BRITANNIA FESTIVAL - "ICONIC ACTS FROM AN EPIC ERA"

Cool Britannia Festival will take place at Knebworth Park - the stately home of rock- over the weekend of the 31st August to the 2nd September.

The full line up will be announced at the end of January and all the details will be available on the website which will go live at the same time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 21:13 by Lien.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 24, 2018 17:50

Full line up announced at the end of this month.
I don't think The Stones will make a commitment now for early september.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 24, 2018 17:59

MOGADOR was a CLAPTON show.
I had a Mogador's technicien inside who did not know who it was but at least a great player smiling smiley someone was telling Stones.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-24 18:04 by toomuchforme.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2080
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home