Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 12, 2018 18:50

PaintMonkeyManBlack
did i miss some rumours about german shows?

From juicemaker's post on this thread, page 32:

"I got this info from a trusted source....the two shows in Germany will be in Stuttgart and Berlin (football stadiums each) in June. Apart from the UK dates, they will also play a few shows in East Europe. Official announcement soon"

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: January 12, 2018 19:19

With all the gossip, questions and attempts to understand their touring logic, this map of europe's population density clarifies a lot.

As always duri.g the past 30 years, in 2018 they will play in the purple or deep purple spots. They are like a vacuum cleaner winking smiley

I am glad I live in the major purple spot of Europe.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 12, 2018 19:55

shattered1978

As always during the past 30 years, in 2018 they will play in the purple or deep purple spots.

With some exceptions:

9-Jul-2007: Jaz Beach, Budva (Montenegro) - [iorr.org]

Nice idea: sun, vacation and at the evening a Stones-concert directly beside the beach. They should do it again .... winking smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 12, 2018 19:57

Poland would be nice. $$$ goes far in that country.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 12, 2018 20:10

The map is very interesting. It helps a lot for understanding why they play where they play. But I'm living in one of the purple spots where they never play (Dresden area, the biggest German town they never did) which might have something to do with the failure of the local promotors. (Or with PEGIDA? But I don't think so.) It's not so easy anyway. Looking at the map you would not only expect one show ever in Romania for instance; and you wouldn't expect a show in Estonia. It also has to do with - income of the inhabitants in a region.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 20:27 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 12, 2018 20:21

shattered1978
With all the gossip, questions and attempts to understand their touring logic, this map of europe's population density clarifies a lot.

As always duri.g the past 30 years, in 2018 they will play in the purple or deep purple spots. They are like a vacuum cleaner winking smiley

Iceland is missing on the map! smiling smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 12, 2018 20:22

BluzDude

Yes if you avoid the strip clubs spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Date: January 12, 2018 20:31

Nate
BluzDude

Yes if you avoid the strip clubs spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Haha, yes I heard about that.....and the very first night I spent in Europe (Frankfurt) back in 1983, I learned about those strip clubs, and heard about the ones in Poland.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 12, 2018 20:32

Monsoon Ragoon
The map is very interesting. It helps a lot for understanding why they play where they play. But I'm living in one of the purple spots where they never play (Dresden area, the biggest German town they never did) which might have something to do with the failure of the local promotors. (Or with PEGIDA? But I don't think so.) It's not so easy anyway. Looking at the map you would not only expect one show ever in Romania for instance; and you wouldn't expect a show in Estonia. It also has to do with - income of the inhabitants in a region.

this map indicating the buying power per person is maybe even more important (and it provides an answer to the Dresden question)
(gering = low / hoch = high)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 20:33 by slewan.

Date: January 12, 2018 20:34

DandelionPowderman
shattered1978

The Icelanders have the necessary $ but they are too few. In many countries it's the other way around ;-)

Date: January 12, 2018 20:44

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

this map indicating the buying power per person is maybe even more important (and it provides an answer to the Dresden question)

The purchasing power index around Dresden is much higher than in the Czech Republic where they played 5x. (But I must admit there were also 3 shows in Leipzig). I think the four main aspects are 1) population in the region, 2) purchasing power, 3) where are the next stops?, 4) local promotors - do they make a good job or not. If they are too risk averse, no major act plays. And there's also 5) are there suitable venues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 20:57 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 12, 2018 20:59

Just curious, When the Stones play in the former soviet block countries, what percentage of the fans are from Western Europe (or other places), considering the economy. I know they charged less for tickets at some locations.

Date: January 12, 2018 21:06

BluzDude
Just curious, When the Stones play in the former soviet block countries, what percentage of the fans are from Western Europe (or other places), considering the economy. I know they charged less for tickets at some locations.

I was at four of the five Czech shows. There were quite a lot Germans I think. There were even event busses Dresden - Prague although the Stones also played in Leipzig (which is 40 km closer) some weeks earlier or later. The ticket prices were much lower in Prague and Brno.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 12, 2018 21:19

DandelionPowderman
shattered1978

and west Russia of course.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 12, 2018 22:48

Isn't Turkey considered part of Asia, apart from Istanbul area?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 12, 2018 22:52

Wild Slivovitz
DandelionPowderman
shattered1978

and west Russia of course.

grey parts on this maps = no data available

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 12, 2018 22:52

Presumably its a lack of venues for the (I think) lack of concerts in Andorra, Lichtenstein and Gibraltar.
Andorra has to be one of the most prosperous regions in Europe.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 13, 2018 00:31

zgredzik
paulywaul
To get vaguely back on topic here ........ I'm currently having an adult gap year teaching English in Poland, but this is just to say that an increasing number of my students (who know full well I'm a huge Stones fan - cos' I often play youtube clips to them etc) have mentioned to me in recent days that they're reading stuff in the Polish music press about a Stones concert in Poland in the summer !!

So perhaps this 'rumour' is gaining strength a little ?

Yes, this is rumour which was said even in TV. Here in Poland there is such a big 'desire' for The Rolling Stones. I can't imagine selling tickets for this concert. It would be like for 2012 London gigs.

With all the buzz about a Poland show, "Blue and Lonesome" went all the way to #6 on the latest Polish album chart:
[olis.onyx.pl]

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 13, 2018 01:11

georgelicks
zgredzik
paulywaul
To get vaguely back on topic here ........ I'm currently having an adult gap year teaching English in Poland, but this is just to say that an increasing number of my students (who know full well I'm a huge Stones fan - cos' I often play youtube clips to them etc) have mentioned to me in recent days that they're reading stuff in the Polish music press about a Stones concert in Poland in the summer !!

So perhaps this 'rumour' is gaining strength a little ?

Yes, this is rumour which was said even in TV. Here in Poland there is such a big 'desire' for The Rolling Stones. I can't imagine selling tickets for this concert. It would be like for 2012 London gigs.

With all the buzz about a Poland show, "Blue and Lonesome" went all the way to #6 on the latest Polish album chart:
[olis.onyx.pl]

It was offered at a bargain price at the cash register of the biggest books and music retailer in Poland. That's the only reason and it always happens to CDs offered there this way.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: January 13, 2018 08:54

In the past there have been exceptions (El Ejido, Montenegro...), but since 2014 their schedule is tight. Watch high population spots with high income.
Dublin is on!

slewan
Monsoon Ragoon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-13 08:55 by shattered1978.

Date: January 13, 2018 09:21

I can't agree. IMHO Ireland is rather sparsely populated incl. the wider Dublin area. That might explain that they only played four shows since 1982.

Date: January 13, 2018 15:06

Cristiano Radtke
PaintMonkeyManBlack

"I got this info from a trusted source....the two shows in Germany will be in Stuttgart and Berlin (football stadiums each) in June. Apart from the UK dates, they will also play a few shows in East Europe. Official announcement soon"

Thanks! Would prefer closer but better than nothing

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 13, 2018 18:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Cristiano Radtke
PaintMonkeyManBlack

thumbs up hot smiley cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: January 13, 2018 20:13

paulywaul
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Cristiano Radtke
PaintMonkeyManBlack

thumbs up hot smiley cool smiley

Maybe it's time I found out....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 14, 2018 11:30

Iceland would be a natural stop on the next tour. It is a missing link in their touring list through the history. There are some 330,000 people living in Iceland, more than half of them live in or near Reykjavík. Virtually every person age 12 to 70+ in the area would be at the show. Me too..

Bjornulf

Date: January 14, 2018 11:53

bv
Iceland would be a natural stop on the next tour. It is a missing link in their touring list through the history. There are some 330,000 people living in Iceland, more than half of them live in or near Reykjavík. Virtually every person age 12 to 70+ in the area would be at the show. Me too..

They would loose much money with that gig so I don't think they will seriously think about doing it. Or are there rumours?

Date: January 14, 2018 11:58

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
shattered1978

The Icelanders have the necessary $ but they are too few. In many countries it's the other way around ;-)

They are not too few. Almost everybody lives in Reykjavik (330.000).

The Stones had no problems filling up Koengen in Bergen in 2006, a less populated town.

And Reykjavik is the coolest city in Europe. Would be a hell of a party!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 11:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 14, 2018 12:13

I think the logistical extra costs are so high that they'd loose money with exotic things like this. They probably lost money with the two Johannesburg gigs in 1995 which were 1000s of miles away from all other stops - and they never came back again. And South Africa has 54 million inhabitants, not 300.000! They haven't even played Honolulu for 20 years probably because it's hard to make profit there considering the additional costs compared with "normal" continental shows. They haven't been to Anchorage - also a 400.000 city - etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 12:19 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 14, 2018 12:25

Maybe they can play at the Secret Solstice festival in June in Iceland?
[secretsolstice.is]

The largest stadium in Reykjavik only has a capacity of 15.000

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 14, 2018 18:45

They should play MSG

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50