Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 11, 2018 20:48

laertisflash
Monsoon Ragoon, it surprise me your tenacity to rate current things by the measures of 2006...

All of us know that after Keith's accident, cancellations and tour's rescheduling, after all this disturbance (even rage, as many, many people did travel plans in vain...) and lack of trust, the whole situation got extremely difficult for the Stones. In various cities like Brussels, Barcelona, etc, which were almost sold out BEFORE the cancellations , AFTER tour's rescheduling ticket sales had been poor,by the Stones standards. But the explanation was clear and absolutely logical.

Speaking about German shows in 2006, specifically,I have to say: Call me crazy, but the fact that they attracted, under these conditions, 211,126 people just after the Football World Cup took place in the particular country, could be considered as real success. Yes, success. Unless we have forgot what happened in Italy (1990) and France (1998)...

In 1998 in France, where Football World Cup took place, they cancelled 3 gigs (Lyon, Marseille, Paris II) and only played Stade De France I. In Germany 2006, if I remember correctly, they cancelled just one gig and did five. Two of them moved very close to sold out (Koln 96%, Stuttgart 93.4%). Te rest: Munich 74.2%, Hannover 77.4%, Berlin 68%. The total number and analogy (tickets sold /tickets available) was 211,126/ 275,929 (76,5%). And, remember, they had visited Munich and Berlin three years later (on "Licks Tour").

I repeat, these numbers would be considered as really poor under normal conditions by the Stones standards, but the conditions were miles away from the designation "normal" in 2006 (and 2007 too).

Things are different now. Munich gig in 2006 had been attracted by 53,501 people. Munich gig in 2017, at the same venue, has been attracted by 72,637...

I know it all and it's all true you say. My short statements didn't discuss all aspects. Still I have doubts if they can sell out another stadium only 230 km from Munich after just 9 months. Maybe they can, I wouldn't be very surprised as Stuttgart is the richest conglomaration area in Germany. But I think it is unfair if nearly all European shows nowadays are around West Germany and dozens of smaller, less rich countries get nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 22:28 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 11, 2018 20:50

Stones726
BluzDude
DandelionPowderman
BluzDude
paulywaul
straycatuk
Shidoobees ? Are they real fans or just event "box tickers" ? They don't even complain about setlists ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sc uk

Quote of the YEAR !!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Yes, they are a cult and don't have minds of their own. When I ran into a group of them and told them I'm on IORR and Rocks Off, one of them commented that they would have to ask StonesDoug if it was ok to talk to me, then they turned their backs on me grinning smileygrinning smiley

You must have caught them on a bad day, surely. They've been nothing but nice and generous to me. We'll find out what this is all about in London smoking smiley

How about a several bad days???

maybe you're the one having the bad days. They've always been cool with me!

Whatever, it is what it is.It's their choice to think that non-Shidobees aren't worth talking to....especially when every sentence they speak to each other begins with.."According to StonesDoug......"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 11, 2018 20:58

I've been to several shidoobee parties in the past during the Licks, ABB, and 50 and Counting tours and have never had the impression they're "cult-like". In fact, I'm still close friends with several of them even though I haven't posted there in many years. I've also been to a few IORR gatherings - the most recent at Desert Trip at one of the beer gardens with four or five other members from here. I saw no difference between the two groups - everyone is a fan of the Stones, and some more than others.

Date: January 11, 2018 21:04

Hairball
I've been to several shidoobee parties in the past during the Licks, ABB, and 50 and Counting tours and have never had the impression they're "cult-like". In fact, I'm still close friends with several of them even though I haven't posted there in many years. I've also been to a few IORR gatherings - the most recent at Desert Trip at one of the beer gardens with four or five other members from here. I saw no difference between the two groups - everyone is a fan of the Stones, and some more than others.

Yes, I guess it's just me.....I must be a horrible person but I just don't know it.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 11, 2018 21:30

juicemaker
I got this info from a trusted source....the two shows in Germany will be in Stuttgart and Berlin (football stadiums each) in June. Apart from the UK dates, they will also play a few shows in East Europe. Official announcement soon

I want to see that!

Date: January 11, 2018 21:37

BluzDude
Hairball

Yes, I guess it's just me.....I must be a horrible person but I just don't know it.

Yeah you must be.

Just kidding BluzDude - I wasn't trying to single you out or doubt your experience - was just relaying my personal experiences with both groups of Stones fans.
I've been to some of those pre-show gatherings where there were members of shidoobee, IORR, and RocksOff (some were members of one or the other, a combo, or all of the above)...can't really differentiate whose who or to what group certain individuals belong to - all Stones fans having a good time as far as I can tell.

Date: January 11, 2018 22:22

Hairball
BluzDude
Hairball

Yeah you must be.

Just kidding BluzDude - I wasn't trying to single you out or doubt your experience - was just relaying my personal experiences with both groups of Stones fans.
I've been to some of those pre-show gatherings where there were members of shidoobee, IORR, and RocksOff (some were members of one or the other, a combo, or all of the above)...can't really differentiate whose who or to what group certain individuals belong to - all Stones fans having a good time as far as I can tell.

NP, what I mentioned in one of the follow-ups, that wasn't in the thread just above was that what I wrote was partly satirical, but it was the way I felt at the time. All I can say is, that thru IORR (and Rocks Off even though I don't post much there) I have establish good friendships on three continents which I highly value, because most of my old or long time friends do not have the same interests as me.

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 12, 2018 01:08

laertisflash
Monsoon Ragoon, it surprise me your tenacity to rate current things by the measures of 2006...

All of us know that after Keith's accident, cancellations and tour's rescheduling, after all this disturbance (even rage, as many, many people did travel plans in vain...) and lack of trust, the whole situation got extremely difficult for the Stones. In various cities like Brussels, Barcelona, etc, which were almost sold out BEFORE the cancellations , AFTER tour's rescheduling ticket sales had been poor,by the Stones standards. But the explanation was clear and absolutely logical.

Speaking about German shows in 2006, specifically,I have to say: Call me crazy, but the fact that they attracted, under these conditions, 211,126 people just after the Football World Cup took place in the particular country, could be considered as real success. Yes, success. Unless we have forgot what happened in Italy (1990) and France (1998)...

In 1998 in France, where Football World Cup took place, they cancelled 3 gigs (Lyon, Marseille, Paris II) and only played Stade De France I. In Germany 2006, if I remember correctly, they cancelled just one gig and did five. Two of them moved very close to sold out (Koln 96%, Stuttgart 93.4%). Te rest: Munich 74.2%, Hannover 77.4%, Berlin 68%. The total number and analogy (tickets sold /tickets available) was 211,126/ 275,929 (76,5%). And, remember, they had visited Munich and Berlin three years later (on "Licks Tour").

I repeat, these numbers would be considered as really poor under normal conditions by the Stones standards, but the conditions were miles away from the designation "normal" in 2006 (and 2007 too).

Things are different now. Munich gig in 2006 had been attracted by 53,501 people. Munich gig in 2017, at the same venue, has been attracted by 72,637...

Not to mention the US housing market crashed in 2008 causing a ripple effect all over the planet and we went into a recession. Times are different.

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 12, 2018 05:06

Not that this thread isn't getting long enough...but what's your thoughts on Bill Wyman rejoining them for a few songs/shows? I'm 39. I didn't have the opportunity to see him back in the day.

Date: January 12, 2018 05:38

I'd say the chances are zilch.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 12, 2018 09:48

jcstone47
Not that this thread isn't getting long enough...but what's your thoughts on Bill Wyman rejoining them for a few songs/shows? I'm 39. I didn't have the opportunity to see him back in the day.

At the moment there is no real reason for it. They played together last time on 50th anniversary, didn't played on last tour (55th anniversary). So right now it doesn't make sense to play with Bill.

Date: January 12, 2018 10:11

zgredzik
jcstone47

At the moment there is no real reason for it. They played together last time on 50th anniversary, didn't played on last tour (55th anniversary). So right now it doesn't make sense to play with Bill.

Let's see what happens for the 60th...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 12, 2018 11:16

Please stay on topic here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 12, 2018 11:30

DandelionPowderman

Then Bill is 86 years old.

Now back to topic: 'The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more' ....

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 12, 2018 11:32

"...But I think it is unfair if nearly all European shows nowadays are around West Germany and dozens of smaller, less rich countries get nothing".

I have strong reasons to agree with you, Monsoon Ragoon. I'm from Greece..

Anyway, your posts prompted me to find some more statistics, as for gigs done at the same venues/stadiums. "Europe 2006/2007 Vs Europe 2014 and 2017"...

Vienna: 2006 attendance 39,328 / 2014 attendance 57,708
Munich : 2006 at. 53,501 / 2014 at. 72,637
Amsterdam: 2006 at. 50,001 / 2017 at. 54,791
Dusseldorf: 2007 at. 30,000 (aprox) / 2017 at. 44,224
Barcelona: 2007 at. 42,000 (aprox) / 2017 at. 58,622
Copenhagen: 2007 at. 44,000 (aprox.) / 2017 at. 47,002

With the exceptions of Amsterdam and Copenhagen, the differences are really big.

Speaking about different venues, the most notable difference refers to Italy IMO. Two gigs in 2006/2007 (Milan, Rome), total attendance 82,000. Two gigs in 2014 and 2017, total attendance 128,000...

Of course, historical locations, where the two last Italian gigs took place, helped. But even so, the difference seems impressive to me. As for Rome, especially. Because, if I remember correctly, the Stones didn't play then since 1990. So the Roman gig in 2007 was the first after 17 years. And they played in front of 35,000 people in a 65,000 (less or more) capacity stadium. But seven years later, at Circus Maxsimus, they played in front of 72,527 people...

Date: January 12, 2018 11:41

laertisflash
"...But I think it is unfair if nearly all European shows nowadays are around West Germany and dozens of smaller, less rich countries get nothing".

Anyway, your posts prompted me to find some more statistics, as for gigs done at the same venues/stadiums. "Europe 2006/2007 Vs Europe 2014 and 2017"...

With the exceptions of Amsterdam and Copenhagen, the differences are really big.

Speaking about different venues, the most notable difference refers to Italy IMO. Two gigs in 2006/2007 (Milan, Rome), total attendance 82,000. Two gigs in 2014 and 2017, total attendance 128,000...

Of course, historical locations, where the two last Italian gigs took place, helped. But even so, the difference seems impressive to me. As for Rome, especially. Because, if I remember correctly, the Stones didn't play then since 1990. So the Roman gig in 2007 was the first after 17 years. And they played in front of 35,000 people in a 65,000 (less or more) capacity stadium. But seven years later, at Circus Maxsimus, they played in front of 72,527 people...

2006/07 was a pretty chaotic thing which didn’t help selling more tickets. Then you had the soccer championship; many "casual fans" went to the championship instead of the Stones concert. And some markets - probably even Italy - were oversaturated after more than maybe 40 shows alone in Germany and neighbour countries within five years.

Date: January 12, 2018 11:53

Irix
DandelionPowderman

Then Bill is 86 years old.

Now back to topic: 'The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more' ....

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 11:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 12, 2018 11:54

laertisflash

Do you mean 2017?

Date: January 12, 2018 12:15

DandelionPowderman
zgredzik
jcstone47

I don't think Jagger wants to hear all the lamentation afterwards again.

Date: January 12, 2018 12:57

Yes Dandelion, I mean Munich 2017. Thanks for the correction.

You know, "14 on Fire Tour" is like... yesterday's tour, in my mind. So i often do mistakes..

Date: January 12, 2018 12:57

laertisflash
Yes Dandelion, I mean Munich 2017. Thanks for the correction.

You know, "14 on Fire Tour" is like... yesterday's tour, in my mind. So i often do mistakes..

Same here smiling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 12, 2018 13:06

To get vaguely back on topic here ........ I'm currently having an adult gap year teaching English in Poland, but this is just to say that an increasing number of my students (who know full well I'm a huge Stones fan - cos' I often play youtube clips to them etc) have mentioned to me in recent days that they're reading stuff in the Polish music press about a Stones concert in Poland in the summer !!

So perhaps this 'rumour' is gaining strength a little ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 12, 2018 13:53

Maybe we have to prepare for a concert in Poland, if not for 1-2 more in other countries of East Europe, by hearing some polka covers of Stones songs. I know there are some. Any suggestions?

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 12, 2018 13:54

paulywaul
To get vaguely back on topic here ........ I'm currently having an adult gap year teaching English in Poland, but this is just to say that an increasing number of my students (who know full well I'm a huge Stones fan - cos' I often play youtube clips to them etc) have mentioned to me in recent days that they're reading stuff in the Polish music press about a Stones concert in Poland in the summer !!

Yes, this is rumour which was said even in TV. Here in Poland there is such a big 'desire' for The Rolling Stones. I can't imagine selling tickets for this concert. It would be like for 2012 London gigs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 13:54 by zgredzik.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 12, 2018 16:21

zgredzik
paulywaul

Yes, this is rumour which was said even in TV. Here in Poland there is such a big 'desire' for The Rolling Stones. I can't imagine selling tickets for this concert. It would be like for 2012 London gigs.

Sounds good to me !! I'll be there hot smiley ... as will a fair number of my students - so it seems. They're already harassing me about the whole business of getting tickets etc. 'What do I know', 'how does it all work', 'how much will they cost', 'how to get them', blah blah blah ? As if I'm a f f f f f f'ing expert on the subject !!?? grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: January 12, 2018 17:17

smiling bouncing smiley

can't wait

Date: January 12, 2018 17:22

If there are really only four or five continental shows and if really two of them are in Germany incl. Berlin (50 km from the Polish border) then Poland won't get a show probably. They also will do at least one show in Holland or Belgium or Norway and one in Southwest (Spain, south of France) or Southeast Europe. Let's hope it'll be more shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-12 17:39 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 12, 2018 18:25

Monsoon Ragoon

If there are really only four or five continental shows and if really two of them are in Germany incl. Berlin (50 km from the Polish border) then Poland won't get a show probably.

During the NoFilter-Tour 2017 the Stones played in Amsterdam, Arnhem and Düsseldorf.

The distance (beeline) from Amsterdam to Arnhem is approx. 80 km, from Amsterdam to Düsseldorf 180 km.

Warsaw is about 500 km away from Berlin, Chorzów about 450 km from Berlin.

Poland won't get a show because it's too near confused smiley

Date: January 12, 2018 18:35

IF two of four to five shows on the continent are in Germany, no way they will play in Poland. I don't hope so! I'd rather go to Warsaw instead of Berlin, although Berlin is much closer. But they will also have to play somewhere else. IF there are seven or eight continental shows, (almost) everything is possible.

Date: January 12, 2018 18:38

did i miss some rumours about german shows?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home