Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 11, 2018 11:41

Hilarious!!! Yeah and some people at the rails who act like one has caught ebola or the plague or summat! More than once I've gotten a Bergkamp-Sharp (!) elbow in me stomach for just being there. Usually they think our boys have ended up playing in their living room and they got some sort of exclusive right. Very strange.

Posted by: juicemaker ()
Date: January 11, 2018 15:10

I got this info from a trusted source....the two shows in Germany will be in Stuttgart and Berlin (football stadiums each) in June. Apart from the UK dates, they will also play a few shows in East Europe. Official announcement soon

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 11, 2018 15:19

Stuttgart and Berlin are very predictable choices. But I don't think both will happen. If Berlin happens they won't play in Poland perhaps.

Date: January 11, 2018 15:20

Monsoon Ragoon
Stuttgart and Berlin are very predictable choices. But I don't think both will happen. If Berlin happens they won't play in Poland perhaps.

Based on what?

Date: January 11, 2018 15:24

Five shows in continental Europe and two of them in Germany? I think this is quite unlikely. Also they could get problems to fill two big stadiums. Stuttgart is pretty close to Munich, Berlin to Hamburg. The Berlin stadium shows after 3-5 years in 2003 and 2006 didn't sell. I hope they don't book too many venues and then we have newspaper articles like "Es kommt keiner mehr zu den Stones!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 15:50 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 11, 2018 15:30

Monsoon Ragoon
Five shows in continental Europe and two of them in Germany? I think this is quite unlikely. Also they could get problems to fill two big stadiums. Stuttgart is pretty close to Munich and Dusseldorf, Berlin to Hamburg. The Berlin stadium shows after 3-5 years in 2003 and 2006 didn't sell. I hope they don't book too many venues and then we have newspaper articles like "Es kommt keiner mehr zu den Stones!"

No Filter Tour:

10 shows in continental Europe. 3 of them in Germany. About the same percentage.

There might be more shows, though. We don't know yet.

The Berlin 2003 and 2006-shows didn't sell - they lost money?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 11, 2018 15:36

Berlin 2003:
The stadium was being rebuilt, so couldn't be used in its full configuration. Still 50,000. Plus 8 other shows in Germany the same Summer.

Berlin 2006:
45,000 plus 4 other German shows the same Summer, just after a football World Cup took place in Europe. Half decent, I'd say.

Anyway, too long ago and completely different touring formats compared to today to have any relevance to their touring plans in 2018.
If they play in Berlin and Stuttgart this year, they will sell well. Even if it doesn't make sense to everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 15:39 by erikjjf.

Date: January 11, 2018 15:38

I don't care where they play. But I'm pretty sure they won't sell out five shows in Germany within 9 months, whereever they are. No, I think they don't loose money if the venues are by far not sold out. But this is very embarrassing. I think things like something in the South east part of Europe or in Russia would make more sense than the 6.000th show in West Germany.

Date: January 11, 2018 15:43

erikjjf
Berlin 2003:
The stadium was being rebuilt, so couldn't be used in its full configuration. Still 50,000. Plus 8 other shows in Germany the same Summer.

Berlin 2006:
45,000 plus 4 other German shows the same Summer, just after a football World Cup took place in Europe. Half decent, I'd say.

Anyway, too long ago and completely different touring formats compared to today to have any relevance to their touring plans in 2018.
If they play in Berlin and Stuttgart this year, they will sell well. Even if it doesn't make sense to everyone.

That's what I recalled, too. Far from «didn't sell».

Date: January 11, 2018 15:47

erikjjf
Berlin 2003:

Berlin 2006:

45.000 tickets sold (of maybe 70.000 in a 4 Mio town) in Berlin in 2006 a success? Although Leipzig was cancelled (if not, then even less people had showed up in Berlin). I don't know which planet you are from. Even the Stones noticed that the show didn't sell - otherwise they hadn't booked a much smaller venue next time around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 15:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 11, 2018 15:52

The next time around was in 2014, wasn't it? They booked smaller venues in most, if not all, cities on that tour - except for the festivals.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 11, 2018 15:54

Monsoon Ragoon
I don't know which planet you are from.

Please refrain from such outbursts of bad attitude.
I did not say it was a success.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 11, 2018 15:54

Tickets for the 2014 tour were sold out in hours or in minutes in some places.

Date: January 11, 2018 15:59

Because many of them were festivals or in rather small places (Oslo, Berlin). And the last European tour was 6-7 years ago. Everybody thought it was the last chance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 16:03 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 11, 2018 16:10

Vienna, Ernst Happel Stadium: 56.000 tickets were sold in some hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 16:10 by 1962.

Date: January 11, 2018 16:50

That was surprising. When I was there in 2006 not even the Front Of Stage tickets were sold out.

Date: January 11, 2018 17:04

Monsoon Ragoon

That was surprising. When I was there in 2006 not even the Front Of Stage tickets were sold out.

More surprising than 95.000 in Spielberg last year?

Date: January 11, 2018 17:11

To be honest I had not expected this. But they had not played there for 22 years. Of course there was a huge demand in this rich country. Many people from former Yugoslavia came in. Imagine they had not played the East Netherlands for 22 years. If they had played Ernst Happel again I'm pretty sure it would NOT have been sold out. They knew that and played elsewhere.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 17:25 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 11, 2018 17:59

juicemaker
I got this info from a trusted source....the two shows in Germany will be in Stuttgart and Berlin (football stadiums each) in June. Apart from the UK dates, they will also play a few shows in East Europe. Official announcement soon

Stuttgart and Berlin??? Well, that's two completely different place with total different images. In Stuttgart they got money but Berlin is considered to be hip ("poor but sexy", while Stuttgart is neither). Stuttgart is a very clean place while Berlin is dirty etc.
I guess they'll might have problems in selling out Berlin Olympia Stadium since people are not so well off in Berlin. But on the other hand there hasn't been a close-by show in 2017. As someone aldready pointed out: Stuttgart is relatively close to Munich.

the most unlikely part of the rumors seems to be that it says "official announcement soon" (on the other hand: the tickets for the 2017 fall shows went on sale in May)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-11 18:07 by slewan.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 11, 2018 18:07

They just played three shows in Germany. I live in the US so I may be out of touch w what happens in Europe but it seems odd they'd play two additional shows in Germany this summer?

Date: January 11, 2018 18:11

Gaetzi
They just played three shows in Germany. I live in the US so I may be out of touch w what happens in Europe but it seems odd they'd play two additional shows in Germany this summer?

they follow the money…

Date: January 11, 2018 18:19

slewan
juicemaker

Stuttgart and Berlin??? Well, that's two completely different place with total different images. In Stuttgart they got money but Berlin is considered to be hip ("poor but sexy", while Stuttgart is neither). Stuttgart is a very clean place while Berlin is dirty etc.
I guess they'll might have problems in selling out Berlin Olympia Stadium since people are not so well off in Berlin. But on the other hand there hasn't been a close-by show in 2017. As someone aldready pointed out: Stuttgart is relatively close to Munich.

the most unlikely part of the rumors seems to be that it says "official announcement soon" (on the other hand: the tickets for the 2017 fall shows went on sale in May)

Could be Waldbühne again, though..

Date: January 11, 2018 19:10

DandelionPowderman
slewan
juicemaker

Could be Waldbühne again, though..

maybe to small for nowadays

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:39

Speculation can be fun....or nerve-racking.

Let's get the dates and venues announced already!

I just passed my first hurdle on getting to Europe this summer....no objections from the wife (and that's a big one).

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:42

Monsoon Ragoon, it surprise me your tenacity to rate current things by the measures of 2006...

All of us know that after Keith's accident, cancellations and tour's rescheduling, after all this disturbance (even rage, as many, many people did travel plans in vain...) and lack of trust, the whole situation got extremely difficult for the Stones. In various cities like Brussels, Barcelona, etc, which were almost sold out BEFORE the cancellations , AFTER tour's rescheduling ticket sales had been poor,by the Stones standards. But the explanation was clear and absolutely logical.

Speaking about German shows in 2006, specifically,I have to say: Call me crazy, but the fact that they attracted, under these conditions, 211,126 people just after the Football World Cup took place in the particular country, could be considered as real success. Yes, success. Unless we have forgot what happened in Italy (1990) and France (1998)...

In 1998 in France, where Football World Cup took place, they cancelled 3 gigs (Lyon, Marseille, Paris II) and only played Stade De France I. In Germany 2006, if I remember correctly, they cancelled just one gig and did five. Two of them moved very close to sold out (Koln 96%, Stuttgart 93.4%). Te rest: Munich 74.2%, Hannover 77.4%, Berlin 68%. The total number and analogy (tickets sold /tickets available) was 211,126/ 275,929 (76,5%). And, remember, they had visited Munich and Berlin three years later (on "Licks Tour").

I repeat, these numbers would be considered as really poor under normal conditions by the Stones standards, but the conditions were miles away from the designation "normal" in 2006 (and 2007 too).

Things are different now. Munich gig in 2006 had been attracted by 53,501 people. Munich gig in 2017, at the same venue, has been attracted by 72,637...

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:53

laertisflash
Monsoon Ragoon, it surprise me your tenacity to rate current things by the measures of 2006...

All of us know that after Keith's accident, cancellations and tour's rescheduling, after all this disturbance (even rage, as many, many people did travel plans in vain...) and lack of trust, the whole situation got extremely difficult for the Stones. In various cities like Brussels, Barcelona, etc, which were almost sold out BEFORE the cancellations , AFTER tour's rescheduling ticket sales had been poor,by the Stones standards. But the explanation was clear and absolutely logical.

Speaking about German shows in 2006, specifically,I have to say: Call me crazy, but the fact that they attracted, under these conditions, 211,126 people just after the Football World Cup took place in the particular country, could be considered as real success. Yes, success. Unless we have forgot what happened in Italy (1990) and France (1998)...

In 1998 in France, where Football World Cup took place, they cancelled 3 gigs (Lyon, Marseille, Paris II) and only played Stade De France I. In Germany 2006, if I remember correctly, they cancelled just one gig and did five. Two of them moved very close to sold out (Koln 96%, Stuttgart 93.4%). Te rest: Munich 74.2%, Hannover 77.4%, Berlin 68%. The total number and analogy (tickets sold /tickets available) was 211,126/ 275,929 (76,5%). And, remember, they had visited Munich and Berlin three years later (on "Licks Tour").

I repeat, these numbers would be considered as really poor under normal conditions by the Stones standards, but the conditions were miles away from the designation "normal" in 2006 (and 2007 too).

Things are different now. Munich gig in 2006 had been attracted by 53,501 people. Munich gig in 2017, at the same venue, has been attracted by 72,637...

Well said....i agree with you......you cannot compare these different times cause of different circumstances.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:57

On one hand it make sense to play in Stuttgart and Berlin. They are both near borders. Berlin to Polen. Stuttgart to France, Switzerland and the south of Germany. Also The Netherlands will make sense. Near Germany West and Belgium.

And i am sure if they play maybe 8 shows in the UK ....they will be sell out the rest in 6 in Europe too....

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 11, 2018 19:59

Thanks, Thomas.

Date: January 11, 2018 20:16

Makes sense indeed. Good post, laertisflash thumbs up

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: January 11, 2018 20:39

BluzDude
DandelionPowderman
BluzDude
paulywaul
straycatuk
Shidoobees ? Are they real fans or just event "box tickers" ? They don't even complain about setlists ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sc uk

Quote of the YEAR !!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Yes, they are a cult and don't have minds of their own. When I ran into a group of them and told them I'm on IORR and Rocks Off, one of them commented that they would have to ask StonesDoug if it was ok to talk to me, then they turned their backs on me grinning smileygrinning smiley

You must have caught them on a bad day, surely. They've been nothing but nice and generous to me. We'll find out what this is all about in London smoking smiley

How about a several bad days???

maybe you're the one having the bad days. They've always been cool with me!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home