Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 10, 2018 10:19

The best show is the present one you're in the middle of.

The buzz remains undiminished, regardless of what the reviews say afterwards...

...and its an addiction. winking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 10, 2018 10:50

bv
Gazza
Not really, no. Havent seen the Stones since Berlin 2014, which was my 50th show and which I thought was a terrific gig at a wonderful venue. Figured that'd be a nice way to end it on a high.

I wish I could have the balls to do such a decition, but still, for me, the best show is the next show.

I can relate thumbs up hot smiley grinning smiley

The excitement never seems to wane, and long may it be so .......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 10, 2018 10:51

Spud
The best show is the present one you're in the middle of.

The buzz remains undiminished, regardless of what the reviews say afterwards...

...and its an addiction. winking smiley

Absolutely !!! thumbs up

Date: January 10, 2018 11:33

Doxa
Gazza
Not really, no. Havent seen the Stones since Berlin 2014, which was my 50th show and which I thought was a terrific gig at a wonderful venue. Figured that'd be a nice way to end it on a high.

Havent really had much inclination to change that since then based on what Ive heard but if they played the UK in 2018 I'd probably do another show depending on affordability, type of venue etc (I'm disinterested in enormous gigs in fields and places like that)

Damn, what my old eyes see, that old shower of b... grinning smiley

Great to see you here, Gaz.. I also haven't seen the Stones since 2014, and have had a similar sentmiments as you do after a terrific gig at Stockholm. Good to stop at a high note. But I need to say that the combo of British Isles and The Stones is something I don't seem to be able to resist, so I guess I might have little symptoms of that "tour itch" Dandie mentioned. London is always London and a special place to see the Stones, but if they do a show at Belfast I surely will be there.

Like always, it would be cool to meet some of you crazy people in those pre-show parties, etc. smileys with beer

Dandie, any other IORR band gigs in sight?winking smiley

- Doxa

There will be IORR Band-gigs in London. We're working on something special this time around.

More details when our «old geezers» bother to announce their tour winking smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 10, 2018 12:10

DandelionPowderman
There will be IORR Band-gigs in London. We're working on something special this time around.

More details when our «old geezers» bother to announce their tour winking smiley

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: January 10, 2018 12:49

SomeTorontoGirl
DandelionPowderman

smiling bouncing smiley

Hi DP,

Yessss...get in! This has made me smile- I'll definitely be there to see you guys play this time (I hope...plus I owe you a beer or two, hah-hah!).

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 10, 2018 12:55

DandelionPowderman
Doxa

Great to see you here, Gaz.. I also haven't seen the Stones since 2014, and have had a similar sentmiments as you do after a terrific gig at Stockholm. Good to stop at a high note. But I need to say that the combo of British Isles and The Stones is something I don't seem to be able to resist, so I guess I might have little symptoms of that "tour itch" Dandie mentioned. London is always London and a special place to see the Stones, but if they do a show at Belfast I surely will be there.

Like always, it would be cool to meet some of you crazy people in those pre-show parties, etc. smileys with beer

- Doxa

Gigs? Cool ! I will be there !! :-)

Date: January 10, 2018 12:56

[newsstand.google.com]

GREAT article, you MUST read !!

Written by a MEGA fan !!

Date: January 10, 2018 12:58

ErwinH
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

Bloody hope so, the RS wouldn't sound too good wivout Charlie !!! grinning smiley

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: January 10, 2018 13:05

Agreed. Saw Zucchero there last May I guess. Lots of rain but what a place!
Would try anything to get in there for the Stones!
But more likely i will do some 'Visit Britain' again...cool smiley

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 10, 2018 13:06

paulywaul
bv
Gazza

I wish I could have the balls to do such a decition, but still, for me, the best show is the next show.

I can relate thumbs up hot smiley grinning smiley

The excitement never seems to wane, and long may it be so .......
They have pull me out of retirement a couple od times...Just too hard to resisit, and yes, the best show is the next one I'm going regardless of place, venue or setlist.

Date: January 10, 2018 13:09

paulywaul
[newsstand.google.com]

Written by a MEGA fan !!

A great read - thanks! thumbs up

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 10, 2018 13:34

paulywaul
[newsstand.google.com]

Written by a MEGA fan !!

Good read
Thanks

Nate

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 10, 2018 16:44

bv
Gazza

Totally get where youre coming from - the 'in the moment' excitement of each show and everything that surrounds it never gets old - but for me part of it is financial and another part is the realization that this is all going to end sooner rather than later.

When it does - and hopefully that wont happen for quite some time yet - I'd rather try and do it on my own terms by slowly weaning myself off this obsession than my having it done for me in a more unpleasant manner because realistically speaking the Stones' career is most likely to end when one of them passes away.

As it is, if I found out today they'd never tour again, I've no regrets. Its been a great run and I feel privileged to have followed this band for so long and been around at the same time as they were. But whilst I'd like to see more shows if it was possible, I dont have the same compulsion to do so, no matter what.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 17:39 by Gazza.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 10, 2018 17:21

You ‘guys’ that go to all the shows
are important to the rest of us
that cannot and have not.
We salute you.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: January 10, 2018 17:45

That was a really good read and sums up my feelings pretty well.

Various things got in the way of me catching any of the fall tour but i'm in for the UK run- Setting aside 10 days, hoping to get 3 shows in. I have a close childhood friend who lives in London and I've actually never been.

"Always go to the show"

We lost some legends too early this year (Prince and Tom Petty)- both guys were still performing at such high levels and when both passed my first thought was "Thank God I made every reasonable effort to see these guys every chance I could" In this case 'every reasonable effort' will be flying to the UK this summer and spending obscene amounts of money on good tickets to see the Rolling Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 17:53 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 10, 2018 17:59

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Gazza

Havent really had much inclination to change that since then based on what Ive heard but if they played the UK in 2018 I'd probably do another show depending on affordability, type of venue etc (I'm disinterested in enormous gigs in fields and places like that)

- Doxa

This is what I was waiting for.smiling smiley

Date: January 10, 2018 18:42

paulywaul
ErwinH
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

...Dandie, any other IORR band gigs in sight?winking smiley

- Doxa

Bloody hope so, the RS wouldn't sound too good wivout Charlie !!! grinning smiley

Bloody hope you’re all there!

AND...you guys need a banner or something...keep those damn Shidooooooobees from trying to steal our band again! (Knitting one furiously now...). grinning smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 10, 2018 19:53

As far as get-togethers go, the Shidooobees are much better organized.(I have issues with them, but that's for another time.)

I have been to 3 well publicized iorr get-togethers in 2007 (London), 2013 (Los Angeles) and 2015 (San Diego) and there were never more than 4 iorr's including myself that showed up.....Hey! If you don't want me at the same event as you, just tell me!

Date: January 10, 2018 20:20

Well then, we better get our act together. And our act shall include beverages. And a big-ass banner perhaps.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 10, 2018 21:38

Shidoobees ? Are they real fans or just event "box tickers" ? They don't even complain about setlists ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sc uk

Date: January 10, 2018 22:29

straycatuk
Shidoobees ? Are they real fans or just event "box tickers" ? They don't even complain about setlists ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sc uk

Quote of the YEAR !!! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Date: January 10, 2018 23:19

paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

Yes, they are a cult and don't have minds of their own. When I ran into a group of them and told them I'm on IORR and Rocks Off, one of them commented that they would have to ask StonesDoug if it was ok to talk to me, then they turned their backs on me grinning smileygrinning smiley

Date: January 10, 2018 23:23

BluzDude
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

Yes, they are a cult and don't have minds of their own. When I ran into a group of them and told them I'm on IORR and Rocks Off, one of them commented that they would have to ask StonesDoug if it was ok to talk to me, then they turned their backs on me grinning smileygrinning smiley

You must have caught them on a bad day, surely. They've been nothing but nice and generous to me. We'll find out what this is all about in London smoking smiley

Date: January 10, 2018 23:28

DandelionPowderman
BluzDude
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

You must have caught them on a bad day, surely. They've been nothing but nice and generous to me. We'll find out what this is all about in London smoking smiley

How about a several bad days???

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 10, 2018 23:55

DandelionPowderman
BluzDude
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

I was joking of course...........well mostly grinning smiley I've met many of them from all over, but they are predominantly Americans and are great loyal fans.

sc uk

Date: January 10, 2018 23:57

straycatuk

sc uk

They don’t complain about set lists??? Fakes and poseurs!

Date: January 11, 2018 00:10

straycatuk
DandelionPowderman
BluzDude
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

I was joking of course...........well mostly grinning smiley I've met many of them from all over, but they are predominantly Americans and are great loyal fans.

sc uk

My comment is mostly satire....I've never met StonesDoug, I'm sure he's a nice and dedicated guy. The few times I ran into "his followers", ones that were exclusively on his board, it felt like a cult atmosphere

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: January 11, 2018 01:05

shidoobee meet-up's are a crap shoot. doug has a great attitude, just loving the stones is what it's all about. some of the fans that go to multiple shows are nice when you see them, but others can be douchy A-holes who think that because they have "X" bootleg they are way beyond talking to serf's or "hot rocks" peasants.

the funny thing is they (douchy A-holes) have no ability to go into detail about a great show. which is fine, i don't need to meet anyone from the internet to enjoy the travel and the show.

Date: January 11, 2018 01:11

sundevil
shidoobee meet-up's are a crap shoot. doug has a great attitude, just loving the stones is what it's all about. some of the fans that go to multiple shows are nice when you see them, but others can be douchy A-holes who think that because they have "X" bootleg they are way beyond talking to serf's or "hot rocks" peasants.

the funny thing is they (douchy A-holes) have no ability to go into detail about a great show. which is fine, i don't need to meet anyone from the internet to enjoy the travel and the show.

I agree....although I have met some great people from several different continents on IORR.....you know who you are smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home