Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 8, 2018 20:31

Lien
Adams
Someone who takes care of Chuck's FB page and maybe the website too needs a bit of discipline smiling smiley

When one of Vegas shows was cancelled a message was posted on his FB welcoming fans and inviting them to this show.

[mobile.twitter.com]

yeah smiling smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 8, 2018 20:40

Adams
Someone who takes care of Chuck's FB page and maybe the website too needs a bit of discipline smiling smiley

When one of Vegas shows was cancelled a message was posted on his FB welcoming fans and inviting them to this show.

Probably the same muppets that run the R.S Store

Nate

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: January 8, 2018 21:06

I hope a gypsey curses whoever wrote all those irish tabloid articles if an Irish show doesnt happen including that Chuck guy lol

if a show does happen i wish all the luck to world to the guys

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2018 21:31

When they worked on the European Tour 2017 I got rumoured shows for months about most of the locations they visited during the No Filter Tour, plus many others they never visited, like Venice and so on. Then the tour got postponed, and they built another tour with some of the same rumours coming in one more time.

As spring is getting closer I am sure we will see cities bidding against each others, and the best bidders i.e. those with local politicians who see the value of the Stones will approve and support. Approval is needed because some times they want to playe a place or a venue that isn't really approved in general. Support is often paying cash like a sponship, they get it back tenfold or more though the city invaded by traveling fans. Spain have got shows like that many years, like El Ejido, Malaga, Vigo, Benidorm and so on, and I am sure the same applies for the coming tour.

I am sure there will be shows in both England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. It will probably be the greatest UK tour since 1990, when they did 10 shows in UK, I stayed in UK three weeks that summer, and returned in August for the delayed Wembley shows. I don't know why they didn't play Ireland then, but later on Dublin has been there several times, a must these days.

Bjornulf

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: January 8, 2018 22:22

It's good to hear something more from you Bjornulf. So England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland are nearly 100% certain. But what places can be this from the Continental Europe? grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 9, 2018 02:08

bv
When they worked on the European Tour 2017 I got rumoured shows for months about most of the locations they visited during the No Filter Tour, plus many others they never visited, like Venice and so on. Then the tour got postponed, and they built another tour with some of the same rumours coming in one more time.

As spring is getting closer I am sure we will see cities bidding against each others, and the best bidders i.e. those with local politicians who see the value of the Stones will approve and support. Approval is needed because some times they want to playe a place or a venue that isn't really approved in general. Support is often paying cash like a sponship, they get it back tenfold or more though the city invaded by traveling fans. Spain have got shows like that many years, like El Ejido, Malaga, Vigo, Benidorm and so on, and I am sure the same applies for the coming tour.

I am sure there will be shows in both England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. It will probably be the greatest UK tour since 1990, when they did 10 shows in UK, I stayed in UK three weeks that summer, and returned in August for the delayed Wembley shows. I don't know why they didn't play Ireland then, but later on Dublin has been there several times, a must these days.

They barely sold 5,000 tickets for the show scheduled for Lansdowne Road on 16/7/90. They had actually taken an option on a second show on the 17th subject to ticket demand. The show was officially cancelled due to logistical reasons - the excuse being they wouldnt have been able to ship their equipment to Dublin in time. eye rolling smiley Even Ronnie made a wisecrack at the feeble excuse for the cancellation when he played his solo show at Vicar Street in 2001 (I think that may have been the first time I met you, in fact)

In the end they were able to use that free date for the rescheduled Cardiff show.

Ireland were in the World Cup in Italy that summer and ticket sales were generally very poor for stadium shows for all acts (Prince cancelled one as well), as they were in other countries. The Stones tend to struggle to compete with a World Cup being held in Europe when theyre touring the continent at the same time (see 1998 and 2006)

Theyve only played Dublin on one tour since (2003) although they did play Slane Castle in 2007.

I think Belfast could do with a show as well as Dublin this time. tongue sticking out smiley Lets make it a full British Isles Tour.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-09 02:11 by Gazza.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 9, 2018 02:52

Gazza
...I think Belfast could do with a show as well as Dublin this time. tongue sticking out smiley Lets make it a full British Isles Tour.

thumbs up

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 9, 2018 02:53

bv

Thanks For the info BV. Hopefully there will be a good run of Irish / English gigs and I'll get home and see them and in England. Ive given up on the idea of a Vancouver / Seattle Gig.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 9, 2018 04:14

Thanks for the updates, bv, much appreciated.

Going to try to make this one a family vacation/stones extravaganza!
Won't be able to do them all, but hoping for England, Ireland and Scotland.

Can't wait for some confirmed dates to start the planning!!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 9, 2018 08:50

Gazza
bv

They barely sold 5,000 tickets for the show scheduled for Lansdowne Road on 16/7/90. They had actually taken an option on a second show on the 17th subject to ticket demand. The show was officially cancelled due to logistical reasons - the excuse being they wouldnt have been able to ship their equipment to Dublin in time. eye rolling smiley Even Ronnie made a wisecrack at the feeble excuse for the cancellation when he played his solo show at Vicar Street in 2001 (I think that may have been the first time I met you, in fact)

In the end they were able to use that free date for the rescheduled Cardiff show.

Ireland were in the World Cup in Italy that summer and ticket sales were generally very poor for stadium shows for all acts (Prince cancelled one as well), as they were in other countries. The Stones tend to struggle to compete with a World Cup being held in Europe when theyre touring the continent at the same time (see 1998 and 2006)

Theyve only played Dublin on one tour since (2003) although they did play Slane Castle in 2007.

I think Belfast could do with a show as well as Dublin this time. tongue sticking out smiley Lets make it a full British Isles Tour.

I believe they don't make so much money as usual with just one stadium show in Ireland, because of the high logistical costs. That's why they didn't even try it most of the times. In Rome, tickets sold relative poorly as well, but there were even two shows happening.

Date: January 9, 2018 11:27

Yes, but this time they have a cheaper stage so that is a big difference. Doesn't matter if they have to fly all the gear from Stockholm to Arnhem or from London to Dublin i would assume.

Don't know if i can make it to the crazy islands this year, so hope they will play in western germany, the netherlands or belgium. In 2017 The Hague or Nijmegen were rumoured (but fields). For Belgium they always seem to love Werchter, and there is still no headliner for Werchter Classic.. So i do think there are possibilities.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: January 9, 2018 12:12

According to festileaks.com no Stones in TW Classic in Werchter....

[festileaks.com]
(dated 22-12-2017)

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: January 9, 2018 13:18

Well.... if they're not on TW Classic, they might have a dedicated day around that month. They mutualise the accomodation with Rock Werchter, and I believe the previous Werchter show was also a standalone show - not under the Werchter Classic Festival flag.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 9, 2018 14:22

The previous one at werchter was at TW Classic festival in 2014.

Date: January 9, 2018 14:34

They don't need a festival to get the Werchter site filled. The only time ticket sales were poor was on the ill-fated 2007 tour after dozens of shows in Northwest Europe within a couple of years. .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-09 14:39 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 9, 2018 15:36

bv

Date: January 9, 2018 15:41

Monsoon Ragoon
bv

Your post is missing here?

Date: January 9, 2018 15:43

Monsoon Ragoon
Gazza
bv

I believe they don't make so much money as usual with just one stadium show in Ireland, because of the high logistical costs. That's why they didn't even try it most of the times. In Rome, tickets sold relative poorly as well, but there were even two shows happening.

Turin had one show cancelled due to poor sales (they used the extra day to film some shots for 'At The Max' I believe) . In fairness, Italy's population is about 12 times that of Ireland's!

They used about 2-3 stages in 1990 which 'hopped' between dates a week or so apart. Theres no more costs in shipping a stage from England to Dublin than there is in shipping it from England to the continent. The logistics arent an issue. The official reason was the lack of time available - which was nonsensical as they know this info when a tour is announced. The reason they didnt play Irish shows in the next two tours (1995 and 1998) was simply because after what happened in 1990 they figured it wouldnt sell.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-09 15:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: January 9, 2018 17:22

Great to have you here again Gazza.

Date: January 9, 2018 18:23

Thanks..I just emerge from hibernation from time to time.

Date: January 9, 2018 18:26

Gazza

Getting the «tour itch»? winking smiley

Date: January 9, 2018 18:32

Not really, no. Havent seen the Stones since Berlin 2014, which was my 50th show and which I thought was a terrific gig at a wonderful venue. Figured that'd be a nice way to end it on a high.

Havent really had much inclination to change that since then based on what Ive heard but if they played the UK in 2018 I'd probably do another show depending on affordability, type of venue etc (I'm disinterested in enormous gigs in fields and places like that)

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 9, 2018 18:52

Gazza
Not really, no. Havent seen the Stones since Berlin 2014, which was my 50th show and which I thought was a terrific gig at a wonderful venue. Figured that'd be a nice way to end it on a high.

Havent really had much inclination to change that since then based on what Ive heard but if they played the UK in 2018 I'd probably do another show depending on affordability, type of venue etc (I'm disinterested in enormous gigs in fields and places like that)

Damn, what my old eyes see, that old shower of b... grinning smiley

Great to see you here, Gaz.. I also haven't seen the Stones since 2014, and have had a similar sentmiments as you do after a terrific gig at Stockholm. Good to stop at a high note. But I need to say that the combo of British Isles and The Stones is something I don't seem to be able to resist, so I guess I might have little symptoms of that "tour itch" Dandie mentioned. London is always London and a special place to see the Stones, but if they do a show at Belfast I surely will be there.

Like always, it would be cool to meet some of you crazy people in those pre-show parties, etc. smileys with beer

Dandie, any other IORR band gigs in sight?winking smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-09 18:53 by Doxa.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 9, 2018 19:15

Gazza

I had to look that one up... >grinning smiley<

Great to see you here again...Gazza, I missed
you and your thoughts a lot!

Date: January 9, 2018 19:54

Gazza

The first round in Belfast is on me. Doxa will take care of #2 smiling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 9, 2018 22:55

DandelionPowderman
Gazza

The first round in Belfast is on me. Doxa will take care of #2 smiling smiley

I would consider this show too. 36 hours was not enough time to spend in Gazza's Belfast (back in 2015). And if I make it, I'll buy the 3rd round!

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 10, 2018 00:33

I have a dream...
Verona Arena, audience 12.500
the best sound of Italy
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-10 00:34 by Sici.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 10, 2018 00:52

Wow that's stunning and what a place it would be to see a great concert.

Nate

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 10, 2018 07:50

Sici
I have a dream...
Verona Arena, audience 12.500
the best sound of Italy
Sici

That's also my dream. Saw Aïda there last year

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 10, 2018 09:13

Gazza

I wish I could have the balls to do such a decition, but still, for me, the best show is the next show.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home