Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 6, 2018 12:34

I think the problems are hotel, only 47 in Cork with Booking.
Lucca 155 but 3000 in 30 km around
Sici

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 6, 2018 18:04

Monsoon Ragoon
georgelicks
corriecas
Paddy
Please just announce this tour quick. Anywhere in Ireland or England. I cant book flights home until this is announced smiling smiley

Will probably be announced in March.
Jeroen

It will be announced earlier, even late January, most probably early February.
14 shows again, 10 in England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales and 4 "bonus shows" in Europe. Tour start in late May.

Where do you have the information from? I can't imagine they plan 10 shows in UK and Ireland. That's way too many - they never fill ten stadiums with the current prices - unless there are arena shows included (which I also don't think is very likely except O2). Four continental shows also doesn't make much sense. All in Paris?

Wait and see, they will not play Paris again this year, only countries not visited in 2017.
Also the can easily fill 10 shows in the UK on various cities, 2/3 London, 1 on Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds, Dublin, Cardiff, Glasgow.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 18:07 by georgelicks.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 6, 2018 18:12

georgelicks
Monsoon Ragoon
georgelicks
corriecas
Paddy
Please just announce this tour quick. Anywhere in Ireland or England. I cant book flights home until this is announced smiling smiley

Will probably be announced in March.
Jeroen

It will be announced earlier, even late January, most probably early February.
14 shows again, 10 in England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales and 4 "bonus shows" in Europe. Tour start in late May.

Where do you have the information from? I can't imagine they plan 10 shows in UK and Ireland. That's way too many - they never fill ten stadiums with the current prices - unless there are arena shows included (which I also don't think is very likely except O2). Four continental shows also doesn't make much sense. All in Paris?

Wait and see, they will not play Paris again this year, only countries not visited in 2017.
Also the can easily fill 10 shows in the UK on various cities, 2x London

They can easily fill 10 arenas with 10.000-20.000 capacity but for sure not 10 stadiums unless they reduce the prices (which ain't very likely). Even in 1990 there were "only" I think eleven stadium shows in UK.

As for mainland Europe: I don't think they would even consider Poland if they planned only four shows. One of the shows will be in Germany surely were 4 concerts were planned for 2017. Probably in eighter Frankfurt, Stuttgart or Berlin.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 18:27

paulywaul
There seems little doubt they're gonna do 'something somewhere' in 2018, so as usual ... the focus of people's attention is now gonna increasingly shift to 'announcement time' !!

Does anyone have any sensible ideas when something remotely credible (or even 'official' dare I say) might break ? For me, 'credible' means - for example - a 'rumoured' tour itinerary on this board, courtesy of BV !! Such as has always prevailed in the past.

'Credible' does not include people's personal preferences or wish lists, or 'fantasy like' tour itineraries based on their personal summer plans and an uncanny ability to provide accurate long term weather forecasts !!

Based on the whisperings so far, I would be hoping for something vaguely credible by perhaps March, and duly confirmed in April ?

Paul, you really must stop being so sensible!

You’ll ruin the thread grinning smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 6, 2018 18:46

Monsoon Ragoon, don't forget, many stadiums in the UK have 35,000 - 40,000 capacity. They are not vast like "Wembley" or "Bernabeu" or Munich and Berlin Olympic Stadiums.

Consider, in addition, that the last UK round was 5 years ago. And many people in the UK do know that the upcoming chance to see the Stones live, once again, is likely the last one.

Date: January 6, 2018 18:55

laertisflash
Monsoon Ragoon, don't forget, many stadiums in the UK have 35,000 - 40,000 capacity. They are not vast like "Wembley" or "Bernabeu" or Munich and Berlin Olympic Stadiums.

Consider, in addition, that the last UK round was 5 years ago. And many people in the UK do know that the upcoming chance to see the Stones live, once again, is likely the last one.

Okay, see you in Liverpool! They'll start with Please Please Me.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 6, 2018 19:04

grzegorz67
paulywaul
There seems little doubt they're gonna do 'something somewhere' in 2018, so as usual ... the focus of people's attention is now gonna increasingly shift to 'announcement time' !!

Does anyone have any sensible ideas when something remotely credible (or even 'official' dare I say) might break ? For me, 'credible' means - for example - a 'rumoured' tour itinerary on this board, courtesy of BV !! Such as has always prevailed in the past.

'Credible' does not include people's personal preferences or wish lists, or 'fantasy like' tour itineraries based on their personal summer plans and an uncanny ability to provide accurate long term weather forecasts !!

Based on the whisperings so far, I would be hoping for something vaguely credible by perhaps March, and duly confirmed in April ?

Paul, you really must stop being so sensible!

You’ll ruin the thread grinning smiley

grinning smiley I know, it'll be my downfall. Must revert to my previous behaviour ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 6, 2018 19:05

Haa... I aim for Ireland or Scotland on the upcoming tour...

Date: January 6, 2018 19:13

I have no doubt that they'll do eighter Edinburgh or Glasgow. But probably not both.

Date: January 6, 2018 19:20

laertisflash

There are several 50,000+ stadia outside London. Scotland has 2 Stadia over 60,000 and Wales has the Principality in Cardiff with 74,000. All 3 have hosted many concerts. In the North of England there are 5 stadia with 50,000+ capacities with Old Trafford 76,000.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Date: January 6, 2018 19:32

grzegorz67
laertisflash

There are several 50,000+ stadia outside London. Scotland has 2 Stadia over 60,000 and Wales has the Principality in Cardiff with 74,000. All 3 have hosted many concerts. In the North of England there are 5 stadia with 50,000+ capacities with Old Trafford 76,000.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

I believe they will only use the biggest stadiums in Cardiff, Scotland, Manchester/North England, maybe Birmingham. That’s three or four shows. Plus up to three or four shows in London. Plus Dublin. That’s seven, if not eight shows, but not ten. They won't book arenas for 30% of the usual salary, except maybe the O2 were they already did five legendary shows.

Date: January 6, 2018 19:42

Monsoon Ragoon
grzegorz67
laertisflash

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

I believe they will only use the biggest stadiums in Cardiff, Scotland, Manchester/North England, maybe Birmingham. That’s three or four shows. Plus up to three or four shows in London. Plus Dublin. That’s seven, if not eight shows, but not ten. They won't book arenas for 30% of the usual salary, except maybe the O2 were they already did five legendary shows.

You can discount Birmingham as its biggest stadium is Villa Park with a 40,000 capacity, has no recent previous for concerts and is in an area with traffic congestion issues. Manchester could easily support 2 Shows as it has a huge population within a 2 hour drive. You also haven’t counted Festival appearances. No Glastonbury next year but Knebworth could happen.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 6, 2018 19:42

Bjornulf..please put up the rumoured gigs for the 2018 tour.
Jeroen

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 20:03

corriecas
Jeroen

It is getting to the point where I start and sign into this page several times per day, hoping Bjornulf has a recent post. My hero,

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 6, 2018 20:45

If the tour will be bigger than only UK/Ireland then I can't imagine there won't be at least 1 show in the Netherlands... smiling smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 6, 2018 21:14

ErwinH
If the tour will be bigger than only UK/Ireland then I can't imagine there won't be at least 1 show in the Netherlands... smiling smiley

hot smiley

(Oh look, a Fireball emoji! winking smiley )

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 6, 2018 21:17

This thread is almost as aimless and speculative as the new album thread! thumbs up

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: January 6, 2018 21:22

SomeTorontoGirl
ErwinH

hot smiley

Hiii SomeTorontoGirl... someday we'll share one... :-)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 6, 2018 21:43

ErwinH
SomeTorontoGirl
ErwinH

hot smiley

Hiii SomeTorontoGirl... someday we'll share one... :-)

Noooooooo! That leads to ...[gasp!]... dancing!

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: January 6, 2018 22:45

it is a shame that the ties with the political representation and promoters in czech republic were somewhat severed. They could easily have a big crowd in Prague. Prague is strong enough economically, and it is close for almost all of europe with many options how to get there.
There is arena for 20k people or a place called letna where they played 2003 for 80k people. both basically in city centre.
Even kind of expensive tickets for other bands are selling out in minutes.

i mean it definitely will not happen, i just like to think about it grinning smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2018 22:57

Starting to get the feeling that there will be a lot of disappointed fans soon.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 6, 2018 23:02

GasLightStreet

Why

Nate

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 6, 2018 23:25

Nate
GasLightStreet

Why

Nate

There won't be enough shows.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 7, 2018 03:22

GasLightStreet
Nate
GasLightStreet

Why

Nate

There won't be enough shows.

14 shows in Europe two years in a row......

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: January 7, 2018 09:31

wish they would announce the tour

Ireland or bust for me as I can't afford to travel abroad too see them

A July gig in the Aviva Stadium would be good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-07 09:55 by Healy52003.

Date: January 7, 2018 11:27

corriecas
Jeroen

How the hell can BV put up a list of rumoured gigs when at this moment in time ... there ISN'T one such list ?

Patience ! When he hears something substantial that is actually credible, I'm sure he'll put it on the board ...

Date: January 7, 2018 11:33

paulywaul
corriecas
Jeroen

How the hell can BV put up a list of rumoured gigs when at this moment in time ... there ISN'T one such list ?

Patience ! When he hears something substantial that is actually credible, I'm sure he'll put it on the board ...

There aren't many real rumours around yet I guess, but several bizarre proposals (Cork).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-07 11:34 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 7, 2018 12:07

paulywaul
corriecas
Jeroen

I am sure there is certain talk within the Stones camp, about gigs they wanna play,places they want to tour.
Jeroen

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 7, 2018 12:58

Would love them to come to Brum or even the West midlands.

St Andrews would be fantastic, but the reality it is too small.

Date: January 7, 2018 15:19

corriecas
paulywaul
corriecas
Jeroen

I am sure there is certain talk within the Stones camp, about gigs they wanna play,places they want to tour.
Jeroen

And so what is BV supposed go do ? Post details of every snippet of every conversation that he gets to hear about - 10th or 20th hand ? Come on, don't be absurd ! Just WAIT, and we'll get to hear about it in due course, when there's something actually reasonably substantial and believable for him to tell us about.

And I for one wouldn't expect that to be before around March at the earliest, maybe even April in fact. I have but one reason for thinking this, which is that if you consider the last few excursions of theirs, the formal announcements haven't been much more than 3 or possibly 4 months prior to the dates of the shows ! So is there any reason to think that this time round will be any different ?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1711
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home