Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Date: January 4, 2018 00:46

Good to see you back, Gazza thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 4, 2018 01:19

DandelionPowderman

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 4, 2018 03:22

Gazza, hello there! I was thinking you might pop up with talk of Dublin!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 4, 2018 08:00

Great to have you back, Gazza!!

Posted by: novica ()
Date: January 4, 2018 08:01

DandelionPowderman

smileys with beer

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 4, 2018 09:43

What about a show in Phoenix Park Dublin?

Date: January 4, 2018 10:06

Another Slane maybe an option? Loved it in 2007.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 4, 2018 10:47

Gazza
spunky
It Looks Like The Rolling Stones Are Set To Announce A Dublin Stadium Gig: [lovindublin.com]

Poorly written article full of presumptions.

They cant play Croke Park in 2018 - the venue is allowed to stage 3 shows a year and theyre fully allocated already.

If its an outdoor show, the Aviva Stadium or possibly the RDS showgrounds are far more likely.

Big Al
Great for the southern Irish. Bare in mind, however, that 2018 will mark fifty-three years since the Stones last performed in Northern Ireland. This being a supposed U.K. jaunt and all. The Irish Republic got visited in '82 and '06. Northern Ireland was 1965!

thumbs up

Good to hear from you again Gazza.
its been too long.
Jeroen

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: January 4, 2018 12:23

hey guys first post here and very excited at the prospect of an Irish show. Been lucky enough too see a lot of bands live but never the stones

remember there have been reports in the past that the stones would play Dublin but they never materialised

Croke Park is ruled out as it's allocation is used for the summer, Normally Concerts for Slane are announced before Xmas. I'd prefer a stadium show so the Aviva or RDS would be fine. There's also a new stadium in Cork that fits 50000 and Ed Sheeran is playing there in May

we just have to pray an Irish show will happen this summer

Date: January 4, 2018 13:27

Would love a gig in beautiful Cork.
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 4, 2018 15:27

corriecas
Jeroen

The Ballymaloe hotel about 10 miles out of the city centre is wonderful.

Nate

Date: January 5, 2018 02:17

Nate
corriecas
Jeroen

The Ballymaloe hotel about 10 miles out of the city centre is wonderful.

Nate

Hi Nate, Thanks. Hope to go there, if the Stones do a show in Cork.
Jeroen

Date: January 5, 2018 11:22

Healy52003
hey guys first post here and very excited at the prospect of an Irish show. Been lucky enough too see a lot of bands live but never the stones

remember there have been reports in the past that the stones would play Dublin but they never materialised

Croke Park is ruled out as it's allocation is used for the summer, Normally Concerts for Slane are announced before Xmas. I'd prefer a stadium show so the Aviva or RDS would be fine. There's also a new stadium in Cork that fits 50000 and Ed Sheeran is playing there in May

Welcome aboard! thumbs up

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 5, 2018 18:20

DandelionPowderman
Healy52003

Welcome aboard! thumbs up

Yup - Welcome!

May the Force be with You.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 5, 2018 19:33

Please be realistic. Cork incl. suburbs has 200.000 inhabitants. I think a show in Cork is not much more likely than one in Metz or Osnabrück. Don't forgot: they didn't even play Dublin or Slane on most world tours.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 5, 2018 19:42

Monsoon Ragoon
Please be realistic. Cork incl. suburbs has 200.000 inhabitants.

Lucca has 90,000.
Moncton 69,900.
Landgraaf 39,500.
Spielberg 5,000.

Date: January 5, 2018 19:48

erikjjf
Monsoon Ragoon
Please be realistic. Cork incl. suburbs has 200.000 inhabitants.

Lucca has 90,000.
Moncton 69,900.
Landgraaf 39,500.
Spielberg 5,000.

Yeah, but there are many millions around. Most cities that get a show have more than 500.000 inhabitants. Why should they actually play in Cork although there's a massive demand and the hotel anyway in Dublin. Things like this did happen (e.g. Regina in Canada, Brno instead of Prague 2007) but not very often.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-05 19:49 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: January 5, 2018 20:08

They will play anywhere.
As long as a local promotor (someone they like working with) proposes a show (in a cool venue they want to play in) that will guarantee them a ridiculous amount of money. Population alone is not the deciding factor. Otherwise they would only play in Mexico City, Seoul, Lagos, Mumbai, Shanghai, Beijing, Sao Paulo, Delhi, etc.

Date: January 5, 2018 20:17

erikjjf
They will play anywhere.
As long as a local promotor (someone they like working with) proposes a show (in a cool venue they want to play in) that will guarantee them a ridiculous amount of money. Population alone is not the deciding factor. Otherwise they would only play in Mexico City, Seoul, Lagos, Mumbai, Shanghai, Beijing, Sao Paulo, Delhi, etc.

If the local promotors pay, they will play in Cork, Bielefeld or Jena. Could happen, but such strange things do not happen very often. It's not very likely that Cork promotors offer them more money than the Dublin promotors I think... Things like this also went wrong sometimes like in Brno where only 30.000 people showed up. Our promotors in Dresden are not very adventurous unfortunately, that's why the Stones as well as U2, Clapton, Jackson, Turner and most other big acts never came (but they were all in Leipzig several times because there are better promotors).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-05 20:25 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 5, 2018 20:45

Please just announce this tour quick. Anywhere in Ireland or England. I cant book flights home until this is announced smiling smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 5, 2018 21:22

crawdaddy
I was at The Point shows way back in about 2003.

The nearest I ever got to a 'club' show ,and also the smallest audience and the nearest I ever got to the stage.
Hospitality before the show from a guy we met at the MSG gigs in January 2003.
Thank you Tony. thumbs up

The fans there were great and I easily got to front of stage with the help of taller Irish fans who just pushed me up there. Such great Irish fans I met that night.

Ireland deserve a couple of gigs in 2018 on the U.K. Tour......................which may be the last time tour,but hopefully not.smileys with beer

Those were 2 great gigs in the point. I was front row for both and got the setlist and keiths plec one of the nights.....

Date: January 6, 2018 01:59

Paddy
Please just announce this tour quick. Anywhere in Ireland or England. I cant book flights home until this is announced smiling smiley

Will probably be announced in March.
Jeroen

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 6, 2018 02:36

corriecas
Paddy

Jeroen

It will be announced earlier, even late January, most probably early February.
14 shows again, 10 in England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales and 4 "bonus shows" in Europe. Tour start in late May.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: January 6, 2018 02:43

Monsoon Ragoon
erikjjf
They will play anywhere.

If the local promotors pay, they will play in Cork, Bielefeld or Jena. Could happen, but such strange things do not happen very often. It's not very likely that Cork promotors offer them more money than the Dublin promotors I think... Things like this also went wrong sometimes like in Brno where only 30.000 people showed up. Our promotors in Dresden are not very adventurous unfortunately, that's why the Stones as well as U2, Clapton, Jackson, Turner and most other big acts never came (but they were all in Leipzig several times because there are better promotors).

I wouldn't see Brno as a disaster. 30k was not the smallest crowd, happened several times that year - see [iorr.org] - but I would dare to say the promoter hoped for more given Brno's location between Vienna, Bratislava and Prague. AFAIK, the capacity is around 40k.
As you say, they will play anywhere if they get paid what they ask and logistics works. My understanding is that countries/locations are bidding against each other to secure the gig nowadays.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 02:55

please be telling the truth. Irish show 2018 yesss

Date: January 6, 2018 08:36

ferda
Monsoon Ragoon
erikjjf
They will play anywhere.

I wouldn't see Brno as a disaster. 30k was not the smallest crowd, happened several times that year - see [iorr.org] - but I would dare to say the promoter hoped for more given Brno's location between Vienna, Bratislava and Prague. AFAIK, the capacity is around 40k.
As you say, they will play anywhere if they get paid what they ask and logistics works. My understanding is that countries/locations are bidding against each other to secure the gig nowadays.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Brno promotor lost some millions. 2007 was complicated, that was a tour leg too much or at least it was too long. Also Germany and Benelux and others didn't sell. But I'm pretty sure had the show been in Prague, much more people had shown up, maybe not 120.000 anymore but 50.000. It was also nonsense to book Brno and Budapest on the same tour - only a year after the not-sold-out Vienna show.

Date: January 6, 2018 08:39

georgelicks
corriecas
Paddy

Jeroen

It will be announced earlier, even late January, most probably early February.
14 shows again, 10 in England/Ireland/Scotland/Wales and 4 "bonus shows" in Europe. Tour start in late May.

Where do you have the information from? I can't imagine they plan 10 shows in UK and Ireland. That's way too many - they never fill ten stadiums with the current prices - unless there are arena shows included (which I also don't think is very likely except O2). Four continental shows also doesn't make much sense. All in Paris?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 08:47 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 6, 2018 10:19

There seems little doubt they're gonna do 'something somewhere' in 2018, so as usual ... the focus of people's attention is now gonna increasingly shift to 'announcement time' !!

Does anyone have any sensible ideas when something remotely credible (or even 'official' dare I say) might break ? For me, 'credible' means - for example - a 'rumoured' tour itinerary on this board, courtesy of BV !! Such as has always prevailed in the past.

'Credible' does not include people's personal preferences or wish lists, or 'fantasy like' tour itineraries based on their personal summer plans and an uncanny ability to provide accurate long term weather forecasts !!

Based on the whisperings so far, I would be hoping for something vaguely credible by perhaps March, and duly confirmed in April ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-06 10:21 by paulywaul.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: January 6, 2018 10:55

Lucca has 90,000.
YEAH, IF YOU COUNT LEGS!
Lucca has 45.000 only.

Date: January 6, 2018 11:11

Population ~90,000.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 127