Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones 2018 tour rumours - UK and more
Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 28, 2017 17:45

thrak
Yeahh but i think Metz wouldn't say it on air if he wasn't sure

I've never trusted him too much smiling smiley but totally stopped trusting him when on air, during an Exile special he said that The Stones did absolutely no additional recordings for the Exile bonus disc. People listen to that kind of stuff and get info that is totally off.

And there were so many rumours on national TV and radio about shows that never happened.

Anyway, I'm wondering what business model The Stones will use the next year. Are they really going to play separate shows in mainland Europe or festivals only? Maybe Waldbuhne too? Places with the stage already in place.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 28, 2017 17:54

Adams
thrak

I've never trusted him too much smiling smiley but totally stopped trusting him when on air, during an Exile special he said that The Stones did absolutely no additional recordings for the Exile bonus disc. People listen to that kind of stuff and get info that is totally off.

And there were so many rumours on national TV and radio about shows that never happened.

Anyway, I'm wondering what business model The Stones will use the next year. Are they really going to play separate shows in mainland Europe or festivals only? Maybe Waldbuhne too? Places with the stage already in place.

Please no Berlin again! They played there 14 times I think that's enough. They should play the concert for Poland IN Poland. Many of the shows since the 90s were not sold out btw. There are a lot of relative important cities in Germany were they have never been or many years ago. Nobody cares about a 15th show in Berlin.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-28 19:41 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: December 28, 2017 20:21

Monsoon Ragoon
Adams
thrak

Please no Berlin again! They played there 14 times I think that's enough. They should play the concert for Poland IN Poland. Many of the shows since the 90s were not sold out btw. There are a lot of relative important cities in Germany were they have never been or many years ago. Nobody cares about a 15th show in Berlin.

..and really no one cares for a show in Poland ..., well except for polish people.. same with Berlin, Stones history...

Date: December 28, 2017 20:37

electricmud
Monsoon Ragoon
Adams
thrak

..and really no one cares for a show in Poland ..., well except for polish people.. same with Berlin, Stones history...

What I mean is: another Stones concert in Berlin is just another Stones concert in Berlin. Nobody would be surprised or overwhelmed. A show in Dresden, Erfurt or Gdansk would be a sensation, the towns would go mad two times in a year: after the announcement and around showday. Nevertheless a Berlin show is pretty likely if you look were they've been in Germany this year, although this could be reason they don't play Poland.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-28 20:48 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: FreejackPL ()
Date: December 29, 2017 00:27

thrak

please bear in mind that Piotr Metz is a Director of Orange Warsaw Festival. It might be a lead where Stones will play.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: December 29, 2017 00:52

FreejackPL
thrak

please bear in mind that Piotr Metz is a Director of Orange Warsaw Festival. It might be a lead where Stones will play.

right, but it doesn't make sense. Orange Warsaw Festival will take place on Sluzewiec (where Stones played in 2007), but rumours was about National Stadium. so maybe there is point somewhere in all this or no. time will tell. and also - OWF is festival where will play Sam Smith, Florence and The Machine.. not so good for The Rolling Stones.

As I see - they announce headliner for both days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-29 01:18 by zgredzik.

Posted by: Sandy Beach ()
Date: December 29, 2017 03:38

Are You Ready ?

ROLLING STONES EUROPEAN TOUR 2018

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 29, 2017 13:01

Sandy Beach
Are You Ready ?

smileys with beersmileys with beer

is everybody Ready??? Well, i am !!! Maybe do 5 shows next year... Great !
Jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 29, 2017 13:24

corriecas
Sandy Beach
Are You Ready ?

smileys with beersmileys with beer

is everybody Ready??? Well, i am !!! Maybe do 5 shows next year... Great !
Jeroen
New album in April.
Tour May - july.
Great news smileys with beer

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: December 29, 2017 14:32

No hard feelings...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-29 15:06 by jacollini.

Date: December 29, 2017 14:44

jacollini
Hi,
I'm Polish and I don't give a shit about show in Poland.
Shows here are often horribly organised and MANY spectators
are stupid @#$%& who don't even heard about how to act politely.
I have been to dozens of shows and only few of them I've got good memories from.
Being on RS shows abroad I can say one thing: When you meet some piggish jackass
who would kill you to get the place closer to the stage, most probably he's Polish. Therefore, I'd prefer random different country worldwide. Thanks for your attention.

But I believe that isn't the main reason they avoid Poland on most tours.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: December 29, 2017 14:49

jacollini
When you meet some piggish jackass
who would kill you to get the place closer to the stage, most probably he's Polish.

please - don't believe this man.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-29 14:50 by zgredzik.

Date: December 29, 2017 15:08

jacollini
Hi,
I'm Polish and I don't give a shit about show in Poland.
Shows here are often horribly organised and MANY spectators
are stupid @#$%& who don't even heard about how to act politely.
I have been to dozens of shows and only few of them I've got good memories from.
Being on RS shows abroad I can say one thing: When you meet some piggish jackass
who would kill you to get the place closer to the stage, most probably he's Polish. Therefore, I'd prefer random different country worldwide. Thanks for your attention.

I go to 200+ concerts a year here in Poland and have no idea what you're reffering to.
Actually the only crowd close to aggresive at a show that I experienced was in Hyde Park 2. Also Berlin 2003 was not too nice where I was standing. Both Stones shows.
Bad organisation. Luckily I hardly ever experience it. If you want to hear about bad organisation read some threads about No Filter tour, especially Hamburg, Spielberg, Paris and maybe Lucca too as that field was not prepared for so many people I think.

Posted by: jacollini ()
Date: December 29, 2017 15:08

Sorry if I offend anyone but unfortunately these are my experiences...

I'v met wonderful people from my country on almost every RS show but
on the other hand I've met many stupid people who were interested
only in be in the first line, at any cost. But maybe it's international
phenomenon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-29 15:21 by jacollini.

Date: December 29, 2017 15:23

jacollini

phenomenon.

of course it's international smiling smiley

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 29, 2017 20:31

met some great polish stones fans through the years smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: jcstone47 ()
Date: December 29, 2017 22:01

Adams
jacollini

phenomenon.

of course it's international smiling smiley

I'll say one thing...I am from the states. I've seen the boys on every continent and there are jackasses everywhere. I actually prefer to leave to states myself to see them, as tickets are generally easier to get. It's a damn frenzy over here. At '14 Vien show, there was a weasel of a Polish guy i'll always remember for pushing me against the fence. I'm 5'2"...he was at least 6 foot and really really rude. Plus I was in the early admittance wrist band group, and he made his way up all the way to the front. PS...my both parents are Polish. 100%

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: December 29, 2017 23:16

Guys, if The Stones are going to do a gig in Central-Eastern Poland, they will pick Poland. Basically not many promoters outside of Western EU can afford booking Stones. And by playing big city like Warsaw, they are guaranteed similar gross as in Amsterdam, Stockholm or Barcelona. Ticket prices in Poland are already ridiculously high, often higher than in Germany (which is surprising, considering average net salaries here are 3 times lower) but the shows are packed. Poland also got one of the most modern stadiums (thanks to 2012 UEFA Euro championship) and arenas in this part of Europe. They might also do one more gig around here, like in Prague, but I believe Poland will be an easy choice. Polish Live Nation has been approaching them every time since the cancelled 2006 gig and was close to secure Warsaw stop on the 14 On Fire tour already 3 years ago (lost on the short final to Tel Aviv). Fingers crossed for Polish show in 2018!

Rolling Stones to play gig in Poland in 2018
Posted by: harleybla ()
Date: December 29, 2017 21:55

This is good news

[www.thenews.pl]

Re: Rolling Stones to play gig in Poland in 2018
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 29, 2017 22:01

harleybla
This is good news

[www.thenews.pl]

GREAT NEWS!! What the world needs now, is Stones, MORE STONES!

I am loving all the 2018 tour rumors, even if I have to fly over to see them.

Re: Rolling Stones to play gig in Poland in 2018
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 29, 2017 22:27

i was in poland in october, very interesting country.

warsaw opened my eyes to a lot of stuff thats gone on in the world.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: December 30, 2017 00:38

Tax wise there is a difference between playing on festivals and playing at locations which are part of the band's officially announced tours. In 2014 they did a festival in the UK. That didn't interfere with a EU Tour on the Continent in that same year.
If they do a tour in the UK and the EU in the same year, "Mr.UKtaxman" will sc€&@w them heavily. So what would you do in that case?
It's not so difficult smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 30, 2017 13:36

georgie48
Tax wise there is a difference between playing on festivals and playing at locations which are part of the band's officially announced tours. In 2014 they did a festival in the UK.That didn't interfere with a EU Tour on the Continent in that same year.
If they do a tour in the UK and the EU in the same year, "Mr.UKtaxman" will sc€&@w them heavily. So what would you do in that case?
It's not so difficult smileys with beer

Did they really? Where?

Sinve the 1998 BtB Tour UK gigs which were postponed by a year, they’ve done shows in both the UK and continental Europe in the following years:

1999, 2003, 2006 & 2007.

Date: December 30, 2017 13:46

You're absolutely right. In fact I was in all those years you mentioned at concerts on both sides of the Channel. It must be rock'n'roll Alzheimer ... in the middle of the night ... grinning smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 30, 2017 13:55

georgie48

In 2014 they did a festival in the UK. That didn't interfere with a EU Tour on the Continent in that same year.

Glastonbury Festival was in 2013, right before Hyde Park 2013 -- [iorr.org] .

The EU-Tour on the Continent was in the following year: 2014 -- [iorr.org] .

Date: December 30, 2017 14:28

Irix
georgie48

In 2014 they did a festival in the UK. That didn't interfere with a EU Tour on the Continent in that same year.

Glastonbury Festival was in 2013, right before Hyde Park 2013 -- [iorr.org] .

The EU-Tour on the Continent was in the following year: 2014 -- [iorr.org] .

Too much beer smileys with beergrinning smiley I was in Hyde Park in 2013 (first show). Great weather, magnificent concert. And 2014 took me to Abu Dhabi, Düsseldorf, PinkPop and Stockholm. (And went to Hanging Rock ... twice, in vainconfused smiley). My mind is much clearer today.winking smiley

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 30, 2017 19:01

Ok. Yesterday Piotr Metz (Polish Radio 3) confirmed that Stones will play on National Stadium in Warsaw. He said it in front of 2-2,5.000 people who were attending on T.Love (polish band) concert in Warsaw.
I know there was a rumour last time on 2014 and nothing happened but it's second or third time in a week Metz is talking about it on public.
He's probably most influential music journalist in Poland right now with a strong connections and friendship in UK. I know that he knows Jane Rose also so we might be on something here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-30 19:06 by thrak.

Date: December 30, 2017 19:28

thrak
Ok. Yesterday Piotr Metz (Polish Radio 3) confirmed that Stones will play on National Stadium in Warsaw. He said it in front of 2-2,5.000 people who were attending on T.Love (polish band) concert in Warsaw.
I know there was a rumour last time on 2014 and nothing happened but it's second or third time in a week Metz is talking about it on public.
He's probably most influential music journalist in Poland right now with a strong connections and friendship in UK. I know that he knows Jane Rose also so we might be on something here.

I hope he's right but what bothers me is that if he knows something like that for sure, spreading the news the way he does is a bit unprofessional. And that brings the question of credibility. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 30, 2017 19:42

Possibly great news for those in Poland! thumbs up

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 30, 2017 21:02

Hairball
Possibly great news for those in Poland! thumbs up

I find you misleading here.
A rumor from a disc joky (jokey) in Poland trying to drum up business?

Sounds to me like nothing, everything is on hold, Mick off in the Himalayas
everybody on vacay wait and see.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home