Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of UK
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 10, 2017 08:49

Maybe McCartney is a still a real musician, not just a clown...

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 10, 2017 11:10

Deathgod

I've been asked not to name names.

But, very close associate to Stones promoter told a mutual friend whom they work alongside re venues and major events that the Stones are a lock for March. This happened at the McCartney show.
The person who passed on the info is a very connected source and the person who was told is an internationally connected person involved in venues and major events. The person told is married to a very good friend of mine. We both have/had worked in the music industry for decades.
I would be 100% confident on the information.
Whether it pans out is yet to be seen

So that's three levels of displacement? Sorry, but much as I hope you are right and I am wrong, I have learnt to be rather sceptical about fourth (3 + you) read on an internet forum.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 10, 2017 13:19

tommycharles
35love
I sometimes think Sir Paul and Sir Mick have a competitive bet running;
You retire first, No YOU retire first, I’ll quit when you quit,
that bugger I can’t let him outlast me... winking smiley

Mick is at a substantial disadvantage in that particular race, as
- Paul’s stage act involves no running about
- Paul’s entire band is 20-25 years younger than he is

None of which is meant at a slight to Paul, who still puts on terrific shows. But Mick has a more difficult task these days.

Paul's biggest advantage is that he can fire any member of his band any time he wants to and still continue touring, i.e. nobody will notice if he changes his band. Mick just can't do this (remember that all his attempts to start a solo career failed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-10 13:20 by slewan.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 10, 2017 13:37

CaptainCorella
Deathgod

But, very close associate to Stones promoter told a mutual friend whom they work alongside re venues and major events that the Stones are a lock for March. This happened at the McCartney show.
The person who passed on the info is a very connected source and the person who was told is an internationally connected person involved in venues and major events. The person told is married to a very good friend of mine. We both have/had worked in the music industry for decades.

So that's three levels of displacement? Sorry, but much as I hope you are right and I am wrong, I have learnt to be rather sceptical about fourth (3 + you) read on an internet forum.
Lolz whatever
I was told this by my mate who was there and heard what was said to his wife
Next time I will ask him to record it and get a 'certificate of authenticity' so I have 'proof' when I wish to pass on the info to those who may be interested

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 10, 2017 13:46

Deathgod
CaptainCorella
Deathgod

I think this may not happen. Maybe in 2019, but there is only one tour in 2018, and thats the 2018 UK Tour. The Stones will be far too busy to finish up the New album in the first 4 months of 2018, do promotion etc. Then there are the rehearsals for the UK tour, so i dont think tours in other continents will happen in 2018.
Jeroen

Lolz whatever
Next time I will ask him to record it and get a 'certificate of authenticity' so I have 'proof' when I wish to pass on the info to those who may be interested

Date: December 10, 2017 13:47

corriecas
Deathgod
CaptainCorella
Deathgod

I think this may not happen. Maybe in 2019, but there is only one tour in 2018, and thats the 2018 UK Tour. The Stones will be far too busy to finish up the New album in the first 4 months of 2018, do promotion etc. Then there are the rehearsals for the UK tour, so i dont think tours in other continents will happen in 2018.
Jeroen

Lolz whatever

Jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 10, 2017 20:57

The speculation here is almost as crazy as the new album thread!
Somewhere deep within the quagmire of various sources and opinions, there lies some form of truth.
Australia 2018 before the UK tour? Questionable, but not totally unrealistic imo.thumbs up

Date: December 10, 2017 21:14

Maybe its time for Bjornulf to say something about it.
jeroen

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 12, 2017 10:39

Well, it looks like Hyde Park won't happen. The Cure are headlining on 7 July.

Date: December 12, 2017 11:21

The only thing we know for sure is that they have picked some venues in England and Scotland.

Date: December 12, 2017 12:02

DandelionPowderman
The only thing we know for sure is that they have picked some venues in England and Scotland.

They probably pre-booked some stadiums. But that was also the case e.g. with Oslo and maybe Vienna or Dublin last spring - and it never happened. Like many "phantom tours" before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-12 12:14 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 12, 2017 12:48

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

They probably pre-booked some stadiums. But that was also the case e.g. with Oslo and maybe Vienna or Dublin last spring - and it never happened. Like many "phantom tours" before.

Cancer was a pretty legitimate reason for those cancellations, though. Those dates had nothing to do with «phantoms», Oslo was booked. Ronnie had cancer and had to udnergo treatment. Anything can happen, and sometimes it does. No one is to blame.

Date: December 12, 2017 12:54

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

Cancer was a pretty legitimate reason for those cancellations, though. Those dates had nothing to do with «phantoms», Oslo was booked. Ronnie had cancer and had to udnergo treatment. Anything can happen, and sometimes it does. No one is to blame.

There were many similar cases in the past which had nothing to do with cancer. The Rolling Stones mess around with the promotors since many many years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-12 12:56 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: December 12, 2017 12:59

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

There were many similar cases in the past which had nothing to do with cancer.

Where they cancelled a tour, and came back and did it? The Aussie-tour, obviously (after L'Wren's passing).

I don't think there are many similar cases with the latter-day Stones, are there? They have cancelled South America in 1975 (didn't do the tour at all) and Ireland in 1982? Probably some more in the 70s, but in between 1989-2017?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 12, 2017 13:10

There are. There was a pretty big Europe arena tour planned for fall 2013 but never happened.
The South America tour was originally planned for Winter 2014 but got delayed because of the Far East tour that had to be moved.

Date: December 12, 2017 13:19

Europe I 1970, Asia/Americas 1996, Europe 2013, South America 2015 to name but a few tour legs that never happened and NOT due to illness.

Date: December 12, 2017 13:32

Monsoon Ragoon
Europe I 1970, Asia/Americas 1996, Europe 2013, South America 2015 to name but a few tour legs that never happened and NOT due to illness.

Did they plan to do a full asian and south american tour only a year after they played those continents? Do you know that a full euro-tour was booked in 2013? A postponement of the south american tour happened for the same reason we discussed earlier.

You are talking about rumours, right, not pre-booked or booked tours?

That's a different thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-12 13:35 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 12, 2017 13:34

Stonesfan2146
There are. There was a pretty big Europe arena tour planned for fall 2013 but never happened.
The South America tour was originally planned for Winter 2014 but got delayed because of the Far East tour that had to be moved.

But these things were rearranged because of one incident (L'Wren). Monsoon said that they had cancelled tours for other reasons in latter days.

Was the euro-tour really booked for fall 2013?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 12, 2017 14:02

2013 Fall Tour of Europe seemed to be more than just rumors.

Keith said as much in an interview with XFM that summer, and prior to Hyde Park 2 Mick tweeted "It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!"

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: December 12, 2017 14:07

Yes, and it was supposed to be even bigger than the US tour as I understand.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 12, 2017 14:14

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

Did they plan to do a full asian and south american tour only a year after they played those continents? Do you know that a full euro-tour was booked in 2013? A postponement of the south american tour happened for the same reason we discussed earlier.

[iorr.org]

Date: December 12, 2017 14:15

bye bye johnny
2013 Fall Tour of Europe seemed to be more than just rumors.

Keith said as much in an interview with XFM that summer, and prior to Hyde Park 2 Mick tweeted "It's been a fantastic tour so far & great to finish this leg in our hometown!"

I remember that. Then again, these things take some planning, and they ended up starting the tour in June next year instead.

Hardly the same as cancelling a big pre-booked or booked tour without a good reason, as Monsoon said they have done in recent years.

Date: December 12, 2017 14:17

erikjjf
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

[iorr.org]

As I thought. No cancellations. Thanks, Erik.

And even Wild Horses, the single, was eventually released smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-12 14:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 12, 2017 18:26

Cure got the slot between Eric and Waters, so no Stones in Hyde Park BST

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 12, 2017 18:38

At Villiers, we strive to put you and your guests in the best seats in the house for those unmissable concerts. And why not enjoy the full VIP experience when watching your favourite artist perform live? Enjoy the finest food and beverages from the deluxe hospitality suites located in some of the UK’s finest stadia. Find out more on our available music hospitality, at prestigious concert venues such as Etihad Stadium and Wembley Stadium.

Should the Rolling Stones announce UK tour dates for 2018, ensure you receive first access to the premier The Rolling Stones hospitality packages by registering with us today. On registering interest, include details of your preferred location, group size and any hospitality requirements. For a larger group, register interest in securing a private box. Find out more speculation surrounding The Rolling Stones touring the UK in 2018, here. [www.villiers-london.co.uk]

Date: December 12, 2017 18:54

Sounds like "normal" tickets for up to £600, sounds like 16 warhorses out of 19/20 songs. Bizarre ending for the greatest band ever.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-12 18:58 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: December 13, 2017 15:14

Monsoon Ragoon
Sounds like "normal" tickets for up to £600, sounds like 16 warhorses out of 19/20 songs. Bizarre ending for the greatest band ever.

Well, what did you expect, a free concert at Altamont?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2017 18:09

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

Pre-booked? So they have't booked them yet? Or do you mean they booked them?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 13, 2017 18:13

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

Where they cancelled a tour, and came back and did it? The Aussie-tour, obviously (after L'Wren's passing).

I don't think there are many similar cases with the latter-day Stones, are there? They have cancelled South America in 1975 (didn't do the tour at all) and Ireland in 1982? Probably some more in the 70s, but in between 1989-2017?

They played Ireland in 1982. Second to last date of the tour.

Date: December 13, 2017 18:26

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman

They played Ireland in 1982. Second to last date of the tour.

Sorry, I meant this gig. Wrong country, too...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home