Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 127
Re: 2018 Tour of UK
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 15, 2017 07:15

heinz57
The plan as of now is that the Stones would go back into the studio in December to work on the new album. The aim would be to finish it up by spring, in time for the tour which would start in May. Of course, plans can always change.

Thanks Heinz!

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 15, 2017 07:58

corriecas
heinz57
The plan as of now is that the Stones would go back into the studio in December to work on the new album. The aim would be to finish it up by spring, in time for the tour which would start in May. Of course, plans can always change.

Source??
Jeroen

Mr. Jeroen ... Heinz57 .. IS... the friggin source!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 15, 2017 08:09

tommycharles
I'm sure there’s something obvious I’m missing here, but what did they do to the pyramid stage? Looked the same as normal to me...

Catwalk?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 15, 2017 08:44

leahoneill

And Hyde Park 2 weekends in a row was incredible but Roger Waters already booked for Hyde Park Summer Weekend...

There's only one weekend of summer in the UK? Talk about Climate Change! We have about 13 weekends of summer downunder! smiling smiley

Rod

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: November 15, 2017 09:54

Enter studio shortly before X-Mas? What have they done the whole year (apart from some 30 hours concert-playing)? When do they want to release the album? 2023?

Date: November 15, 2017 09:59

Monsoon Ragoon
Enter studio shortly before X-Mas? What have they done the whole year (apart from some 30 hours concert-playing)? When do they want to release the album? 2023?

They have written, recorded, planned a tour and toured.

Date: November 15, 2017 10:03

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

They have worked in September and October and done nothing in the other 8 1/2 months. The talk about the "new album" appears absurd meanwhile. It still won't be finished if they spend five more days in the studio before X-Mas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-15 10:04 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: November 15, 2017 10:10

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

They have worked in September and October and done nothing in the other 8 1/2 months. The talk about the "new album" appears absurd meanwhile. It still won't be finished if they spend five more days in the studio before X-Mas.

So the Keith pictures from the studio («I love to write on the piano») was just something I dreamt?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 15, 2017 10:15

heinz57
Thanks Heinz.
Jeroen

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 15, 2017 10:17

Monsoon Ragoon

Don't you remember why the tour got delayed?

Nate

Date: November 15, 2017 10:19

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

So the Keith pictures from the studio («I love to write on the piano») was just something I dreamt?

Okay I checked it. They were in the studio in the first half of the year - for some days or maybe two weeks. If they go on like this we will get the album until 2025.

Date: November 15, 2017 10:25

August 2017:

Date: November 15, 2017 10:27

I think many fans haven't gotten used to the way they work nowadays: In spurts.

Even though they don't spend weeks or months at a time in the studio, they'll probably get work done this way, too smiling smiley

Date: November 15, 2017 10:27

Looks like pre production rehearsals/ song writing sessions, NOT like finishing an album.

Date: November 15, 2017 10:35

Monsoon Ragoon
Looks like pre production rehearsals/ song writing sessions, NOT like finishing an album.

7 guitars and mic-ed up amps for writing sessions?

Production rehearsals are rehearsals at the very venue they'll be playing.

Date: November 15, 2017 10:44

Okay I think this makes no sense. We will see if the album will be ready next year. I don't think so.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 15, 2017 10:51

That pic of Keith at the piano was posted within a day or two of Mick releasing Getta Grip. I was kind of a bittersweet pic - while Mick, Charlie and Ronnie were swept up with a new release, Keith (who wasn't involved with Getta Grip) was hunkered down alone at the piano posting a pic of himself to no one in particular. Not sure how much it had to do with the Stones recording any new material, but that's old news and hopefully they can move forward in December.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 15, 2017 12:17

DandelionPowderman
August 2017:

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

Date: November 15, 2017 12:54

Okay..the tour might start in May...this might give some problems in my diary.
Jeroen

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: November 15, 2017 13:03

35love
DandelionPowderman
August 2017:

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the benjd
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

I saw Eric Clapton cover Moon River at a concert a few years back. This really divided people, I was mortified, saying it's not what I paid my ticket money for. Others liked it and called me a music snob. Yes who can deny its a beautiful song but a time and place for everything, surely?!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 17, 2017 06:17

I agree, hated it live by Clapton.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: November 17, 2017 20:12

Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

They have worked in September and October and done nothing in the other 8 1/2 months. The talk about the "new album" appears absurd meanwhile. It still won't be finished if they spend five more days in the studio before X

Okay I checked it. They were in the studio in the first half of the year - for some days or maybe two weeks. If they go on like this we will get the album until 2025.[/I don’t understand your thinking on this at their age they have earned the right to retire in luxury yet they keep working not to mention other more important stuff like getting treatment for cancer they don’t owe you another album or tour you should just be grateful for what they do

Date: November 17, 2017 20:42

Just days after the cancer treatment they announced the rescheduled European Tour. That's possible but not record an album of originals within 2 or 3 years. Maybe not enough $ to make? Or do they fear it will not be comparable with Exile or Tattoo You? - Anyway we're in the wrong thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-17 20:43 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Date: November 18, 2017 03:02

So...if the Tour will start in May..
Tour announcement will be around february 1. Ticketsales shortly after??
Jeroen

Posted by: atip ()
Date: November 18, 2017 03:36

corriecas
Okay..the tour might start in May...this might give some problems in my diary.
Jeroen

Uh,yea. Like we don't know what's going to win out for any conflicts in your diary. smiling smiley

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: November 18, 2017 04:47

DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon
DandelionPowderman
Monsoon Ragoon

I agree with you Dandelion. though they havent done loads of any of the above.. they did a little of everything you mentioned in your response. They recorded in May and June (officially). As well .. Mick and Keith spent a week together in a room writing. That is what we know 'for certain'. They could of recorded another time or two during the year in a more stripped down manner.

They recorded / worked on this album a few times last year as well (counting the session in 2015 that gave us Blue & Lonesome. Remember.. that album came out of those sessions in a three day stretch but they also worked on other material during that time just as well.

The album has been worked on about four times that we know of for sure.

My guess is Mick & Keith or perhaps a more stripped down version of their recording ensemble has worked a time or two as well.

So going into the latter part of this year and early next is to get to completing it IMO. In a months time or just beyond that they could have a good handle on recording it with all overdubs Im sure.

Then its the mixing phase - 2 to 3 or perhaps 4 weeks on that and the album is finished.

IMO in three months the album could be basically finished.

Six or seven months ago Mick actually said they had 'half an album' done. Those were his words.

*They may not of spent weeks on end in the studio but they have worked on it in spurts ... Every album is different. My guess is the album is well underway / half finished and via Nov-Dec and then Jan-Mar. It will be 'very very easily' completed given the time allotted. They have more than enough time to confortably complete it. In fact.. they still wont rush it IMO. They will probabably do another few sessions recording and then hit the overdubs. Then its mixing and mastering. That could take 10 days or five weeks lol Depending.

They could take their sweet old time (which they certainly have ...and will continue) and still have pleeeeeeeeeeenty of time. This album they gave ample time and the buzz word on this one is 'dont rush it' .. let it progress this time out... Perhaps it needed that and that is how this album works.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-18 04:52 by IanBillen.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 18, 2017 05:48

Just finished a european tour, Working on a new album and Planning a UK tour.
Given the age reality of this band - this is amazing.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 18, 2017 10:14

Monsoon Ragoon

Oh yeah, they spent a comfortable September and Octobet at home and every once in a while they were teleported to some arena to work for 2 hours. Those guys are only 75, how dare they not be working round the clock, right? I think it would help the general atmosphere here a lot if people didn't projet their personal frustrations into the Stone's world

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: November 19, 2017 07:23

I need another four shows folks.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: November 23, 2017 18:43

Look what Jade Jagger post on Instagram.

[www.instagram.com]

jadejezebeljagger@theodorarichards miss you too darling
jadejezebeljaggerLet’s have a get together at knebworth

Knebworth!!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10